Secret Backyard Rendezvous

Boid: "We keel them in their sleep at meednight. AGREEEED?!"
Kitteh: [Nods]
Boid: "Then eet is ees done."

Bokee

Rokkin’ Rule #4 is pretty sweet, Dean W.

Comments

1. Aww, so cute! =D I want a kitty.

2. … and then the cat put the birdie in its mouth, and the whole message board started howling:

3. Janet Anderson says:

Adorable is the word, and– Hey, I really don’t think the bird is in any jeopardy– there is no need for a commentrovery over this. The kitten will not attack the bird and if it tried would simply scratch him soundly. It is just a very cute photo.

4. And is no one thinking of the family living inside this house whose death these two ‘pets’ are so callously planning?

Haven’t we learned anything from the great Iams rebellion of 1997?

5. Is it really sad that what I took away from this post was “Dean W? Hee hee hee Dean Winchester?” ?

6. Bird harness!!!

7. LOL @ NTMTOM
    Reminds me of my friend, she had a bunch of cats & a little bird who thought he was a cat. He would get on the floor with the cats while they ate,he’d eat their food, too, or at least play with the food like he was eating it. It was really funny…until he went missing….:-(

8. Peg of Tilling says:

I choose to think no evil of the fluffyboo kitty…the bird, though, looks like it might be running an opium den in Singapore. How species-ist of me.

My brother once had a goldfish named Luca Brasi. After the Five Finnies War he sleeps with the humans.

9. Oh noes!11 tEh cat’s going to eat the birdy!11 Please no more raw carnage on CO!!11

;-)

10. Angie Panda says:

Oh, that is one unhappy tiel.
    Poor birdy.

11. Too cute!

When Elvis and I were staying with the folks during Amy’s Great Sabbatical, Elvis and Barney (the rescued-from-the-barn-bird) came beak to nose. Barney’s cage sits on an end table by the couch and Elvis came right up to check out the bird. Barney gave Elv a big bite on the nose. Then my shocked kitty flailed at Barney, which was ineffective at most, and Barney kept trying to bite Elvis’ paw.

My mom said, through tears of laughter, “I’m not sure which one is stupider, the bird or the cat.”

Good times.

12. Janet Anderson, while the kitty may be unlikely to attack the cockatiel, cats do have bacteria in their saliva that can kill birds. A single nip can be fatal, and with them sitting that close to each other I doubt that Dean W would be able to drop the camera and grab them in time to save the ‘tiel.

13. This is how my mind is going:

Mr. Tiel: “So has this Capote guy been trying to interview you too?”

14. Another Angela says:

After reading this stuff about birds exposed to mammal saliva here, I googled the subject and indeed it looks like one of the top killers of pet birds. Learn something new every day.

“When it comes to birds, the most dangerous organism in any mammal’s mouth is something called Pasteurella multocida. Once introduced onto or into a bird, Pasteurella multocida can become a “very infectious organism,” says Speer, crossing membranes, entering the blood stream, and taking a bird from perfect health to death in as little as one hour.

That means a bird that is attacked by a cat, even if the injuries look minor, can be in serious trouble. The bird’s instinct will be to clean the wounds by licking them. Doing so, the bird ingests this dangerous organism and may be starting a chain of events that leads to serious illness and even death.

According to Speer, this same organism can be found to a lesser extent in dog and human saliva. However, he warns that safety precautions should be taken to prevent any cats or dogs (no matter how well-behaved) from “kissing” your pet bird — even if it does look cute.”

15. Another Angela says:

Didn’t mean to harsh the cute or start another commentroversy, by the way…even if I am by heart a nuffingham ;) I like the tiel.

16. Aaaaaand they lick their claws, so their claws are also intensely toxic to other animals. Even gentle roughhousing can kill a bird (and birds are especially sensitive to Pasteurella multocida– so much so that you are not supposed to let your birds nibble anything the cat might have licked/bitten.)

Cute animals, uncute situation.

17. *long-suffering sigh*

Another Cute, thoroughly Harshed…

–TwoDragons

18. And when the smoke clears, will there be no one left to look at the little curly kittie tail-age?

19. People are so negative about the pictures, I often wonder why they come to this sight?

Anything I felt I had to pick a part on a regular basis I would avoid. Then again I have better things to do.

20. I find that people who come to this site to see something “cute” and then don’t give a rat’s booty about the welfare of these animals pictured pretty questionable.

The whole mentality seems to be, “Well, it looks cute on film, so who cares if the pet gets killed afterward?”

Seems pretty sick to me.

21. It seems to me that people like Kate and some of these other kids like to do nothing other than bring people down.

The kitten looks scared of the bird, do you really think it’s going to attack it? Seriously. Do you also think that the owner, who is taking the picture, would just stand and let the bird be attacked?

Why do people come to this site and immediately look for the worst possible situation and then tell everyone else they’re “sick” for not thinking the same way they do? Ten bucks says that no one comes to this site looking for animal cruelty. Some people just need to get the sticks out of their asses.

PS, that kitteh is adorable.

22. WOW. Just when I thought SURELY, SURELY there is nothing commentroversial about a cat and a bird LOOKING at each other. Surely, this, all rational people can agree, is, indeed, cute. Moreover, not only cute, but in no way tempts the drawing out of the soapbox from underneath the bed.

Kate, I find people who are preachy about animal welfare questionable. Especially when they are preaching, in large part, to the choir on CO. Man. I’ve been lurking here for like, a year and a half, and it used to be a place to squee and ‘splode one’s head over CUTENESS. Comments were for making bad puns about adorable scenes. It’s only a coincidence that most cute things are furry and mammal. This is not the “please-politicize-and-over-analyze-this-animal’s-context” site. It’s a cuteness site. Chicks mouthed by pups, hamsters with tiny guns, cats in racks–these things are cute. Boy have we attracted an insufferably humorless and pretentious crowd of late.

23. And in what situation would this pet get killed, Kate? It’s a kitten and a tiel. Aka cute, and not all that dangerous.

Birdie harness made me squee.

24. Whats that thing around the Birds neck? Perphaps the bird is a travelling sales bird for bling collars and saying “This Blue ribbon perfectly matches your eyes, and with your colouring you just have to have gold, and we do take your Mom’s credit card”

Dewi
    PS this addiction is getting bad I’m looking at CO at Breckfast!

25. ka9q's wife says:

I love that they cat and the bird are pretty much the same color.
    I love that the bird looks like it is in control of the situation.

