Meanwhile, in a pile o’ pillows

Kitten: Um, So, we built this fort, and we were playing in it, and suddenly Mom got all mad and she caught us making a fort and we got GROUNDED!

Dog: Can I have a popsicle?

Camera_pherne

Holy Rule #4, Ginnie-Pinkie S.!

Comments

1. awww big fluff with small fluff = perfect fluffy picture ^^

2. smokeyJoe says:

ahhh.

3. Seeing what looks to be a dachsand (sp?) reminds me of something funny I overheard this weekend. I was at our local farmer’s market and there was a man selling eggs. He brought the hens in a big cage so people could see them (it was on the ground) and he also brought his two adorable dachsands which were sitting in the bed of his truck (with the tailgate down). I was petting the little pups when a little boy came up with his parents and he said, “Look! Doggies!” To which his dad replied (thinking he was looking at the cage), “No son, those are chickens!… Oh… uh, yeah. Those are doggies up there. But those are chickens down there.” — Possibly confusing the kid.
    I wonder if the next time that boy sees a dachsand he’ll say, “Chickens!”

4. They look like they just woke up from a nap :)

5. {frank sinatra voice…}
    Ive got you under my ear
    Ive got you deep in the heart of me
    So deep in my heart, that youre really a part of me
    Ive got you under my ear

Ive tried so not to give in
    Ive said to myself this affair never will go so well
    But why should I try to resist, when baby will I know than well
    That Ive got you under my ear

I’d sacrifice anything come what might (even a snausage)
    For the sake of having you n-ear
    In spite of a warning voice that comes in the night
    And repeats, repeats in my ear (my other ear)

Dont you know you fool, you never can win
    Use your mentality (it’s a kitty!), wake up to reality (it’s a kitty)
    But each time I do, just the thought of you
    Makes me stop before I begin snorgling your ear
    cause Ive got you under my ear

6. Bret, stop playing smothering flufy, your toy kittteh is in the other room.

7. ceebs, I ♥ you.

8. ROFL, ceebs!
    Pure insp-ear-ation!

9. hrh.squeak says:

Ceebs, you rock.

Or, in this case, swing.

10. Brak_Silverbone says:

Ol’ Ceebs Eyes is back!!

11. Ceebs, Chairman of da Board!

12. Hey! What kind of dog is that? I just adopted my dog Rocky, and he looks pretty much identical! But I can’t figure out quite what he is…

13. They get along just like cats and dogs….when their mom is around.

14. Holy Ear Curlage! Another entry for the interspecies bonding category.
    ceebs = genius
    shoo-be-doo-be-doo …

15. Denita TwoDragons says:

Ceebs, you’ve got me cravin’ Ol’ Blue Eyes, now! *grin*

Totally cute interspecies snorgle-age here! Hee!

–TwoDragons

16. Ring-a-ding-ding, Ceebs, you nutty, koo-koo swingin’ kinda cat, you.

17. ceebs, have you written songs for Mad Magazine?
    I remember they had SO many hilarious song parodies….probably still do..it’s been many a year since I looked :P

18. Most definitely a dachshund! Looks exactly like my old doxie Cecilia, bless her soul. They are definitely a big dog in a small (albeit interesting-looking) package!

19. double snorgles! simply anerable. ear folds! and that guilty look of forbidden love. birds do it, bees do it, but ceebs REALLY did it this time. rock on.

20. FAB!!!
    Ceebs, you can’t beat the classics, can you. Chears on a brilliant job. Can you imagine the current ‘talent’ covering this? Britney Sp-ears? Christine Aquil-ear-a? Lisa Lobe? I should think not.

We need Sinatra DVDs at the picnic.

21. AuntieMame says:

The coloring looks a little beagle-y, though, doesn’t it?

I love the ear smooshage.

22. don’t forget the Ella and Louie CDs.

/goes off scatting
    //di-dah-di-dop.

23. And Billie Holiday!!!!!!!!!

24. Jackie from Michigan says:

“Quick! Let’s just cute for Mom so that she won’t ground us when we tear apart the couch!”

Heh heh heh…it’s nice to know Sinatra and cuteness can be juxtaposed. Brilliant, ceebs!

25. It looks more like a tri-color beagle to me. Has the eyeliner and lacks the long dachshund muzzle…

26. It’s luuurve.

27. yeah he’s definately not a dachshund…he comes up to about my mid thigh… (22 inches or so..)

28. I was thinking some sort of “hound” too….pretty eyes!

29. Do you think they have any idea that they are different species?

30. Please oh please oh pleeease can’t I join in the snugglefest?

31. blakeandjustinsmommy says:

Gosh, this reminds me of my two real live boys! They are almost 5 and
    2 1/2!

32. blakeandjustinsmommy says:

Gosh, this reminds me of my two real live boys! They are almost 5 and
    2 1/2!

33. blakeandjustinsmommy says:

Gosh, this reminds me of my two real live boys! They are almost 5 and
    2 1/2!

34. blakeandjustinsmommy says:

Gosh, this reminds me of my two real live boys! They are almost 5 and
    2 1/2!

35. Whoa… how many boys *is* that, total? That’s, like, a whole summer-camp bunkhouse.
    ;)

36. Tony James says:

Teh-O – as the Dooneses begin to grow up and explore, you might want to call on the services of these guys to make sure things don’t get out of hand/paw…

37. On the subject of gray tabby cats, tonight we trapped this guy:
    at the boxcars. We were trying for a female (the mom of two of the kittens that were just rescued in July is pregnant again already — sheesh!) but got this one instead. He’s a year-old tom, we think. And goregeous!

