OMGWTFPOLARBEAR

Yahoo and Reuters are reportin’ that Knut the polar bear has something to say. (Please check out his "wazzup Bitches" [snicker] paw pads pose below)

Baby_penguin_1

And, that tongue ain’t goin’ back in, People.

The gut? priceless.

Baby_penguin_2

Katt, this is a totally potent submishe…

Comments

1. That it IT. This is the LIMIT. I’m done. I don’t ever need to see another photo of anything or anyone. Ever. Do you hear me? This is now officially a true overload.

2. Potent, no kidding, peeps…I am on zee floor.

3. Please stop it – stop it now! I can’t take any more! I think I might be a bit hormonal :-(

4. I didn’t know they came in smalls.
    Hey, that means I have room for a pair.

5. Knut. His name is Knut.

That is all.

6. Done- While appreciating that sentiment, it implies that you are either a) not a true addict, or b) an addict in denial. The wonderful things about these (incredibly potent, yes) overloads, is that they can be overcome. You will come crawling back for more. It just happens. ;)

7. OMG…Mr. Winkle has found his match!

To be able to cuddle this baby for just a short time…Heaven!

8. So…would that be:

Bottle, size large – $22.00

Rubber Nipple, industrial strength, size large – $17.00

33% Fat Polar Bear Baby Formula – $59.00

The gut – Priceless

9. Fish Eye no Miko says:

He looks like he’s working out in that first pic… “And streeeetch, there ya go! And other leg, streeetch!”

10. BEAR MONDAY!!!

11. Can we have that commercial done by the Super Bowl next Sunday? AM EX needs this kind of exposure… Heck, we need it… baby bear belly awwwww.

12. MUST

BITE

THE

BELLY!!!!!!

Way, way, WAY too much baby bear cuteness to bear (ha ha) on a Monday!

Stop now. Just stop!

13. Why are the pictures named baby_penguin_1.jpg and baby_penguin_2.jpg?

14. Aw, little dood just needs a high five and a belly rub!

15. Sad: Knut’s mama rejected him and his twin brother died when he was four days old.

Happy: Knut’s keeper has been sleeping at the zoo so he can provide 24 hour care to the cute little baby!

16. Clone12 — good question. But it *IS* Monday, y’know.

17. so sad! i sent in this submishe as well, and so hoped to be mentioned. someone beat me to it! oh, sadface.

18. Ah lak eez belleh!

19. Why are the pictures named – oh. Right. Monday.

Adorabubble polar bear, though. (I think I saw this on Little Miao’s vox earlier.)

20. Uh… did anyone else save the photos, and have cognitive dissonance over the file names?

21. Right now, late January, wild bears give birth and the cubs weigh half a pound. D’awww.

22. Arvay — scrollup. (Yup.)

23. Oh my GOSH! How incredibly cute is that. Looks like it could be Tai Shans distant cousin.

24. Imagine: Knut’s keeper is one day going to have a gigantic wild animal _bonded_ to him.

Sigh . . . .

25. Karen in Toronto says:

How d’ya make a hormone?

Not picking on any one of you in particular, OK?

Show her a bunch of over-the-top panda pics.

“‘Tock-‘Tock” indeed.

26. Is there a cute rule for fat bloated baby belly? -How all baby animals have bloated bellies covered in angel hair fur? THAT is the best!

27. What a (tiny) godless (but adorable) killing machine.

28. Juniper Jupiter says:

I call dibs blowin’ razzberries on his widdle belly!!!!SQUEEEEE!!!!!!

29. And I fogot to add – when you pat thier belly it makes a hollow drum sound?!

30. “cognitive dissonance”–LOL.

Dear mssr. baby polar bear pants, I have an unbearable desire to give you raspbearies all over your bearlicious belleh. Please advise of an agreeable to date for said exchange of services. Signed, ursinely addicted

31. you guys r silly says:

and he’s concentrating SO hard that his widdle tongue is just stickin’ out there…
    *ehn*!

32. juniper jupiter,

great minds….

33. you guys r silly says:

jenn: would you and your polar bear babbeh please pencil MY raspbearies/belleh appointment in to immediately follow your’s?
    Thank you.

34. http://www.squidgrid.com/cute/Glossary.htm#Furbert
    …there ya go. Mind the claws.

