Just TRY and BRUSH YOUR TEETH

'Cause I ain't gonna let 'cha.

Crest, AIM, or Colgate—it don't mattah! Step out my sink, yo.

Oh, and Paws up, Bitches [holds pose]

Teef_brusher

Thanks, Rebecca L., Who finds her kitteh like this 'All the time'.

Comments

1. Ok, that cat is just too adorable.

(Also, long time visitor, first time poster! ^^; )

2. OMG LOL I don’t know how many times I’ve had to *move* a cat to wash my hands, etc…

3. hah! I’ll brush my teeth AND let water drip on your belly. that’ll learn you to sit on the sink.
    [yeah, right. just let me find the kevlar bodysuit first]
    bodacious eyes, yo. and beautumous mittens.

4. hi Squinky!

5. Lookit the big toes! I want to poke them.

6. KITTEH!

Look at the belly, just waiting to be snorgled!

Look at the crazy eyes, just promising to maul any hand that approacheth!

7. I would SO forego brushing my toofs, if only this kitteh would let me snuffle her belly.

But alas and alack, I have no kittehs in my sink, and my darling husband is allergified to them.

*sigh*

8. mejezabel says:

it’s the PAWS!!! Lordy!

9. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *breathes* Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*faints*

10. tugg's mom says:

why won’t my boys ever do anything that cute….

11. tugg's mom says:

why won’t my boys ever do anything that cute….

12. tugg's mom says:

why won’t my boys ever do anything that cute….

13. tugg's mom says:

why won’t my boys ever do anything that cute….

14. tugg's mom says:

why won’t my boys ever do anything that cute….

15. tugg's mom says:

why won’t my boys ever do anything that cute….

16. Tosies, fluffy tummy Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee clunk

17. Is he holding something? Like a miniture bar of soap (yellow something on the top paw)
    perhaps.

Ok, kitteh, spray bottle time!

18. you guys r silly says:

no no no —
    it’s
    teh HEAD TOP & EARSIES
    *SQUISHIED*
    against the side of the sink!!!
    &:o)
    *squishied head top kitteh!*

19. ygrs,

heh, flatop kitteh.

20. I lurve how his head is smushed.

21. you guys r silly says:

and those *EYES* are just
    *begging*
    you to “come down and please just gently schnorgle my lovely little tummy, so I can
    GRAB YOUR HEAD AND BUNNEH-KICK THE LIVIN’ BEJESUS OUTTA YA!!!
    won’t you please???”
    (innocent little kitteh eyes…&:o)

22. Awww, I just wanna play with the widdle paws… and snorgle the belly! He’s all smooshed and fluffy… :)

23. brownamazon says:

Hah! Ours won’t even budge if we turn on the tap. We physically have to lift him out… and don’t get me started on the wet pawprints all over the counter.

24. Kris, in New England says:

I lurve the preciseness of the curled front paws – even the mitten markings are purrrfect.

Ah – kittehs…

25. I feel like the Bismark.

I’ve been sunk.

Good. God. A cat in a sink. I need to lie down.

26. Cats!
    In!
    Sinks!
    YAY!!!

(Spot the Satisfactory does this EVERY night, sometimes for HOURS, while waiting for one of us to come in & turn on the lovely lovely tap-water drizzle.)

27. that cat is FOLDED! look at the angle there!

28. A thinker says:

[hee hee] at the smushed head and ears.

Maybe I am evil, but it is hilarious to contemplate kitty’s reaction should said faucet be turned on full-force to the belly.

MROWSH! (lightning-fast bolt of cat)

29. miss belle says:

Cute! (Of course, duh)
    but my fave part?
    Paws UP, Bitches!!!
    Thanks for that, Meg.