38. TJ — I guess I don’t give a kitten’s doodie who EDS is, but that commercial is effing BRILLIANT. The lint roller was the crowning touch. Sweet!

LC — Yay! Keep it up! (And your pix are getting better, too.)

39. Oh Laurie C he’s pretty. Again kudos to the work you are doing helping the furry ones. :)

40. T-O, that’s a photo off the first roll I shot at the boxcars. This guy tends to stay stiller than those squirmy kittens for focusing. And the evening light was great that day.

41. Tony James says:

Dat’s one handsome stripy kitty, Laurie!!

42. lurkertype says:

Fabulously handsome boy, LC.

Theo, you never saw that ad before? It was on the TV (debuted during Super Bowl) for months, and was an Internet Sensation for ages. Hmph. What minerals were the rocks you were living under made of? :)

43. That tabby tommy gun knows he’s a looker. He’s not manipulating that
    extend-o-paw for nothing.

44. Lurkertype:

Mine was a kind of sparkly quartz, with several imperfect alloys. It’s the first time I’ve seen that commercial – reminds me of the episodes of Animal Cops when they have to seize a hoarder’s collection of cats.

45. misscrisp says:

This is yet another example of utterly anerable aminals elevated by BWILLIANT copywriting on the part of CO. I swear kids, it’s the combo. fort-building!
    ceebs, thank you for the giggle, making someone laugh out loud at their machine is a wonderful gift to bestow.
    Finally, “catherding” is a classic man! I worked for the director and eventually had to admit the REAL reason I thought he was cool.

46. Yay Ceebs!

Love the swing AND the Snausages reference.

Snausages?

XO,
    Meg

47. Snausages! in a blanket! :-P
    awwwww, shucks, I just copied & pasted some lyrics & changed (and added) a few words….(in fact I don’t think they even had some of the lyrics right on that site…)
    I did used to entertain my friends & coworkers by making up silly lyrics to whatever came on the radio sometimes though…ah the good old days, when we used to stick my name (Ruth) into any song to replace the word “you”…for example…stuck in the middle with…Ruth! Ta-dah!
    okay, I got the tired stupids, gotta get to bed.

48. lurkertype says:

Sleep well, ceebs, since you have given us the Chairman of the Cute.

misscrisp, did you pump the director for all sorts of details about the making of the Catherding ad, and if so, can you share some?

Eee! The TuxKits are all stuffing their faces with kitty crunchies under Mom’s watchful gaze! Them’s hungry and kawaii!

49. Denita TwoDragons says:

Sorry…every time I hear the word “Snausages”, I think of Crow T. Robot chanting that during the MST3K showing of “The Killer Shrews”! *ROFL*

–TwoDragons

50. They also say it in the Lassie epic, “The Painted Hills”

Which brings to mind a list, ‘You Might Be A MiSTIE If'; one of the symptions is:

If you can’t look at a collie without thinking, “Snausages!”

I’ve got about 3/4 of these symptons – the entire list is here:

51. Aubrey, I can’t help asking if you own any catsuits?!

52. I don’t, EC, and a grateful nation breathes a sigh of relief.

However, I do say ‘Hie-keeba!’ quite often, and often ask complete strangers if they have a ‘Sampo’.

Ah, I can reference MST3K eternally.

53. Poor Kitten! Led astray by that rascal Dog!

54. Poor Kitten! Led astray by that rascal Dog!

55. [belatedly tips fedora to Ceebs]

Laurie C — um… maybe your pix must age into their full splendor, like a good Pinot. You think?

Lurker — am not the football type. I used to play soccer, though; make of that what you will.

Aubrey — once again, you scare me. Cheers!

56. The Honourable Gladys Anstruther says:

Ceebs, I had to lol, as I work on a reception desk visitors must think I am nuts.
    Laurie C, yes he sure is purdy, or should that be purrrrdy?

57. I must make a little correction….
    I am not the Chairman of the Board…I think maybe MEG is “Chairwoman of The Bored”!!! haha!

58. dunno if anynoe said this, but meg – your story that goes with this has made it a million times cuter. i love the way you think!

59. Denita TwoDragons says:

Aubrey, are you SURE we aren’t, somehow, twin sisters?!

*singing* “Pants! Pants! Sing the praises of Pants…!”

*sigh* Those were the days…

–TwoDragons

60. [sighs] That kitten should be nestling under my chin and that dog’s head on my lap. SO not fair…

[hostels without dogs or cats = TEH SUCK.]

61. D2D:

“My, My, My Mitchell…”

62. Denita TwoDragons says:

MITCHELL!! The one movie that almost undid the ‘Bots because if was SO BAD!

Ok, how about “Kim Catrall, Kim Catrall, Kim Kim Kim Kim Kim Catrall, you never made a bad movie, oh what the hell, you ring my bell…”

Oh gads, I’m going to get that stuck in my head. If I do that, I’m gonna have to call on MEGAWEAPON to eradicate the earworm!

–TwoDragons

63. …did somebody say “earworm”??
    [wiggles eyebrows]

64. D2D:

Of course you noticed that bottle of Johnson’s baby oil…

Sorry about the earworm. I was going to suggest Torgo and “The Master” to form a two-front assault on said earworm, but perhaps MEGAWEAPON would work best.

Theo, stop wiggling.

65. LOL!

(I do love this place.)

66. Denita TwoDragons says:

Oooooh, it’s “TOTCHAAAAAH!!” I tell you! Like being stuck in a Saaaaaandstooorrrrrmmmm…

Yeesh, I’m such a geek. ;-)

–TwoDragons

67. foxy bingo says:

I wonder if the dog realises how close he must be to having his face torn off? That looks like one fantastically effed off cat (and hooray for effed off cat faces)