I think those who are looking for things to complain about are like an ex-friend of mine. She had it in her head that I have a dirty mind and would accuse me of double entendres that I would never have ever in my life thought of. I mean sick gross stuff. Finally I realized it was not my problem it was her mind thinking those things and blaming me. I am not saying i am perfect but i was not as sick as she the “upright citizen” firmly believed i was.

26. ka9q's wife says:

I love that they cat and the bird are pretty much the same color.
    I love that the bird looks like it is in control of the situation.

27. ka9q's wife says:

I love that they cat and the bird are pretty much the same color.
    I love that the bird looks like it is in control of the situation.

28. ka9q's wife says:

I love that they cat and the bird are pretty much the same color.
    I love that the bird looks like it is in control of the situation.

29. ka9q's wife says:

I love that they cat and the bird are pretty much the same color.
    I love that the bird looks like it is in control of the situation.

30. ka9q's wife says:

I love that they cat and the bird are pretty much the same color.
    I love that the bird looks like it is in control of the situation.

31. Dewi:

Where you at? It’s close to midnight in finally-cooling-off-and-I-should-think-so-it’s-October-L.A. And did you mean ‘breakfast’? Because when I first saw the word I thought you were referring to Bertolt Brecht – an unusual combination with CO, but much welcomed – but as the spelling isn’t really that similar, I don’t know why I should really ask but thought I would anyway.

32. Maybe CO should actually screen the pictures they put up? Ignorant but supposedly ‘cute’ situations just feeds the stupid and gets the educated angry. At least put disclaimers on them. Kudos to Another Angela for looking up why informed bird owners are getting upset at CO lately.

33. Believe it or not, sometimes animals of 2 species can get along great and be friends!

Meg, I LOVE your caption! Who knew 2 cutie pies could have such evil tendencies? haha

34. “Why, yes, I DO like pina coladas. Getting caught in the rain? Not so much…”

35. for god’s sake people. cats and birds CAN live harmoniously together, you know…so can cats and dogs, cats and mice, blah blah blah. Stop creating so much controversy- if you want to get so worked up over something that’s meant to be cute and funny, keep it to yourself.. I love how people are like “omg that cat COULD harm that bird..oh no!”..I could get run over by a truck tomorrow but I’m not worried about it. If you don’t know it’s happening or has happened, stop being a doomsayer and pay attention to the website name: CUTE OVERLOAD. K, thanks.

36. Looks like Mr. Bird is wearing a necktie.

Yes, he’s a professional.

37. Mr. Cat looks squinty-eyed and cutely devious.

38. I like how everyone seemed to miss the original postings. Nobody thinks the kitten is going to attack the ‘tiel. Everybody is pointing out that if fluffy kittykins decided to wash the ‘tiel like best buddies, Mr. Tiel would have a raging pasturella infection, and could possibly die.

39. I have tiels, and that’s a happy/friendly face! Same on the kitty. Kitty is curious and friendly too. As long as the owner is present, there is no danger. My big maine coon cat is afraid of my tiels! They bite hard, you know! What a load of fuss — those two look fine to me! VV cute!

40. It may be possible for cats and birds to live harmoniously, but without the CO person including that information, we don’t know the situation here. Would you think it’s cute if you saw a picture of a child playing with a gun? Maybe if you knew that it was a toy gun, but without that information you wouldn’t know if the next picture would be a baby without half a head.

Like it or not, Cute Overload now has a large following and with that there comes a social obligation to promote responsible pet ownership.

41. A thinker says:

ZOMG!!!!!!! Danger!! Bloodshed!! Mayhem!!! Catastrophe!! Disaster!!! Horror!!!! Teh Werld is Coming to An End!!!!!

…oh. A cute pic of a cute wee kitty sniffing a cute wee birdie? Also smashingly colour-coordinated, I might add.

Phew.

42. A thinker says:

Glad that’s all it is.

43. CHEEEEERIST!!!! One, the kitteh and bird are a decent distance apart, and two, animals that have lived together for a while usually get along.

It may be the site’s obligation TO AN EXTENT to promote responsible pet ownership, but it’s up to the said owners to learn such responsibility from PROPER resources.

44. I think its important to remember that the grass is coated with pesticides, so those two cuties are basically swimming in chemicals. Then, when we pick them up to snorgle them, we are ingesting a face full o’death.
    EVERYBODY PANIC.

45. Other Mike — [snickerfreude]

Aubrey!! With a single deft Capote comment, you have earned back months of karma that had been squandered on puns. ;)

J. Bo — I’ll see your earworm and raise you one lime and one coconut. Ha!

Thinker — yeah, they’re quite the matched set.

46. [also snickering @ Maymee's comment]

God I love this place.

47. maybe I’m just still really sleppy on a Monday morning, but I’m LOLing at “Maybe CO should actually screen the pictures they put up?”. I wasn’t aware that the pics spontaneously appeared – pretty cool trick

CO is a fraud – a fake – a big ol’ magic trick! And Meg is the ultimate magician for making those perfect captions appear with those randomly-materializing pics.

for the record, I think this is a really sweet pic

48. Arbed — there’s a movie with Ed Norton & Paul Giamatti that you should see.

49. AuntieMame says:

Sheesh, people. The kitten probably took one sniff of the bird and hightailed it to the top of the refrigerator for the rest of the day.

There is no sign of anyone licking anything. Is it really necessary to assume automatically that all owners of all pets that appear on CO are irresponsible creeps and have no idea how to keep their pets safe?!?

*sigh*

50. My budgie occasionally annoys my house rabbits by pecking them on the nose – so my $$$ is on the bird in this picture. Watch out, kitty! :)

Seriously, I doubt anyone is in danger here, and it’s nice to see boid pictures.

51. What is on the bird? It looks like a leash. A bird leash?

52. I think the worst crime Kitteh is about to commit is this: “HAHA! Look who has a stupid leash around his neck NOW!”

And top o’ the morning to the Nuffinghams.

53. Plus, I wanted say, Aubrey has not been squandering her karma on puns! She has amazing punnage, ’cause I can never think of anything punny until like ten hours later, when I’m half asleep. But Aubrey does it on command–er, at least a lot more quickly than I can.

54. *Ding, Ding*

Laaaadies aaaand Gentlemen… It’s the grudge match of the century.

In this corner weighing in at approximately 2 pounds 5 ounces Fluffums “the claw” Smythe.
    And in this corner, a boid that needs no introduction, 1 pound of solid, feathered furry Pepe’ theeee Destroooooyer!!

*Wild applause from the crowd*

Pepe’ is defending his title as the inter-species feather-weight champs for the third year running. He may not look like much but this bird is unstoppable. Last week was a hard fought battle as Pepe’ took on the Mitzi, a Pomeranian from Beverly Hills.

