EXTREME Home Mouseover

This place needs an EXTREME MOUSE-OVER. Would you look at this red and white—what is this, a White Stripes video? Good God, People. Barbie wouldn’t be caught dead on this thing. And what’s with the TOILET? Oh, do not get me started on botched remodels.Barry_is_a_bit_large_for_his_couch2I guess I’ll move this little number next to the Stuart Smalley mirror over here. Hmm. Nice chaaaaiiir!!! [singsong]Barry_leans_on_the_couch1Dr. Anne, you may be the best mouse vet in the world, but fer cryin’ out loud, get some decent upholstery!

Comments

1. :O
    his tail! it’s so long! that’s a mouse? he looks like a hammy with a rat tail. a very fat hammy.

2. Is that the hugest mouse on earth?! I thought he was a hamster at first. Still cute, of course. :-D

3. Holy Fluffer McFluffersons!

4. good old whatshername says:

Long-tailed hamster, fluffy mouse, who knows. I just think it’s totally awesome that he’s toilet trained.

5. Michelle says:

Why is the toilet in the living room?

6. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

I think the use of cardboard walls and flooring makes a real ‘green’ statement and is so now ikn its ethnic quality .

7. O M G. i’m speechless.

8. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

sorry not ikn its, but in its.

9. Eau Moi Gawd what a fuzzy little FOOTBALL! Who says stripes are slimming?

(I mean this in a good way.)

10. Is it possible to fall in love with a mouse? Because I am totally in love with that mouse! Too flooofy for words! And ya know, there are times when a toidy in the living room might come in handy….ya never know. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go!

11. My first thought was a bunch of Mitch Hedberg quotes:
    “…this bedroom has an oven in it. This bedroom has a lot of people sitting around watching TV. This bedroom is over in that guy’s house. ‘Sir, you’ve got one of my bedrooms, are you aware? Don’t decorate it!’”

After that, I thought, *how* adorable is that little puff of love?! With the tail and the puffiness and the loooove?! SO cute! :D

12. “I’m good enough, I’m smart enough. And goshdarnit, people like me!”

Now I gotta use the toidy, so please leave.

13. I’m pretty sure that mouse is searching for her dignity. (Check the toilet.)

14. omigod, this is one of the best pics ever!
    poor mousie is a bit big for her couch! makes lounging around watching the mouseketeers a little less relaxing than in an ideal world.

15. are we sure this “fat mouse”/”hamster with a rat tail” etc is not actually…a rat? just wondering?

16. I think this is yet another example of pregnant women wanting to redecorate. (Or at least I’m hoping that mouse is pregnant. If not, for pete’s sake, stop feeding it deep-fried Twinkies!!!)

17. zeldapie says:

Hee hee! Chunk-style!

18. It looks like the Irken Empire decorated the house. Which would explain the weird toilet placement.
    …wait. Is that GIR in a mouse suit?

19. Laurie C says:

I beg to differ, I think the candy striped couches are charming. As is the interior decorator.

20. AngiePangie says:

Okay… I often look but don’t “speak” but I can’t let this one go by. That is the most goshdarn cutest critter I have ever seen! And it does look like she/he is pulling a “Goldilocks”… first tried the couch… not comfy enough… now checks the chair.

21. What a cute little obese mouse! I purchased a mouse at Petsmart a couple years ago. A week later I discovered she was pregnant! Not much later we had 7 new mice. It was neat to watch them grow and develop. Two of them developed into big round mousies that were oft mistaken for hamsters with long tails. They are ridiculously cute when they waddle around.

22. this mouse is anerable, but i disagree with her about the upholstery.

fifi – definitely not a rat; the ear-to-head ration is to great and the nosicle area is to short.

23. AuntieMame says:

I love the upholstery. It’d be perfect for a sunny breakfast nook, with some wicker chairs, a little white paint, a few nautical flags.

24. Yitzysmommie says:

OOO OOO! Major SQUEEE here – this whatever it is is SOOOOOO cute, I love it. And yes, dear, the stripes Do make you look fat.

25. So that’s who bought the cute little seaside cottage down the street!

26. To take the toilet out of the room would make it uncanny.

27. GAHHHHHH!!!! My tender linguistic sensibilities!

OK, yeah, kettle vs. pot; but still.

28. is this a rat or a hamster

29. Alwyzsunny says:

That’s adorable!

30. Constance says:

Holy crap! That mousie is huge!

31. I’m sorry, but wood toilet seats are tacky. Stheriously.

32. All it needs now is a blue rug with white stars.

33. I have a neighbor, whose first name is Rhea, who married a man whose last name is Polster. Rhea kept her maiden name.

34. Helene – at least it’s not one of those squishy soft padded (presumably germ-infested)ones! also good that it doesn’t have a shag cover.

i would like to use this mouse to apply face powder. puff, puff!

