Happy Thanksgiving! And now, A Thanksgiving Song

A Thanksgiving Song

Let’s sing it together, everyone.

Ready?

"I aaaate too moishe
Too moishe is what I ate
I ate too moishe
I ate too moishe
I ate too moishe
IIIIIIII aaaaaaaaate too mooooishe!"

Listen to the song here [156K]

Burrrp

Stomachs are dragging over at Teh CuteTracker… Now stop checking C.O. and go outside and play Thanksgiving Football with your family er something

Comments

1. Wow, that is one fat bird…

Happy Thanksgiving!

2. Thanksgiving, has just been made.

3. Now I have a picture to put on the place cards I am making! LOL Whoa that is funny!!

4. That bird is a dumpling. And dumplings are good with gravy.

5. That is the most darling little bird I’ve ever seen.

I want it T^T;;

6. After listening to that clip, I realized teh birdie must be Italian or something. ;)

7. Is anyone else reminded of the exploding bird from Shrek?

8. IT’s so round, I almost want to hit it with a racket or something! :)

9. How cute! But I wonder if the bird can actually fly!

10. SxualHrssmntPanda says:

haha,that song is great,did we finally hear our glorious cuteologist meg?

11. Here, little birdie, come and warm your feets in my macaroni.

12. That is the most darling little bird I’ve ever seen.

I want it T^T;;

13. i can just see it trying to fly away, and barely getting airborn. who’s singing there?

14. Is it pregnant

15. My dad the biologist sez: it’s all gas. Birds fluff up with air between their feathers to retain heat. It’s just really cold where that poor ‘lil guy is, not that he’s eaten a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

16. My dad the biologist sez: it’s all gas. Birds fluff up with air between their feathers to retain heat. It’s just really cold where that poor ‘lil guy is, not that he’s eaten a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

17. My dad the biologist sez: it’s all gas. Birds fluff up with air between their feathers to retain heat. It’s just really cold where that poor ‘lil guy is, not that he’s eaten a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

18. My dad the biologist sez: it’s all gas. Birds fluff up with air between their feathers to retain heat. It’s just really cold where that poor ‘lil guy is, not that he’s eaten a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

19. My dad the biologist sez: it’s all gas. Birds fluff up with air between their feathers to retain heat. It’s just really cold where that poor ‘lil guy is, not that he’s eaten a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

20. My dad the biologist sez: it’s all gas. Birds fluff up with air between their feathers to retain heat. It’s just really cold where that poor ‘lil guy is, not that he’s eaten a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving anyway!

21. (o,o)
    ____(_____)_____
    ________________\

that’s a birdie on a branch…a fat birdee

and thats a birdie flying…sad, i know

22. adorable song sounds very french/italian haha

23. ok, it won’t let me put the head above the body, so just imagine the top thing is centered. lol

24. pistache268 says:

Fat fat fat fat fat fat.

25. Stellar voice! :)

26. Brava!

27. karen in toronto says:

I’ll say it too — adorable song (tra la-la laahhh).

Here is an image of Dumpster(tm) kitten Handsome Stranger snoozing on Fiasco T. Peabrain. With twice-daily applications of antibiotic ointment his gummy eyes have cleared up beautifully.

28. Oh my gosh…it’s Mr. Creosote!

29. Karen, the link, she no work. I want to see the kitters!! (whine, grabby hands)

I plan on singing this song to my family later . . . . .

30. i LOVE LOVE LOVE fat birdies!

31. karen in toronto says:

hrh.squeak, I changed it to public — does it work now?

32. Wowee. This is definately not an unladen birdie – we won’t be computing its airspeed velocity anytime soon.

KarenInT: Yay! Snuggle Kittehs!

33. book_monstercats says:

I suspect it’s fluffed its feathers out, but even so….

34. Chubby boidie! Happy Thanksgiving, Meg! And happy Thanksgiving, peeps!!

35. i wonders if it can fly?

36. I hear a distinct Urban Cowgirl (Moo-girl?) twang in that there audio file – and who was making the piggy noises, Meg or Chief Sister Officer?

Either way, ’tis QTE.

But this sweet lil’ birdie is making me think “ortolan” – eep!!!

37. chet's momma says:

now i know how to pronounce “moishe,” which is good because it’s now MY THEMESONG!!!!!

38. chet's momma says:

39. chet's momma says:

40. chet's momma says:

41. chet's momma says:

42. chet's momma says:

43. Meg, you’re a genius. Happy too moishe day!

44. that song is wonderful. that bird is wonderful. owwww….i feel sick from food.

45. Jessica: I thought the same thing — “Do you want a meent? It is waahfer-theen.”

46. Hahahaha….IIIII aaaaaaate tooooo moishe…..!

Karen, your kitters look like my entire family after our meal. What a bunch of snoozed out hogs we were.

And the Lions lived up to our expectations. *eyeroll*

47. Golden-crowned kinglet! (see the patch of yellow on the head?) They’re cute, teeny little birdies, even smaller than chickadees.

