OMG, soooo typical of these two

Pup: "Dewd."
Kitteh:
[Annoyed] "What."

Pup: "Get up and get me a milk bone?"
Kitteh: "In yer dreams, Tiny." [Looks at camera, makes a 'she's crazy' motion with paw]

Pup: "Shut up, I’m not tiny"
Kitteh: "I have an idea, YOU shut up and get me a Pounce treat."

[Hours pass]

Kitteh: "Whatevs, I’ll get it."

Lazysunday

Muchas thanks to pets Trixie, Gracie, and sender-inner Trice D. ;)

Comments

1. i remember i ended up doing their favors with kyle.

2. Another Angela says:

Has anyone else ever been viciously ejected by a papasan chair? These animals are in danger!

3. That exchange totally sounds like something that would go on between my brother and I. I wonder… could the puppy and kitteh be related? :P

4. Positive Jube says:

Dang animals enjoying our stuff again (whilst we at work no doubt). Moochers.

5. musicchick2 says:

Sibling rivalry….tsk tsk tsk… Can’t we all just get along?

6. michellemybelle says:

When I was in college, I saw a papasan shoot itself across the room and cause a minor injury and break a tv.

I’m calling Animal Cops to protect these critters!

7. They need some help.

8. Looks like they are living the Good Life, to me.

Hmmm…maybe THIS is where humans go when they die.

9. I envy the idle life these two are reveling in… *sigh*

10. BlurpleBerry says:

So cute!

And also, I love those chairs.

11. that blue chair the doggies in? i have that in pink, but its been taken over by the kitties.

12. Stephanie C. says:

What is it with critters and the papasan chairs? We have one of those chairs, and I rarely get to sit in…if I do, I have three pups piled on top of me. It’s their favorite piece of furniture.

13. so nice… love the pets and love the decoration-makes me think of my family’s holiday cottage…*sigh*

14. I’m quite sure the animals think those chairs were made specifically for them. I mean, c’mon! Look at the shape and the padding.

I bet those two sleep in the same chair all the time, too.

15. awesome animals!
    awesome room too – I wanna snooze in the sun…

16. You know, I normally love animals, but today, this pic and all its lolling, do-nothing cuteness makes me really angry.

Right now, while I’m getting ready to spend my whole day at a poopy training meeting, my two kittehs are at home, lounging, aimlessly speculating on when they ought to go into the kitchen for a nosh, or if they ought to go ahead and finish chewing through the blind cords in the bedroom…or maybe just stay right there in the sunbeam… Lucky little rats.

17. Ah ha, like me and my old roommate. Just add a television in there somewhere.

18. yoohoostereo says:

Grey Kitteh!!!

19. Can I come live at YOUR house? This pic just makes me want a vacation, REAL bad. *sigh*

20. This looks like a lovely room and two tewtelly anerable petsums. I want to live there. Blissville.

21. AuntieMame says:

What great pet parents they have that buy each pet its very own basket chair!

Where do the people sit? In a cardboard box in the laundry room? :)

22. Where do the people sit? In a cardboard box in the laundry room? :)

Posted by: AuntieMame
    This is so great! Yes, I was just thinking, “damn, wish I had a room like that!” But if I did, I guaran-damn-tee you it would be taken over by my 3 felines and I would, indeed, be spending my leisure time in a cardboard box in the laundry room, that is, if I HAD a laundry room.

23. awwww, that is adorabuble…
    I would love to take a nap in that room with those 2 dewds! It looks so peaceful & relaxing! There is a futon across from those papasan chairs, right?

24. You just *know* that the throw rug is there to help the pup jump into that chair. (Cats can leap off of slippery tile but tiny doggies need help in that regard.) There is a human enabling this cute snoozitude, I tell ya!

25. Another Angela, Donna, MichelleMyBelle, Thinker — papasan chairs are ONLY pet furniture. The fact that they’re marketed to humans is a cruel con, plain & simple. But for teh kitters & puppers, it’s all good.

26. meg–once again, its the CAPTION thatmakes this totally hilarious and cheering.
    indeed the dialogue reminds me of me and my older brother, circa junior high.
    but i’m sure we never as cute as all this.

redzilla: i comfort myself with this thought: they can stay home and nap all day, but I get to eat what I want when I want. which is better? (hmm, perhaps an insoluble philosophical problem)

27. Sitting in a cardboard box in the laundry room?
    Oh you are sooo fibbing.
    I’m never allowed in cardboard boxes.
    Those belong to the kitteh.

The only solution to the chair problem is to have more chairs than pets, then you get to sit on the rejects.

(But why does my cat need to be at the computer?)

28. Monica, I had that same thought in regards to that throw rug. Perhaps that’s because I also have small dogs, and rugs placed strategically in the “launch” areas. Those rugs are a necessity!

29. I live vicariously through my pets so, yes, I want them to be vewwy comforbuls. On crapola days it does me good to know my pets are happy. Then they have more happy to share with me.

30. AlbertaGirl says:

Precisely why I never bought one of those chairs – I knew I’d never get to enjoy it! Still, maybe I should spoil my kitty even more and get him his own chair… in addition to the couch and bed that he already apparently owns.

31. Meg, your captions are just the best! Thanks for that as much as the pic.

32. Awww yes… I feel a snooze coming on right now….. and here comes kitty to snorgle!

33. Two happily feuding friends, chairing a moment…

34. Wish I was there… I’d get ‘em both a treat because they are both so ~^&%#@* cute!

35. Peg of Tilling says:

I suppose these two will be going out for the Chronicles of Narnia and a cupcake later.

36. Word, Peg. Double true.

37. I remember watching someone buy a papasan a few years back – he specifically stated that he was buying it as a pet bed for his dog (forget the breed, but a semi-large dog)

38. Arbed, aren’t you supposed to treat your papa-san with respect?

39. Reminds me of Joey and Chandler in their La-Z-Boys.

40. I know some people think the parpasan is cheesey…but I always feel very chairy when I sit in one.

41. It’d be best to donate it to a local chair-ity.

42. Chairing is caring.

43. Three Chairs for Meg!

44. Three Chairs for Meg!

45. RATS!

46. *happily snorting at Nora*

Good two, Nora! ;)

47. Brak_Silverbone says:

Many of us would consider this the ideal vacation getaway cottage: a small place nicely furnished, complete with adorable pets already in place!

48. Debby from Philly says:

Has anyone else noticed that the cat seems to have six legs???!!! I think that we have TWO cats here!!!

Hooray!!! Hooray!!! That’s two cheers. Right?

49. CUTE! i have 2 cats and they dont ever sleep this far away they always cuddle

50. I’m never allowed in cardboard boxes.
    Those belong to the kitteh.

Posted by: lauowolf

You are so right! What was I thinking?? I guess I’ll just have to sit on the damn floor, but then, once I got down there, they’d want that too. Who am I kidding, I just need to live on the streets and let the 3 “queenies” have the run of the house, as it should be.

51. A wah-wah and a Russian Blue. Tewtally redonk.

Lof the chairs too.