Floppy, black-tie event

It’s floppy limb central, People. This Pengie is trying out his new arms. I like the guy standing next to him, staring, who is all: "Riiiiighteous, Brah."

Pengueeeens

N[ice] job, Sarah Z.

Comments

1. smokeyJoe says:

ever since i watched ‘march of the penguins’ i haven’t seen them in quite the same way.

they are so cool.

2. oooooh I just want to snorgle them!!

3. *flopflop* *flapflap*

“Dewd, don’t you know penguins can’t fly?”

4. I think the one on the left is trying to find his belly-button.

5. Laurie C says:

I think our little guy is saying “I caught a fish thiiiis big.”

6. ShellBell says:

Little cutie wants a hug…I will gladly comply!

7. “I believe I can flyyyyy!!!”

Dream big my leetle snorgle worthy friend, dream big!!!

8. “Do you love me this much?”
    Yes, I do, little pengie!

9. belly fuzz = awesomeness.

10. LOL, PuppyMomma. He totally is!

11. Awwwwww March of the Pingu! Emporer penguin bebbies are soooo sweet, especially the little peeps they make. The little one with the flappy arms says “Dooooooood!” just like a prinny… *shakes head sadly* I’m such a geek. I don’t even know if any of you would catch the Prinny reference.

12. Yay! I had this photo as my computer wallpaper for awhile, but then replaced it and haven’t been able to relocate the shot. Thank you!

I love them so much!

13. baby penguins are so cute. i used to have a stuffed animal collection of penguins when i was little. but i still think nothing will top the manatee video. ;P

14. penguin lover says:

AAAAIIIIEEEEEE!!!! the penguin fluff! i love penguins! *melts*

15. La La La says:

Theres a March of the Penguins website with a ton more penguiny pics!!!!!! There SO CUTE!!! :D :D :D

16. CrazyIvan says:

Ooooh! I have a little toy pengie on top of my computer that looks JUST like one of these guys! I can look at the pic and SNORGLE! :)

17. Sarcasta says:

This wouldn’t be another reference to our Linuxy friends out there, would it? *snort*

Behbeh geeks are so cute.

18. Michelle says:

Has anyone else ever been so Cure Overloaded that they felt borderline violent as a result? Like you want to bite/squeeze/eat (not literally) the baby kitteh/pup/penguin, etc? Because cuddling wouldn’t be enough? The babies in March of the Penguins made me feel that way, and so do these little guys.

19. they look like hoppy penguins

20. Michelle says:

*Cute* Overloaded, I meant, ahem

21. can I have the one in the middle?

22. scoops up baby pengies and snorgles them all, huffing wonderful baby scent.

23. sabrina says:

I knew I’d seen that pic before somewhere! thanks for the link to march of the penguins website! great stuff :)

24. [raises hydrodynamic flipperwing in salute to Sarcasta]

25. Totally got the prinny reference. Hopefully these little guys aren’t explosive, though…

26. Pengie says “I love you this much!!”

27. Laurie C says:

Or, “Then why do we even *have* them?”

28. johnny5 says:

He’s preparing to *rumble* Take Over The World!!!

for those who know the Day of the Tentacle game ;)

29. Pengins! Pengiiiiins! Wee little Fluffy McWebtoe-ersons PENGINS!!!

30. Awesome caption, Bro! No, seriously, right ON :)

31. So! Very! Fuzzy!!

32. i love this picture! so cute. i always think of the guy with his hands up and announcing himself at a party. “i’m heeah!” and the one next to him is all, “what the hell are you doing?”

33. Fish Eye no Miko says:

Michelle asked: “Has anyone else ever been so Cure Overloaded that they felt borderline violent as a result?”

Yeah, but I think most people react that way to Robert Smith…
    ^_~

34. march of the penguins…

35. I love penguins!!!! They easily fit the rules of cartoon cuteness: pear-shaped bodies, short arms, high forehead, small nose, coy expression…

36. and they’re comical.

who can be sad when there are penguins?

37. pendlerpiken says:

johnny5:
    rofl :) I had completely forgotten that game :D thanks for reminding me!

