I’M ON UR OVEN…

…TOASTIN’ MY ‘TOCKZ

Toastingmytocs

Ah. Sometimes, these things just write themselves. (Thanks Sender-Inner "little gator" and tock-toaster "The Empress Lydia"

Comments

1. i am in ur kitchen, washin ur dishes! ;-)

–TwoDragons

2. useta hada kitteh says:

Watch that tailio, Cat-Cat!

3. Oh and Teho…BLEEN!

*runs away really fast*

–TwoDragons

4. Well when there’s a cold wave, a cat knows what he needs.

5. Usually, though, Lauo, a *lap* is enough.

6. Maybe for *some* cats a lap is enough, but my California kittehs anything below 50 degrees means either heating pad or a fire.
    The one cat leans against the fire screen — I think if it weren’t there he’d be right on top of the flames.
    Haven’t gotten them actually in the oven yet, though.

7. Talk about some fresh, warm buns…

8. Cat-on-a-warm-tin-stove looks a little like my cat. Do you think he’s a Bengal?

9. misscrisp says:

Tocktacular.
    UR in my QTE
    Making me LAFF

10. equus, that ain’t any tiger! lol. i dunno what kind it is tho

11. chet's momma says:

bengal kitty! not tiger!

12. im on ur stove, sheddin in yr soup.

13. cat.on.a.hot... says:

Do you think it will ever get in the oven…

14. chunkstyle says:

LaurieC my thoughts exactly! Love this string of declarative pics. Onward Cuteoverload!!!

15. wOOt! Toastin’ my ‘tocks ‘n roastin’ my rearparts!

So funny!!!!

16. Zorbs! Oh noes!

17. My mutant cats love the snow. They go dashing out the pet door and don’t come in until they have an icy undercarriage, then they jump in your lap. COLD FEET!!

18. charlotte says:

i want to clean that oven

19. Me:”Careful kity you might get….”

Kitty:”MEYYYYARRGH!!!!”

Me:”Ooops!”

“_”

20. MamaDawn…..”icy undercarriage” …..Heeeee!!!

Rafael, Hahahahahaha!

21. After all the gingerbread discussions on the other photo threads, I had to make some today. The house smells wonderful. I hope my kids remember this (they’re not crazy about the gingerbread — more for me!) 2 snow days off and the smell of gingerbread and fresh bread.

22. Oh YUM, MamaDawn.
    Around here, the smell is cutout sugar cookies. I have a cookie exchange coming up!

*drool*

23. bunnajenny says:

Im on ur oven, disapproving of ur cleaning skills.

If only we could see the Empress’s face; she may be an admirable match for the Disapproving Bunneh.

24. musicchick2 says:

OK you guys…. You are totally making me drool with the sugar cookie/gingerbread discussion. DANG! Back when I was a new bride (in my 20’s…the olden days) I would bake up a STORM at Christmas. 3 different kinds of bread: banana, pumpkin, and zucchini. And then at least 3 or more kinds of cookies. Of course I gave away 90% of it. Where I’m living now I have as much counter space as little gator & Empress Lydia seem to have, so no more baking for me. At least until I move again. Darn… now I’m “jonesing” for zucchini bread. Thanks girls! *rolling eyes*

25. bunnajenny, I’m so with you on the lack of cleaning skills. Maybe that is what the kitteh is doing up there.

26. Aw man, you had to go and bring up gingerbread…*sigh*

I *WAS* gonna bake Snickerdoodles and maybe even Spritz cookies with my son–but he decided to act like a little twerp all day, and I was forced to say no fun homemade fresh-baked cookies for him. So all the house smells like is…house. :-/

Hopefully he’ll behave tomorrow, so we can flex our mad baking skillz and put the Keeblers to shame…

–TwoDragons

27. Peg of Tilling says:

Please kitty, please move your tail. It worries me.

Today I made chocolate pound cake, but for someone else, so all I got was the smell. Which is fine.

28. The kitty certainly has a very disaproving over the shoulder stare.

Kitty:”Hey, is not like you haven’t seen my tocks before? Cause we cats don’t wear pants, boots perhaps, but no pants!”

29. Im in ur threadz, watchin u post

30. im in ur threads
    watchin u post

31. Woops, sorry. My computer went poof and didn’t show up the first post.

32. acelightning says:

That’s a self-cleaning oven, and what looks like “dirt” near the cat’s tail is the soot that the self-cleaning cycle deposits around the oven door. Still, the top of a stove is no place for a kitty, and he definitely should *NOT* be dangling his tail in the open oven door!

(Off-topic… but why has CO just now started letting me post comments again? For almost a week now, nothing below the “Post A Comment” bar would load; I’d just keep getting the hourglass cursor, telling me it was *trying* to load something, but it never got there.)

33. Not to change the subject or anything, but hey – didja know that Birdchick is selling Disapproving Rabbit t-shirts for Christmas?

34. Cathryn Bauer says:

Cute picture, but I definitely do not want my cats up on the stove. There’s too much risk of injury if they do it when I have the burners on, so I’ve just made the stove a no-cat zone.

35. Martha in Washington says:

And speaking of cookies…I need to bake 11 dozen for a cookie exchange and need ideas for something different but EASY. Anybody have a suggestion?

36. poor violet says:

Martha, try these maple syrup cookies – I made them for a friend’s Canada Day potluck. They were really simple, and they went down a treat.

37. that really made me laugh this morning! nice one meg! love the word tocks too :0)

38. One Bengal Sizzler comin’ right up …

39. little gator says:

You like us! you really,, really like us!

After using the oven in cold weather, we always leave the door cracked so the leftove heat can warm the room. This is the firsttime she’s noticed in 5 years. The oven was safely cooled down to warm byt then.

Cleanitude: no comment.

Lydia is a mixed breed from a shelter. Her markings are called “spotted tabby.”

She was named after the song Lydia the Tatooed Lady because she has black tattooey-looking speckles on her white feet.

40. useta hada kitteh says:

Martha — I recommend Whipped Shortbread. Yum! (And this link is all Christmas cookies, all the time!)

Enjoy!

(P.S. I think the kitters wants some cookies. Now.)

41. Haha, about the “over the shoulder disapproving stare”.

Have you noticed how often cats look at us with their ears, too?

42. little gator says:

PS Lydia had a brown tabby littermate who looked just like a Maine Coon.

43. Yay little gator! Great picture!!!

44. Ok, teh tabby is charming (I have heard this pattern called herringbone). My Blonde GIrl has similar stripings, though she doesn’t have the non-tabby markings

I Want the Stove. It must be much better than the sorry pos I am forced to use.

45. bunnajenny says:

I find that my cat, George, disapproves of my cleaning skills no matter what I do. He even disapproves of our cleaning lady’s skills. I’ll clean something and either get the disapproving stare or he’ll busily clean-up (ie bury) after me. The only thing that he does approve of is clean laundry straight of out the dryer. When that’s offered to him, he gets the smug smile and the tucked feet of contentment.

46. ShelleyTambo says:

She looks a lot like my former foster, who was a mackerel/spotted tabby.

Martha in WA, I suggest these: http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/recipe51.rolocookies.html They’re not specifically Christmas, but they’re so good it doesn’t matter. Just try not to eat all the Rolos before the cookies are made.

47. I actually had a minor heartache on Thanksgiving when my 3 year old kitten decided to explore that very warm thing in the kitten while I had the turkey on top, basting. I’ve never yelled so loudly in my whole life! She was 3 paws in… at 450 Fahrenheit.

48. I actually had a minor heartattack on Thanksgiving when my 3 month old kitten decided to explore that very warm thing in the kitchen while I had the turkey on top, basting. I’ve never yelled so loudly in my whole life! She was 3 paws in… at 450 Fahrenheit.

49. i’m on ur range
    garnishng ur stew

50. Martha in Washington:
    “You know…that kittie’s tongue would make a very fine scrubbibg pad for that dirty oven…maybe just smear it with a little liver and let her go to work. (Making for certain that the oven was OFF.) The owner could hire her out! I’d rent her.”

Well, we’ve been using the cats as a “pre-wash cycle” on the plates and bowls (especially those that have held ice cream) for years now. That’s how they earn their keep ’round here.

51. True cat-cookie story.
    I was baking cookies one cold winter in…ahem, Florida. (Oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chip cookies, if you must know.) As the cookies came out of the oven, my doorbell rang. I left the cookie sheet, avec cookies on the oven top, and went to answer. ‘Twas a neighbor, whining mightily about another neighbor’s annoying what-notting.

A good fifteen minutes later, I returned to the kitchen to find Flanny curled up on the cookie sheet, ON the cookies.

Luckily, she’s hairless, so the cookies were still salvageable. Don’t look at me like that–you would have eaten them too. She’d even kept them warm.

52. little gator says:

charlotte-I’d love to have you clean my oven. Come on over.

53. Redzilla, what a great story. I totally would have eaten the cookies, too. And, um, BTW, do you still have the recipe?

54. Laurie C–I’ll e-mail it to you when I get home :o)
    Makes me hungry for some just thinking about it.

55. *****

new cat-egory: cats ‘n’ pots ???

Angel, the black witchy cat, warming herself by a simmering black pot of pea soup on the black ceramic cooktop in my kitchen;

and, she’s sticking out her tongue at me

*****

56. HRH she’s lovely! Tongue and all.

57. HRH–my glasstop range scares the pea-waddin out of me. I holler at them every time I catch them near it, yet they seem never to have burned themselves. Don’t know how they it’s too hot without touching it.

58. cats know it all, my friend;

except when they misjudge a move, end up looking silly, then instantly cover up their goof by pretending they ‘meant’ it to happen

59. Brak_Silverbone says:

I like how the kitty has tucked his/her tail into the oven proper.

60. my kitty likes to be on top of the refrigerator. Sometimes she leaps from there to whatever person is handy. Once, she missed and nearly landed face first into a boiling pot of water! I had a fit!

And she STILL tries to get on the stove when the burners are hot. There have been times when she’s been so persistent that I’ve had to shut her in a separate room until it cools down

61. Ewww. The kitteh is sitting on a very dirteh stove.

62. Martha in Washington says:

Thalia-that’s my dog’s job too and also left-over eater.

63. Martha in Washington says:

Thanks to the peeps who suggested cookie recipes. I’ll have to try them all and see which one I like best. And who will help me EAT the cookies…? ;)

64. your kittykats, Martha … who else ???

65. toborzgrrl says:

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it – and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again, and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.”
    — Mark Twain

66. What??? Where’s the StoveCat Stuffin’ you promised?

67. little gator says:

momcat-if I had a photo of that I’d have sent it to “stuffing on my cat.”

68. Martha in Washington says:

But HRH, I DON”T HAVE ANY KITTYKATS!!! And it makes me very sad! Maybe, if I’m a VERY good girl, Santa might bring me one…Please oh please oh please.

69. butteredtoast says:

i would love to do the same thing!!!

70. Aww, cats are such smart animals.

71. Martha, my heart bleeds for you, not having any kitties …

I adopted both of mine and if I lived in a place where more than 2 pets are allowed (I live in a townhouse complex) I’d have at least a dozen …

treat yourself to a couple of kitties for Christmas & your life will change, as will theirs, having a loving Mum …

mind you, they’ll take over & you’ll be their slave – but – it’ll be worth it …