Opportunity Knockingk

Cuteoverloadtile_1Listen up, Peeps, here’s Teh Deal. Without the good people at TypePad, CuteOverload simply could not exist in it’s current form. What do I mean? Well, When you have a high-traffic website, the amount of data that flows out, called bandwidth, can be <singsong> expensive! </singsong>. Big photos don’t help—it’s like a BIG PIPE of HAMSTERS flowing out to all ya’ll. (Er something.) There is a large cost associated with pushin’ that data out!

Recently when TypePad called me, I picked up a hot pink phone, brushed away the bunnies, and said; ‘CuteOverload, how may I help ya?" Their kind peeps axed me to take a look at a new blogging service called ‘Vox’.

At first, I was all, "um, HOW can this be any better than TypePad?"

Well, I found out.

It’s like they took all the good parts of TypePad and made an even simpler way to blog. Post content in a flash—even my Grandma can do it. It plays nice with ANY content you want to talk about. YOur pets, your beau, your stinky receptionist job, your annoying boyfriend—you name it. The templates are fabu, and you can change them as often as you like. Putting your thoughts on the Web, sharing photos, commenting, blogging from your mobile phone is even easier than a puppy snorgling.

Anywho—don’t take this kitten’s word for it. Check it out for free, yo. It’s by invite-only and as C.O. readers, the first thousand peeps GET IN FREE!

Comments

1. Um, am I the only one up at this hour? I’m not all that internet savvy, but this sounds like a deal to me! (First post! AHAHAHAH!)

2. AuntieMame says:

Nope, I’m up, too. And I just signed up for Vox!

Although I’m not sure why, since I’ll probably never post anything to it…

3. I’m with you, AuntieMame. I think I’m the running for the most techno-illiterate of the peeps and I now have an account.

Let’s just watch all the people who can’t get in now that we’ve signed up. Boy, will they be steamed.

4. AuntieMame says:

We’ll just add each other to our friends lists (Do they have friends lists? I didn’t even look at the options…) and be the most techno-illiterate members with the longest lists of people who never read our blogs that we never post to.

5. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. That sounds like a great idea! I’ll start a blog, do one post (“My life as a single girl with a cat”), and then wonder why no one comments or keeps checking it. Brilliant!

7. Sweet! Thanks!

8. Neat, thanks. All this post needs is something cute and fluffy to go with it.

9. hmm… Maybe I’m more techno-illiterate than I thought. It looks like my blog address has already been taken (wha?) so I can’t register. I’ve tried all sorts of tricks so I guess I’ll just be left behind. Sigh.

10. I got one too – thank you, Meg!

11. On further thought, I think I cursed myself with my First Post Dance. THAT’S why I can’t get a Vox account. Let that be a lesson to the rest of you.

12. I’ve been a member over there for a couple of months now ( http://cafechristina.vox.com ), though I haven’t posted in a while. I got sick a couple times in a row (food poisoning and colds) and wasn’t much in the blogging mood for a while. I just got over a cold, so maybe I’ll jump back into the fray.

For anyone who signs up, check out the templates. There are dog and cat layout choices. All we need are hamsters. ;)

13. Oooh, thanks for that! I was kinda upset when the same layouts came to LiveJournal and I couldn’t use the ScribbleCat Gray one (because I’m not a paid member), so this makes me quite happy – I can now have a layout dedicated to my own kitty, even if I never update the page. :)

14. Thanks so much, Cute O!

Ummm… what’s Cute O’s URL in Vox? :D

15. oh my, neighborhood just went to the dogs, erm, cats.
    yeppers, I is in! w00t!

probably won’t do anything with it, I do all my writing here… ;P

16. Ohh, could I have an invite please? Thanks (=

17. goofyg,

click on the link “GET IN FREE” on the list line of Meg’s post, or copy’n’paste the address in your browser:
    and follow instructions to enter your email address. you will get an email back from VOX with a code to enter in the invitation page. NOTE: for me, entering the code resulted in a ‘invalid code’ message. I followed the 2nd method which is to go the link in the email and that worked fine.

good luck, hth

18. erm, on the first line of above post,
    “click on the link “GET IN FREE” on the list line of Meg’s post”

should be:
    “click on the link “GET IN FREE” on the FIRST line of Meg’s post

19. Woohooo thangQ for this update. I’ve joined and gonna have a ball!!!

20. DavidBoBavid says:

lol.. so typepad called you up, and said, ‘hey, you’re using too much bandwidth? go with our competitor and leave us alone.’

i’d sign up.. but i already have a website i don’t use and a myspace page.. :-S

21. Yea, I realized that after I had posted the comment, thanks for your instructions anyways!! Thought it was like gmail where you needed the persons email, etc.