35. “und today, on mouse house matters, vee vill be mooofing zee furnitare in order tew feature zees fine lookeenk commode.”

“first, vee moost test zee sqooshieness of zee lovezeet”

“und zen vee moost begin moovink zee chair – oh vait a minooote. eez zees a cheezy poof under zeee cusion??! time for zee snackage!”

36. lurkingsmirk says:

oh my what a little fatty!

37. Somebody has been seriously overdoing the cheese…

I didn’t know you could get fluffy coach potatos.

38. Faekitty (Heather M.) says:

I do believe it’s a rat.. very characteristic ears and tail, though I’ll admit I’ve NEVER seen one that fluffy.

39. you guys r silly says:

Dawn — sure —- it’s a Potato Puff.
    &:o)

40. …sweet lord is that thing cute.

And shaped like a sausage. A *fluffy* sausage.

41. The only way that could be cuter is if the toilet was functional and that little guy was potty trained.

42. Waaaaai! I wish all furniture movers were that cute!!

43. It’s a fat hammie. No, it’s a mouse. No, it’s a ratty…

Whatever it is, it has a fantastic living arrangement. Though I think it needs a bigger couch.

44. Oh noes! He’s toooo fattttttt.

45. lauowolf says:

Mousie is wondering why the chair and couch are all full of cushions.
    How’s a mouse supposed to squeeze in there when the cushions take up all the room?
    (And it’s nothing to do with how plumptious a mousie is, either, thank you.)

46. FAT RAT!!! Damn, he lives in a nicer house than I do…

47. That’s totally a mouse. Google images, peeps. Gotta love it.

48. I believe this is the first photographed evidence of a Rodent of Unusual Size in the US. (And you can’t argue with me–that mouse is decidedly of an unusual size. And shape.)

49. onionpencil musashi says:

is this mouse as chubby as it looks or has breeding progressed that far on coat selection? yes, definitely a mouse, tho the first pic is very hamsterish.

50. KaitouJuliet says:

Noo, I like the upholstery! The peppermint stripes are just the thing to complement the ginger fluffball.

(Wants to pet the fluffball!)

51. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Marmalade mousie!!!

52. He looks a little like the thing I used to use to clean my clarinet. ;)

53. HOLY CHUBBY MOUSIE BATMAN!

Seriously, though I saw what I thought was a giant gerbil in a store the other day and it turned out it was just prego so, as has been said, that may be the case. Either way TAHT is one cute little puff-ball. I just hope it’s health isn’t suffering for it’s “puffiness” ;)

FABO tastes in interior textiles too. :p

54. That is one fatty bumblatty mouse! He looks like one of those mouses from an obesity study.
    Regardless, he has luffly furniture!!!

55. Oh, and it looks like the mousie’s “mom” is a vet so, I think the mousie is pregnant. *nods head* Yup, that’s what’s happening, yup… until someone has a better idea or we hear something els… *sheepish* :)

56. useta hada kitteh says:

Give dis mousie some pwivacy! Not only is the toylit next to da couch, but da bafftub’s there too!

Mousie, ya gotta build some walls!

57. Martha in Washington says:

Is his name really Barry? Then I don’t think he’s pregnant. Unless there is something about mouse reproduction that I don’t know about. Not that I know THAT much about it.

58. Mebbe the fixtures are in the parlor while the bathroom is being remodeled. Totally splurge on the heated floors, UROUS (Unidentified Rodent Of Unusual Size).

59. heidilynn says:

Stuart Smalley mirror….don’t you mean Stuart Little mirror…no, wait, I get it….guess I’m more in-tune with kid-movies than SNL…

60. It’s obvious this mouse is a descendant of the famous Thomas Crapper. Cute lil’ bugger though.

61. Bettymouse says:

I once had a mouse that looked *just* like this one! Same color, same, ahem, magnitude. I actually took her to the vet, thinking that she was in the midst of the world’s longest mouse pregnancy. Nope, she was just big-boned. She was a total sweetheart, too, unlike the other standoffish mice I’ve known…

62. Theresa… with a bit of training, this mousey could clean your clarinet for you… while you sit back and watch.

Nice mouse….. $4.00,

Loud furniture… $10,

Strangely placed amenities…$10

Brilliant picture…. Priceless!

63. Bettymouse…….. BIG BONED mouse… mwhahahaha… love it!!!

64. zomg SQUEEEEEEE!

65. oh my god, that’s adorable. and look how convenient his living room set up is! he can watch tv from the toilet and never miss a thing.

and i agree…i thought he was a hamster, too. i didn’t even notice the tail, until i read the first comment in here. craziness. cute, cute craziness!

66. Piggalette says:

Pyrit: LOL!