30. Tony James says:

A fine example of the 90/90/90 or “Three Nines” position, and the forst time we’ve seen it in competition at these games – as we can see, the spine is bent at 90 degrees vertically (allowing the cat to fit in the sink) and then twisted through 90 degrees enabling the back legs to lie flat but the upper body to face upwards. Worth an 9.0 from judges at any competition (which accounts for the name of the position), additional points are awarded for the Flat-Top Head and paws in “Paddles Up” position (anyone else remember this show with John Noakes?). The fact that the cat is lying the “wrong” way in the sink (based on the shape of the basin) means that this olympian can be assured of at least a bronze, depending on the performance of the much-feared team from Tibet, the Terrible Tibetan Twistie-Kitties as they have become known. Of course, we also have the East German team to come, the Schngorlgetvistybasinkittymannschaft, returning to international competition this year after their ban for using contortion-enhancing ‘nip at Poughkeepsie games in ’89.
    Now back to John at the parallel bars.

31. Ready to grab yr. toothbrush right outcha hand!

32. That looks REALLY uncomfortable! But I bet he’s just loving it. Cuuuuuuute kitty!

33. Awww… how cute. Reminds me of my kitty but I have a different problem. I have a ultra slow leak in the bath tub faucet. My cat will sit in the tub forever staring at the faucet waiting for a single drip of water to swat then lick off her paw.

34. misskitka says:

this picture makes me happysad. We adopted an oldmancat who, as it turned out, was very sick (bum heart, bum kidneys)…but we loved him and took care of him and he was a sweetheart.

He LOVED to curl up in the sink…my husband affectionately called him Herr Klag…get it?

35. Neighborhood Kitty Haven says:

Fabulous, absolutely fabulous Tony James! I must say I have seen a lot of cats in sinks, but never with the “Flat-Top Head”. I think this could be a 9.8.

36. teej,

you are, absolutely, the King of the Radio Color Commentary.
    same as Aub is the Queen of all Puns.

37. misskitka – yep, got it. :o)

38. For more cats in sinks go to http://www.catsinsinks.com
    Enjoy!

39. Here come ol’ flat top, he come… GROOOVIN’ up slowly….

misskitka– Herr Klag? LOL!

40. Gah! It looks just like my two cats. Its soooo cute!!!
    Yet my evil side would eventually try and open the faucet just to see what would happen… I am a bad, bad person.

41. Theo – yes, like your Spot the Satisfactory, I have a couple that will sit and wait for the lovely lovely tap-water drizzle. And then when they’ve had enough, they will lay down and get their backsides soaked. Silly kitties!

42. AuntieMame says:

It’s not a leaky faucet, so I’m not sure what that’s all about…

43. Beauregard says:

Oh man, I just opened CuteO and began laughing. Too funny!

44. “I just “housesat” for a cat who won’t drink from her water dish unless it’s in the bathtub under the faucet.

It’s not a leaky faucet, so I’m not sure what that’s all about…”

Ha! And Herr Klag?! Double ha! Just too much.
    My kitten doesn’t curl up in the sink yet, but I imagine he will. He loves the bathtub and sink. However, if he’s on the counter while I’m brushing my teeth, at the moment of spittage he recoils with a look of completely horrified disgust. I apologize for my grossness every time.

45. The paws are like that for a reason: the kitteh is mimicking the faucet he sees floating above him by creating his own paw-set.

46. he’s great!

47. I want to see an extreme close-up of the paws. Especially the back paws. They’re particularly juicy.

48. Lol, Aubrey!

And TJ….heeelarious! The Terrible Tibetan Twistie-kitties….that’s just….scary!

I LOVE the markings on this kitty.

Skwerly, don’t give up hope…they are engineering dander-free kittys as we speak!

Herr Klag had a wonderful home to finish out his life in…no need to be sad…except for missing him. *hugs*

49. At least yours just sit and watch the faucet; my siamese sits and meows incessantly until I come and turn it on for her. I finally broke down and bought a kitty bubbler so they could all have fresh running water all the time. Sometimes it helps.

50. cats are weird.

that’s why I luvs ‘em.

51. “Sometimes it helps.”

Lindr, that’s kind of cute or sad in itself.

My Tumbleweed only wants to drink out of a glass filled with water placed in the sink. When I’m done brushing my teeth, I have to refill the glass and replace it. I’m so well trained that I find myself doing it in hotels on business trips, when there’s no kitty around.