22. hey DBoD, I think that Vox is a product from SixApart, the makers of TypePad.

maybe they figure we are a bunch of spinsters and gentlemen bachelors that will post endlessly about “Muffy did this” and “Floppy sneezed! it was sooooo cute!”. ya know, the kind of stuff noone would read. ;)

23. no prob goofyg, glad you got in!

24. cool, thanks! I’m in! :)

25. AmyH,

noooo, don’t get left behind! wha happened? is http://singlegirlwithcat.vox.com already taken? how’s about Amy’n’Elvis.vox.com?

and don’t worry if all the CO invites get taken before you get back. I gots five [proudly preens] so I’ll save one for ya!

26. DavidBoBavid says:

“maybe they figure we are a bunch of spinsters and gentlemen bachelors”

mariser: aren’t we? at least i am.. haha.

can we add friends to other blogs on vox, like how myspace works? now i’m getting tempted. the last thing i need is a 3rd blog not to use.. but i love teh free and limited. lol..

27. I’m in. Now I need to do the formatting and think of something to say. :D

28. I signed up a while ago to document my kitty Krammer’s battle with kitty anorexia. i just uploaded a 38MB video (< 2mins)of me "assist-feeding him", so I'll say I'm impressed with VOX's capabilities!

29. I signed up a while ago to document my kitty Krammer’s battle with kitty anorexia. i just uploaded a 38MB video (< 2mins)of me "assist-feeding him", so I'll say I'm impressed with VOX's capabilities!

30. I signed up a while ago to document my kitty Krammer’s battle with kitty anorexia. i just uploaded a 38MB video (< 2mins)of me "assist-feeding him", so I'll say I'm impressed with VOX's capabilities!

31. I signed up a while ago to document my kitty Krammer’s battle with kitty anorexia. i just uploaded a 38MB video (< 2mins)of me "assist-feeding him", so I'll say I'm impressed with VOX's capabilities!

32. I signed up a while ago to document my kitty Krammer’s battle with kitty anorexia. i just uploaded a 38MB video (< 2mins)of me "assist-feeding him", so I'll say I'm impressed with VOX's capabilities!

33. I signed up a while ago to document my kitty Krammer’s battle with kitty anorexia. i just uploaded a 38MB video (< 2mins)of me "assist-feeding him", so I'll say I'm impressed with VOX's capabilities!

34. Does this mean that the CO RSS feed over at LJ won’t work anymore? :(

35. kittensnorgler says:

I wanted to do this, but vox’s terms of service or privacy policy won’t display (after repeated attempts).

Hhhmmm suspicious.
    *shifty eyes*

36. DavidBoBavid says:

37. DBoD sez,

“hey.. i was just thinking that if we all get blogs at this vox place, AND we can add friend blogs similar to myspace, we can have our own little CO community thing going..”

… and add our Frapper Cuteologist maps
    …and

…take over the World!!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA

38. Nobody better steal my blog name ideas!

Because I need it for the blog I’ll never have!!!

:-P

39. DavidBoBavid says:

Ooohhh.. take over the world.. i actually have a really nice picture of myself that I can see working well as a 45ft tall statue..

40. Got mine! Thanks!

Kittensnorgler: check your popup disabler settings in IE, or third party popup blockers if you have them.

