Pantry Pal

Look—you’re busy, we all are.

Who has time to shop for foodstuffs when there are so many Web sites to visit? Do you need more brown sugar or Vanilla cake mix? WHO THE HECKKNOWS?!

Introducing Pantry Pal™—the rat who keeps constant track of your pantry stock. Need more Whole grain bread goodness? —Oh, it’s ordered. More Pistacio Jello pudding? Check.

Make your bare cupboard a thing of the past.

Get your Pantry Pal™ today.

Rattatooey

Katie S. YOu’re right, I could not resist that face. (OR TEENY PAW!)

Comments

1. FIRST ‘ELL YEAH!!!

Oh, how totally precious!! Ergh, the paw is too much to bear!!

2. Brooooowwwn suga.

3. Adorable!!

4. That is, without a doubt, the nicest, cleverest rat face I’ve ever seen… Just by looking at him I can tell that he is not only capable of doing an inventory check – he’ll be able to make sure I get all the best bargains and discounts on food supplies, and improve my nutrition too!

Put me down for two Pantry Pals (TM) – I’ll give one to my sister for her birthday :)

5. Welllll … okay, as rats go, I agree she’s kind of cute! But no offense, if I opened my kitchen cabinet and saw that, I’d be frantically thumbing thru the Yellow Pages under “Exterminators”!

6. I’ll take two – one for home and one for work! …And maybe one more just because. :)

7. So Sweet!

After getting a hamster I am finding its rodent cousins all the cuter!

8. paulette says:

Ooooh teeny paw! Little beady eyes! And what looks like a teeny rat sized boogie hanging from his nose!

9. Uhm, yeah, I’m with Stooges Woman on this one. While mousie is cute and all, if I found it in my pantry my first thought would involve several expletives. :-O

10. OMG! Adorable! I want one!

11. hrh.squeak says:

Ohh, lookit him – “Don’t be scared, I wanna love you!” Poor domestic ratties, being hated on because of wild rat ickyness. (Yes, wild rats are icky and scary.) But lookit him – He’s Butterscotch Puddin Colored, ferhevvinsake!!! Love the Ratties!!!

12. Mr. Butterscotch Rat would be quite welcome to keep an inventory as long as he can also order my groceries online. Who needs a smart refrigerator, right?

13. So cuddly! What a snookums. I *wish* I could have a pet rat… my DH used his spousal veto power to put the kabosh on that, tho. :(

14. –Hey, it’s just like “cats in sinks”! “Rats in jars”? Hmmm, maybe not as catchy, considering some of the comments so far… :)

15. Ahhh! What a gorgeous little rat! He reminds me of my grey gerbil, the same sort of soft color with huge black eyes. Except this guy’s probably the size of two-three gerbils…

Ahhn, those ears!

16. Laurie C says:

Oh, he’d do my ordering all right. One box of cereal for me, one for him. One bag of chopped walnuts for me, two for him…

17. beyond delightful…..pink tail tip alert!!!

18. mariser says:

tulip ears. awwwwwwww.

19. I believe the part about Ratbert’s interest in your groceries. Maybe not so much in the context of *ordering* them, though, as *eating* them. Fer pete squeaks!

20. Soooo very cute! Very gentle-looking.

Ya know, we haven’t had any ‘tocks lately, unless you count half a possum in a toilet bowl. I think we’re ready for some plump ‘tocks again. I’ll go look for pics to submit.

21. mariser says:

having lived through a pantry invasion (by leetle field mice) I can corroborate the grocery-eating part. did you know that field mice can eat an entire box of GS Thin Mints and leave only a 0.1 inch hole in the corner as evidence?

to this day I puzzle. I mean, they were leetle mousies, but not *that* leetle.

22. Courtney says:

awww, lookit that handsome muzzle.

23. AIEEEE!!!

Ineedapantrypal.

24. mariser–*especially* after eating a box of GS Thin Mints!

Wish I had a cute little Pantry Pal like that one! clean li’l pointy face… awwwww.

25. Beauregard says:

Meg! What a great way to start a weekend. Your caption was a perfect addition to the tiny paw redonkulousness of this pic.

26. Beauregard says:

You know, I think the reason I like this so much is that it reminds me of something that would be seen on Sifl and Olly.

27. Beauregard says:

The caption that is. I swear this is my last post here.

28. Sarcasta says:

Pantry Pal: (Cliff Claven voice) Uh-yup… you seem to be … uhm.. outta granola, here… ma’am. I can get right on the ordering of that for ya.

