I’m the size of your thumb

In Your Hands
  Originally uploaded by *roes*.

Yes, this is a small pic.
It’s half LIFE-SIZED!

Ahn.

Thanks for pointing her out, Damian V.

Comments

1. Awww SO CUTE!!

2. *dies over and over again*

OH EM GEE!!!!!!!

I am ded.

3. Awwwww…. a pip squeak. Whatzdat I hear???? Is it the tiniest mew ever?

4. *falls off the chair and cannot get up*

5. It’s a wee… Wait, what is it?
    Who gives a crap. It’s a wee cutie.

6. paulajeanne says:

Holy crap! Was this a premie? and did it survive?

7. From what it says in the flicker photobook it sounds like he little bugger was a runt and they didn’t think he would make it.

But here he is with his two brothers whom are twice his size. http://www.flickr.com/photos/brighteye/30962867/

8. Good God. Its head is resting on a THUMB. I’m just waiting for it to awaken, so I can see a thumbnail stretch.

9. Awwww…wow, what a cute little tiny kitt-*overload*

10. tiny,

eenie

weenie

itty-bitty

kitty …

I love you

and I keeeees you on my screen

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

11. It’s the new palm pusscat.
    All the really cool kids have them

12. I saw this picture, thought it was fairly cute, and wasn’t sure what it was. Then I read the comments, including the one that pointed out that the kitty’s head is resting on a thumb. Then I looked at the picture…compared to my own thumb…looked back again…and squealed out loud.

13. acelightning says:

Wow, a *lot* of Itty Bitty Kitties so far this week! (Not that that’s a BAD thing!) This has got to be the itty-bittiest of them all.
    *very gently pets tiny kitty’s little nose*

14. UKKIE! How cute he is with his brothers!!

15. a wittle runt of mei litter but i still can mewewewewe, i would love to snorgle that baby but i would be afraid i might hurt the little bebe kitteh

16. Wow. I also went to the site Yvie mentioned above. Absolutely stunning photographs of kittehs. Lots of marmelade ones too : ).

17. You all must go the picture Yvie linked. Go now! But make sure your life insurance is up to date, because the cute will KEEL you.

18. you guys r silly says:

eeeeeee!!!!
    It’s * TOM * THUMB * !!!
    &:o)

19. TanksMommy says:

Smothers the computer screen with kitteh kisses! I want to hear it MEW!

20. Karen in Toronto says:

Yvie – grape and marmalade are my new favourite flavours (blankie and kitties).

21. useta hada kitteh says:

Lookit the teensy teensy pointy tail! And the little bitty back paw!

**poit**

22. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

I was gonna think of some smart ass comments, but in the end only SQEEEEEEEE will do.

23. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Bugger i left off the U.

24. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Double bugger I didn’t capitalize the I.

25. Tineh, tineh, bbehbeh kitteh. Must…stop…brain…from…exploding…gnnnnnh

26. This stream has the best cat pictures! Such personality.

27. useta hada kitteh says:

Hey! That Flickrstream has that stack ‘o’ cats pic! That’s where they came from! They’re really real! (Those pics are awesome. And that’s a word I don’t use because it’s been so overused. But they are truly, in the original sense of the word, awesome.)

28. ThreeCatNight says:

Pocket Palm-sized kitteh; so precious and innocent.
    Good luck, little sweetheart. You’re in good hands (alright – I couldn’t resist!).

29. Oh God. What a perfect precious little kitten droplet.

30. wow! I saw this and I thought “Awwww…. but how could such a tiny little kitten make it?” so I went and checked out the flickr page and he’s now a year old (and presumably at least somewhat larger)! YAY! Happy ending!

31. Awwww, they just keep getting tinier and tinier!
    Beeebeeeeeesssss.

32. You have to stop. Have to. Stop.

All these li’l kits and mews the last several posts have me in tears constantly. My eyes are all red and puffy. And yet I keep coming back….

(Sighs and grabs another box of ultra soft kleenex)

Mewp!

33. My kitty was just a little bigger than that when I got her to handraise. I miss the wee kitties. She is still small compared to most kitties. One good snorgle and that kitten is gone…

34. My kitty was just a little bigger than that when I got her to handraise. I miss the wee kitties. She is still small compared to most kitties. One good snorgle and that kitten is gone…

35. Why, oh, why do people have to keep taking babeh kittehs away from their moms for these photo ops? Its so not fun for babeh or momma to have the Big Monkeys mess with the tinies.

Put him back! I sez!

36. working stiff says:

All of this linking to Flickr is really getting me down. Flickr is blocked at my work for being “personal file storage” (I guess they don’t want us storing office files for personal use somewhere) so the pictures are all blocked. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. Any chance flickr photos with open CC licenses could be stored off flickr for CO purposes?

37. all day long says:

O…M…G What an adorable marmie kitteh. I think I just snorgled myself. Is that legal?

38. Working Stiff — generally that’s not really do-able. But for this one pic, since it’s marked as “public” on its Flikr page…

39. Awww….he is SO teeny tiny! I’m SO glad this one has his Mommy & doesn’t have to be raised on those widdle bottles. I haven’t had a new litter of kittens in my house for 20 yrs. Of course the fact that all of my cats during that period of time have been males. I want some bebeh kittehs!

40. Aieee! I wish to love it now, gimmee!! My very own marmalade puddeh was this big when I first saw her…it’s 14 years later and she’s still my darling.

41. I am sorry bfl, that these pix make you cry – they do the opposite to me – the only reason I am not crying RIGHT NOW are all the kitties on this site

42. There’s totally a sweet spot for kittens, and I think it’s between 2 weeks and 8 weeks of age. Younger, they’re just too small and alien-y, and older, well, they’re cats.

Perhaps this is simply too matter-of-fact an opinion for the sweeter-than-strawberry-jello collective sentiment of those who post on this site, but I have a feeling there are some people out there who agree.

They’re probably just looking at Fark right now is all.

43. GAH! teeny little brand new kitteh!
    Please put him/her in my pocket!

44. I had a little kitty like this once. It’s not for a photo op, sometimes moms (especially if they’re new moms) don’t know what to do with their babies and abandon them. I found mine her first day after being born, with her little umbilical cord still attached.

45. Little lovey………wee kitty-la! Kisses to the little one!

46. I a writer who writes a lot about language, and I’m interested in Roes’ use of the word “ahn.” Can anyone tell me the difference(s) between that and “awww.” Thanks–Ben Yagoda