41. Yay! I joined! Hey guys I am a lurker and decided to finally say hi. So yea. Hi. Heh.

42. DavidBoBavid says:

hey i went ahead and signed up.. lol.

this is what happens when i have nothing to do at work.

anyway.. here it is if anyone is interested:

hopefully i’ll use it.

thanks meg! :D

43. Katherine&Krammer,

first off, I’m so glad to see Krammer is eating better and improving. I was sooo scared when I read ‘kitty anorexia’, but Kramer seems to be recovering well. !yay!

second, Krammer is gaaahgeous! his face markings are lovely. and Stewart is a cutie.

third, thanks for the chance to see Vox in action. looks pretty good!

44. I’ve been doing the bounce from one service to another – I dumped Live after they blocked embedded video, dumped LiveJournal because I couldn’t take the duh-rama. So w00t, signed up here and I’ll play with it a little. We should use that “URL” function here to add our current vox URLs so people can find us.

No, I didn’t start with this reply. Don’t know for sure what mine is yet – still signing up. ;)

45. Yippee! Thanks, MeggieMoo!!!

XXOOX
    –jaypo

46. I’ll let y’all guess what my URL is…

47. Tony James says:

Meg sex “a BIG PIPE of HAMSTERS.”
    I must have a plumbing problem here at Casa James – I have no hamster pipe :( Is it the one that comes up in the bathroom that I can’t work out what it’s connected to? I hear scratchy noises sometimes – maybe that’s it..? What size valve do I need to tap the pipe and avail myself of hot n’cold running hamsters? Please advise – I wanna ham’roo!! :(

48. Tony James says:

Sorry – that should be “Meg seZ” – it’s Freudian Slip Friday!![blush]

49. Long time lurker, decided to join in on the fun: So here’s mine: http://fatcat.vox.com/ :)

ps: I loooove CO, you make my day! (had to be said!)

50. Teej,

I am not touching that Freudian slip. not even with a 10-foot pole. or dik-dik.

51. hi Katrine/fatcat,

welcome to the neighborhood. make yourself at home. grab a kitten or three. and send over some of those pancakes your boyfriend is making. ;)

52. hey good idea saska..

i guess that neighbour thing is what i was looking for. cool.. :D

so mine’s in here, and i’ll try to remember to keep including it when i post.. i’m going to start adding you people if you post yours. you’ve been warned. ;)

53. i just went and it said all the cuteoverload invites have exceeded for this event?! :( i had to submit my email and got a message saying vox will email me when a spot becomes available. *pout*

54. ZydeKitten says:

WAAAAH!!! I just missed getting in on the coolio Vox action – oh well, and I would have used it too . . .

:-(

55. I shall take the cuteness of my *greyhounds* and move on over to Vox! Blogger’s been giving me fits lately anyway. Not up & running yet, but it’s at http://www.greyhoundsinseattle.vox.com

56. I cannot believe that 1000 invites got used up in ~ 8 hours. in the middle of the night. whoa!

I’m sorry not everybody got it. this is what I can do: when I signed in to Vox I got five (5) invites [I’m special, w00t w00t! :P]
    I am saving one for AmyH even though she doesn’t know that yet…

the other four are up for grabs: the first four of you that sends your name and email address to
    mariser@gmail.com
    gets them.

57. DavidBoBavid says:

wow they’re all gone already? :O

so.. how do you add other people.. lol. it’s early, i’ve only had one coffee.. excuse my idiocy. :(

58. DBoB,

I *think* I got it… go to the Vox home, http://www.vox.com/home
    and on the left-hand side, under the Home – Explore – Read… tabs, there is a heading, “Find Neighbors on Vox”
    on the search box put in the name/email/blog address of who you want to add, and click find.

I just added you, btw. 8-)

59. This is me Blog on Vox…add me Arg…cause I am a pirate and a little retarded. http://badkittie2021.vox.com/

60. whoa. color me disappointed…

I bravely put my email out for the world to see and prepared to be overwhelmed by disappointed Vox-less peeps, and… nuthin’
    not a single, stinking, email 8-(

I know is much cooler to be referred by CO, but c’mon!

[pouts, sucks thumb, cries]

61. mariser — i just emailed you. :) thanks for your generosity!

62. *tara,

cool! [happy now]

and no generosity involved…Vox just threw them in when I signed on. hope you have fun.