35. But wait folks!! There’s more – Spiegel online has an enormous photo gallery of baby from eensy teenyness to now. You can get to it from my animal news blog:
    http://www.animalphiles.com where you’ll also find some pertinent details (ie. teefies)

36. So the zoo names the momma-panda after an egomaniacal suicidal opera singer and then it turns out she’s not good at the mom-thing. Hmmm . . .

37. Knut is beyond cute!

38. OMG!! It’s soooooo adorable!! The baby polar bear lookd like a stuffed animal!

39. I sent this one in too, but I was beaten by swifter cuteologists…

I am experiencing Knut Overload!

40. KNUT! That is all. I am DONE.

41. Yeah, the keeper better enjoy him now…cos later on Knut will EAT him between two slices of toast! How can such a cuddle muffin turn into a gigantic hunter?? Because we embarrass him at a formative age by giving him zurbits. :D

42. First the baby panda, and now this?? This is redonk. True Cute OVERLOAD. The paws! The tongue! It’s too much!!

I want to bagpipe his tummy.

43. I love it! A sweet, sweet
    BEAR BELLY!

44. thats alot of toes.

45. Wow. It’s a roly-poly polar bear.

Or is it a roly-polar poly bear…

Or…

Nevermind. Cute!

46. Maybe little Knut is hoping you will do something to make sure he and his cousins do not disappear forever because of global warming. Go to this site and sign the petition to save the polar bear.

47. ppppbthhhppppfftttt…

o, sorry. didn’t know there were dibs on the belleh razzies.

:::gets back in line:::

48. ssnowangel says:

So the theme of the day is

Grin and Bear it?

49. I want to scratch that belly!

50. Done – “This is the LIMIT”.. omg….LMAO! This is one of those Mid-Western-isms I think, ’cause my Grandma and my Mom used to say this FREQUENTLY (They were originally from St. Louis, Missouri). And you’re right, this IS the LIMIT!!! :-D

51. Wow, so adorable…:) But, while “Wazzup” is cute, “Wazzup Bitches” is not meant for this venue. It sounds and looks ugly.

52. China's Mom says:

OK, between the panda babies and Knut – my ability to concentrate has been completely shot!
    All I want to do is look at the babies all day – this will not make my boss happy!

53. China's Mom says:

54. China's Mom says:

55. China's Mom says:

56. China's Mom says:

57. China's Mom says:

58. Peggy — you might prefer:

…but FYI, we make no more apology for PG-13 language here than prime-time TV does.

59. There’s an old joke in Britain that goes along the lines of “why do polar bears not eat penguins?” Answer? “Cuz the can’t get wrappers off!”… booom….tschhhhh…. But to get the full hilarity from this jest.. you have to have the knowledge that “Penguins” are also chocolate coated biscuits made by McVities (do a search)….. I feel this may help explain why the pictures were names “penguin 1&2jpg! This little adroit fluffmeister got the wrappers off and ate them……

must
    lie

downnnn

60. Beautiful Drunk says:

I hadn’t realized until now how empty I had been inside. Polar bear, you complete me.

61. B. Drunk — now that’s a blast from the past:

62. Wow. I’m flabbergasted, floored and amazed. Do you realize it took around 50 posts before someone took issue with the ‘wazzup’ commentary? That usually pops up WAY earlier.

Oh, and the bear *poit*

Sigh. I’ll go up north with an ice maker just to keep these guys safe.

It’s good to be back with the peeps, yo.

63. [carefully & deliberately spoons puddin' into AmyH's left ear]

64. Oh… mah… gawd…

BEBEH BEAR BELLEH

Sccchhhhhhhnoooooorgle!!!!

gah, the cuteness, it overwhelms

65. Too cute!

66. AmyH is back! Okay, fine, just ’cause she’s been gone, she can have the first huff off the bebeh bear. K-nut. Must say with an audible K.

67. Aww, my submishe! He was too cute to go unposted. Oh, and to answer the “Penguin” filename question… I didn’t even think about it, but due to a kiddie misunderstanding in my house polar bears are referred to as penguins.

That being said, I make noises only dogs and dolphins can hear when I look at the belleh.

68. You are killing me with the cute bear cubs today! I’m dying, and I’m lovin’ it!

69. yay! I saw this cutie on reuter’s last week and was a-hopin’ someone would nominate him. hands down (or paws up) bears make the most adorable baby animals on the planet (along with otters).

70. [digs puddin out of ear, steps back from extended babeh bear belly buzz]

NOW I feel like I’m really back from vacay. No puddins’ in ‘Nam and most kitties I saw were in the Sad or Sadder category. Many healthy non-dinner-destined doggies running around, though.

