I highly recommend using “Cute Overload” in all news article titles

HEY Press tyyypes! Take note!

Just like TMZ, here you TOO can incorp "Cute Overload" into your article titles. Like, free of charge!

Prince_co

Thanks for sendin’ in, Chief Sister Officer!

(ed. note — fixed some spelling.)

Comments

1. first!!!

2. Awwwww, (and rats, I was almost first!)

3. Prince William, hot AND smart.

4. Denise in Nebraska says:

You know, I like Prince William. And it’s not that he’s a prince (because I really could care less) or that he is cute holding the teeny one….he has done lots of humanitarian work on his own, and I think that’s cuter than all the babies in London (or at least, in the Royal Palace)! Love the caption “the prince and the pea”! One of my all-time favorite children’s books (the princess variety, of course)!

5. AuntieMame says:

*waits for the “babies-aren’t-cute!” Nuff brigade to arrive*

I have no time for royalty, but William seems like a very level-headed and sensible young man, and I have to admire that.

6. useta hada kitteh says:

That’s a VERY weensy baby, looks like. And definitely cute. Both the Prince and the “Pea”.

7. ThreeRight says:

Ewww, I dont see anything cute about this picture… hehe then again i am a guy and dont understand the way you think he is and i quote “handsome” anyways, just posted for fun! hehe!

8. i swear it said neo-nazi

baroo!

9. O.k. I swear this’ll be the only ‘Nuffingham post I do.

But.. human Babies AREN’T cute! O.k. maybe their little tiny hands and feet are! I’ve got pregnant and new mom’s at work all around me, and I swear pregnancy is catching. I just don’t wanna catch it myself … ever.

10. Personally, I like to see royalty in robes and velvets, but seeing this royal wearing that baby on his chest is just as nice.

11. ereshkigal says:

That dude is gonna be so bald by the time he is 35.

12. Oh god. There are few things cuter than a young man cooing over a baby.

I am *so* broody! Help!

13. Frankly, out of the two “boys”, I think Harry is so much cuter. :o)

14. hrh.squeak says:

Cute Overload = Global Domination! Peeps Rule!

15. Piggalette says:

Wow, what a “warm fuzzy.” That is very cute. Of course I am refering to the whole picture, not that Will isn’t cute all by himself. ;)

16. You have to be careful with babies. They can LITERALLY overload you with their cuteness and YOU CAN DIE.

Be careful out there, peeps.

17. I CAN’T BELIEVE THEY LET A HUMAN BEING GET NEAR A BABY!! DOESN’T THAT STOOPID HOSPITAL KNOW THAT HUMANS CARRY DISGUSTING GERMINOID THINGIES IN THEIR BLOODSTREAMS. AND THAT BABY11 BABIES SPREADING GERMS TO **ROYALTY** COULD PLACE THE ENTIRE EEU IN PERIL. I’M NEVER EVER EVER GETTING NEAR A BABY AGAIIN. OR ROYALTY. AS IF I EVER…

(ahhhh…)

18. HAHA, Thats cute alright. Hey! To the poster up there, Baby Humans ARE CUTE too! Proof is here! Goobybaby.com

19. NebraskaErin says:

There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING that makes me more melty then seeing a man holding a wee baby like that. Last night I was “aww”ing over a picture of my best friend’s fiance holding his newborn niece.

And when the man is Prince William? Forget it. He is one tasty dish.

20. Okay, I don’t like babies. They’re smelly and scary–that toothless crying.

I’m not even that fond of princes in general, but this pic totally softened my hard, hard, reptilian heart. I feel downright googly. How embarrassing.

21. I believe this would be more appropriately labeled

HOTTIE OVERLOAD.

Sigh, I’ve been enamoured with Prince William since he was 14 and I was 18 and I (silly american girl) thought…seriously, what’s four years? It’s the eyes, the smile, the accent and the impeccable clothes. the prince thing is just a bonus.

22. doof, doof, what are yuh gonna do today, meg?
    –same thing i do every day, ariel. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WURRRRRRRRRLD!

23. Peg of Tilling says:

The eyes, the smile, and…the in-laws. Hmm.

24. hmm
    Bald?
    Maybe.
    Depends what Di’s father looked like.
    Anyone know?
    (Could just be the shape of his hairline.)

25. Oh, yeah … the Prince’s temples *are* balding. But he’s still cute, and he holds that baby like a cute-appreciation pro. He has a lot of his mother’s touch with people, a lot of her kindness and charm, without, apparently, her addiction to drama, hyperbole, and snits. I think he’ll make a fine King someday.

As for him going very bald, it reamins to be seen.

The men in my maternal genetic line tend to get nearly-bald temples by the time they’re in their early 20s … and then it barely changes, for the rest of their lives.

26. Fact of life regarding human babies: some are cute, some aren’t. Just like adults. And, no, all brides aren’t beautiful.

(ducks down and waits for the fur to fly)

27. “Welcome To CuteOverload – Teh Place for the Qtest kitties, bunnies and puppies!!!

Oh, and the occasional human too.”