63. Interesting! It’s like a combo of Livejournal, Myspace, and Consumating.

64. Whenever the video I added finishes uploading, I’ll have a post you can comment on to get invites too.

The name now links – to fiendishgleeclub.vox.com.

Found you, mariser. And DavidBoBavid. And must read through comments to find others.

65. yay!
    anteros.vox.com
    add me :)

66. Hey peeps:

We’re putting more invites up now. Glad to see the Cute Overload community is getting on Vox. We hope you bring stories, photos, and videos of your pets with you. See you on Vox!

- Ginger at Six Apart

67. Mariser!!! You so totally rock!!! I tried five times to register and I couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t working. Now I see everyone’s all creative with the names and I was just going for plain ol’ AmyH. (I wanted people to be able to find me. Sniff.)

As much I’m worried it will hurt my dating chances, I still have to go with ‘singlegirlwithcat’. What the heck. As I like to say, if we can’t laugh at ourselves, we’re missing a lot of opportunities to smile.

Now – I’m not sure what I need to do. Help, Mariser!

68. hey AmyH,

I’m glad you stopped by!. I’m sending you an invite right now to the email address that shows under your name ( I hope is correct)…

I hafta go to a meeting right now…, but I’m sure other peeps can take over if you have questions.

see you in Vox!

69. TJ – I’m thinking Freudian Slip Friday should be a regular feature.
    Maybe we could combine it with my old Photo Bonus Friday idea, somehow.

70. I entered my email address (ok, ok, addresses) last night but never got any invitations. (Not even in the spam folder.) I feel so left out! Please keep the party going until I get there! :(

71. I’m in! This could be fun. Or cute. Hopefully both.

72. Woo hoo! I’m in! Thankeeeee Mariser! I’m now officially singlegirlwithcat.vox.com.

This weekend I’ll have to explore this thing you people call ‘blog’. It scares and confuses me.
    /Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer voice.

73. AuntieMame says:

Oh, I’ve signed up as “Mallika” and not AuntieMame, since AM is actually a character in a copyrighted book, and I’m not sure about this legal stuff.:)

I’ll have to figure out how to add all you folks to my friends list when I’m not at work and have some time.

74. warrior rabbit says:

AmyH, that’s funny because I had wondered what name you tried that was taken. Then I started thinking what names you could use. Like, ‘singlegirlwithacat’ or ‘quietilivewithacat,’ ‘elvislovesme,’ or ‘ownedbyelvis.’ (I’m kind of partial to the latter two.)

Glad to see you got in. singlegirlwithcat is good. :)

75. Oh, Warrior Rabbit – those names are great! elvislovesme would have been fantastic. Oh, well. I can take comfort in the fact that Elvis DOES love me. :-)

76. thanks mariser, and to the other that have added me so far..

wow.. i’m really striving to be the dumbest person on CO today.. but when someone adds me to their neighbourhood, are they automagically added to mine? i’m looking at this thing trying to figure out where people are..

this is why i lurk more often than not.. cause when i post i make myself look stupid.. lol. *cries*

i know this can’t be as hard as i’m making it out to be. i blame being at the office. i’ll figure this out this weekend.

77. Suh-weet! Thanks a million!

78. My vox is “Teho” (creative, eh?)

79. Yay! More invites have been added. I just got around to checking this out again now after a very quick look this morning and mucho work in between. Anywho, I now officially have a second blog with nothing in it!

80. DavidBoBavid: Nah, not stupid. I don’t think it’s particularly intuitive, their design. I can limp around since I’m well-versed in livejournal and flickr, and it echoes both of those.

People are not automatically added to your neighborhood when they add you – if you click their name, in the top info bar it will say that the person is not yet in your neighborhood, or somesuch, and it has a link labeled “edit” – which is where you can add the person to your neighborhood.

*goes to add teho*

81. DavidBoDavid – I’m giving you a strong challenge for the title. I will also spend more hours than I should trying to figure this out this weekend. Then we can be neighbors!

(sing song voice)
    Would you like to be my neighbor?
    /end tribute to Mr. Rogers

82. ka9q's wife says:

I added my self last night under the heavy influence of half of an ambien. It must of worked despite my fuzzy mind as i have mail from them this morning. Let that be a lesson kids drugs and CO don’t mix.