48. That was Meg, allllllllllllll Meg!

49. I can’t decide which is cuter, the song or the bird. Let’s call it a tie!

50. wOOt, firefinch, I was just going to post “Is that a golden-crowned kinglet?” Luckily, I read the comments first! ;)

Moishe, moishe, mooooiiiiissshhheee….I aaaaaaate too moooisheee!

Meg, you are such a diva! ;)

51. Is this the coconut or the swallow… I bow down to anyone that gets that reference…

52. Heather S., I think it’s the coconut… they migrate at this time of year, see?
    MP rocks.

53. Golden Crowned Kinglet!
    Hee, couldn’t resist. Real ones are sooo teeny. I rescued its’ close cousin, a ruby crowned kinglet, once. I got to see the ruby crown.

Andrea – Do you think Meg’s singing will have the same effect as Fiona’s?! Naaahhh.

Heather S. – I, I’m trying, gimme a moment. Don’t tell the answer.

Aubrey – (off topic comment sorry) I am loving the word ‘delegate’ now.

54. Agh, of course Aubrey got it first.

55. Oops, “Andrea”, I apologize, I read your name wrong!

56. Nah, ’tis ok.
    I think he’ll live, he seems to be pretty stretchy (like a feathery stress ball).

57. GreenEyedHawk says:

This bird reminds me of a story.

Back in the days when I used to travel alot, I spent some time travelling around Europe and ultimately ended up where all people in their early 20s end up when backpackign around Europe: Amsterdam.

I stayed in a hostel with a small courtyard around the back of it. On the door out to the courtyard (where there were many pigeons) there was a sign that said “Do not feed the pigeon.”

My first thought was that it was just poor english that ‘pigeon’ was not pluralized, but then I opened the door and stepped outside.

I was confronted by many perfectly average-sized, average-looking, nothing-to-write-home-about pigeons, and one gargantuan pigeon-zilla that was easily almost triple the size of the others. Then the sign made more sense. Oh. Just don’t feed THAT pigeon. Gotcha.

58. “That was Meg, allllllllllllll Meg!”

Indeed, C.S.O.! I’m not surprised, but I *am* wondering if she snorted wine through her nose before or (perhaps) after she finished the song? ;-)

59. was that really you, Meg? you have a very nice voice!

60. GEH: hahaha thanx for the hilarious story!

61. Can’t believe the final 2 lines of the song weren’t recorded:

“And, yet, because it’s Thanksgiving
    I’m still going to each moishe more!”

62. Um, xsqueeze me! That song was oinchie cute, Meg! Tho Sthweet!

63. Martha in Washington says:

I get Golden-crowned kinglets in my yard every once in a while. They are soooo cute!

I played the “I ate too moishe” song for my 12 year old son and he was rolling on the floor laughing. And yeah, we ate too moishe, too.

64. Oh goodness, I just got back from my friend’s for dinner and I feel exactly like that little bird. Now my tummy hurts from giggling about Meg’s song! Too cute!

65. lurkertype says:

I am soooooooo glad I didn’t hear that till after I’d had several hours to digest, or it might have been messy! We aaaaaate too moishe as well.

Is there ANYTHING Meg can’t do, People?

66. lurkertype says:

Is there ANYTHING Meg can’t do, People?

67. hrh.squeak says:

GreenEyedHawk – heeeheeeheeeee, Pigeonzilla!!!

Ooooooh, I did, I did eat too moishe. But the soundfile crashes my stupid browser and I cannot hear the song . . . sadness unbearable .. . .

Karen in Toronto, it works now, thanks. What incredibly beautiful kitters!

68. The soundfile’s creating an error on my page, too; I can’t hear it, either. :((

69. happy thanksgiving to ya ol! :)

70. Heehee :D Reminds me of the little finches that come to the seed feeders in our garden.

One day we had a siskin eating and eating and eating, then he just fluffed up his feathers, leaned against the feeder and fell asleep. Spherical birdlets are irresistible…

71. couple of days ago I saw a gull stealing a herring from a sea eagle three times it size. what would have been a decent sized lunch for the eagle was too much to even hold up in its beak for the gull. so, it swallowed it. hole. one go, no hesitations. the gull was transformed from the normal sleek flying machine into something more resembling a bulging zeppelin, but unlike the hindenburg, it actually managed to fly away. I still feel sure it bent the laws of gravity and the space-time-continuum to pull that trick off.

72. LOL, Meg, that was brilliant! Nice voice.

Oh, look, PUFFERBOYD! (Or Fuguboyd, if you like.)

I’m such a diplomat. ;-)

73. I think he’s saying: “I’m not fat, dammit, I’m just big floooofed!”

74. Loved it!

75. The boird is just puffed up to keep warm, people, not fat. *rolls eyes*

And did no one noticed the curled claw action going on????

