It ain’t over. It’s still ‘Tocktober.

[Drill seargeant voice] "ATTEN-SHUN!

IT MAY BE SATURDAY MORNING, PEOPLE, AND YOU MAY THINK YOU’RE SAFE—"

[Pug] uh oh.

[Drill seargeant voice] "BUT IT IS STILL ‘TOCKTOBER!

SO GIT YOUR ‘TOCKS UP, SOLDIERS, I DON’T CARE HOW SMALL YOU ARE, GIT THEM UP!"

[Pug] "Um…Like dees?" [tail trembles]

Tockpugter

[Salutes] GOOD WORK BETH C.! [Awards 'Tock Medal of Honor]

Comments

1. SOooooooooo cute. Want a puggie.

2. awww… puggy looks scared!

3. you guys r silly says:

His baby head is so BIG and his baby ‘tocks are so TINY!!! Bet he tips over alot!
    &:o)
    *Smooches* to his big noggin and “pinchy-pinch” to them teeny ‘tocks!

4. He’s totally doing downward-facing dog. Though that yoga instructor sounds pretty harsh.

5. All ‘tock, no action.
    ;)

6. *glomps* *is rendered insensible by the cuteness*

7. THEO!!! That’s an awful pun. One (highly amused) raspberry in your general direction!!

8. Pug-tocks!

9. that yoga instructor would totally mess with my cleansing breaths. but whatever calms your chi!

10. heather gallimore says:

good lord!! it must be difficult to be so ugly, yet so cute at the same time!! :)

11. Sweet little puglet. Wish that was the kind of dog I was going to visit tonight.

Hey, peeps… what does one do when one’s friends have badly behaved pets? My good friends have a large rowdy lab, not a mean bone in her body, but with no manners. She’s given me bruises and ripped clothes by sheer exuberance. I wish they would put her outside or in a kennel while they have guests, but…

And I just plain hate dog snot and slobber all over my clothes.

Dear Abbies, step up!!

12. I don’t even know how to react to this one. I may be stuck here till my brain figures out whether to esplode or squee or awwww or some combination of the three..

13. michellemybelle says:

Tocktober is my favorite time of year!

14. Brak_Silverbone says:

I bet there’s a warm, snorgle-able puppy tummy under that puppy, if we’d just turn it over…

15. GREAT caption!

16. Oh my! Why do they have to grow up? thwy should stay like that forever!!!!

17. Hmmmm
    Wonder what she has in mind for Nose-vember.

18. Ooooo… Good one lauwolf.. Nose-Vember will be great!

19. P. Erasmus says:
  20. tiny pug ‘tocks!!
    :D
    hooray!!!!

21. (Drill Sergeant):

“YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE CUTE!!”

22. TastesLikeChicken says:

Love the way the squirrel turns to give us his best side.

23. GreenEyedHawk says:

Awww I just want to flip him on his back and pppbbbssppptttt on that belly. Pug puppies are so cute! Too bad most smush-faced dogs snore when they sleep.

24. totally lol aubrey!!

25. cuteoverload fur-reek says:

that guy is soo mean!!!
    hes just a little pup.
    vv sorry for pup

26. a bug in the rug
    looked up at the pug on the couch
    and said to himself,
    “if i were the pug, i’d dare not slouch.”

and then the tired person writing this went to bed. someone else with mad skills should finish =)

27. misscrisp says:

sleep well coa. there’s always peeps awake (mad skills are another story).

a bug in the rug
    looked up at the pug on the couch
    and said to himself,
    “if i were the pug, i’d dare not slouch.”

“Silly bug” said the pug
    “tis NOT a slouch, it accentuates my muzzlepouch.”
    The bug could not but agree
    and in the distance, he heard a >>squee< <

28. Jackie31337 says:

Kim H: maybe next time your friends invite you over, you could suggest meeting somewhere else, like a restaurant or something. If they ask why, you could explain that you enjoy spending time with them, but you don’t like being jumped and slobbered on when you visit their home.

If you want to spend time with them and their dog, how about suggesting going for a walk or going to a dog park with the dog? In parenting books, they say that it’s easier to adapt the environment to the child rather than trying to fit the child into the (usually adult) environment. The same goes for pets: put them in an environment where it’s easier for them to be “good” and their behavior will usually improve.

29. Hehe, cute pug.

Aubrey – Bang on target, as usual! You’re one of ‘em Few Good Men.

*salutes*

30. Tough one Kim H. It will be difficult to get your point across without maybe offending them, or making them feel defensive. Maybe make a lil gift basket for them, with some nice things for the people and the dog, and include a dog-training book. Tell them about how fun it might be to try some of the things in the book. Too subtle? I dunno.

31. And *up* and two and three and four!

Cute little baby!

32. Has anyone else written the date as “‘Tocktober…” this month? ^-^
    -can’t think of anything witty to say-

33. Ackkk!…between pug buttlet & Mini McHorsersons’ curly-tail buttlet – AGAIN I have tocksit shock syndrome! is there a doctor in the house?!?!?!…

34. Sweet Lady says:

Puggie-butt…. aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw aw *breathes* Awwwwwwwwwwww!

35. Thanks, peeps. Had dinner with friends and dog last night and things went better. Doggie settled down after the first 30 minutes or so. Still lots of slobber… ewww… why does the creature want to lick my knees?

Now happy to be back home with my kitties and with virtual dogs! On CO, I can appreciate the large pets without having to put up with all of the disadvantages thereof.

36. I can’t believe how adorable this li’l googly pug is! It’s almost enough to sway my mind away from the kittehs.

37. WoooT lauowolf, Nose-vember indeed!!! HAHAHA!

Teeny Pug’Tocks! SO cute!

38. Lol…rereading, Meg.

Pug: “like dees? Tail trembles”

Awwwwww!

39. Tiny puglet! Aww. Puggleses are one of the only dogs to tempt me to sway from my kitty-only devotion…

40. kodomo_ja_nai says:

oh god, i love its sad looking face!!! *gives a great big hug*

41. October will nevah be the same.

42. AuntieMame says:

43. Auntie Mame
    –Or a puppy fur sample to the sofa store. It’s all a matter of priorities.
    –Lauowolf
    She of the tabby-striped sofa

44. MelissaLovesPugs says:

I love those teeny pug-tocks! *pinch pinch* *pat pat* Eeee!

45. Melissalovespugs says:

“Anyone notice how the dog and the sofa are perfectly color-coordinated? Did they open a home decor section at the local pet emporium? Are you allowed to bring swatches to the shelter, you know, just to make sure they go together?”

Posted by: AuntieMame

Many a smart pug lover has learned its best to give up the shedding fur fight and get fawn colored furniture. Pugs shed like craaayyyyzaaaayyyy! :) And if you have a fawn and a black pug….maybe tweed? Maybe outta luck.

46. william congreve says:

m’kay just got to say it for the record: substituting “‘tocks” for all the other accepted euphemisms for the posterior is, well simply retarded …it’s not funny, cute, witty, or hip …sorry

47. william congreve says:

since we’re talkin about ‘tock i got a new suggestion …how about “taint” — that being the slang for the space between your anus and your genitals becoming ” ‘aint” …aint that great???!?!!?