(Though I find him more hot than cute.)

Rule #7, anyone? ;)

28. Nah, he’s not getting bald. He just got a shorter hairdoo now Again, Babies ARE CUTE too!! http://www.GoobyBaby.com

29. Ugh.

30. There really is something very sexy about a handsome man holding a baby. Especially a tiny baby like that–a preemie, I would guess. It’s a very sweet picture.

Of course, I’m also one of those sorts that find almost all babies beautiful. There’s just something about these little, innocent, helpless bits of humanity that touches me, and I find them beautiful.

31. Cheerful [SLAPS] for “Hehe” and “Ugh.” For petesakes.

I won’t be arguing with anyone who says human babies either are or aren’t cute, though. I’m pretty sure we’re all hardwired only to bond with our *own* distorted micro-offspring.
    ;)

32. Seeing a handsome man holding a baby warmes my cold nuffinghamian heart, too. But I’m too old to think prince William is cute… I will always consider them as princess Di’s kids. If I ever met him, I would be all “oh, I remember your mother getting married” and “I admired your mother so much”. How embarrassing.

33. Janni, your comment reminded me of what made me stop handicapping the ‘ponies’.

When reading the Racing Form, I’d check out each horse’s sire and dam as well as their workouts, past races, etc. Once I came accross one colt’s sire which I remember seeing race – it would have been at either Hollywood Park or Santa Anita. I put the Form down and walked away.

34. Holey-moley people!

Y’all seem to be missing the point that the reason for the posting was not to compare the relative cutitude of Le Prince or his wee compadre, but the fact that CO has become a for-real cultural phenom, and that it’s being casually referenced by the TMZ staff, who apparently think all their readers are going to know exactly what they heck a Cute Overload is

It’s like Meg invented the pet rock or Xerox or the phrase or “You go, girl!”

Someday people are going to refer to a moment of Cute Overload and not even know that it started way back in the early 21st century as a …oh, shoot, what did they call them then? A blog.

35. Word, Kathy.

36. Reminds me of my brother. He’s 6’8″ and just had a little girl. Well, she’s not exactly little. She was about a month premature and was already 6lbs13oz. But he’s so huge that when he holds her it has that same giant guy/teeny baby effect.

37. *SWOON*

Tee hee. He’s handsome. He’s wealthy. He’s intelligent. He seems like a pretty nice guy.

If he IS a pretty nice guy, that covers the bases for cuteness in male bipeds. At least, IMHO. And not necessarily in that order.

38. Ha, I read “Neo-natal” as “Neo-Nazi” but then realized that would have applied more to his brother.

39. Like I have always said, he will be a great father… to my babies…

40. Oh….the video is really cute. Those boys are so lucky their mother’s family has strong genes!

41. A thinker says:

*Snort* Teho! “our *own* distorted micro-offspring”

Amen to that, brotha!

42. Kathy: Can’t we notice the cuteness inherent in the picture, too?

43. Aubrey, LOL! I’ve had that same experience. Maybe they need to have a “Seniors Tournament” for horses like they have for golfers – all races would only be 10 feet long maximum, and they’d have at least an hour to get to the finish line. Plus, gel inserts for their horseshoes!

44. YES! CO and WD! (world domination) !!!

And, ugh, haha, signed, haha.

45. He is hot…nuff said.

46. ’nuff said’

Who? Which one?

47. Twenty-nine years and five months ago this Yank had a premmie St. Mary’s, and I will forever be grateful for the fine care that he and I received in the facility. I was glad to see the news of the update.

48. Hooray, Mary!

49. Nuff said, Not hot.

50. jackie31337 says:

You do know that we’re biologically programmed to find certain traits (many of which have made it into the rules of cute) endearing, right? This warm fuzzy feeling we get when we see something cute exists so that we will want to nurture our offspring. So the reason we find tiny, vulnerable kitties and puppies so adorable is that it’s triggering the same biological response that makes us want to care for our human babies.

That brings up an interesting question: I had always assumed that by giving me small doses of cute, CO was preventing me from getting “baby fever”. Now I’m starting to wonder if maybe it has the opposite effect. Maybe seeing adorable little things on a daily basis is actually increasing my nurturing instincts and making me want a baby MORE. Has anybody else had this experience?

51. Jackie, that yearning went away for me when I actually got a puppy. (I never had that yearning for human cute)
    CO sort of brings that back but then I think of all the consequences and I stop. One dog is more than enough for me right now!

52. Jackie31337 says:

ceebs: the thing is, I already have a 3-year-old who was a high needs baby, so it has definitely not been the easiest parenting experience…. but nature has a way of making you forget all that and just focus on the cute. :)

53. Well, then I guess human baby yearning is different. I’m glad I’m defective that way! :-$

54. Since I can’t actually see the baby in the picture, I’ll have to focus on the prince. I find the whole royalty thing so inriguing – to be born so important, just by chance. Isn’t that weird? In terms of cuteness, I think there are tons of people hotter than he is, but he is decent looking and it’s nice to have a somewhat attractive prince at least – it’s closer to the fairly-tales.