And I LOF water buffalos. Must have one.

71. this is way off topic, but I went to the Atlanta zoo and I took a picture of Yang-Yang, the male panda, posing with a log in the exact same pose Mei Lan was shown in here recently.
    Yang-Yang:

Mei-Lan:

I thought it was so cute that I just had to share!

72. Man oh man Meg youse got it all wrong. He’s not sayin what’s up. He’s like, hey you! Yeah the big ugly guy with his mitts on my paws. QUIT TICKLING ME!!!!!!! That’s it you’re tewtally asking for a betch slap.

73. Katherine — ha! Must be a panda thing.

74. My mom usta take pics of my yorkie in the same position as the last pic. Priceless. I want dibs on the tummy toooo! I think I’m like 5th in line. The anticipation might kill me.

75. I think it might even be the exact same log! Or it could be hereditary — Yang Yang is Mei Lan’s daddy!

76. Lol Theo I think the Nuffinhams should try this one on for size :http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/kitty-spa.html

77. Susie — even *I* would Nuff that one. Thoroughly.

78. Theo,

Of course! I meant to put CO in perspective for the trolls.

79. OK, I think I get you. (Be my guest.)

80. TanksMommy says:

Too much cuteness for me to handle! That fat belly..OH MY GOD I want to bite it! And that little pink tongue…I cant stand it!

81. Susie,
    When it said Cat Spa had vision of Catnip cocktails while be stroked by trained humans (other than the usual staff). That was an instrument of torture old poorly cats would die in that monstrosity

82. Do a little dance!
    Little polar bear!
    Get down tonight!
    Yeah
    Get down tonight!

83. not only is the polar xtra-cute, i believe it also has xtra-toes! I’m countin’ five claws, plus a “dew claw” (black dot up in the palm), so that makes 6!

84. I worked with a guy called Knut Knutsen – no kidding. He wasn’t nearly as cute as this little dude.

85. Arrrrgh!… Too much! TOO MUCH! *taps the mat*

I wanna polar bear now.

86. Dewi,

I was horrified too, I’m hoping it’s a joke and they don’t actually use it in a pet store as the vid says. I much prefer a kitty spa with catnip cocktails

87. sarah beth says:

Knut, or Cnut, (or Canut…) was the king of England in the beginning of the 11th century. He married the wife of the previous King, Emma, and they had a son, Harthacnut. Shortly after his reign, England was conquered by the French.

That…pertained to nothing.
    Happy English history!

88. Actually, it looks like little Knute is having a private Pilates session. His abs are going to be fierce in no time!!

89. oaklandcat says:

kittyspa….more like kitty buchenwald :(
    poor lil kitteh. We should stage an intervention!

90. So this is what I get on my B-Day, bears, bears and more BEARS! Ok….they be cute and all…gosh darn it!

91. Am I alone in wanting to smother that belly with keeses?

92. Evangeline's Staff in WI says:

OOOh yes! I got to rub on OUR bebeh poliar b’ars some years ago (Nanuk & Norton) and they were soft and fuzzy — but they gain 5 lbs a day, and my predecessor had it right – they grow into slick mean killing machines (but OH I’m in line for that belly snorgle on King Knut!) (and sign that petition, Knut’s kinfolk are in danger)

93. Evangeline's Staff in WI says:

94. Evangeline's Staff in WI says:

95. Evangeline's Staff in WI says:

96. Evangeline's Staff in WI says:

97. Evangeline's Staff in WI says:

98. sarah beth,

thanks – I loves me my English history.

no more comments today – Aubrey has had back spasms since yesterday morning. must rest.

ow.

99. This bear is sooooo cute. I think there are enough panda pics to have thier own category.

100. AliceTanzer says:

AJ – this isnt a panda? ^^;

101. chet's momma says:

Aubrey-oh noes! back spasms are the worst! get well soon.

Teho, I want puddins in mah ear!

102. chet's momma says:

Aubrey-oh noes! back spasms are the worst! get well soon.

Teho, I want puddins in mah ear!

103. chet's momma says:

Aubrey-oh noes! back spasms are the worst! get well soon.

Teho, I want puddins in mah ear!

104. chet's momma says:

Aubrey-oh noes! back spasms are the worst! get well soon.

Teho, I want puddins in mah ear!