38. The baby penguines are TOOO CUUUUTE! I want to eat them up! ADORABLE!

39. AuntieMame says:

I had no idea that adult penguin bellies were so nubbly. I guess I thought they had smooth skin. Although they are birds, so I suppose it’s not outside the realm of possibility that they have feathers…

40. Love black & white animals and the baby pengies are toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

41. Finn:
    Penguins are comical AND conical. And you’ve realized the Power of the Penguin: they bring everyone joy. Is that some kind of mind control, or what?

Incidentally, I have to add a penguin usage warning: do not, I repeat, do not, put a penguin on your television set. I did and the explosion was heard for miles.

42. AuntieMame says:

Where do penguins come from, anyway?

BURMA!!!

(long pause)

What’d you say Burma for, then?

I panicked.

43. Auntie:

Stop acting so goofy, now. We all know that they come from Penguinsacola.

My brain hurts.

44. Penguin #1: You look like you’re wearing a tuxedo.

Penguin #2: How do you know I’m not?

PENGHEES!!!

45. Brak_Silverbone says:

I think the second penguin from the left is getting insecure about whether he used his deodorant today, and is trying to surreptitiously sniff his own armpits.

46. MaryAnne says:

“Dude, Linux *has* their model, give it up…”

But (flap), I’m so darned CUTE (flap, flap, flap)!

47. Apathygrrl, I’ve always watched but never commented… but I have to come out of hiding… because of… Prinnies! I love that game! ;D One of the best of its time, without a doubt.

Okay, now I’m out in the open. Meep?

48. Penguin on the left: My… my pants– where are my pants? What happened to my pants?

49. Laurie C says:

J.Bo – excellent caption.

50. Well, Laurie C, penghies are notoriously modest…

51. I think Pengie on the left dropped a Cheeto down his fuzzy shirt.

Love em!

52. Perfect for the summer: Anjou Penguins!

53. I think the two on the far right are the Jay and Silent Bob of the penguin world.

54. No, no, Aubrey, they’re from Penguinia, where the snowballs are warm as toast.

Whoa. Obscure Tanith Lee reference. See what The Cute does to my brain?

55. Nalian Youmer says:

omg!! this is soo cute and i love the colour coordination..!AAHAHA

56. I got a “penguin adoption” for my birthday last year. Unfortunately they didn’t send the little guy (girl?) to my house, but the researchers marked its burrow with the name I gave it (James Bond) and send me pictures of a slightly freaked out-looking penguin every now and then.

57. Ha! I just watched Clerks the other night with my son..those two on the right are SO Jay & Silent Bob!

Very floofy and cute Jay & Silent Bob, tho’, I must say!

58. hrh.squeak says:

Theo: I think this little guy would fit nicely into the Yay! Baffle looks great in there, by the way. Somersaults of kitteh joy!

59. Yes yes yes, hrh.squeak!
    He is a perfect “Yay”! :)

60. “Adopt a Freaked-Out Penguin”– Michelle, I think this charity may soon become more popular than Amnesty International!

61. HRH Squeak & Lauri — yep, that’s a Yay penguin, all right. It’s gotten pretty crowded in there, though… :-/

62. don’t gimme that!
    fit him in!
    persevere!

63. Barbara says:

Looks like they are auditioning for the upcoming film, Happy Feet…the trailer is out:

64. No…Not march of the penguins…. All the penguins DIE in that movie…

65. Gee, thanks for giving away the ending, Hannah… GAAH.

66. Subhangi says:

EEEEEEEEEE!! Baby Emperor Pengies!!!! *Flap, flap*

67. Sadly, only one or two of those babies will ever live to see one year of life.

68. Barbara, I can’t wait for November – I swear that’s all I’m sticking around for. In this particular shot, I love the big honkin’ clutchy pigeon-toed foot claws. Is pigeon-toedness a rule of cute yet? In fact I’d say second from the left is looking at them aghast going “I can’t believe how big they are – aaaaaah!”

69. i really love them i youst to hve a toy on that ooked just like that

70. i really love them i youst to hve a toy on that ooked just like that

71. i really love them. i youst to have a toy one that looked just like that.

72. me like penguins… theyve always been cute!!!
    march of the penguins was.. uhmmm…

73. AAAHHH! im dying of cuteness!!! that is so cute!

74. I love Penguins!!!!!!! I own the march of the penguins dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PENGUINS R AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!