Mitzi’s career was nearly ended when scandal erupted around the untimely death of one of her opponents.

It seems that Jocko “the wonder chick” La Fontaine contracted a fatal illness brought on by a Pasteurella multocida infection.

Mitzi’s lawyer was quoted as saying, “My client is innocent. Mr. La Fontaine knew the risks.”

Well, it looks like they are about ready to start.

*Ding, ding*

Oooh… I can’t look.

(Yes, I’m craving pudding this morning. *grins*)

55. KITTY! COCKATIEL! Matching colours! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!

Snorgs to the kitty and a cracker for the tiel.

56. hee! That ingenuous kitteh is in for a sore nose if she not careful…

And Aubrey, it’s ok to be too Freud for a good pun now and then, but really… you’re never too Jung to take the opportunity either.

57. Looks like kitty just woke up too.

Kinda:
    “I don’t believe I’m seeing this.
    Good thing I’m still asleep, or there’d be a bird as big as I am walking around in my yard.”

58. A thinker says:

EricaE! Very good (applause, applause).

*Flings pudding your way*

59. Thank-you *bows* Thank-you

*splat… Wipes pudding off.*

Mmmm Pistachio!

60. Cute bird, cute kitten. Kitten is shying back just a whisp, appears to “know” what that lethal beak can do, but still wants to be friends.

*wearing Nuff blinders, can’t see crabby comments…lalala of the eyes*

61. Easy peeps…I actually found Another Angela’s info interesting & informative. I would hope that fellow COers would not be adverse to posts (written without the angry or righteous tone & personal attacks) that expand our knowledge about caring for our beloved family critters. I also hope, in general, without being “a downer” that COers would favor safety over cute…a bit of researched info shouldn’t hurt. Or should CO be only about awww & squeee? Phew – my longest post ever…

62. Nice, Erica G!

And GGG, that’s a harness on the bird.

63. Pattycake says:

I know I come to CO to learn all about responsible pet care, sheesh. The only responsibility the site owner has is to amaze us with animal cuteness. My cat sleeps on top of my ‘tiel’s cage, and Bonnie doesn’t mind at all. The cat doesn’t inspect the bird, and unless she drools in her sleep, I suspect the bird is going to be okay. Bonnie has lived with cats for 14 yrs, and if one gets too close, a nice spread out wing flapping is enough to keep them at a distance.

64. No no no, I am not averse to info a’tall! Only averse to personal attacks and crabbiness for the sake of crabbiness!

Info is excellent! Teh more teh better.

Gray fuzzy floofer
    Peers through safely squinted eyes
    Ninja nose chomper

65. ereshkigal45 says:

“Or should CO be only about awww & squeee?”

Yes. It should be all about aww and squee and poit. See, that’s why it’s called cuteoverload.com. Not, ohmygodwhatistheworstpossiblescenarioallthebirdiesaregoingtodie.com.

66. Clonk.

67. I too favor safety over cute–but there seems to be this horrible perception that the owners of the animals featured have absolutely NO CLUE about their own pets.

Yes, there might be some isolated incidents, but overall most owned humans understand the capacities of their animals. It’s a massive insult to someone’s intelligence, to assume that they have no flarging clue how their animals will act around each other. So come off the soapbox, already!

Sheesh.

–TwoDragons

68. -> slain by EricaE’s excessive early morning comedy exuberance.

69. It’s a sweet photograph, and probably no danger to the bird (who is nowhere near one pound, more like three ounces). The photograph does not, however, demonstrate Rule #4. It looks like an adult bird, whose color variety rather than age means no vivid yellow and orange head.

70. another case of a cute pic rendered downright fantastic by the addition of Meg’s inspired comments, plus the comments of the puddin-peeps. i come here for the cute and the silly. yay for both!

71. What a downer. I need to stop reading the comments, they are ruining the pictures for me.

72. EricaE, I now *need* a picture of Jocko “the wonder chick”. Priceless.

73. NebraskaErin says:

Looks like the birdie is saying, “Can you keep a secret, my monochromatic friend?”

I like to think all birdies are as p-sychotic as the Madagascar penguins. Whee!

74. Kyle — nah… just pick & choose. You can’t just give up on the whole of the human race because some of them are @$$holes.

75. >>>EricaE, I now *need* a picture of Jocko “the wonder chick”. Priceless.

LaurieC

LOL!
    Since you brought this up I had this vision of a little yellow chick in a spandex westling suit and a tiny little terry cloth sweatband (cica 1986) around his fluffy little head.

76. Aubrey, you’d be right at home in the IRC channel where my friends and I de-stress during the work day (yes, people /do/ still use IRC…) Our channel bot maintains a pun jar! The leader of the pun pack is at around $50, which means at 0.25 a pun, there’s a whole lot of punnin’ going on. :) Personally I don’t have the knack for it, but I admire those that do.

P.S. Cute kitty+bird picture! Imagine that, a cute photo on a site called cute overload. Amazing.

77. OMG DID ANYONE NOTICE THE STUBBY-

Oops. Sorry.

[resumes in meek voice]

… tail?

*whimper*

***PLODE***

78. It is a cute picture, I won’t lie. But the cat doesn’t have to attack or even claw the bird to cause its death. As was mentioned earlier, cat saliva, and dogs/humans to a lesser extent, is toxic and deadly to birds. If the bird preens the cat’s fur or if the cat licks the bird’s feathers, the bird can ingest the deadly bacteria and die, within the day if it’s severe enough.

I agree, the picture is cute. But those of us with birds know how quickly things can go from perfectly normal and lovely to a dead bird in no time. We are not knocking the pictures or picking them apart, we are expressing the very real concern over an animal that we love.

79. Firstly, the cockatiel’s crest is down — that means the bird’s comfortable.

Secondly, my cats are terrified of my cockatiel. Honestly, I’d rather introduce my animals and let them get to know one another than to freak out over nothing. I do realize the danger of bacteria in mammal mouths, but…

80. Those two do sure look like they are plotting something!

81. I thought Another Angela’s comments were very informative, and I don’t remember seeing anyone knocking her post. Or her post knocking anything, just giving us some research.

It’s the knee-jerk worst-case-scenario freak outs that are annoying.

And it’s the amazingly amusing entries like EricaE (BRAVO!) that make this site fantabulous.