105. chet's momma says:

Aubrey-oh noes! back spasms are the worst! get well soon.

Teho, I want puddins in mah ear!

106. chet's momma says:

Aubrey-oh noes! back spasms are the worst! get well soon.

Teho, I want puddins in mah ear!

107. I LOVE polar bears! Even the Coca Cola bears from the commercials that other people seem to find creepy.

108. Teughcats says:

Aubrey – do you need a warm puddin’ compress to gently place on your spasming back? Peeps can provide!

109. Squeeeeeee!!

cute little polar bear, I’m glad he got on CO, he’s the cutest I’ve ever seen.

110. omg i want him!!!!

111. I actually just squealed over this photo!!! TOO CUTE!! xoxoxo Mary

112. Tracy Flick says:

Coca Cola just called. They want to know if you’re SAG.

113. Another Angela says:

it’s a baby snowman!

114. OMG! I want to cuddle it!!

115. Forget human babies! I want to give birth to one of these cuties!

116. AuntieMame says:

Juniper: Ow! :)

Evangeline’s Staff in WI: I’m guess Evangeline is of the feline variety?

Lil Knut Bear’s gut is too funny. And his little tongue!

117. acelightning says:

Audrey – instead of a heating pad, you need a warm, fuzzy warm-fuzzy-animal-of-your-choice applied to your hurtin’ back…

118. *head implodes*

OMG CUTE WIDDLE BEAR BABY i wanna take care of him pleeeeeeeease (and when he’s grown, he can have the couch)

SWEETIE PIE!

119. Am very fascinated by all of you who adores the name Knut (it’s normal over here…) :)

Saw this on the news this morning and thougt I’d share:

120. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

and remember folks:-
    FUZY WUZY WAS A BEAR
    FUZY WUZY HAD NO HAIR
    SO FUZY WUZY WASN’T FUZY
    WOZY

121. I’m a big, burly, shaven headed angry man.

And I just squealed like a little girl.

Thanks Cute Overload.

122. Oh my gosh he’s waving at me. I feel more special because of that little paw.

123. Second pic makes the podar look like he’s dancin’ and havin’ a good time, but trying to remember the steps (with the concentration-tongue-pokin’-out)

Yes, I called him a podar. I’ve called them that since I was young. So neener. :)

124. The issue is not whether “bitches” is PG-13 or not, it is that it is a revolting way to address people.

125. i’m just offended by the exclusion of the hoes.

won’t somebody please think of da hoes???

126. Anner — your wish is my command.

127. thanks! ok, for my next wish, i wish my landlord would let me keep baby polar bears. but only ones that use vulgar language.

128. Only the genie of the *lamp* has that kind of power, my child…

129. Okay, I hardly comment on here, but animal rights group are trying to force the zoo to kill this bear b/c he was rejected by his mother. Can we do anything?? Does anyone have any ideas??
    Here’s a small article (link below):

ANIMAL rights activists have launched a legal bid to force a zoo to put down a baby Polar bear rejected by his mother. Knut, above, proved a star attraction during his first public appearance at Berlin Zoo yesterday. But campaigners say it goes against animal rights laws – and the laws of nature – to raise him by hand. Activist Frank Albrecht said: “The only humane option is for this bear to be put to sleep.”

Leipzig Zoo were made to kill a Sloth bear for the same reason last month.

Maybe they’ve resolved the issue…does anyone know??
    :( :( :(

130. Jessaminute says:

brain freezing, heart melting…i think i have reached a state of enlightenment.
    seriously? the tongue AND the belly AND the paw pads.
    virtual hug to tiny tum.

131. Best. Title. Ever.

132. Rich Fader says:

Yeah, Knut is pretty knut, you know. [/Tim Curry] As you’ll see on the link tierpfleger posted, you might not even have got the best shots of him.

And if you think Knut’s a sweetheart, check THIS out…

A jaguar at the Rostock zoo, on the Baltic Sea north of Berlin, had three cubs, one spotted and two black ones. Enjoy.

133. Rich Fader — schweet link — but how bizarre is this?
    …BAPTIZING the jaguar cubs

134. Theo,

I believe that is called Europe. I mean they do have souls after all and we wouldn’t them to go to hell. (being somewhat sarcastic)

(Not that I am against Europe, just a tad to liberal for my taste. Oops, that did it. Better run and duck for cover.)

