Knobbular!

Totally knobbular, Dewd! (AND totally prosh lil’ horns)

This bebeh endangered Arabian Oryx was born in Wildlife World Zoo, in Litchfield Park, AZ.

Baby_arabian_5801

Thanks, Animalphiles, for writing this post for us! (And for the suggestion, Denise S. ;)

Comments

1. Cute and beautiful!

2. Karen in Toronto says:

He’s got cowlicks ALL OVER.

3. I noticed them, too, but they must be oryx-licks.

Or ORYX-LYX???

4. LOL, Theresa!

(And well chosen & submitted, MusicChick2.)

5. Dustbunny says:

One of the clues I couldn’t get in the crossword puzzle today was a 4-letter word for “a fringe-eared antelope” — the answer was ORYX! I shoulda checked out CO first, although those earsies don’t look particularly fringed.

6. misscrisp says:

Ahn….lookit the little hornsies! Muy Qte™.

7. Arabian Oryx has to be the best animal name ever.

It rather looks like a cow.

8. Forget the Elixir of Life – we have the Oryxer of Cute!

(and thanks MC2!)

9. Also, Meg, don’t you mean TEWTALLY?!

;)

10. R. Moore says:

Oh how weird, if you click on the link, at the top of the page there’s a picture of a red eyed tree frog. My sister found that picture a few years back and painted it in watercolors. It’s hanging on Mum’s beloved red walls now.

11. SeaBreeze says:

Oryx you glad you posted this picture? =)

Seriously, dis bebeh is QTE to the extreme! He almost looks like a cross between a cow and a deer.

12. Mebbe he will meet a nice sheepalope at the bus stop!

13. lof his prosh lil overbite too.

looks like he should be on the simpsons.

14. Animalphiles Annie says:

OMG – it’s like I’ve died and gone to heaven – my site mentioned in a CO *post* (faints). I totally squeed myself. :-) Thanks for the linkage, Meg!!

15. lauowolf says:

Babeh looks like a cow on pointe.
    Such long, long legs.

16. I don’t think it’s cute, imo.

17. Ya habibi! Al sagheer wa jameel!

*ahem*

See what you’ve done? You’ve got me cooing at pictures in Arabic now! (I didn’t think the system would take the correct characters, so it’s phonetic)

And I really want to tickle those knobby baby knees…so cute!!

18. love the eyelashes.

19. P. Erasmus says:
  20. Those forehead nobettes will become for-MID-able in no time at all, and hard to ignoryx:

21. Is it a young hamburger, or is it more? Only humanity can decide, knobs or no knobs.

22. Looking at him you can just tell he makes cute sounds when startled :)

23. Suda Nim says:

Well, ogopogo, so do we….squee….

24. Anyone else notice that his li’l body’s shaped like the continental USA? Only missing most of Texas.

25. Am I the only one that wants to go up and scratch her neck? Or give a good chin rub ….. or just something?

I’m jealous ….. I pay good money for lashes like that

26. Cute knobby leeeeeeeeegz!

27. This bebeh oryx
    From the land of mystix
    Is all knobbly-kneed right now,
    But he’ll soon grow – and HOW!
    As big as an obelix.

28. starcat — I see it now!

Sharon — I’m thinking ear scritch and snout nuzzle myself.

29. now that i’ve seen how breath-taking he’ll be all growed up, i wanna squeeze his cute little awkwardness all the more!

i bet his lips would feel like velvet on you cheek…i want an oryx kiss!

30. You better get that Oryx kiss now, then, since he’s liable to poke your eye out if he gives you an adult kiss.

31. Is this Oryx wearing Oxfords?

An oryx oxymoron: beautiful beast.

Endangered? Xerox Oryx.

This has been your daily Oryx fix.

32. …incoryxable.

33. More like Exlax.

34. For the record, Layla said “my baby! So small and cute!”

My own habibi, who grew up in the country, looked at it and said “I’ve seen lots of baby calves like that.” I said “maybe not *quite* like that…”:)

35. Brak_Silverbone says:

Little white socks all around! Little sweet feet!