Key-ronche

He aiiiin’t heeeeeeeeeaaaaveeeeey!

He’s my turtuuuulll

Kronsche-kronsche—mmmm, delicious—dried leaves? (I think someone could use some Ranch dressing! [singsong]

Turtullll

C.O.X.C.U.: [Cute Overload Extreme Close Up]

Keyronsche

Lickety, Emi I.!

Comments

1. my turtle friend….i miss ya soooo much!

2. Gahhh, I love turtles, and this one seems so personable!! Doesn’t the roundness of her shell seem like an open invitation to cuddle?!

And I agree, she ought to be eating something more palatable than dried leaves.

3. Nature’s Roomba:

put enough of these out in your yard and you’ll never have to rake leaves again

4. Space Cowgirl says:

Turtle Tongue!

5. Woods Walker says:

Turtles areoneof the few reptiles that I consider cute -Woods Walker

6. ka9q's wife says:

ewwwwww Ranch. I vote we give the Turtle some lovely spring with sugared pecans and a strawberry vinegrette dressing.

Followed by a fruit compote.

7. ka9q's wife says:

Followed by a fruit compote.

8. ka9q's wife says:

Followed by a fruit compote.

9. ka9q's wife says:

Followed by a fruit compote.

10. ka9q's wife says:

Followed by a fruit compote.

11. ka9q's wife says:

Followed by a fruit compote.

12. It’s like a slow motion version of kids jumping into a pile of leaves!

PS Does anyone else get those internet ads on local TV where the turtles are talking about how they like dial-up ’cause it’s slow?

13. acelightning says:

I’m not exactly sure I’d think of a large, prehistoric-looking turtle as “cute”. But it certainly has *presence*, and an earthy kind of dignity.

14. littlelizard says:

Ahem. That is not a turtle. Methinks it is a tortoise.

15. Vegetable Buffet Machine. Num -num.

16. Renee…. yes, we do here in Seattle. Silly commercials those are. And I don’t see any “cute” in testudines (a land-dwelling reptile of the order Testudines.) Sorry. Usually cute=soft & cuddly to me.

17. /threadjack
    For those of you curious about the tiger cub whose video we so enjoyed a few weeks ago, here are some updates:
    1-24-07: Cub continues to eat well and gaining weight; now at 11.9 pounds!

1-28-07: Dr. Kelly approved short visit outside in nursery yard. It was 55 degrees and sunny. Monitered her outside for 20 minutes. She explored cautiously, mostly stayed near me, but I think that was because she was hungry! She did not appear to get cold and her temperature was normal after her 3:00 p.m. bottle.
    /end threadjack

18. Grace and Mum Catherine says:

those ankle folds reminding me of a certain pooch in the rules of cutness. Tubtastic!

19. Grace and Mum Catherine says:

… and ain’t he a tortoise?

20. Definitely a tortoise. Which is good, because tortoises are much cuter than turtles.

21. Definitely a tortoise. Which is good, because tortoises are much cuter than turtles.

22. Definitely a tortoise. Which is good, because tortoises are much cuter than turtles.

23. Definitely a tortoise. Which is good, because tortoises are much cuter than turtles.

24. Definitely a tortoise. Which is good, because tortoises are much cuter than turtles.

25. Definitely a tortoise. Which is good, because tortoises are much cuter than turtles.

26. *singsong voice*

Caaank-kles!

27. missfaith says:

LOVE the close up…we’ve got an African Spurred Tortoise with the same cute little tongue…it’s pretty much the only thing cute and little on him!

28. Turtle tongue!!!

29. Baton Rouge says:

TORTOISE! TORTOISE! TORTOISE! Please pay attention people!

30. Beauregard says:

TORTOISE TONGUE!

31. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Turtle…Sheesh this Museli stuff is terrible, can’t I have Sugar Puffs?

32. MMMmmm… Good and good for you! High fiber, cruncky goodness.

33. What kind of dog is this?
    Is this a Cat in a Hat?

34. I LUV Turtles. :-)

35. You’re sad! Oh, dear!
    Well luckily for you, the Cat is here!!
    The cat in the hat in the hat!

36. Tortoises are cuter than turtles?

I beg to differ:

I have a soft spot for sea turtles after snorkeling with them in Hawaii.

37. “Testudines”! Best. Word. EVAR. Thanks, Musicchick! I’m using this today! Sounds vaguely naughty . . . heehee . . . .

