“Not much, chillin’ with ma Peeps.”

“Yeah, Baby, I’m just hanging out—just me and the bros….”

“Yeah, it’s all nine of us.”

“Yeah.” [puts paw over the phone] “SHUT UP! I’m trying to talk to Sandra, Dudes!”

Kittenpile

Elana, nice pile.

Comments

1. Sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2. They look like they all are covered in soot! Maybe if we washed them they’d all be different colors. :)

3. Sorry folks, cute traffic is backed up. There’s a kitty pile-up blocking all exits.

4. O. M. G. Tooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!!!

Must pick up.

And snorgle.

[faints]

5. hrh.squeak says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!
    loves grey kitters the best
    head essplodes
    bye

6. What an adorable sea of fluff! Too cute!

7. Ok did you notice there’s another fleece bed to the right? Maybe there’s more kittehs in there!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

8. mariser says:

KITTEH!KITTEH!KITTEH!KITTEH!
    KITTEH!KITTEH!KITTEH!KITTEH!
    double sqeee.

I only see 8. where the ninth brah go?

9. Holy crap! too cute!

10. Pile o’ gray kitty love!

11. Mariser – 3 upper right, 3 upper left, 3 front & center.

12. Waitaminit. That’s ANOTHER kitty bed in the right-hand edge of the frame.
    ARE THERE MORE???!??!!

13. lalouque says:

I’m only seeing 2 upper right. Either way, grey kitties are indeed the bestest.

14. lalouque says:

Oh wait oh wait, I found the third upper right. He’s got his head smooshed under the other two upper right kitties. So no cute face showing.

15. My guess is that the fleece kitty bed to the right is empty. :D

16. Laurie C says:

I think the one with his head hidden is the one on the phone. He’s trying to cover his head to hear better.

17. MASS SNORGLE!!!!

*sssccchnnnooooooof*

18. Yes theo, i thin there is more.. at http://axentraserver.bomanionline.com/portals/marice

19. I now understand perfectly why the little cartoon monkey in the MonkeyBones movie kept screaming “DIVE! DIVE!DIVE!” …. oh to swimm in the snorgly goodness…

20. Driver B says:

WAH!

How unusual to have such a big bunch all with the same coat!

I love all-gray kitties. Someday when I get a great big house, I will add one to my zoo (currently two big cats and a husband). ;p

21. E-Snorgle says:

Oh man! How can you tell the cuties apart????

I vote that Kitteh Tuesdeh turns to Kitteh Week!

Snorgles all around!

22. lauowolf says:

Obviously the next fluffy bed is full of orange kittens, and then the tuxedo kittens, and then….

23. Awwwwwwwooooooo, my grandma called them “gunmetal grays”.
    I love gray kits.
    And orange and tuxedo…..continue with what you were doing……

24. What could be better than a whole basket of minature Basils (my cat that looks exactly like them!) If I could I would make this a poster and put it on the wall of my cubicle!! This is too wonderful!!

25. Of course you always can’t get to much of cute ;)

26. Therese says:

They look just like my mom’s dear, departed Shadow and Mouse did when they were kittens. Shadow was her favorite, and Mouse was mine (such a wussy kitty, really lived up to his name). When it was cold at night, Mouse would stand next to my chair and meow at me until I got into bed so he could snuggle with me. I loved it, even though I had to sleep twisted like a pretzel because he hogged the middle 3/4 of the bed!

27. Gray kitties are always cute!

I love them so!

28. I wonder who is in the next kittie bed? The mama?

29. “even though I had to sleep twisted like a pretzel because he hogged the middle 3/4 of the bed”

Sounds like a bitch I sleep with on a regular basis (and this *is* referring to a female dog, Susan-from-the-last-post). Honestly, how small-ish animals take up entire beds?!

30. TheLuna says:

Oops, that should have been “how can”.

31. Who knew kittens could mosh?

32. SO CUTE I can’t stand it. Oh…my…gawd. Must snorgle.

33. Y’know how in Duck Tales, Uncle Scrooge would swim around in his big pool of money?

He obviously hasn’t learned the wonder of KITTEEEEENS!!!

*dives in to snorgle*

34. LOL

35. Fish Eye no Miko says:

I love theme days! Let’s have fishie Friday! [see name...]

36. cottontail says:

Ack! Can I just roll around in all that gray fluff? You know there is lots of purring happening in that group.

37. how cute! I also love theme days. How about monkey monday?
    I just loooove monkeys. (and gray fluffs of kittys)

38. Whats the collective noun for kittens? A snorgle???? will that do?

A snorgle of kittens and a romp of otters… squeeeeeeee

39. kittikin says:

Huzzah! Three cheers for All Kitten Tuesday!

Genius!

40. i’m greatly offended that people would approve of this cuddle puddle. obviously, that’s a recipe for disaster, all that cuddling and snuggling! after all, i’m betting these kittens aren’t married yet.

i hereby declare that unmarried kitten cuddle puddles can NOT exist on CO any longer. bitches.

41. AuntieMame says:

Dear Pets:

When I say to move, it means to go someplace else, not switch positions with each other so there are still two of you in the way.

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food.

Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that esthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn’t help, because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort.

Look at videos of dogs and cats sleeping, they can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible.

My cd’s and dvd’s are not miniature Frisbees.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open.

When I exit this room, I will come out the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years. Canine/Feline attendance has never been necessary.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other animals or your butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.

In return for your following these simple rules, I have posted the following message on our front door:

Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don’t.

2. If you don’t want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.

3. I like my pet a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, it’s an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn’t speak clearly.

5. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, don’t ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don’t hang out with drug-using friends, don’t smoke or drink, don’t worry about buying the latest fashions, don’t wear your clothes, don’t need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the results.

42. Jackie from Michigan says:

An octet of sooty kittehs! I think I see some hugging in there…

43. AuntieMame that is hi-lar-i-ous. i have most of these problems with my neigbours cat. He’s not even mine!!!!!

44. Ponygirl says:

Not as cute as my pile of black kittehs!

Also, I am going to print out AuntieMame’s open letter to pets and hope it’s educational for my cat/dog children

45. I second that Huzzah! But this theme day scheme should come with a warning…I’m totally overwhelmed…so many kittehs so leetle time!

46. The cute! It burns!

I just want to reach my hand through that screen! :-)

47. Could you pass the Grey Poofon?

48. Kamo Kitties!

49. Aw, want to rub and snorgle all eighteen ears!!!

50. LMAO, AuntieM! Aubrey’s back!! Yay!!!

51. Aubrey who™?

52. Yes pony girl! That is cute! WAY too cute! it’s been posted at http://axentraserver.bomanionline.com/portals/marice

53. Lol. Yay, Aubrey!

And AuntieM, awesome!!! These will be posted at my (zoo) house, too!

54. Fritatta says:

AuntieM, that’s gotta be the manual. “I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but sarcasm.” Inspired. I’m sorry, ElfOwl, but AuntieM W.T.F.M. on this one!

55. AuntieMame says:

I wish I could claim it as original material but, alas, I received it in an email from another friend.

I can, however, vouch for the accuracy of it. I used to petsit for friends who had an Golden Retriever and a cat. There was plenty of room for me and the 85-pound dog in their California King bed, but not for me and the 8-pound cat. I never figured out how that worked.

And some other friends whose two German Shorthaired Pointers always took their half out of the middle of the bed…

56. tooo much cute.. can’t HANDLE THE CUTE! OH GOD!

57. I miss my dear departed Russian Blue (named Hemingway, for being grey, neutered, and a loud complainer) so much. These smushmuffins all look just like he did the day I brought him home.

He had this attention-getting trick I’ve never seen repeated since: he would climb up on the mantle where my little breakable pretties were, and if he didn’t get the attention he wanted, he’d start nudging something pretty toward the edge. Just a half a centimeter at a time, mind you. After each nudge, he’d actually cock his head at me all dog-like, examining my reaction. It was a total game of chicken to see if he’d actually break something before I gave in. And I’ll never know if he would have broken something.

Right, back to the kittenpile. *dives*

58. Oh Lord! What a george-ous pile of babies! To lay on a bed and snuggle all of them. Imagine the sound of all that purring.

59. I agree, Holly! Gorgeous! I’ll say it again, I don’t like cats…but this is just so sweet.

60. brownamazon says:

Hemingway was neutered? Didn’t he sire a couple of blonde actress-model types?

Lol@AuntieMame: we’ve been trying to teach our two greyhounds your no.1 rule for years; they think “move” means “move closer”.

61. A pile of baby Russian Blues! Utter purrfection!

62. Albertanator says:

So sweet…..great picture…..

63. lauowolf says:

Saska –
    Boycat (“Boycat Safeway” — does that date me?) used to do that.
    He would decide that I should be waking up, and jump on my dresser.
    Then he’d look at me, and start shoving things toward the edge, watching me closely, until I’d get up and feed him breakfast.
    In case you’d wondered, yes, Boycat would go ahead and push things right off the edge if I tried to be stubborn about it.

These little guys, obviously, will never be that devious.

64. Moshpit Kitties!

65. A more splendid collection of plumpy nosecheeks (muzzlepuffs to you) I never did see.
    Plus, I would like their fur to line my slippers.

66. So they are Russian Blues, yes? They’re not just cute, they’re gorgeous! And for some reason I am strangley drawn to their ears…

67. yoohoostereo says:

My mom and sister have russian blues and they are pretty. Russian blues are the prettiest when they are kitties however, as is shown in this photo.

68. The Honourable Gadys Anstruther says:

I want to dive in, I bet they smell good too.

69. My god, I must have counted 3 times until I FINALLY saw the 9th baby snuggled in the back :) Awesome

70. Marianne says:

A couple of years ago I adopted an awesome 2-year-old gray kitty named Gandalf. I always wondered what he looked like when he was a baby. Now I know! Awesome.

71. In the middle ages English had a lot of terms for ‘groups’ of things, mostly animals. (‘cluster’ of grapes and ‘pride’ of lions are examples that have survived) While technically this is a ‘kindle of kittens’ I think it’s more the absolute living example of a ‘clowder of cats’ with all that hazy-grey fuzz :D

72. Ponygirl says:

Wow, my kittens are famous! W00T!

73. Therese, I once had a solid grey cat named Mouse, too. She was just the shade of that pile in the picture up there, and her paw-pads were a lovely dark red, very pretty.

I cannot for the life of me understand how there can *not* be enough room in a king-sized bed for a single human and two cats. My two cats’ favorite hobby is a team sport–one will sleep leaning against my ankles on, say, the left side, while the other sleeps curled up against my right shoulder. During the night as I sleep, they gradually and gently, but steadily, push against me. When I move in my sleep (and I will, because somewhere in my unconscious mind I know enough not to roll over on the kitties and so tend to move away from them) they reposition themselves to push again. I have woken up more than once to find myself spun around 90 degrees at the head of the bed with the sheets barely covering me and the cats looking devastatingly innocent.

74. Screamer says: