Pole Position

This is the equivalent of me getting the sweet back seat on my Dad’s bike as we toodled around the ‘Bicycles only’ Stanford campus in the late 70′s—I held on to the chained bike lock for ‘reins’ and sat in the back basket on a blanket, and we had the best time.

Canimgrubum

Nalan and Neyjss from Yahoo Turkish Group CanimGrubum.

Comments

1. cute

2. First post! w00t!

What a cute fluffylumpkin!!

3. Awww, rats! Bailey beat me to it.

Still, what a cuteumpie!

4. Tony James says:

“He-hey! Thanks everyone – and for my next trick…”

5. lol TJ :P

6. Let’s no even *think* the phrase “riding shotgun” around these lovely waterfowl.

D’oh, I went and did it!

7. the very pleased expression in the little one reminds me a lot of bebeh beluga:

be assured: this one would PPPBBBBFFFFTTTHHHH! if he could.

8. Zelda — just… y’know… post your comment, by itself, without any FP pollution. Chances are it’ll get posted faster anyway.

9. Meg sez,
    “…me getting the sweet back seat on my Dad’s bike as we toodled around”

Pictures! we need pictures!

10. A thinker says:

Jr. there looks pretty pleased with himself for hitching a ride on the parental.

“Hi folks! Lookit me!”

11. Awww,this just screams Proud to be Alive Lookee at Meeee!

12. great minds, thinkie!

13. Denita TwoDragons says:

It’s a real-life swan-boat ride!

I bet those seats are nice and soft and waaaarrrrmmmm…

–TwoDragons

14. chilledcat says:

The look on the little guys face is as sweet as your story. Le sigh!

15. OMG! Cute little fluffy flufferkins! He’s totally stoked!!!

16. Happy happy gosling. GONK!

Budak — nice baby flamingo, too. Got some *attitude*, that one.

17. A thinker says:

*high five*, jaypo.

18. Lovin the little cartoon pop up head and the happy face smile on the behbeh.

19. BEAUTIFUL!

Note how the parent’s wing appears to hold the baby like a giant hand.

20. Okay, Theo. I was just so excited, I couldn’t help myself!

21. Wow! What a gorgeous photo. Adorable little fluff, too!

22. Denise in Nebraska says:

Good Lord—these bird photos get me, every time! Would you just look at the expression of adoration, on this mom’s face?? She’s all like “there, there, sweetie”. Perhaps this little guy is the “ugly duckling” of fairy tale lore, who has just found his rightful place with swan-mom and taken a look at his own reflection to say “hey–I’m kind of fuzzy and cute, after all!”….you know the rest of the story (and they live happily ever after, etc. etc.) :^)

23. beautiful!

24. Golly – I would perch on my Mom’s bike basket, too! This was NJ in the early seventies. She made a special cushion attachment for the center, I recall, and the challenge was sticking on there with bags of groceries filling each basket!

25. awee that is soooo cute!!!

26. GORGEOUS!

27. They are from the zoo here in DC. I remember when that picture was taken, a few years ago. I stopped by the zoo to see the chicks after I saw them on the website. Very very cute: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/PhotoGallery/Birds/9.cfm

28. Bootiful birds – mum has perfected her attitude, and the little one is bravely practicing his/hers.

“Coming In On A Wing And A Stare”

29. I know these guys aren’t geese.

But still – when they go to sleep, would we hear from them a big and little ‘honk-shu’?

Anyway, have you ever heard swans talk to each other? (Love them.)

30. Lol, Aubrey!
    And did everyone see that flamingo chick? Where do these little dudes get their attitudes!
    Dudes with tudes! I could see a collage of little dudes with ‘tudes.

31. Brak_Silverbone says:

Hey, my mom used to ride me on the back of her bike too! If I recall correctly, Dad made a kind of seat out of… um, some kind of bent metal tubing and then made a cushion out of upholstery vinyl. Great memories! And lovely swans!

32. Isn’t ANYONE going to start singing “Wind Beneath My Wings”?

33. OK everyone…what’s a swanlet’s version of barooo?????

34. Mook- a bebeh swan is called a cygnet. And I’m almost positive a cygnet’s “baroo” would be like, “Haaaank?” Say it like “ahh,” as in a Minnesotan going, “Oh, yah!” or one of my fellow Okies saying “y’all.”

And Ugly Duckling, nuthin’! This bebeh is way cuter than his mama!

35. g-lo,

okaaaay. you start and we’ll follow.

36. Skwerly…I’ve never thought “cygnet” is appropriate for the adorableness of the swan fuzzlets.

37. weeeell, I am NOW, g-lo!

And, Skwerly, haaank does sound good….or maybe harnk!? for a quick “What”? sound.

38. BOK!

it looks like you should be able to wind up mom’s wings and up pops baby! Sort of like a jack in the box.

39. Lol, Caitlin!!!

40. WHAO!!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!

41. This photo is stolen directly from Washington D.C.’s “National Zoo’s” websites opening page………………

42. You know what, AS, Meg credited the source that sent it to her: Nalan and Neyjss from Yahoo Turkish Group CanimGrubum.

How is she to reasonably know if the sender-inner of a photo snagged it from somewhere else, if they do not volunteer that information?

The photo on the Zoo’s front page obviously has graphic text on its face indicating the Zoo which is not present on the version posted here, so how was Meg to know?

Let’s be fair here, folks.

43. Skwerly,

my feelings exactly. thanks

44. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

Writing “first post” is in no way “pollution…”

Those who write it consider it good clean fun…
    obv or wouldn’t do so…It doesn’t hurt anyone so why react so harshly to it?(Those who have or do.)

45. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

Way to waste post space Theo
    LOL!
    ;OD

46. [innocently cleaning bits of dried flesh from front claws]
    [humming]

47. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

“[innocently cleaning bits of dried flesh from front claws]
    [humming]“

If that helps you sleep better thinkin’ that you go right ahead…Potato potato!
    LOL & ;OD X 2!

48. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

& to be tropical blue water clear the waste of space ref was a joke about the multiple links NOT the C O Glossary.

49. Oh, I get that. No worries.
    [starts on the hind claws]
    [nawm nawm ptui]

50. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

Good! Shoulda known you’d get my meaning by now!

Nice goin’ a few mutual jokester rounds with ya!

Sorry you’ll soon be minus your foster kitties via adoption…no joke.
    Saw so on the kitteh post w/ your kitteh pic as header.
    Will you keep being a foster?