Homeowner: Wasn’t that jar full of granola this morning?

Pantry Pal: Er… well, ma’am… there seems to be some “technical difficulties” with the granola and for your own safety, I found it necessary to eat the whole jar. It was purely for your protection, ma’am. I’m just lookin out for ya.

Homeowner: Riiiiiight.

29. Heather S. says:

Doesn’t it seem he’s leaning his head off to the side in a pose, and smirking?

30. Rattatooey! HA!!!

All your pantries are belong to us!

31. SARCASTA!

The student teaches the PROFESSOR
    [nice Cliff Claven voice]

-Meg

32. “The student teaches the PROFESSOR”

Uh-huh. Meg, you’ve got mail.
    ;)

33. ‘Cabinet Kleptos’ came to the decision that a major rebranding campaign was in order.

34. Jaypo,

:*especially* after eating a box of GS Thin Mints!”

you tell me. that was the first notice that *something* (not an Indian) were rummaging through the cupboards. should have seen me going through (and tossing) box after box after bag after container of rice/flour/cereal/chocolate chips/Fritos/etc. one thing about mousies, they are not picky eaters.

35. Ooh! Does it come in pink? And if I buy five do I get a special deal? Now I know what to get EVERYONE for Christmas. =)

36. euww rat in the pantry! yikes :S

37. BenPanced says:

Yay, pink nosie goodness!

38. Michelle says:

Hahahaha brilliant! I think I had a couple “Pantry Pals” in my first apartment.

39. teeny paw? what about rattie tummy? i loooove rattie tummies…ratties are little pot bellied munchkins. :)

40. AuntieMame says:

I did, too, Michelle, except that my pals had six legs and long, wavy, creepy antennae…

*ugh*

41. R. Moore says:

No fair, not only do my two rats not make cute faces at me very often, but I know they would never do inventory in the pantry!

42. My ratties would not only inventory,
    but… they’d take a withdrawl
    *hey she doesn’t need those cheerios*
    AND leave a deposit
    *Ahh, left her some more rattie raisins!*

43. brownamazon says:

I’m not usually a huge fan of rats. But this little sand-coloured dude is very prosh. Much less objectionable than the albino or greasy grey urban varieties. I guess that makes me a rat racist.

44. Janet Anderson says:

If you get think hamsters are adorable, then you’ve got to give rats a chance. Yeah I know rats rooting around in garbage cans aren’t so cute. But give a rat a chance, and look what can happen–you might find another adorable small critter, intelligent, amenable… and cute.

45. Subhangi says:

“Uh-oh. Erm … hi. Fabulous morning, isn’t it? It’s a good thing I, erm, smelt the cheese spread before you did – it was kinda ruined. So I, um, did away with it. Yeah. Not the kind that goes with *your* cooking, y’know. Erm … what? Oh, no. Don’t look at me like – no, wait – I just *know* you wanna put my head in your mouth-“

[SQUEEEEEEEEK.]

46. What a sweet-faced rattie! Looks rather gentle and intelligent, too.

47. The son of one of my English professors had a rat who had the run of the house. He lived at the back of Brian’s sock drawer…which he entered through a small hole in the back of the dresser. Roy the Rodent mostly collected loose change, cigarette butts, odd bits of stolen jewelry and the occasional candy bar wrapper. He was no good at inventory or ordering, however.

48. hrh.squeak says:

Hey, Greenighs, lookit this (and everyone else too!)

It’s a Whole Gallery of BunnyBuns!! wOOt!!

49. hrh.squeak says:

Equal hiney time – Leonberger puppy butt -

50. Did you steal the “grain goodness” part from the label in the back, or is that just a resounding co-inky-dink? ;)

51. Oh god, how did you know
    about the pistachio jello pudding? Did you grow up in my house, or is it just that everyone in the world has an unused package of pistachio jello pudding in the cabinet?

52. I love this rat. In some ways it reminds me of Olivia Flaversham. I had rats once but died mysteriously.

Love the teeny paw.
    I hope that rat can get out of jar. Rats smell wonderful.

53. grossed out says:

Um, I’m sorry to be a party pooper, but rats are not cute, especially not near food.

54. Oh no, this is your first Cute Overload slip-up! No. “A rat in the pantry” is a “Not Cute Rule” that overrides all “Cute Rules”! Okay I do like rats. But really, the psychological thing with this, I ain’t going for it….

55. Inu Rashii says:

I’m so glad to see the rat-haters so outnumbered! Boo rat-haters!

56. Absolutely adorable. Healthy looking pet, too!