Orange eyes, tufted ears—wot a combo

I’m a ring-tailed lemur,
I’m such a schemer,
I’ll ride on yer back
When it’s time to chillax

Orange_eyeballs_ear_tufts

OK, bebeh lemur fur hands are TOO MOISHE Ceci W.

Comments

1. AuntieMame says:

Does this count as a yeem?

2. The little one looks like “I will eat your souuulll”

Still cute, though!

3. The little one’s sayin': “Are SURE it was decaf?”

4. Helps if I’d switch to decaf.

I meant “Are you SURE it was decaf?”

5. Isn’t that the guy that tried out for American Idol a couple weeks ago?

Nah, this little fella is much cuter! :-)

6. SeaBreeze says:

….

(at a complete loss for words)

….

(head esplodes from the super-duper cuteness)

7. Hard to believe humans evolved from these li’l critters, isn’t it?

8. Look at those behbeh’s eyebahs! OH. MY.GOODNESS. Dems some SERIOUS peepers.

9. All three extended versions, straight through.
    Man, it’s the only way to see it.

10. I hate to be the one to break the tragic news, but those aren’t ring-tailed lemurs. :O

Nonetheless, they are adorable.

11. I think wittle lemur-dude is just spazzing over some special brownies he had.

They grow some funky stuff in the jungles man.

Big lemur-dude is all yeah man…you get used to it. It’s all mellow.

Little lemur-dude its all omgthatwasamazinggivememorenowoosomethingshiny!

…or something like that.

12. LEEEEE-MERRRRR! bouncebounce. My favourite animal!

13. “Hey mom! Guess what? Guess what? Guess what? Guess what?”

“What?”

“I can do THIS with my eyes! Look! Look! You’re not looking! Mom!”

14. Bunny?:)

15. Rule Seven RULES!

16. ohmyohdeer says:

aww i wanna cuddle them!

17. Yes, Cindy. Simon Cowell tewtally called it. :)

18. Ever notice that baby animals have round eyes, and adults have oval eyes? I guess we adults have been there and seen that, and for the kids, it’s all still amazing.

And they are ringtailed lemurs. If you think not, show your evidence to this mammalogist.

19. I am TEWTALLY in love wiff Lemurs!! And they come in all different varieties, even itty bitty widdo ones. The baby is SO prosh! The liddo handsies!! The killer eyes! He’s tewtally posing. Would that pose be a “baroo?” pose? Discuss

20. Lemur, lemuroidal fluffmeisters…. don’t care what you call ‘em… I’m in love!

21. Margaret – LOL! Sure can tell you’re a Mom. True, so true.

ANd…Google returned this when asked about ring tailed Lemurs: http://images.google.com/images?q=ring+tailed+lemurs&hl=en&sa=X&oi=images&ct=title

22. Hey..isn’t the second pic, top row of my Google link THIS PICTURE??? Hmmm???

23. More lemur fun at http://xeko.com/xekopedia/ (Psst…. my son designed this site) :-D Ok…I’ll shut up now

24. Oooh I love how mama’s looking off into the distance and how bebeh’s all “Baroo?”

25. Ya know, a lemur going baroo is really strange.

Not that bebeh isn’t doing just that.

It’s just odd.

26. Martha in Washington says:

WOW mc2!! I’ll have to spend some time on your site. Is your son one of those obnoxious computer genius types? (Obnoxious to those of us who can barely log onto the internet.)

I heard somewhere that John Cleese is a BIG fan of lemurs and someone discovered a new species of lemur several years ago and named it after Mr. Cleese. Wouldn’t that be cool?!

27. They are sooooooo darling. I just want to give them cuddles!

28. Martha in Washington says:

mc2- because I am just this side of being computer illiterate, I can’t seem to find the place to leave you a message on your VOX site. But heck yeah, any reason to surround myself with other peeps who understand about Teh QTE! I’m on the other side of the water btw, Silverdale to be exact.