82. BWaahahaahahadspooofdfffftttt.
    There….sort of a primal scream.
    I feel better.

83. you guys r silly says:

I am concerned for the welfare of these 2 conniving critters…..
    If they really ARE plotting the demise of their companion people, have they FORGOTTEN that NEITHER ONE OF THEM HAS OPPOSABLE THUMBS!!!???

84. Enuff about dog/cat/human saliva!

*spits in disgust*

85. Oh course, *say in Roger Rabbit voice* my whole purpose… in life is… to make.. peo-ple lau-gh…

But I have to weigh in on this. Most people love their pets and would do anything to keep them safe. Yes, there are a few heartless degenerates out there who don’t share that sentiment… However, I think the vast majority do.

I have never heard of Pasteurella multocida whether mentioned as a threat to boids or otherwise.I personally think it’s a fine thing that people on this site have enough concern for our furry and feathered friends to help keep us informed. It’s the self-righteous, soapbox riding that comes afterward that I find irritating.

Inform and move on I say.

86. I like to get my finch to stick his head in my mouth and then quickly close it on him, as if I’m going to bite his little head off. Makes him jump every time.

I figure he deserves it, since he’s always trying to chew on me.

IS THIS BAD?

87. Oh, and most of us here (or so it seems) are the kind of pet people who were late to work this morning because Mr. WuvWuv (not real name) needed attention. So when he follows us around the house meowing for lovin’, we can’t help but pick him up and cuddle for a few extra minutes. Or maybe that’s just me…

Plus, I’ve been reading up on “Caring for Your Aging Cat” and now I’m turning into hypochondriac-by-proxy. So for those people who think da Peeps aren’t responsible cat owners – Elvis says phooey on you. He does. I heard him say it.

88. Enuff with the Nuffs. I think they need a little Tiel L.C.

And as for the deadliness of spit, I know of only one example, as stated by Miriam Aarons in ‘The Women':

“Where I spit no grass grows ever.”

89. Why do some folks here display the need to nitpick and assume the worst about the situation in any given picture and assume the absolute worst of the owners of the animals pictured?

Point in fact. The number of responsible, educated, caring pet owners is higher than these idiots seem willing to admit to.

It’s Cuteoverload. Admire the cuteness. Start a blog of your own to pontificate how horrible we are.

90. Aubrey
    I live in Chepstow in the lovely Wye Valley, on the Welsh borders; where the picturesque movement started. I also can’t spell to save my life, pity this doesn’t have a spell checker

Dewi

91. you guys r silly says:

AmyH, I think I remember mentioning this to you previously…..Mr. WuvWuv is using his Jedi Mind Powers to control you! He’s NOT innocently trying to get an extra cuddle or 2 from you, he is MANIPULATING you so that you will NEVER leave the house again! You will stay with him 24/7 and love and cuddle him FOREVER, bending to his *every*whim*!
    Don’t let that innocent “helpless little old kitteh” look fool you, woman!

92. AmyH! I think Elvis got some cat saliva on the Nuffs when he said “Phooey”!

Prepare for legal consequences!

Aaaah, Wales! Another one on my “to do” list, Dewi!

And, I used to be able to spell..I sure do miss those many braincells who have taken thier leave! ;)

93. YGRS – You are so right! Only when I’m safely away can I see clearly. In his presence I’m overwhelmed by his power to control and manipulate me. I stop whatever I’m doing to attend to his every whim. Sigh. It’s true. I stayed in bed an extra 10 minutes due to his deadly accurate FLOP into spooning position.

94. PenguinJockey says:

Interesting that people think the bird is in trouble–I’m more worried about the cat! My first thought upon seeing the picture (or my second, after “awwwwwww”) was how unfortunate it would be if the birdie decided to sink his beak into the kitten’s wet little schnozola. Ouch! Very cute, regardless.

95. Dewi, you are a lucky person – my envy, in fact, is almost blinding my Cute Vision. I’ve been to Laugharne, and Hay-on-Wye (BOOKS!) – lots of places in Wales, actually. Are you near the castle?

(atones for going off-subject)

96. you guys r silly says:

AmyH, my Wembley has made ME late on MANY MANY MANY occasions…she does the flop and the kneedy-kneedy thingy and the WHOLE TIME she is mentally manipulating, saying “gooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaack toooooooooo sleeeeeeeeep…………”
    Their mental abilities are SO *superior* to our’s, that it’s HONESTLY A MIRACLE that ANY of us EVER do ANYTHING *non* critter related!!!!!!!

97. What in the world? says:

Heh, and I’m gonna take a pic of a baby chick in a tiger’s open mouth and the text is gonna be “Look! I’ve found shelter for the night!”

Just so you people can go “OMG! teh cute!!!!!!one!one!!”

Seriously, can’t see how you people don’t see how agitated that tiel looks there, like someone said, cute animals but sketchy situation, sorry, I just don’t like seeing animals uncomfy @@

98. Aubrey
    I live in an old house with a panoramic view over the Wye and Severn. About15 min walk to Castle, but look at http://www.wyetour.adventa.org.uk/
    When they get the site up and running with all the pictures.
    Mind with my bibliomania I avoid Hay, to keep me solvent.

Sorry for the off subject posting

Dewi

99. Awwww….so cute!

Honestly, why are so many trying to find fault? It’s rather discouraging to those of us who want, for a few minutes a day, to indulge in innocent pictures of cuteness.

Quit harshing my cute mellow already!

100. Thanks Dewi! I came back from Hay with almost $500 in books – airport security didn’t know what to do with me!

About this picture. I think this is a scene from ‘The Great Escape'; the Captain (Steve McTiel) and Squadron Leader (Richard Cat-tanborough) are planning their daring escape from their backyard stalag. Burrowing has already been started by their puppy Flight Lt. (‘King’ Charles Spaniel Bronson).

101. Aubrey-

Masses of books at airport security?

Our tenant does that one better.
    She’s a geologist and comes back with boxes of rocks.
    Apparently airport security is always seriously weirded out — sort of “we know we don’t like this, but we can’t figure out why.”

Oh, and I really like the little forehead whiskers on kitteh here.

102. Sweet Lady says:

Awwww!!! The kitteh still has his kitten fluff fur… he’s all, “You’re really my friend, Mr. Bird?”

103. Lauowolf: back then, it was more like, ‘You spent $500 ON BOOKS?’

104. I think Mr Birdy-Pants wants to preen kitteh’s whiskers.
    My tiel sometimes tries to preen my bunnies’ whiskers. He only likes my bunnies when they sit still though.

105. that kitten looks like my Emi when she was litte!