76. Denise in Nebraska says:

The pet parakeet I had when I was 12 would puff up like this, on a regular basis. I always thought it was “cute”….usually he would puff up, then appear to shake himself out of it. Then, he would preen his feathers. Birds are just the cutest animal there is. AND…they can FLY!! So cool, when you think about it. Post-Thanksgiving kisses to all the wee birds in America,

77. Anybody ever see “Snookles”, a really funny cartoon short about a little bird and a baby dragon? It’s a classic like Bambi Meets Godzilla. The sound’s not great on this link, but here it is:

78. What a lovely song! Perhaps Meg drank too moishe too?

79. Look – it’s foot is collapsing under its own birdy weight.

80. That was the greatest song ever. I’m about to go sing it in the shower.

Yeah, it’s 2 p.m. and I’m just now showering. I slept too moishe.

81. michellemybelle says:

I still feel like the little round boidie – and the song is stuck in my head! It’s a new Thanksgiving classic!

82. That cute little boydie is looking for ‘dessert’!

83. AuntieMame says:

This one was obviously doing more than just warming his feets in the macaronis. Looks like he’s warming the inside of his tummy with a few, too.

(And yes, we *know* he’s just floofed up. Allow a little leeway for creative interpretation, People!)

84. Very very cute little puffball.

Italian? French? Sounded Asian to me. But hey, what do I know?

85. I had a feeling that that’s what you would sound like. Without the French/Italian thing going on there but YOU KNOW.
    Doesn’t it look like that little birdy is trying to stand upright but keeps leaaanin’ back ’till THWOMP.
    Ehehehehehe. ^_^

86. A Nonny Mouse says:

AuntieMame – poking fun at obesity is seldom ‘creative’.

87. WAAHHHH!!! The sound still won’t play!

88. its looking up cause it cant look down
    but how coot!!

89. …..moishe……

90. BRA.VA.

I lourved the snoring remixxed into the background…

91. He is a perfect circle.

92. It was actually more fluff than fat ;). It could even fly away when touched.

93. That bird would do well in my two hands :) All warm and fuzzy and round! And funny story GreenEyedHawk^^^^^^ Up there. Hee hee.

94. AuntieMame says:

A Nonny Mouse

Oh please…

95. This should be the bonus track on the Bootcuts’ album.

96. :-(
    I clicked on the song link and it came up blank.
    :-(

97. Ceebs — again with the browser plugin issues. This one’s Quicktime (free from Apple).

98. And Meg? You so silly.

99. I LOVE THE SONG! hahaha. happy post thanksgiving!

100. Now I get it…. Its French…The Accent is French…..All the stuff I don’t understand here is in a French Accent.
    Great Voice on the Song too. Is that Meg?

101. Cute song. Cute voice. Missed the cute while I was away. Now. If I could just stop listening to the song over and over.

102. Samsuma — http://www.squidgrid.com/cute/Glossary.htm#OFA
    ;)

(Yep, that’s Meg all right.)

103. Um. Check out this blogger’s name. Not making this up.
    (btw I’m not making fun of him; sounds like a smart dude)

104. ka9q's wife says:

Moishe is (i believe) the hebrew version of Moses. I don’t think it sounds the same.
    On the other hand i can’t get that song out of my head and it’s monday already.

105. ka9q's wife says:

On the other hand i can’t get that song out of my head and it’s monday already.

106. ka9q's wife says:

On the other hand i can’t get that song out of my head and it’s monday already.

107. ka9q's wife says:

On the other hand i can’t get that song out of my head and it’s monday already.

108. ka9q's wife says:

On the other hand i can’t get that song out of my head and it’s monday already.

109. ka9q's wife says:

On the other hand i can’t get that song out of my head and it’s monday already.

110. NebraskaErin says:

Cutest. Song. EVER.

Can we say earworm?

111. Just because we CAN…

112. I LOVE DAT SONG. I’ve been singing it for days.
    My husband doesn’t like the song so much. Probably because I’ve been singing it for days.

113. That’s not a french accent, I have one and I don’t sound like that, I tought it sounded like a Japanese was singing…

LOL at the honk-shues in the song!!

114. Helene — it’s an OUTRAGEOUS Frawnsh Occent. Think “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”
    No offense intended to actual real people who speak with an actual real accent.

115. I suspect he’s cold rether than over-full, but that is definitely the roundest little birdie-morsel I’ve ever seen (except for a scopps miniature owl. That was just a fluffy baseball with eyes).

116. Moishe is Yiddish for Moses.

The Hebrew is Moshe

117. ka9q's wife says:

Thanks Puggy. I knew it was something like that.

118. ka9q's wife says:

Thanks Puggy. I knew it was something like that.

119. ka9q's wife says:

Thanks Puggy. I knew it was something like that.

120. ka9q's wife says:

Thanks Puggy. I knew it was something like that.

121. ka9q's wife says:

Thanks Puggy. I knew it was something like that.

122. ka9q's wife says:

Thanks Puggy. I knew it was something like that.

123. Noooo silly birdie!
    You’re supposed to LAY the egg… not keep it inside!
    ::shakes head::
    Silly birdies.

124. Well thats a cute bird. So chunky.

125. that is one FAT bird. dont you think?

126. Lilyanna says:

That birdie looks like a hot air balloon…..or…..
    that guy who won the eat-a-thon last year.
    Nevermind.