And, yes, they look like cranky, greenish old men, but I don’t care! They’re still cute. I’d cuddle one for sure.

38. ‘Tis indeed a Toitoise, not a Toikle.

Veddy cute though. I’m guessing he’s digging for worms and bugs under those leaves.

39. /more threadjack

There’s also an updated video of the baby tiger.

/return to tortoise comments

40. Renee…The Slowskis(sp?)

Tortoise and/or turtle…fabulous, mysterious creatures!

41. Wheee, tortoy!!!

42. katherine says:

oh bleen, RKB, you beat me!

43. HES DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

44. hey, if I like my dry leaves I like my dry leaves, but on second thought can I get some fresh lettuce after this or fruit
    I love the eyes on a big torty they say so much ha munch

45. Hey Renee, I just saw the turtle commercial last night(North Tx), and thought it was great! Reminds me of my husband! I, too, love turtles! Had a pewter turtle on top of our wedding cake with a piece of my veil hotglued to her shell! (husband’s was a pewter bird dog with a Monopoly top hat glued on his head.) But I digress…great photo!

46. If round=cute becomes a new rule, then turtles and tortoises are automatically cute.

47. What a cute wittle turtoise mouf!

But do they usually eat dried leaves? Those leaves don’t look very appetizing.

48. I LURVE turtles. I like the way they move. So slow and methodical. Wish I could pet this cutie.

49. I love turtles- I got so angry when Fudge ate Peter’s turtle.

Also: Thanks for the update, musicchick!! The video is adorable! I mean, the tiger is adorable! (The video-er needs to pan back a bit more though.)

50. LOL Danni!!

51. i have looked online and see no reference to dried leaves as a healthy tortoise diet. I wonder what is going on here.

52. Kelly…It is common for a tortoise to eat leaves when other dietary preferences are scarce.

53. Well, I’ve also never seen references to shoes, books, blankets, duvets, human clothing, and other sundry household items as a healthy diet for rats or rabbits, but they seem to disagree.

For example, here is my late rat Skunky when he was an adolescent:

And here is Skunky as an old man:

These were taken while I was in grad school, by the way. I’m sure you can imagine how pleased I was when the rats all decided to decorate my books and notes.

Oh, ALSO, I don’t think wine is recommended as a great rat beverage, but Guapo here *hic* disagrees:

54. Jupiter Star says:

*snerk* The best part was that I was actually listening to that song when I saw this picture ^_^.;;

55. Yum-yum!

56. bcteagirl says:

Yay! More turtles!!! :)1

57. TanksMommy says:

Turtle tongue!!!! Ever watch a turtle eat a piece of squash? TOTAL CUTENESS!!!!

58. I wouldn’t mind Mr. Tortise coming to my yard and cleaning up my leaves. As for them moving slow, I beg to differ. I would often petsit a Russian Land Tortise and boy could he move. You would blink and he would be across the room.

59. Whoops I just realized I misspelled ‘Tortoise’ Forgive me all Reptile
    Lovers

60. pistache268 says:

Yay, The Hollies!

61. nahm, nahm, “. . . a nice MLT – mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe…”

62. They’re so perky. I love that.

63. I’m used to tortoiseshell kitty, but rarely see the actual tortoise. HRT sees no resemblance, of course. ;)

I saw one o’ these dewds eating fallen leaves at a zoo before. I guess they like ‘em.

64. http://www.turtlemania.com/photosapril.htm

The first one is a nice “Ehn!” applicant…

I want a torty now. :P

65. This one was also at a zoo. My grandma took me to Chiba Zoo in Japan last February, and I got this picture there.

I wish he were mine, but he’s a bit big…. ;)

66. Awwwww, Arvay! What a sweet little lush Guapo is!

Tortietort! Heem ees awesum!

67. Denise in Nebraska says:

Mr. cute Tortise/Turtle pants is super adorable, but someone please get him a gift certificate to Bath and Body works! Those legs need some serious moisturizing!! I hear Vanilla Sugar is a popular scent. Oh–and about the leaves—maybe there is a delicious bug in there, somewhere??? Kronsh. :^)

68. eeeeeeeeeeee tortoise face! This guy reminds me of the tortoise that lived at my last job (a museum) – he’s 84 and loves bananas, dandelion greens, strawberries, and tomatoes.

I miss Gus – perhaps I should send in a picture.

69. I have some great photos of a gopher tortoise having “lunch” at a park here in FL – I must have taken 50 shots before it looked at me like “Hey, can’t you see I’m eating here?”