106. y.manynames says:

I love CO. The comments and the punnage used to be wonderful. However, I am seriously suggesting that Meg & Co turn off the commentary for a while, in hopes that if she takes the soap boxes away, the soap boxers will go away too. I have several causes (political and otherwise) that I volunteer for and several of them are animal related. But you know what, CO is not for that. It is for cute. Please take your soap boxes and your axes to grind elsewhere. If you cannot find a forum for your cause, go make one. Digiboards has affordable (and sometimes free with some advertising) options for you. Quit hijacking someone else’s baby for your cause.

Now then, I am going back to pondering inner species cuteness. After I take an axe to this here soapy box.

107. Aubrey-
    Oh, I’d thought that bit made complete sense.

108. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

I love every thing about the kitten in this one!

The color;the tial position; the facial expression;the kitten size & height amongst the lawn;the kitten belly bulge…Just evertin’ abought it mon!

109. TwoDragons, I just wanted to agree with your post. It is an insulting assumption that everyone, with the exception of the posters, are inappropriate caregivers.

Also it’s insulting to the animals, since the worrywart faction would infantilize animals. Casting us as baby-sitters rather than the companions of our animal friends. Animals do not behave like humans it true, but neither are they the random killing machines these worrywart posters would have us believe. To assume that the animals that live among us have no sense of appropriate behavior is to deny the spark of higher thought all of us have seen in a cat or dog, or bird’s eyes. Yes, accidents happen. Yes, it pays to be vigilant. But what all this worrying presumes is that dogs and cats want to kill everything they come in contact with, and that every instance of interspecies interaction the smaller animal is seconds from death.

Please, can’t we all agree that when introducing our furry or feathered or scaled friends we all take the proper measures to insure everyone’s safety? And if we all make that vow, can we please stop assuming that the unseen next frame of a vignette featuring a bird and cat is full of bloody feathers and carnage?

110. I really think the sudsters should take their boxes to Hyde Park. Plenty of fresh air, and they’d be taking part in kind of a delightful tradition.

111. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

& oh…abought= about & mon = man…
    Tis my spin on a Jamaican accent doncha know.
    LOL!

112. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

tial = tail in my 1st post for this entry.

113. ka9q's wife says:

The geek in me and former college Microbiology tutor just had to point out. That although Pasteurella multocida is indeed normal flora for many domestic species it lives in the warm wet mouth and upper respiratory systems of animal (and humans). Most bacteria are relatively fragile and do not survive if they are subjected to a different environment than that for which they evolved. Thus although P. multocida does very well in the mouths of cats, rabbits birds etc, it probably does not live long on their fur, feathers or other parts of their bodies when they groom themselves. The change in temp. and the aridity of the environment outside of the animal’s mouth probably kill this bacteria species fairly quickly.
    “Pasteurella multocida is a small, gram-negative, non–spore-forming coccobacillus often existing as [normal flora] in the upper respiratory tract [and mouth] of many livestock, poultry, and domestic pet species.” Thomas Lafeber, MD, Fellow, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases

114. ka9q's wife says:

115. ka9q's wife says:

116. ka9q's wife says:

117. ka9q's wife says:

118. ka9q's wife says:

119. Thanks for the info ka9q’s wife.

120. Elisabeth says:

Umm, that cockatiel is not agitated. My grandma owned them for years and I own an umbrella cockatoo. When frightened or agitated, their crest goes up. You might want to study your birds more carefully before you climb on your soapbox there, “What in the world.”

I can even say the cockatiel isn’t hissing (which they will do if annoyed) because her tongue isn’t sticking out. She clearly is going to try and preen that cat.

121. Oh for god’s sake people…nobody’s getting on their high horse or their soapbox about this picture. I read all the comments, and there was one that just stated a fact that she’d learned about mammal saliva and birds. Big freaking deal. there are a few others that agreed with that fact. omg everyone’s getting on their soapbox now aren’t they?

I, like pretty much EVERYONE who has commented, think this picture IS cute. I don’t think there is any immediate danger to the bird or the cat, they’re just looking at each other. I’ve had my cockatiel sit on my cat’s head, supervised, but yeah, the picture I have of it is cute.

We’re NOT trying to knock the picture, just state some facts so people know why one could be possibly concerned about a chick being in a dog’s mouth, for instance. It’s an opinion, stated because we LOVE the animals, and care about their welfare. They have every right to post their opinion, and because they do, it’s not necessarily making the picture “controversial”.

Please, stop knocking down anyone who informs or states that might be slightly concerned, or just posts something other than “aww it’s so cute”. I believe most of us are adults here, I think we can all manage to have a bit of respect here.

Thank you. And I want to cuddle that cute wee kitten.

122. Not to be a cute-detractor, but the cockatiel seems to have a leash around his neck! That looks awfully painful… the proper leashes for birds loop around the wings like a harness. A bird could snap his neck struggling in a ‘neck’ leash. Also, ignoring the cat, that cockatiel looks horribly unhappy. Look at its frightened manner: a partially opened beak as a mode of threat and his crest is tilted full-back in fright.

Sorry, but that just scares me.

123. ka9q's wife says:

I just wanted to point out that the upper paragraph of the post above was written by me as was the bits in brackets in the quotes. For the original quote go here. http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic1764.htm

*goes back to huffing kittens and eating pudding for breakfast. !!!!!one!!!

124. ka9q's wife says:

*goes back to huffing kittens and eating pudding for breakfast. !!!!!one!!!

125. ka9q's wife says:

*goes back to huffing kittens and eating pudding for breakfast. !!!!!one!!!

126. ka9q's wife says:

*goes back to huffing kittens and eating pudding for breakfast. !!!!!one!!!

127. ka9q's wife says:

*goes back to huffing kittens and eating pudding for breakfast. !!!!!one!!!

128. ka9q's wife says:

*goes back to huffing kittens and eating pudding for breakfast. !!!!!one!!!

129. hey guys, I just noticed they put up my pic (my bird, my friend’s kitten.)

Guess I’ll explain the situation to put some people’s mind at ease. Bird there wasn’t too thrilled to be in her feather tether but she stopped when the kitty came by and did some heart wings and clucked at him.(tiel owners know what I mean by heartwings, so she’s happy in that picture at least.)

On the other hand, Kitten there is afraid of birds and runs away and hides in that awkward uncoordinated kitten half-falling over every third step way (only a couple weeks old there I think.) So this picture was snapped at the exact instant of “huh? what’s this?” before the instant of “EEP RUN AWAY IT’S GOING TO GET ME!”