67. Dustbunny says:

Why does mousie look s-o-o-o much bigger in the top pic than in the bottom one? It’s like a puffer fish…I mean, puffer-mouse.

68. kellyfaerie says:

I hadta change my name on here because I see we have another Kelly.

Anyway, I especially loff the mirror in this room, where you can see half a mouse-tock. :)

69. I just keep expecting the mousie to be attacked by a Teenage Strangler.

70. With a name like Barry, I doubt he’s pregnant. I think he’s a mouse/hamster hybrid. A moumster…

71. Shaz — I think this mouse/hamster hybrid should be called a “house”.

72. OMG!!!ITS SO FLUFFY!!1!!1!!!!!!

73. AuntieMame says:

She’s mighty, mighty,
    Lettin’ it all hang out!

(Even if her name is Barry…)

74. Anybody's says:

Did you guys miss me?

75. AuntieM — built like a ham-azon! Yeah s/he’s a brick…

76. That is one fat mouse! Cute though. :)

77. He’s NOT fat, he’s fulumpcious!

78. OMG, the toilet!!!

79. Peeps, it is obviously one of those cool urban lofts where *everything* is in one space–the tribble here is obviously ahead of the, er, curve…

80. Anonymous Coward says:

Holy smokes! That mouse needs to be on a diet, pronto!

I really thought it was a hamster until I noticed the tail. Whoa. I just can hear the liver screaming out in pain…

I must say: it has good tastes in furniture, though a toilet bowl in the living room doesn’t quite do it for me. But then I’m picky.

81. No… it can’t possibly be a mouse. Seriously, what is it really?? (Perhaps it’s really a hamster with a tail fetish. You know, it’s one of those fake press-on tails. Shhh… Barrie, we won’t tail.)

82. Theo, House is an arrogant prick who walks around with a cane on Tuesday nights on my TV…not to be confused with this creature…who’s as big as a house…or a House…in a house…

83. More like…. “Dr. Anne, you may be the best mouse vet in the world, but fer cryin’ out loud, get that mouse a diet!!”

It does not have a rat face, it does not have a hamster tail, it does not have a mouse body…. cross-breeding, parhaps? :~P

84. R. Moore says:

Holy fat mouse!

I like the theory that it’s pregnant and moving the furniture :) My mum drove everyone crazy with that when we were all young’uns.

85. natalie q says:

“yo mouse so fat when it sits around the couch it sits AROUND the couch”

I love it to bits. little furniture and all

86. natalie q: ha ha!

87. Shaz –
    [leaning back in chair]
    [one eyebrow raised]
    [arms crossed]
    [smirk]

88. Alice Shortcake says:

Personally I think there’s a lot to be said for having a toilet next to the sofa. Does anyone remember that teleportation device on “The Simpsons” that allowed Homer to relieve himself without leaving the TV?

89. fluidstatic says:

how adorably flumptuous. *keels over*

90. it’s the stuart smalley mirror for stuart little.

91. No way we are looking at the mutant result of a mouse/hammie “relationship,” It’s just genetically, not likely.

Let’s face it – fat lil’ mousie is a WAY better theory. ;) :p

92. P.S. I think, “flumptuous,” is a GREAT word for this mousie’s… uhm general ‘bigness.’ ;D

93. It’s an agouti mouse.

They’re all fat and orange like that. It’s a genetic thing.

94. It’s an agouti mouse.

Agouti mice are orange and fat like that. It’s a genetic variation for coat color that’s highly correlated to obesity.

95. It’s an agouti mouse.

There is a well-documented link between their agoutitude and their being big giant fluffy enormous fat adorable mighty mighty brick houses, just like this one. Well, OK, the evidence is anecdotal, and I read it on the internet, but that’s not the point. The point is, OMG, is that a TOILET in the LIVING ROOM? [sigh] Yes, the point is, good taste and aesthetical sense also tend to be inherited traits… so it follows that the marked lack thereof also tends to “run in the family” — sometimes even a fuzzy orange football family.

Oh, sure, I know what you’re thinking. But the rest of them are all down in the den playing DDR. It’s not like they WANT to be fat.

96. Hmmm…. I worry that if Mr. Mousie McFatterson’s eats one more of those cheezy puffs that he found under the couch cushions he will asplode!! And then he loses any chance of getting on Extreme Makeover: Mouse House edition!

I’ll bet they make him re-upholster that couch and chair!

97. I think it’s definitely a fat mouse

98. this mouse got posted at dlisted!

i read dlisted and co everday (mostly) so imagine my joy to see the crossover :)

99. Gerbil?

100. can’t believe I’m the first one to say this but I use it as a excuse for my – er, ‘flumptuous’ hamsters.

‘he’s not fat, he’s fluffy!’

101. Thanx ALL for the rare laugh-til-I-cry session! “Agouti mouse?” Sound like a deelish Italian dessert to me. Yum!