52. misskitka says:

thanks Lauri…Herr Klag was a great cat…smart too…he learned how to turn on the clock radio to wake us up when he was hungry…we kept his food on our nightstand so we could just feed him on demand

I’ve been thinking a lot about Herr Klag (aka Tiger) lately…another oldie (but goodie) found us exactly one year ago (Labor Day 2005)…she (Poppet) is a love, and we nursed her from 3 lbs to 10 lbs (thyroid/intestinal probs)….but I worry that she won’t be with us long…I have lost a few cats in the last 6 years or so…but I wouldn’t trade my time with them for anything

Sorry to be a downer…

53. misskitka:

Reading about someone’s love for an animal is never a downer. Got any pictures of the kits?

54. misskitka says:

Aubrey,

I do have some pics…unfortunately not of Herr Klag…need to delve into the newfangled ways to post…glad for Theo’s advice to others and my husband’s innate genius in this area

I am trying to get the *perfect* picture of Poppet…she has a certain Colbertian gravitas at times

55. I don’t think my kitties do this (though I have been finding a lot of cat hair in the bathroom lately).

My previous cat used to play ball by himself in the middle of the night by taking toys into the tub, sitting over the drain, and hitting the toys so they would go up the tub’s back wall and roll back to him. I eventually learned to sleep through it.

56. We only get Cats in Tubs.

A previous owner routed the forced air heating under the bathtub — it comes out of the floor vent into a closed box, and emerges from a small grill in the side.

So all the heat in the bathroom is in the tub.
    So if the heat is on, there is a cat in the tub, melted.

Makes it difficult to use the tub in the winter, but at least we know where the boy is.

But he’s always just flatout melted, none of this fancy foreign Schngorlgetvistybasinkittymannschaft
    (snort, TJ) for him, just fur rug time, and don’t mess with him.

And usually, if you are thinking of getting into a tub, you aren’t really dressed for retrieving large crabby cats…

57. Brak_Silverbone says:

As much as there’s numerous other elements of this photo that are wonderful, it’s the patented Crazed Glare* that does me in!

*just like the “pre-pounce” photo from a couple days ago!

58. We only get Cats in Tubs.

So all the heat in the bathroom is in the tub.
    So if the heat is on, there is a cat in the tub, melted.

(snort, TJ) for him, just fur rug time, and don’t mess with him.

59. Oops.
    Sorry about double post.
    (Haunted keyboard???)

60. In my husband’s scary old bachelor pad, the hot water heater was in a closet in the corner of the bathroom. And a water pipe ran from it, under the built-in bathtub, through the wall, and into the laundry room next door. It should be noted that there were holes in the walls that the pipe passed that were quite a bit larger than the actual pipe.

Anyway. We were unaware of all of this until the first time I spent the weekend there with my cat, Lucille. When I opened her carrier for the first time, she made a mad dash into the laundry room and disappeared. We searched and fretted when we couldn’t find her until we heard a tell tale “meow” coming from the bathroom. Yep. She had squeezed though the wall, squirmed under the tub, and wound up in the closet with the water heater. She soon discovered that she could also make detours into the built-in hamper and his bedroom closet…all without ever seeing the light of day. Sometimes, you’d be in the tub and you could hear her walking around under there. It was weird.

61. More Ker-aaazy Eyes! Awright!

62. chaosisorder says:

Look at the *size* of those back feet!

Bunneh kick to the face, indeed if a snorgle attempt was made.

My husband would also like to suggest “Honk-shu if you snorgle” as a bumper sticker suggestion…

63. missy-
    cats do have a habit of showing us new ways to inhabit spaces
    (sometimes involving passing through other dimensions; sometimes simply passing through improbable exits)

64. Yes, Brak! The Crazed Glare was my favorite part, too! And the prepounce glare….oh man, when that one came up on my screen, even tho’ I was expecting it cuz I saw the Headline first, I just started cracking up. That kitten was so perfect!

65. “‘Honk-shu if you snorgle’ as a bumper sticker”… I do like that, ChaosIsOrder.

66. Chaos,

I second that. “Honk-shu if you snorlge” is perfect. two cuteisms and a pun. is like being in the comments.

67. Denita TwoDragons says:

“Honk-shu if you snorgle”? Definite bumper decoration for the discerning Cuteologist! Great idea!