I am fully aware of the concern about kitty drool, but I’m less concerned about that and more concerned with the fact that this is a filthy outdoor kitty and who knows what he’s been into (well, i know, cause he wouldn’t move more than 10 steps from his box, so not much… but who knows what his mother may have been into.)

There are people poised behind either pet ready to spring into action if something seems wrong.

Anywho, that same bird (still unmolested months later) Is, as I type this, whistling the addams family theme in my face and tapping on my chin where the (Snap Snap) should be. I’m going to go give her some scritches.

Photos are funny, she’s aggitated in this picture, taken a few minutes before but she looks like she’s having a ball. http://www.deanwelsh.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/IMGP2971.jpg

-dean

130. I’ll be in Vegas this weekend, and while I love the place, I will be CO-less for four days. So to stoke up on CO, I’ll need to take a toke off that puff-purr, ka9q’swife.

131. ka9q's wife says:

passes the kitteh to Aubrey.
    No Problem Punster supreme.

132. ka9q's wife says:

passes the kitteh to Aubrey.
    No Problem Punster supreme.

133. ka9q's wife says:

passes the kitteh to Aubrey.
    No Problem Punster supreme.

134. ka9q's wife says:

passes the kitteh to Aubrey.
    No Problem Punster supreme.

135. ka9q's wife says:

passes the kitteh to Aubrey.
    No Problem Punster supreme.

136. ka9q's wife says:

passes the kitteh to Aubrey.
    No Problem Punster supreme.

137. AuntieMame says:

Alicia,

Pointing out facts is fine.

Making unwarranted assumptions about the pet owners in the photos is not fine.

Nor is accusing other posters of being unfeeling monsters if they prefer to focus on the cute.

Maybe this thread hasn’t turned nasty yet, but just wait. Or go read the Pommie/chick thread. Or the dog/baby thread. Or any cat/bath thread.

It never ends at just expressing opinions about pet care. It always turns into browbeating and badmouthing anyone who disagrees.

And THAT’S what’s unacceptable.

138. Actually, I find ACCEPTANCE unacceptable. I whine about everything!

139. [snort]
    Theo!

Thanks for sharing the pics and the story, Dean W.!

140. Dean,
    Yay for all things “Welsh” including tiels!

My kitty was terrified of my Gold Collar mini-macaw and wouldn’t go near him. Wise pussums, too–formidable beak as I can attest to.

141. T-O and Cinnamon (disapproving rabbit).

142. Harrumph.

143. Ok peeps, I see I’m just in time… the lethal bread pudding recipe has gone out and if you requested it, it should be in your email. If you haven’t emailed me and want a knock your sock off re-mellow me recipe, just holler!! Theo, you need this!!!

144. [volunteering refrigerated storage space for all things custard and pudding-like for CO peeps with amunition against Nuffinghams and ghoulies in general]

hmmm … and I seem to have a puddin’ hurler just collecting dust here…

145. For the person concerned about the tether.

It’s not as good as a flightsuit, but it’s not hurting her by any stretch of the imagination. She chews on it for about five minutes straight whenever I put it on, then she’s fairly cool with it. But it’s not her favorite thing that’s for sure, so she doesn’t get to go outside much.

-dean
    -dean

146. dean dean? how did I manage that?

-dean

147. dean dean, the posting machine…

148. Dean Dean — don’t worry too much about “criticisms” in these comments. It’s like the Wild West in here (except with more ribbons & fur).

149. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

“dean dean, the posting machine…”

Ahhh that be funneh
    Laurie C. !

150. ;) Laurie C. Jinx.

151. Lol!!! You guys are furny!

152. Thank you, Auntimame! Well said! *tennis clap*

153. great pics, Dean! Thanks for sharing!

154. Dean, your tiel is adorable.
    My boy tiel, Loki, sends her wolfwhistles!

155. Well, I’m not concerned that people think I can’t take care of my bird, people can think whatever they want. But if I can keep people from worrying about things with a little more info, no sense in them having that mental anguish.

hehe, yay she’ll like that… though she seems to be getting a whiter and whiter head of late, so she might turn out to be a boy in the end. Her name’s switch though… So I guess either way it works. Loki, like, Loki from tailfeathers?

-dean

156. Apologies about the ‘leash’ — the picture made it look like a neck-collar instrument. The only thing that makes the ‘feather tethers’ unsafe is the damage my birds will do to my fingers trying to put one on them. ;)

157. 2seahorses says:

The bird reminds me of Peter Lorre in Casablanca.

158. I know! Let’s talk Dewi into taking a pic of the castle with the bookcases in the yard…that’s MY idea of cute. Please? And I came away with 14 boxes of books that I mailed back Stateside… customs had fun with me too…

159. If you absolutely MUST be a catastropharian and worry about these critters (Why?), worry about the kitten. One nip on the nose, and puddin’ll learn to leave it alone. My cockatiel and calico are pals, and everyone understands the boundaries.

160. Jessarakitty:

There’s a bookstore in Hay-on-Wye that’s IN A CASTLE. I bought a tiny booklet, ca. 1888, giving advice on how to make your own fancy-dress creations.

And here’s that castle:

I love me some castles!!!

(sorry – seem to have stumbled off-topic again)

161. AuntieMame says:

Aoife, that’s what I keep telling my friends’ dog when I stay with all the critters.

Go ahead, I say. Keep hassling the kitties. But when you get an eyeball scratched out, don’t come crying to me. I’ll be happy to tell you “I told you so,” but you’ll be happier if you take my word for it now…

162. “Catastropharian?” LOL! I’m visualizing the mortal dreadlocks…

163. I haven’t read all your philosophical comments and beautiful I’m sure :-p, but may I suggest again: FORUM.

And hummm, ha yeah! I’d just like to recall that very fine joke about “Harsh the cute” and with how much comments you can do it.
    My salutations to the person(I recall there was a partner in crime, I think so anyway) who made it. ^^

Ho and: cute picture. But on Cute Overload, what can you expect? *Big Smile*

164. Jessarakitty,
    Hay has a castle and hundreds of bookshops.
    Chepstow has a castle but one bookshop, its more of an artistic town with a very big festival every even year, with plays at castle etc. and open air gallery every month from May to October, lovely artist paints very character full cats (sorry no pic downloaded copyright is copyright)

Dewi

Dewi

165. What’s all this then? Pudding?!? Brandy?!?

COMMENTROVERSY?!?!?

Dean, thank you for addressing the situation. Your ‘tiel is beautiful (I birdsit for a parrot and find birds immensely fascinating – especially the fact that you can’t tell their sex! The one I sit for is either Julio or Julia) and the pic is cute. And yes, birds can do some serious damage.