83. ka9q's wife says:

84. ka9q's wife says:

85. ka9q's wife says:

86. ka9q's wife says:

87. ka9q's wife says:

88. Whee! another blog that I’ll seldom use! But that’s okay. It won’t stop me from adding people as friends. And maybe, every so often, I’ll actually post something!

I lurk most of the time, but read just about every day.

89. ka9q's wife says:

oh i added myself under roisin if anyone cares to add me to their neighbor list

90. ka9q's wife says:

oh i added myself under roisin if anyone cares to add me to their neighbor list

91. ka9q's wife says:

oh i added myself under roisin if anyone cares to add me to their neighbor list

92. ka9q's wife says:

oh i added myself under roisin if anyone cares to add me to their neighbor list

93. ka9q's wife says:

oh i added myself under roisin if anyone cares to add me to their neighbor list

94. ka9q's wife says:

oh i added myself under roisin if anyone cares to add me to their neighbor list

95. Never had a blog before, don’t think I have anything really cool to say. But we’ll see!

96. warrior rabbit says:

I’m reticent to admit that I’ve signed up, because I don’t know when I’ll spruce it up or whether I’ll post much…but I’ve moved into the CO block now. Won’t you be my neighbor? warriorrabbit.vox.com

(Like DavidBoBavid…can’t pass up the freebie.)

97. Tony James says:

But I can’t work out how to add fiends n’neighbours :( this may be related to my BigPipeofHamsterslessness…

98. DavidBoBavid says:

Oh.. i keep forgetting..

if everyone gets invites when they sign up, i don’t mind giving them out to people here that may need them..

that is if i can figure out how to do that.. rofl.

anyway.. thanks for the adds people, keep them coming. i’ll have a vox party this weekend and add everyone back and put some nonsense up there. :D

99. Yay for free things! Thank you! Your site keeps me sane.

100. teh Teej sez,

“…add fiends n’neighbours”

fiends? Fiends? FIENDS?

TJ, you are really in the spirit of FSF, yes?

101. chillinkzp says:

thanks meg / CO! i just signed up!

102. this is what I want to know

why hasn’t Meg added *moi* as a friend/fiend&neighbor?

mood:
    /sad
    //pouty
    ///NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME
    ////I’M GONNA GO LISTEN TO LINKIN PARK

103. Tony James says:

Mariser – fiends, yes! :D
    Don’t know what FSF is, though – do I need that sort of valve to get the hamsters out of my pipe? I went to the hardware store and explained the problem earlier, and they told me that they had a number of valves for the purpose, but it depended on the size of the hamsters. Apparently if you chose a valve that’s too small, the hamsters squirt out and go “!SPLOFF!” against the tiles. Too large, and you suffer from lack of adequate hamster pressure and they just sort of trickle out and go “phlumph” on the floor.
    I shall tell them I need an FSF valve – presumably it stands for Faucet – Standard Floofitude?

104. theTeej,

FSF is “Freudian Slip Friday” from T.’s post of 9:41AM. (I have the nagging suspicion you knew that)…

but I like “Faucet – Standard Floofitude”. wonder if they have at Home Depot?

105. Tony James says:

You have to special order it – this is a good reason not to go to Home Despot, but take your business to the neighbourhood mom n’pop who know what they’re talking about. “Ah yes, a hamster valve – let me see now…hmmm…gerbil taps? No…hyrax retractors? No…ah, here we are – hamster valves. Now, sir – what is the size of the hamster? Oh, that’s very important – you see, the hamster valves have to be fitted with flow limiters to prevent too many hamsters coming out at once. The city mandates 10 HPM (hamsters per minute) as the maximum flow. Of course, removing the limiter is very easy, like this, see…”
    Keep your local small businesses in business – you know it makes sense. (This message was sponsored in part by the Hamster Valve, Weasel Widget, and Overflow Stoat Manufacturers of America)

106. Okay, okay. Me, too.

Actually, I’ve been wanting a blog. Let’s see how it goes.