–TwoDragons

68. OMG….the paws are enough to kill me. The altimate in cattitude! and awesome bumper sticker idea! Sign me up!

69. Hey, does that website have an inordinately high number of marmalade kitties?

70. R. Moore,

if this was a perfect world, *everywhere* would have an inordinately high number of marmalade kitties…
    ;-)

71. No, there would be no kitties whatsoever on the streets or in shelters or hospitals. Now THAT would be a perfect world.

72. Well $#!%… if this were a *perfect* world, we’d all BE marmalade kitties.
    ;)

73. Theo – I second that. In fact, in my next life, I’m coming back as a well-loved house cat.

74. AuntieMame says:

I’m not a bumper sticker kind of gal, but I would totally put a “Honk-shu if you snorgle” sticker on my car.

And someone find a crowbar. I think kitteh is stuck in the sink.

75. teej, as always you crack me up! Your imagination is boundless.

As with AuntieM, I’m not a bumper sticker kinda gal either, but I’d put one of those on my car def.

76. I have just been blown away by all of today’s photos again. See, most of the day, at my work computer, I face a large window (I know, lucky me), and the glare/brightness of the window makes the pictures on CO seem not as vivid. But when I come home, in the evening, there’s no washout effect, and I get them with full luminosity and it’s like getting them all as new posts. What a treat!

77. (Not that I’ve been at work up until now, 11 p.m.-ish Toronto-time. Anyway, g’night, Peeps.)

78. VEGAN Marmelade cats! :P That way no cute thing would ever be harmed…

(Of course in human form I eat meat still… But if I could be a cat I might as well be a vegan cat!)

79. Wow, back from vacay and now have TONS of pics and comments to get through. Whew, good thing I still have tomorrow off before I have to head back to work. So, who missed me (besides my cat, that is)? ;-)

80. POPULARITY CONTEST FOR ARBED! W00T!!
    Sheesh.

(I kid. Welcome back.)
    (Pay no attention to the commentroversy behind the curtain.)

81. Pbbbbllllltttttt Theo

/waits ’til Theo turns away then flings a pudding skin at the back of his head, frisbee-style

82. Perfect world:

No homeless pets
    I get to have a kitteh
    Pizza at my door every day
    The therapy works on my ‘puddin’ elbow’ so I can fling with freedom once again
    Meg becomes independently wealthy
    I become independently wealty
    WE ALL become independently wealthy

83. Suddenly I feel… strange.
    [snif]
    …and I smell PUDDINS.
    [scratches head]

EWWWWWWWWWW

84. HA! That’ll learn ya to make fun of me!

Can’t believe I touched a puddin’ skin, though…..

/shivers

85. [creaky rope noise]
    [droplet of flan appears mysteriously upon Arbed's shoulder]
    [then another]

86. Arbed:

Try to purchase these: http://www.afmo.com/Damascus_Gloves_s/458.htm&Click=67?OVRAW=kevlar%20gloves&OVKEY=kevlar%20gloves&OVMTC=standard
    have them sent to you pudding-haste; upon delivery, put them on immediately, and you then can handle any pudding detrius with all impunity.

87. Your husband is a genius, Chaos! Honk-shu if you snorgle is perfect!

I missed you Arbed!!!

Thanks for wishing independent wealth on ALL of us, Aubrey.

And, can you really throw a pudding like a frisbee? That I would love to see!

Blah, it’s 535 am, off to work. Blah, blah, blah.

Have a luffly day, all.

88. Oh, I did want to say, Aubrey, those gloves in that ad are creeeeeeepy! A bunch of disembodied hands creepin’ around. Icky McIckersons!

89. This is WAY too cute. I’m off to adopt 10 kittens…

90. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Aubrey why only wealty for you but wealthy for us?