135. I don’t really think of baptism as “liberal”… all I’m saying is, even with all the weird stuff I’ve seen done with animals (circuses, pampered pets, movies, etc.) baptizing jaguar cubs is something that never would’ve occurred to me.

And wait a minute — what if they were *Jewish* jaguars?

136. does anyone know if they still plan on killing this polar bear cub?

(see my post above)

is there anything that can be done?

137. Knut, or Cnut, (or Canut…) was the king of England in the beginning of the 11th century.
    ———–
    I like Cnut. Makes him sound all gangsta and stuff. Whaddup C-Nut. He is of course killing me with his cute.

138. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Theo,
    I hadn’t bothered to read the schpiel that went with the picture, I just thought ‘even the food bowl is jaguar coordinated’ (note stripe round top of bowl).
    Hon Glad

139. Is that guy tickling the baby polar bear-let’s toes??? KEEWWWWT!

140. Theo…if the Jaguar cubs were Jewish, the only one who’d REALLY be bummed would be Keme, the male. If I were a Jewish male (insert species), I’d be running! And why do they call a bris a party?? http://www.torahview.com/bris/html/the_bris.html
    Yikes!

141. Stina, I googled around, and while I have no way of knowing for sure, it doesn’t sound like they are planning on killing this bebeh.
    judging from this article, they’ve lavished a lot of care on him and are really happy with him, so I don’t see why they’d put him down. http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,461624,00.html
    Then again, I don’t get why they put the Leipzig sloth bear down, so who knows, but I wouldn’t worry about it. I guess you can probably contact the zoo though to put your mind at ease.

142. How does this happen?? A prosh bebbe polar bear named Knut and yet no one has mentioned

a) legendary polar explorer Knut (Knud) Rasmussen
    b) the EARS, people! The teeny-tiny thick velvety absolutely keeling me polar bear ears! Ay!

143. Stina – if you find out any more, i’d be interested to know.

seems a strange animal rights tack, doesn’t it? i guess it’s sort of in the spirit of not “interfering.” but if this bear was rejected by it’s mother in the wild, it would freeze or starve to death, and surely that’s not what they’re proposing to do to it.

seems to me if humans are going to interfere at all – i.e., *have zoos* – the best thing to do is follow through and give the animal a good-quality life, even if that life can’t be the kind nature intended. and especially since this little guy seems contentedly imprinted on his caretaker, ending his life seems really senseless.

let’s hope this story has a happy ending!

144. katherine says:

I went and googled the Leipzig sloth bear too (because work is not interesting today), and I couldn’t find much info on thie situation, but I think he was put down because he was rejected by his mother, and not because of insistence from animal rights groups. In fact, one animal right group spoke out against it. Either way, I really don’t think Knut is in danger!

145. Okay – well hopefully nothing will happen to this little tot. Thanks for looking around guys. I couldn’t find much about it either except for that one article. (I first found out because one of my friends in the UK said she saw something about it on the news.) I’ll post again if I happen to hear anything else about it. Thanks!!

146. There should be another rule added to the list.

Rule #31: Any small creature with its tongue hanging out is cute.

147. Ok, it’s nearly 11 pm in Norway. I’m just off to bed, and haven’t read the other hundredandmany comments.

So I’ve no idea if this has been commented on before, but here goes:

I just love that you’ve named the pictures “Baby penguin 1 & 2″. Love it, I tell you!

And get a liiittle bit unsure about the biology lessons I’ve received during my youth. So that’s a penguin, that furball right there on the pic. OMG, I believe THEY HUSHED IT UP!

And now: Me and my paranoia off to bed.

148. I read today where animal rights activist Frank Albrecht wanted the bear killed. Haven’t we done enough to endanger the lives of the polar bear. God help us all if we can and we don’t help all living creature. God made animals before he made man. Frank does not want us to wear fur, but he would KILL a creature for NO good reason. Whats the differance. I hope he lives a long wonderful life, I hope he teaches us many lessons, and I do hope he has lots and lots of offspring to place back into the wild. With a face like that, he will.

149. Martha in Washington says:

Patty-I saw that too. I can’t believe that man calls himself an “animal rights activist”! What an absolute idiot!!

Live Long and Prosper, Lil’ Dewd!!!

150. dani duran says:

THIS IS THE MOST ADORABLE BABY!
    KEEP HIM HAPPY AND WELL!
    RAISE HIM WITH LOVE AND KINDNESS AND HE WILL BRING YOU BACK 100 TIMES THE HAPPINESS!