LATE!

For all ya’ll who are shovelin’ snows lately, this one is for you. Check out this Chipmonkersons who almost got scronched. He’s all: "LAAAATE!"

ski-boing

Karen S., nice technique.

// EDIT — thanks to Suzanne for helping find the source image on MSNBC.com! //

Comments

1. BlueFairy says:

I think that is a red squirrel, they are my favorite!

2. beenclawed says:

I lurve chipmonkersons! I used to cut up oranges and leave them outside for the chipmonks when I lived in Il. They were all “WHOO HOO! You’re the BESTEST!”

3. moofyboof says:

dear GOD thats adorable!

4. Whoa, timewarp… how’d you slip this one by me, Meg??

5. YAY! I got my birthday present! :)

6. BlueFairy, you are right, that is a red squirrel. Chipmunks have stripes. I’m suprised he’s not trying to chase the skiier away, little reds have SUCH attitudes!

7. Now that is definitely Scat from Ice Age. He’s chasing the acorn…just…out..of…reach.

8. Yep. That’s a Mr McRedSquirrelsons.

For a closeup of a cute Mr McChippersons: http://erroraccessdenied.com/node/994

9. that squirrel doesn’t even look real to me!

10. Run little guy…run

11. that doesnt look real.

12. Totally, Jen. Nobody’s skis are THAT short.

13. Suzanne says:

Theo & Jen…totally real. It was one of the pics featured on MSNBC’s “This Week in Pictures,” as was the baby orang & tiger cub.

McSquirrelsons is like me this morning, running to catch the inbound train.

14. violetgreen says:

Red sqirrels are cute. Chipmunks are cute. But sorry, obvious and badly-done photo-shoppings aren’t cute.

15. If that chimpmunk was here in MN he would stay hidden yet still a blizzard warning and blowing snow but maybe he ran out nuts had to run to his other hidden stash of goodies, safe journey little one.

16. looks photoshopped to me too

17. That squirrel looks like he was photoshopped on there. But still cool. ‘Wheres my nuts wheres my nuts’??

18. I saw this on msnbc’s photos of the week this morning! It was the last one, it tewtally shocked me and I gasped out loud in my cubicle!

19. Hmmm… that “source image” link only works if I copy-and-paste the URL location into the address bar, manually. You can also go here…
    …and click on the “Feb. 22 – March 1″ heading. Look for the last (14th) photo in the slideshow.

20. I totally thought it was ‘shopped too. Still fun but shopped. Until I looked at the source image on msnbc. Hilarious. And very real.

21. Yikes!!! Look at eet!!! Sqweee!

And here’s a real time-warp video ;)

22. Subhangi – I hug you! Huge Scrat fan.
    Love Scrat. Scrat. Scrat. Scrat.
    Thanks, Sub!

23. I ski, you ski,
    Red skwerlski skidaddleski.
    I don’t see inkjetski watermark,
    I don’t see ASCII or Fark, of Photoshop renown.
    I ski, you ski,
    We all ski down.

24. Methinks Pyrit has been hittin’ the Bunneh Cremes and the Catnip Margarita pops. Early.

25. violetgreen says:

OK, I looked up the source. All that proved to me is that MSNBC is not above photo-shopping. It’s photo-friggin’-shopped a’ready, peeps!

26. It’s an AP photo, VioletGreen. Russ Dillingham is the photographer. If it was faked, there’d be repercussions. So I very much doubt it’s been digitally altered.

27. Theo – Whiski?

28. Don’t mind if I do.

29. layla42 says:

Okay–fess up peeps.

Who’s been feeding Sammy (or Hammy) sugar and caffeine?

30. Gillian says:

Yo, so I was hanging out on a ski-slope and I almost got run over by a skier, and as he sped past he was like WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

31. AND OMG OMG GILLIAN I SAW R2D2 AND HE WAS ALL LIKE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! BLEEP!
    http://www.threebrain.com/weeeeee.shtml (good call)

32. omg theo – 3brain – too funny. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

the pic still looks fake.

33. I can never reclaim the seconds it took to watch that WEEEEEEE video. Good thing I’m feeling squirrely.

34. Suda Nim says:

Theo…..biiiiiiiiggggggggg repercussions. Photojournalists have in fact been caught doctoring photos, and they’re lucky to escape with their lives…..

On the other hand, sometimes reality is just too good to be true. (And I always suspected Bert was evil.)

35. He looks to me to be keeping in the air because his fets are cold, brr, snow!