Carry on now, nothin’ to see here…

166. This begs for a new Rule of Cuteness, something about how when you have two critters that would normally be “predator” and “prey”, but the “prey” is BIG (like this boid) and the “predator” is LITTLE (like this kitteh), it’s extra keyoot!

167. lurkertype says:

I guess the birds can tell each others’ sex, so that we get more birds.

This pic is kyoot. Da boid is in control and da kitty is skeered. And the color-coordination is fabulous.

168. Remember the good old days (I think it was last week), when a kid licking a pig’s nose was controversial?

169. GAH.
    No more pigsnout for me, thanks, I’ve had quite enough.

170. Dammit. And here I was, all ready to register http://www.ohmygodwhatistheworstpossiblescenarioallthebirdiesaregoingtodie.com
    Maybe .org and .net are still available…

171. you guys r silly says:

I’m no expert, but SOME birds you (meaning us humans) CAN tell which sex they are (parrakeets, cockatiels, finches) by the way they’re colored (ceres or feathers). Other birds (the *BIG* guys – parrots, etc) you can’t tell unless a vet checks it out. (xrayssurgery???)

172. Dean: What’s tailfeathers?
    I named Loki after the norse god of mischief and man is he determined to live up to it!

173. Theo, I used “catastropharians” because the worst-case-scenario seems to be an issue of religious proportions for some CO commenters (hey, I’m all for varying points of view, and am often happy to be contrary myself, so don’t get upset about my comment, folks).

(“mortal dreadlocks” – groan!)

174. Oooh, we can have ratsopharians, and hamopharians, and catsinracksopharians!

175. Judy B http://tailfeathersnetwork.com/ it’s sortof an internet community of Bird owners with a very active messageboard. There are a few birds named loki on there, that’s why I wondered.

-dean

176. “Other birds (the *BIG* guys – parrots, etc) you can’t tell unless a vet checks it out. (xrayssurgery???)”

That’d be a pig in the poke…or actually a poke in the pig…uhm, I mean bird.

177. Or looking a gift macaw in the….antimouth?

178. you guys — thanks for clearing that up. I should have mentioned that I was talking about the big guys. BTW, Julio/-a had a crush on both me AND my boyfriend, so no matter what sex s/he was, s/he was “playing for both teams”, to paraphrase Seinfeld.

179. LOL, Alexis! My mini-macaw would have been perfectly happy if I quit my job and stayed home all day telling him how beautiful he was. He was great fun but I ultimately had to put him in a breeding situation with a female who *could* have his egg… ;-)

180. jaypo – Julio used to do a mating dance for both of us; one day he tried to follow me upstairs. His owners discourage me from visiting anymore since he acts like a brat after I leave. I’d be flattered if it were not just a little weird…

As for sexing big birds, I think it used to be that they had to have invasive — and thus dangerous — surgery. Now I think there’s a blood test.

181. AuntieMame says:

I used to petsit for some folks who had a dog and a bird. The bird didn’t like me much, I don’t think. S/he screamed a lot when I was around.

Although I suppose that was just petulant you’re-not-paying-attention-to-me noise.

I thought cockatiel’s were the little birds and the big parrot-sized ones were cockatoos?

182. AuntieM, the real little ones are parakeets (or budgerigars or budgies). Then there’s the medium parrot birds like lovebirds and minimacaws. Then the “big guys” like cockatoos and macaws and such. The biggest and most gentle is the Hyacinth Macaw, with beaks that can exert 300 psi. Thank God they’re gentle!

183. AuntieMame says:

Parakeets? The ones with red cheeks and the yellow feather crest on the tops of their heads?

184. Parakeets! They’re the sweetest little clowns of the bird world:

185. FlappingFancy says:

Can I just say that while kitten drool is potentially deadly, it’s not as serious as all that. People have the same bacteria and most eat and drink after their birds.

Of all the birds attacked by all the cats I’ve seen at a vet office, I’ve never once had one die from Pasteurella multocida. Does that mean it’s not possible? No. It’s a real concern, of course. It’s a reason to keep your pets from licking your bird for fun. It’s a reason not french kiss them (some people do), etc. However, I’ve had people go as far as “the bird and the pet shouldn’t be in the same room because of the potential contamination” etc. If people were close enough by and the bird was snapped up pretty quickly, even if the kitten licked him, he’d most likely survive.

Nine times out of 10, attacked birds die from internal injuries. If they can make it past those, the can normally survive.

186. Jaypo: Teehee! The flowers match that cutie’s little feathery face!! *LOL*

–TwoDragons

187. I AM INFATUATED WITH THAT KITTEH. ITS FLUFF! ITS EXPRESSION! ITS ANERABILITY! ITS STUBTLETUDE! (see tail)

188. I’m sorry, but what the hell is wrong with people? People who know better come in and point out the dangers of a picture, and they’re shouted down by people going “BUT ITS SO KYOOOOT.”

I’ve kept parrots for nearly fifteen years now. The cockatiel in that picture is not happy, judging by its posture and feather state.

People brush off the fact that cat saliva is toxic to parrots, but they shouldn’t. Even a cat playfully licking a parrot can lead to HORRIBLE complications later when the bird preens. My previous cockatiel’s death was, in part, due to an idiot family member exposing her to bacteria in a dog’s saliva – which isn’t as insta-lethal as a cat’s, even.

Maybe some people don’t see parrots as “real pets,” or at least cockatiels. I do give props to the owner for being intelligent enough to use a harness and not just relying on a wing clip, which is ineffective as cockatiels are LIGHT and can glide damn far on a small gust of wind. But letting this situation come about, and then stopping to take a PICTURE of it, was stupid. Even worse is that pictures like this keep getting put up here despite responses from the parrot community pointing out the danger.

189. Another Angela says:

I’m glad most found my post more of an informational nature–I didn’t see any potential disaster about to happen in this photo–I’m just super curious about things and always like to dig deeper than the surface cute. I’m a biologist myself. I also live with pet rats and, like other rattie lovers, sometimes let my rats clean my teeth and share my food. Is that safe for them? hee hee.

I kind of enjoy the Huffingtons and the Nuffinghams. It would be a little boring otherwise, wouldn’t it?

190. Tendai, did you even bother to read the comments? The OWNER OF THE COCKATIEL has stated that the bird was happy and curious. I would think that the person who is most in contact with the creatures in question would be best qualified to make a statement as to said critter’s mental state at the time, thanks.

