Remember when times were good and you could fall asleep in a bowl?

Señor FerretPants here remembers. [say in Pepperidge Farm voice]

In fact, he’s dreaming about it right now.

Those were good times.

Bowlin

BEST EARS of the week, Sarah A.!

Comments

1. Yay ferrets. I want one. Someone needs to legalise ferrets out my way. :(

2. AuntieMame says:

Shh… Don’t wake the baby!

3. I agree, they’re way too cute and fun to be illegal. Love the pic, ferrets rock!

4. Yesh – wuuuuv him. I would like to try these out as pets. *adds to list of reasonable pets*

My hubby had a female when we first met. Broke his heart when she passed on unexpectedly at a young age. (She may not have been spayed and we were told this could have been the reason? She had never been bred. I have no idea, really) He got from someone who got her from someone who said she was spayed. Anyone in here ever heard of that?

5. ThreeRightT says:

cute animals! err, what does being sprayed mean?

6. Was this picture taken in Bowling Green?

7. Shannon, it’s true! A female not being spayed will cause the ferret to get very sick when she goes into heat. Hormone overexposure, if she doesn’t Do It with a little boy ferret. It often results in death, which is why most ferrets in the US are spayed/neutered before they’re sold.

8. Awww all snuggled up! Looks good enough to eat (heh couldn’t resist). I wish I could get that comfy curling up on a hard surface.

9. I’m bowled over … Lookit the itty-bitty foot! .. wait, is that a tail? Dangit, I can’t tell … well, whichever – it’s itty-bitty, and it’s cute.

(Spayed/neutered: Has had the ability to reproduce removed.)

10. Fish Eye no Miko says:

“Uh, waiter, I ordered the chicken soup…”

11. Positive_jube says:

This site is so dang edumacational….and ferrety cute.

12. hrh.squeak says:

Jodi – really? Ferret ladies will really “die if we don’t do it Right Now, baby!” How sad.

13. Weasel Soup….Delicious

14. “Uhm… On second thought, I think I’d rather not have the Today’s Special”

15. i thought it was a bebe pandie at first

16. The thought that female ferrets can die from not having sex puts an awful lot of things in perspective, doesn’t it?

17. Bowling Green! Aubrey – you can still dish it out. ;)

18. A thinker says:

This deserves a Squee.

He’s such a nice round bowly shape!

19. What is it about the bebes and food dishes?

20. NebraskaErin says:

This is so freakin’ cute, I’m speechless. SPEECHLESS!

21. Squeeee! Tiny beebee ferret!

22. Eeek!!!!! Such a cute little ferret!

When my husband and I were only living in sin, we had a roommate who had two ferrets (both fixed and de-musked). They get along great with cats (once kitty gets used to them) and are just the biggest clowns EVAR! When she moved out, she lifted her boxspring and a wealth of ferrett treasures came tumbling out, everything from kibbles to my husband’s insoles to toothbrushes and the necklace I’d been looking for for 6 months…lol. To this day my hubby wants to get ferretts again, we just haven’t really gotten around to adopt any.

23. I heard the Pepperidge Farm guy saying that as I read it.

That photo is so cute.

24. GreenEyedHawk says:

OMG baby ferret!! I remember when my The Cheat was that small…awwww.

25. SWEET! thats soo adorable! id sleep nin a bowl if it wernt made of so hard naterials! and if i was small which im not ;)

26. Ferret-u-cini Alfredo!

27. I can’t hear the Pepperidge Farm guy. :( I can only hear the Smuckers guy saying, “With a name like Ferretpants, it’s got to be good.”

28. Oh my dear sweet mother of all things soft and helpless…that is so cute it’s literally making me cry and laugh at the same time! Oh man oh man oh man I miss my eight fuzzy ferrety kids!!

–TwoDragons

29. Dang it, are we out of milk? I’m going to have to eat my ferret dry again.

Okay, the best thing ever, and I wish I could find video footage of this, is when ferrets do the crazy hoppity hump-back chicken frenzy. You know what I mean?

30. GreenEyedHawk: Strongbad rules!!

31. Introducing, Ferret-O’s, now fortified with 100% daily allowance of Tie-tie.

32. Redzilla, yea, I know exactly what you mean. We used to call it the Happy Weasel Dance.

33. That ferret matches the bowl _exactly_.

34. nightbird says:

Red…I have always called them weasel fits. Story to go along w/that one…One day I was driving home via a back country road, when all of a sudden a mouse comes running out of the grass at the side of the road. Luckily I wasn’t going very fast so I was able to stop before I hit it. Right behind the mouse was a weasel. I Swear to The Goddess that that little weasel stopped right in front of my car and threw a weasel fit. I was all “huh?”. Then it took off after the mouse again and when I drove off it had just caught it.

