Shuh-tile

It’s amazing what Airport shuttles go for these days.

It made five stops on our way to Oakland too, dammit.

Taxeh!... TAXEH!

Elizabeth L….Bokee! [Bird bok]

Comments

1. Look like someone missed the boat. :)

2. “peeps” has never been so apt – and you missed it, Meg! (Bling blang bleen…?)

3. BOIDS!

I wonder who their hairstylist is. I love the dos!

4. Boids!

Ah-dore-ah-bul!

I wonder who their hairstylist is. I love the dos!

5. That is too cute! Kinda like how I carpool with my Dad to work. :-)

6. Loons?

Loons!

7. Duuude, I think the gremlins have gotten into typepad once again. Sheesh! Sorry for the double post (but I did change it up a bit)!

8. Loons?

Loons???

Or ducks?

9. Whew! I’m glad I don’t have to carry five or six kids on my back! They are so fuzzy and soft-looking though… maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. Especially if you get to hear the little tiny ‘cheep’s in your ear. Hmm… now I’m purring.

10. Mergansers! Looks like the Common Merganser, actually. They’re sea ducks with hooked bills to catch fish with. I’d never seen the babies before, though–so KAH-YOOT!! ^__^

–TwoDragons

11. Oh my gosh. That is just too cute. Like a fuzzy ferry boat.

12. Awwwwwwwsome photo. It clicks bigger, too.

13. That is just the cutest. Fuzzy ferry boat.

14. Mama is gettin’ down!

15. Thank you thank you thank you. You have officially made my week.

16. They’re adorable (and definitely not loons).

17. TanksMommy says:

peeps peeps and more peeps! Oh the cuteness!!!!

18. those are mergansers! awesome.

19. But where do they put the seatbelts?

20. I worry about the little guy who’s paddling along behind Mama…I hope he can keep up.

21. SixFootJen says:

That last little guy has missed the shuttle and is frantically swimming to catch his ride!

22. chet's momma says:

faster, ma, faster!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Hmmm…. I’ve never heard of Mergansers! C.O. – fluffy cute-iliciousness AND educational too! ;-)

24. Ahh I sent this in.. it actually got posted! :D

25. awwwwww – i want to snorgle them!!!!

26. gives new meaning to “mom’s Taxi”!

27. All aboard!

28. Peg of Tilling says:

One duck’s on his own, so it’s duck-duck-duck-duck-loose!

29. OMG so funny!

30. I love mergansers!! I used to do breeeding-bird surveys and I always lost count of the other birds when I saw a Merganser :)

31. ThreeCatNight says:

Mama Duck: “Room for one more! All aboard!”
    (stowaways not accepted)

32. aaaagh! merganser-lets! i see these guys all the time in maine, but never saw the bebehs before. she barely has enough back for all those offspringses.

33. You know what she’s thinking, right?

“That lazy, good-for-nothing…kids, you just wait until I get my hands on your father!”

34. oh man i live in oakland and my ears perked up.

adorable

35. hrh.squeak says:

Hey Charlotte,

Lake Merritt has a bird sanctuary. The best entrance is off of Grand Avenue, just next to Ta-ke Sushi (also excellent). It’s bebeh boid season! Great watchin’, especially watching toddlers trying to fling bread at the ducks and mommas trying to keep toddlers from flinging themselves into the water.

36. Red breasted mergansers?

37. Nice common mergansers. A couple of years ago I had a hooded merganser female nest in my wood duck box. Loves me some mergansers.

38. awww, so many little duckie feets.

39. Seeing this pic made me quack up! =)

40. OAK?

I was under the impression Meg was from SoCal…

Huh.

41. useta hada kitteh says:

R. Moore — I figgered that it was the Merganser Shuttle that was going to Oakland, and it made 5 stops along the way (as in, to pick up more baby mergansers).

These guys are so cute, but the one little merggie at the back better hurry up, or he’s gonna miss the bus. Er, shuttle. Er, mama.

42. Wheeee, piggyback!

Er … duckyback.

… loonyback.

I need to watch more Aminal Planet.

43. ALL A-BOID!!!

44. ‘Moooooom, Sally pecked me!’ ‘Did not!’ ‘Did too!’ ‘Mommy, I’m HUNGRY!’ ‘… DON’T MAKE ME TURN ME AROUND!!!’

45. Paula Nadine says:

What a great picture! Congrats!