Feel free to start your own site preaching the horrible dangers of letting your pet bird come within a furlong of any other creature that isn’t drenched in hand-sanitizer or wearing a sterile latex bodysuit. But once again I’m seeing nothing but another pompous, self-righteous Nuffingham who has the unmitigated gall to tell a devoted pet owner what to do with THEIR PET, insulting THEIR INTELLIGENCE, and turning someone’s personal site into THEIR DAMN SOAPBOX. And frankly I don’t give a flip whether you were orphaned and raised by macaws in the jungle, or just got your credentials yesterday–you don’t know this person and the only thing you know about this situation is one damn snapshot. So take your pompous preaching and cram it where it’ll keep the broomstick company. You’re doing nothing but bothering the everlovin’ hell out of a lot of people, and wasting a lot of bandwidth.

And that, folks, is all I’m gonna say on the subject.

–TwoDragons

191. ka9q's wife says:

Actually if you think about it introducing this kitten to the bird is safer in the long run if it sees it as part of the family and not potential prey. If it is raised with the bird then hopefully we can avoid bites and such that may cause potential infection. I am not saying they should be best buddies but making them aware of each other is not so horrific as you all paint.

192. ka9q's wife says:

193. ka9q's wife says:

194. ka9q's wife says:

195. ka9q's wife says:

196. ka9q's wife says:

197. “Huffington and Nuffinghams”. I love it. I hadn’t seen the Huffington reference (I haven’t been to all the posts lately) but it soooo works.

198. AuntieMame says:

Huffington is new to me, too.

It must be all you guys with your 3 kitteh a day habits.

(And feel free to speak for me anytime, D2D!)

199. BCteagirl says:

Go Denita! Hee Hee… They seem to be out in full force today as well.. perhaps a nice soak in the tub instead…

200. Dunno birds from Adam. But that one doesn’t look /that/ upset.
    Kitty looks about to go into orbit, though. EEEEK! Freaky monster with no ears! Run away!!!
    Kitty is cuuute.. ^^

201. That bird really does look like he intends to kill them.. Watch out family!

202. You go, D2D!

203. [temporarily dumbstruck by D2D's display of raw THoW firepower] Rock on, Denita. You *channel* those Hamsters of War!

204. [temporarily dumbstruck by D2D's display of raw THoW firepower] Rock on, Denita. You *channel* those Hamsters of War!

205. [temporarily dumbstruck by D2D's display of raw THoW firepower] Rock on, Denita. You *channel* those Hamsters of War!

206. [temporarily dumbstruck by D2D's display of raw THoW firepower] Rock on, Denita. You *channel* those Hamsters of War!

207. [temporarily dumbstruck by D2D's display of raw THoW firepower] Rock on, Denita. You *channel* those Hamsters of War!

208. [temporarily dumbstruck by D2D's display of raw THoW firepower] Rock on, Denita. You *channel* those Hamsters of War!

209. !yay! for THoW * and their fearless leader, D2D!

* THoW = The Hamsters of War; brought to you by David Bobavid. please see: http://davidbobavid.vox.com/library/post/the-hamsters-of-war.html

210. Brak_Silverbone says:

That cockatiel is clearly up to no good! Look at his sneaky expression! He looks like the mean kid in school leading the innocent little fluffy kitten astray!

211. Go TwoDragons! Haha! I sure wouldnt want to get on your bad side. You have the best insults “raised by macaws in the jungle”
    With that being said I dont encourage animal cruelty but in this picture I dont really see anything like that. Its a cute picture to me. In anycase I wouldnt worry about the bird I’d worry about the kitten facing a fully grown bird! They are quite fast and sharp beaked you know. I get swooped by some birds they are darn right scary. Smaller animals can really fight back. My dog tried to eat a lizard and it kept bitting my dog instead!

212. Yay, Hammies of Anarchy!!
    We’ll Bite Their Ankles Off!!!

213. Chalk it up to ephedra-based allergy pills, folks. They make me mean as a cat in molasses, and Tendai’s overassuming attitude just happened to hit the Big Red Candy-like Button. I’m not usually this…um…loud… *blush*

But I didn’t expect such an enthusiastic response from the Peeps!! *LOL

–TwoDragons

214. YAY! More cruelty (stupidity) towards our feathered friends! Thanks CO!

Can we go back to penguins in sweaters, please?

215. BCteagirl says:

Vile: You sure picked a good name for yourself! hee.. try some pudding and chill.. and if you don’t like it, leave quietly… no point spoiling it for everyone else to make yourself feel important..

216. If hamsters don’t wok how about cats with missles?

Dewi

217. Vile, feel free to create your own “cruelty-free” website consisting of nothing but wild cage-free penguins posing in nonthreatening positions and hermetically sealed from any other germ-carrying life form, dressed in 100% naturally-colored organically-grown cotton sweaters knitted by nubile young vegetarian Tibetan pacifists.

And I’ll do you the favor of not visiting it.

*rolls eyes*

–TwoDragons

218. Whereupon the Huffs&Nuffs turn to each other and bleakly intone: “Oh crap. The Hammies are strong with this one.”

Once again, D2D, right between the eyes! Go, go!

219. Whereupon the Huffs&Nuffs turn to each other and bleakly intone: “Oh crap. The Hammies are strong with this one.”

Once again, D2D, right between the eyes! Go, go!

220. Whereupon the Huffs&Nuffs turn to each other and bleakly intone: “Oh crap. The Hammies are strong with this one.”

Once again, D2D, right between the eyes! Go, go!

221. Whereupon the Huffs&Nuffs turn to each other and bleakly intone: “Oh crap. The Hammies are strong with this one.”

Once again, D2D, right between the eyes! Go, go!

222. Whereupon the Huffs&Nuffs turn to each other and bleakly intone: “Oh crap. The Hammies are strong with this one.”

Once again, D2D, right between the eyes! Go, go!

223. Whereupon the Huffs&Nuffs turn to each other and bleakly intone: “Oh crap. The Hammies are strong with this one.”

Once again, D2D, right between the eyes! Go, go!

224. It is super … adorably … totally cute

225. SO cute! but I have to agree with the people who are more worried for the cat. I have a cockatiel who lived with 2 dogs for years and pretty much ruled them in every way, like some tiny feathery czarina. if the owners let them chill together, it’s probably ok :)

226. That poor tortured cockatiel. He looks seriously pissed off. Like “WTF get this cat away from me!”

227. Charlotte says:

“The kitten will not attack the bird and if it tried would simply scratch him soundly. It is just a very cute photo.” The kitten does look harmless – but if it scratched, it obviously wouldn’t be “soundly”. Cats have bacteria in their claws.