35. Hehe this is grossly off-topic, but I couldn’t help but notice you said “By the Goddess”……I wonder if we follow the same religious beliefs ^^;;

I’m born of the moon, so I’m a very heavy follower of Artemis and Aradia.

-This has been a random snippet of Pillow’s real life activities. We now get back to our regular programming.-

36. Attendees to the opening of the Bowl-shoi Ballet’s new season were confused with the new direction it was taking, observers reported.

37. you guys r silly says:

Teri:
    eh-heh…My EX used to do the “Happy Weasel Dance” TOO, only we didn’t have a ferret…
    &;o)

38. Awwwwwwww.

[sigh] Yes, those were the good times when you could curl up in a bowl and be cute and everyone was happy. (The ones who commented, anyway.)

39. OMG!!!! lol…yer naughty

40. “Hey, man, c’mon let’s spark that bowl…dude – wait – STOP – STOP!!!”

41. [sitting at a long table of snooty snootkins:]

Will ya please pass the rat?

[the table:] Gasp!!

Uh … Pass the ferret, please.

[calm is restored.]

42. Hahahaha, RedZ, ferrets are SO wild and crazy. We had Bonnie and Clyde, and man, could they tear up a room!

43. Ohmygawd–

Don’t you people know how to take care of ferrets?
    How could someone keep this poor little ferret in a tiny hard bowl.
    That is cruel.

This ferret obviously needs a really big fish tank so he can swim around.
    And I’m going to hold my breath until Meg posts another picture of him swimming around in his fish tank so I’ll know it’s alright.

(Well, maybe I’ll breath a little bit, the better to make annoyed tsch tsch sounds at everyone.)

44. If you put two ferrets in a bowl, could they be able to spoon?

45. Danielle-
    Is not rat.
    Is Siberian hamster.

46. AuntieMame says:

Are you from Barcelona, lauowolf? ;)

47. GreenEyedHawk says:

Yes, it’s easy to tell who the Strongbad fans are when I tell people that my ferret’s name is The Cheat.

As an aside, our name for the crazy ferret freak-out thinger is the ‘weasel war dance’.

Meh!

48. Omg, rofl, weasel war dance is too funny!

49. Legalize ferrets!

Hey man, don’t boggart that ferret…

eeeep! It’s soooooo cute. I can’t wait till I live in a ferret-legal state again.

50. Yep, the weasel war dance. It really freaks some people out the first time they see ferrets doing the “war dance”. They think the poor thing is having an epileptic fit or something. Of course, it doesn’t help that the ferret attacks your toes and then dances away. They just want you to play with them!

And they do pick the strangest places to curl up and sleep.

What a cutie pie!

51. He won’t be cutie PIE until I get this pastry shell rolled out…

52. Ladies and gentlemens, I confess, I have a little voice in the back of my head that frequently spouts innapropiate stuff at innapropriate time. If you’re lucky, the brain/mouth filter kicks and stops it. ;)

Thought 1 at ferrety good cuteness: AAAaaawwwwww! (turning to hubby) I want one!

Thought 2 at the knowledge that girl ferrets can die from lack of ferret nookie: SNIFF!

Thought 3 at the knowledge that girl ferrets can die from lack of ferret nookie: OMG! Ferret Pon Farr! Which led me to OMG! Ferret Plak Tow when someone mentioned the weasel dance.

Sometimes, my brain scares me.

53. Querida:

Tourette’s of the brain; yes, I’ve been there.

54. allycatgIrl says:

What is the weasel dance?
    Hello?Can someone explain?
    By the way,cute ferret.My best friend has 2 ferrets.

55. hrh.squeak says:

Well, I found a weasel war dance video on YouTube, let’s see if I can link it -

Enjoy!

56. Speaking of “Tourette’s of the Brain”…

57. hrh: I think *that* ferret is actually trying to get a flea :o)

But on that same link there are several ferrets engaged in the hoppity hump-back chicken frenzy. Which is what we called it because of that insane, adorable “bok-bok-bok-bok” noise that our ferret Beaker made while he was doing it.

58. allycatgIrl says:

Thanks Hrh.squeak,I’ve seen the ferret dance before,I just didn’t call it that.I just called it,”Grace!Your ferret is going crazy again!”It always looks like they’re fighting a flea or something on their back.Anyway,thanks again.

59. hrh.squeak says:

Redzilla – Beaker, my favoritest Muppet evar! What a great name for a ferret!! Which link is it? Can you hear the “bok-bok” noise? I’ve never had ferrets, they’re illegal in California (so are hedgehogs, harrrumph), but I lubs dem. I would like to hear the bok-bok.