91. Brownamazon, the newest addition to our kitteh family (he makes our 4th – with one of them being 25 lbs) is the exact same way – As soon as I turn the faucet on, he is playing in the water, and there’s no getting him out. He used to jump in the shower with me as well, but seems to have grown out of that phase. I too love all the wet kitteh prints all over the bathroom (and through much of the house)

92. Re previous comments about heating ducts and vents in the bathroom: My house has all its heating vents along the ceiling (?) except in the bathroom (we think remodeled at some point in time) where there is one along the baseboard, next to the tub. So this is the main spot for kittehs to take naps in the winter. At one time I had a cornish rex foster cat (keee-ute!). This little guy was so smart! He could be sitting in the kitchen with me, way on the other end of the house from the bathroom, and as soon as the heat would kick on, he would *run* like the dickens to claim that spot in front of the heat vent. Now, how did he put that together – noise coming from closet = heat coming from wall in bathroom. Amazing!

93. you guys r silly says:

*yay* for the
    “pudding skin”
    reference!!!
    And hello/welcome back, arbed!
    &:o)
    P.S. and
    *thank*you*
    for the wish for independent wealth for ALL of us, including ME, Aubrey!
    I NEEDED that!

94. BunnyWings says:

It’s weird, I don’t know why but my cats never like the sink. They prefer bath tubs.

95. hi arbed, welcome back! hope you had a good vacay
    and I can predict with certainty when we all become not only independently but also *fabulously wealthy: April 1 2008
    mark it in your calendars, peeps!

96. See… this is the *real* reason you get your own entry.
    ;)

97. ;-) ;-)

right back atcha T.

98. you guys r silly says:

*YAY*! ! !
    for
    April 1, 2008 !!!!!!!
    &:o)

99. wicked cute tabby. love the ‘tude (and the paws). that cat is ready for huggin.

100. Bwah! I scrolled down just enough to read the title, then a bit more to see the picture…and literally LOL’d.
    That’s a great shot, perfectly captured!

101. Re: kittehs in bathrooms: This morning as I got ready for work I had one in the sink, one drinking droplets out of the tub, one drinking from the potty (ugh–there is a full waterbucket a foot away) and two draped across the back of the sink waiting to shove the one in the sink under the water stream. And my husband wonders why I demand a new toothbrush weekly.

102. YAY!!! Kitteh in sink!

103. misscrisp says:

Aubrey- your pawns always make me laugh. squeeeeky pawcet!
    and hells yeah
    Honk-shu if you Snorgle!
    I want one.

104. Honk-Shu if you Snorgle!! Perfection! I want one :-))

105. little gator says:

Im speechless with SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

106. I soooo want to turn on the tap!

107. My cat used to sit in the bidet in one of our former appartments! Yes, we had a bidet, and it was only used by him. I would turn the water on and off, and he loved the gurgle sounds the water would make while draining out. Then he would sit in the bidet waiting for me to turn on the water and wet him so he could run away and come back to hear the gurgles again! It was endless fun!

108. kitty kat says:

u people crack me up with ur cuteoverload vocab..”allergified”, “snuffle”, “lordy” ..its crackin me up. upside down kitteh in the sink..with the big bootiful eyes, too cute…

109. Wow, and none of those are even in the Glossary.
    Linguistic acrobats, we!

110. Like Squinky, first time poster but longtime vistor. This so reminds me of my kitteh Norm. She used to curl up in the sink every morning, I’d turn on the cold water (gently), it would take a moment to get through the fur to her skin, and she’d jump out so’s I could brush my teeth. It was just part of the morning routine. When we moved, she stopped. Apparently, the sink in my apartment just isn’t as conducive to kitteh-curling as the sink at my parents’ old house.

111. hi Erin,

glad you’ve jumped in the comment circus. welcome!
    “…the sink in my apartment just isn’t as conducive to kitteh-curling as the sink at my parents’ old house.”

true dat. cats have sensory capabilities that we can’t even imagine…

112. mariser,
    true dat, too!
    Gree, my last kitten foundling, is a very shy, sweet, little, long haired gray girl.
    Something about certain people’s hair draws her. She overcomes her shyness, and onto the back of the couch she leaps to roll and lick and nuzzle the backs of heads of said people. It’s always a surprise and very amusing. But…what is she thinking?

113. …make that “certain peoples’ hair”…..

114. MEG! Can we have a “Honk-shu if you Snorgle” bumper sticker?