107. AuntieMame aka Mallika.vox.com says:

How does one know if one has been added to someone else’s neighborhood list? I’m seeing only a list of the people I’ve added to my neighborhood list.

108. tehTeej,

“…sponsored in part by the HV,WW,aOSMoA.”
    oh, yes, the HV,WW,aOSMoA. better listen. don’t want to mess with dem gouyses. I hear they know where Jimmy Hoffa was made into heros.

and sir, you continue to be the indisputed king of inspired silliness. tip o’ the hat to you. and here’s a (virtual) pint to you: what’s your pleasure?

109. AuntieM,

I’m not sure… mine is setup so Vox sends me an email, have you checked yours lately?

of course, maybe there are ways to add/be added without sending emails.

110. you guys r silly says:

(I feel like the last kid standing there in line in gym class waiting to be picked…)
    I got in vox!
    Can I play with you guys???

111. bunnajenny says:

I’m late to the party, but I brought pudding!

Up and entirely devoid of content at bunnajenny.vox.com

112. I recently put up a blog on Vox, but I can’t seem to locate one for cute overload. I wonder if I’m not doing a search properly.

113. Thanks Meg!

I’m giving this a whirl. If any of you want to read about my single girl with cat(s) (yes, there are a lot of us out there)…here I am: http://holycow.vox.com/

114. you guys r silly says:

Guess I should have asked this BEFORE i joined, but:
    I know it’s free to JOIN but is there a monthly (or any other kind of) fee???

115. AuntieM – I’ve been getting e-mails when folks (like you, thanks!) have added me. Also, when I’m looking at the list of people I’ve put in my neighborhood, I have a link I can click to see who put me in *their* neighborhood.

But! I think things are a wee bit slow today. I’ve seen a couple of funny errors and glitches. So maybe it’s just taking a while for notifications and updates?

116. Tony James says:

Michelle – We Lofs Da Jake!! :)

117. YGRS — I doubt it. If that was the case, you’d’ve been asked for billing & credit info when you signed up.

118. AuntieMame says:

*quickly runs to check email*

O, yes, I’ve checked my email! I check it all the time…

*whistles innocently*

119. Ok I am in. Thanks Meg. I only have dialup mode, but i still got in. LOL……gonna be fun. I agree we should form a CO neighborhood to explode on the web.

120. porcelaintoad says:

Another one joins the cuteoverload movement on vox!

Thanks meg :)

feel free to add me to all your neighborhoods! go cuteologists go!!

121. Add me to yur vox please! http://badkittie2021.vox.com/

122. you guys r silly says:

Thank you Theo!
    &:o)

123. you guys r silly says:

And you guys: Add me to your neighborhoods please!
    &:o)

124. Too bad it VOX isn’t compatible with Mac Safari browser. Hope they do as they say they will, and get it up to speed soon. You’ll see me online then…

125. w00t! Thanks Meg! I am now at lurkertype.vox.com

Yay us!

126. Yeah, so this is me, but I’m still tooling around trying to figure the darn thing out, like, uhhhh, adding people. I know I’ve had a long day, but geeeeeeez….

Big thanks to Meg!!!!!

127. omg,

I come home to find out that I’ve finally achieved my high school dream. I am, , …… popular!

big thanks and kitten kisses to all of you who have added me to your VOX neighborhoods. XOXOXOXO. I am busy adding of all y’all back. this is fun!

128. People!

I am so busy adding and commenting I can’t even get my page set up!

Rilly, mariser’s right — finally, we are the cool kids!

129. For all you looking for a shorter way to add a bunch of the cuteoverloaders from these comments to your vox blog – I’m trying to do a comprehensive cute overload neighborhood on vox.

So, if I’ve missed you, just email and I’ll fix eet. Otherwise, feel free to use my neighborhood for your link-ups too! (they’re solely cuteoverloaders atm).

130. ptoad,

thanks! I am sooo afraid I’m missing someone. I’ll come by later to check.

131. Thanks for the 411 Meg. I was just thinking it was time to start a blog.

132. ptoad,

you are the greatest! I just added *a whole bunch* of peeps in seconds!

folks, check ptoads link (3:54PM post). it is teh niftee. and porcelaintoad, thanks again for doing this.