29. It looks like some kind of little Brian Froud puppet! :D

30. -Woohoo, mc2!
    Your son’s site is the best! :)

31. those eyes tell so much…wow! beautiful.

32. Looook eento my eyes…your eyes are getting heavier & heavier. At the count of 3 you will get me a banana…

33. Everything you ever wanted to know about lemurs but were afraid to ask because people might look at you funny: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/lemur-faq/

34. lemurs! lemurs! lemurs! yay!

35. so, even though it’s not a ringtail lemur, is it still permissible to break out into “I Like to Move It”?

36. Back for some more cute. We’re gonna get cute overload today, I can tell

37. *dead* the ear-fuzzed has killed me completely dead.. awwh

38. Bebe lemur ish all ;;

Oooshh SHHINNY!!

hah eet ish POSSESED!!

But ish still cutified..lolzz

39. Baby looks slightly insane!!!

I love it :D

40. The baby’s all, “Are you talking to me?”

41. Bebeh Lemmy says, “Whoa, dude, your eyes are all freaky and blue with the white stuff around them. That is hard-core, man. Are those contacts?”

Oh, and Rule #7?
    Best. rule. evaaaar.

42. Pika Hikari KT says:

Baby lemur: Eat your heart out, Zoboo.>:D

Mommy lemur: …Ignore the breaking of the fourth wall and you’ll be fine…^^;

43. Dustbunny says:

Don’t look the baby lemur in the eye!! Noooo…too late! I’m hypnotized…I am your slave, my lemur overlord…can I get you a banana? A slug? What *do* lemurs eat anyway?

44. didn’t I see these guys on american idol?

45. Tammie from Nebraska says:

Stare into the babies eyes and you’ll be hypnotized!

46. Lemurs rock. How can you resist those eyes? And yes, John Cleese is very big into saving the lemurs. The Bemaraha Woolly Lemur (Avahi cleesei), also known as Cleese’s Woolly Lemur, is a species of woolly lemur native to western Madagascar, named after John Cleese. He’s a member of the Madagascar Fauna Group, too. http://www.savethelemur.org

47. My little nephew calls these “Move it Move its”
    I think he’s seen Madagascar once too much :)

48. Bebe just read through the whooole thread on the hedgie.

He’s staying ON TOP of mom for the picture.

49. anonymous says:

they are very creepy. O.O

50. Martha in Washington says:

keiti (is that pronounced katie?) thank you so much for the info. Since no one else had commented on that I was beginning to wonder if I’d made it up.

51. Bucky Spalding says:

FINALLY LEMURS!!!!
    LEMURS will ROOL the Wrld
    Lemurs are the most gorgeous creatures and have a matriarchal society. Boy Lemurs must bring ze wonderful gifts to Miss Lemur for amour to ensue.
    LEMURS at Duke University Primate Center.
    Folks–we are evolving INTO LEMURS!! Get ready for the Lemurultion!!!

can you tell i’m Lemur Freak?

52. yay! can we have a mouse lemur soon, too?

53. Bucky Spalding/Lemur Freak – Or, as King Julian says, “Fweak.” That’s from Madagascar, (“Aliens!” “They’re just a bunch of pansies.” “Look, I have a new crown. With a gecko on it!”) which I probably don’t need to tell you since you are the Lemur Freak.
    Anyway, is it true Lemurs kept at zoos don’t need to be caged? Something about they are so territorial they wont bound away off? I had the joy of feeding lemurs bananas at the Belfast Zoo and the handlers explained why they weren’t caged. The zoo must keep the right ratio of males to females? It was great to see them ‘free’. I can’t remember the whole explanation. The lemur on my shoulder and the mama with her baby were so distracting.
    Bring on Lemur Wrld.

54. My prosimian peeps getting the Cute Overload atten-shun they deserve! Yay!

55. Bucky Spalding — don’t forget this old post…

56. can the head tilt be a new rule of cuteness??