133. porcelaintoad says:

So glad to be of help! Pretty soon we’ll take over the vox network! ;)

Again, if I’m missing any of you please let me know! (i’ll still keep checking for new comments too) Thanks! http://toady.vox.com/profile/neighbors/

134. brownamazon says:

So, I’m in Quebec City at some lameo conference and thought I missed all the vox peep action (vox pop? get it? never mind…) BUT, to my delight, I sent out for an invite and got in (so obbvies 1,000 peeps have not yet signed up). Sign me (what else?) brownamazon.vox.com

135. browna sez,

“got in (so obbvies 1,000 peeps have not yet signed up)”

HA! you haven’t read the whold comments thread, have you? the original 1K invites were *gone* by 7:03AM PDT. but Shoga/Ginger from Vox added a whole bunch more.
    I’m glad you are in! see you around the ‘hood!

136. whold=whole

137. Does Her Megness get anything out of this? Free bandwidth? Extra snorgles? I hope so! Oh, and what’s with the “Free” part? Do people who aren’t invited thusly have to pay to blog on Vox?

138. I’m UP!

139. Thanks for the invite. My little world on Vox may not be so cuteoverloadish, but I’ll post various photos of cats and squirrels that live in my actual neighborhood.

Remember, because of _you_, I have joined the blog world!

140. Yay! I am now in the Vox ‘hood. And as soon as I can figure it all out, I am going to post my “Day at Cute Overload Dream Office” pics. I will remain, as always, g-lo.

141. I have not had time to read comments, info, hints, NUTHin, but…I want to get this Vox thing going and add all of ya! So….if I have questions, I am posting them or emailing all of yo asse$.

*hugs* Lauri

142. PS….can I be a fiend?

143. porcelaintoad says:

Lauri – I’ve added you to my vox list :). If you want, feel free to use my neighbor list to add other cuteoverloaders from these comments! ( http://toady.vox.com/profile/neighbors/ )

144. Yay! First post(for me!)… Would love to play blog with everyone… I have tea! (and some of it is red tea, put milk in it, and it will be pink)… My confirmation code has ‘hug’ in it, is that a good sign?

145. useta hada kitteh says:

Hey, peeps — will ya still be friends with us kids who don’t voxify ourselfs? Hey, I just got brave enough to start commenting on cuteoverload! And now everybody’s running off to play on the monkeybars, and here I am sitting on the swings by myself…

146. Useta — I very much doubt that Cute Overload is prone to comment drought.
    ;)

147. lurkertype says:

We will only stop commenting if Meg stops posting anerable things.

TK is helping mewiththis post.]]

148. hi, guys! i don’t know why, but i can’t find Cute Overload on Vox. does anyone have the URL? :) thanks for the help. :)

149. Oh, useta, you’ll never be alone on CO.

LurkerT – I’m glad TK is helping. Elvis stays in the same room with me, but he stopped typing a while ago. Darn lack of opposable thumbs and all.

150. I’m loving having this vox blog. I can take pics with my phone and post them to my blog with an email! All from a cell phone! Okay, so I have a SideKick II, but still, just makes typing easier.

All I can say is, I’m glad Meg didn’t mention that there’s this cool bridge we could jump off. :D

151. *giggles at greenighs*
    :D

152. I can’t believe it…peer pressure is making me want a blog!!!
    what to do? what to do???

153. Uh. oh. I entered my email address and they told me an invite has been sent!
    I wonder if it was really just an unvitation. they couldn’t possibly want me to have a blog!
    :-P

154. PS…Auntie Mame…
    I loved your namesake book! Laff out loud funny!

155. Hey, I haven’t gotten my invite. What’s the deal? I’m not a stupid ‘lol that’s soooo cute!!!1′ commenter!

156. Glovy, I got mine, I just clicked on the “Get Vox Now! thing on the right, and entered my email address & got the invite right away
    BTW if anyone is innarested, mine is

Still trying to get the settings right.

157. brownamazon,
    I’m not sure but I think I got it *giggles*

I’m normally a lurker here.I check it out everyday but I believe I’ve only posted 3-4 times >.>
    Anywho, thank you Meg!
    here’s mine if anybody is interested o.O

158. hi Glovy,

nuthin’ about being stupid…don’t say that.
    check your “spam” folder: is possible the Vox invite got caught there.
    if you still haven’t gotten it, post here with your email address (if different from the one that pops when one clicks your profile), and one of us will send you an invite.

noone is getting left behind!

159. Thanks again, Meg! And I’d jump off a bridge if I could do a swan dive into a river of puppies and kittles!

160. Two Sheds Jackson says:

Nope they say they’ve sent an invitation but there’s nuthin’ in my mail – and I keep checkin’ an’ there’s nuthin’- wahhhhh!
    And I don’t have any spam box or filters so phoey all round – I must be undeserving of bloghoodship.

161. Two Sheds Jackson says:

Oops— I just put my real email address in Mariser

162. Ummmm… I signed up!

163. PS THANKS MEG!!! :) :)

(I really needed another thing to keep me on the internet, hahahaha)

I left for 2 hours for a pedicure & quick shoppin gtrip & came back to 12 emails from Vox peeps! WHOA! I am busy today, I could spend all day on there, but I probably won’t even get to play Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood till tomorrow night! I added a few but I really don’t have the time right now!
    Later peeps & thanks for the adds.

164. lurkertype says:

Now my problem is keeping straight CO names and Vox names!

165. 2SJ,

hi just sent you my last invite. I hope it works. if it does, remove your real email address from here so you dont’ get any(more) span you already do!

166. Thanks Meg! I’ll give it a whirl!

167. That’s nice =) I signed up! mine? choo.vox.com

168. http://choo.vox.com dont mean to spam, it’s just that didn’t form a link ^3^

169. Yay, I have been in. And am reporting it just now. Cuz I’m a dork.

170. Mindy – I’m a dork too, I went to Porcelaintoad’s Vox account and I can’t figure out how to add anyone but her to my Neighborhoo. So, dear Porcelaintoad, could you add me to the CuteOverload bunch, and I’ll work on figuring out how to add all y’all to mine. I’m at http://hrh.squeak.vox.com/
    (hope this becomes a link!)
    Thanks, The Squeaker

171. Squeak — the main thing is you need to be signed in. That link is in the top right of your Vox page. Once you’ve signed in, just go to anyone else’s Vox, and in the top *left*, you’ll see a couple of lines like this:

“This is Team Vox’s blog
    “You’re not connected to Team Vox (edit)”

Just click on “(edit)” and you’ll get the options menu for adding that blogger to your neighborhood.

By the way, your URL is actually http://hrhsqueak.vox.com/

172. HRH – if you go to PorcelainToad’s neighbourhood, once you’re signed in, simply right-click on the peeps there – if they’re not already in your neighbourhood, it gives you the option to add them. Super duper easy! (well, once I figured it out, too, that is)

173. Thanks Meg =)
    I made one too. http://jennajellopy.vox.com/

Hello Boys and Girls.

*sings* Oh please, won’t you be…my neighbor?

174. porcelaintoad says:

Squeek, I’ve got ya in the ‘ol list…but from that link of my neighbours, if you are signed in, you should be able to ‘hover over’ any of the people’s thumbnails, and ‘add to neighborhood’ (at least if you’re using firefox this works).

good luck! (do yell if you still can’t get it to work)

btw, we’re up to 60 CO’ers! :) Go cute overload go! (and if I’m missing anyone please let me know and i’ll add ya)

175. Holy crumoleum, I can’t keep up with ya’ll. I’m http://mfrost.vox.com

176. wOOt!! wOOt!! I’m invited into some neighborhoods!! I feel all popular and such. What fun!! Now I will blog and link pictures of my ratties and my catties and my horsie “neigh-se” (the filly my sister owns, is a pun, if a rotten one). wOOt, I say again unto you!!

177. I’m an old CO lurker, and I’ve just joined up as well…

178. Hey cute peeps – I’ve been so busy getting into and working on my Vox page that I have totally missed out on all the conversations here. Now thats some major catch-up tI have to do!
    Come check out my page!