Paws Up!

Hey, Amurrricans, get some rest before the big day tomorrow! I’m gonna barbeque me some hamburglers and drink a berr. You?

Paws_up

T.G.I.H. (that’s ‘h’ for holiday)

Ruhlaxin

MK Ferg strikes again!

Comments

1. THIS is what i’m talking about. must get my paws on this snorglemuffin.

2. err…*these* snorglemuffin*s* :)

3. YEEEEEP!! [head collapse over beauteous kitn]

A raccoonacat!

4. Oh wow. I mean, I love all the kitten pics, but I just have to comment on the colouring here – beautiful! And happy bbq and beer tomorrow – we Canadian folk head back to work tomorrow after our weekend of celebrations. :-(

5. Geez, that second pic makes me melt. Maybe it’s just catching me when I’m being emotional.

[runs to hug Edgar, the Hallowe’en kitty of the household]

6. Lillith says:

That face!!!! *squee*

*Goes off to snorgle her widdle cuddlemuffingirl Polly*

7. kristie says:

Those eyes!! Who could resist those eyes?!?!?! I will be forever in the service of this kitten. Thanks Meg!

8. Awww uuuhnm! Morning sunshine!

Morning to ya!

9. WAAAAAAIGH!! ÜBER-KITN!!

10. Those eyes, they make me melt!

11. Ponygirl says:

This kitten is much to young to be drinking beer!

12. …or berr, either.

13. ka9q's wife says:

OMG! Those eyes could melt a thousand stony hearts. It melted mine but deep inside i am mush, mush i tell you.

The pink nose with the black spot would kill me if i hadn’t been sheilding my eyes with my fingers when i looked.

14. WAAAAAAWW!! I want the top kitty. Paws up!

15. absolutely gorgeous coloring!! LOVE that slightly befuddled/concerned look in the 2nd shot….might this little dude be a candidate for that hitler cats site?? looks like he’s got the start of a lil ‘stache!!

16. Brak_Silverbone says:

Look at the little cocoa-colored piddy-pads on the top kitty!

And, um, stupid question–are these 2 views of the same kitten? I’m trying to tell by comparing markings, but it’s tough… the lighting might be different enough to account for the color difference…

17. Oh the choco-pads *are* too much! Methinks it be the same kitteh because of the nose-smudge, though the lighting does make it hard to tell. [sigh] That bottom photo makes me melt…

18. Laurie C says:

I’m guessing same kitten, Brak.

As promised, I added boxcar cat pix and now captions on everything at my album here: http://community.webshots.com/album/551852264VfDqLd

19. Laurie C says:

Oh, and Happy Fourth of July, y’all from your neighbours to the North. (You can tell by the ‘u’ in “neighbours”.)

20. Ragdoll? Soooo cute!

21. Michelle says:

dawwww. Yeah looks like a lil ragdoll.

22. Ridonkulous cuteness!

And this will be my last 4th of July as a minor. Woot…?

23. Laurie, thanks again for the pictures of the Boxcar bebes. You’re so kind to help them. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do from Stateside.

24. Laurie C — so the tomcat/dad-cat actually stuck around? Not too common, for a cat. Not bad. (Wonder if he remembers to put the toilet seat down too.)

25. NNOOOOOOOSESS!!!! GOTTA TOUCH DA NNOOOOOOSES!!!

(feeling the velvet on the nose) That is one of the best feelings ever!

26. OH and Theo…I’ll say it for you…”Can’t Fight That Feeling Anymooooore….” tee hee. Just thought I would beat you to the punch.

27. What a precious little darling!! She made my day! Her eyes are to die for! xoxoxo

28. Jan — why on earth would I go for *that* punchline? REO kidding me?

29. Laurie C says:

Theo, I think the tomcat/dads stick around because of the free food. And they’re real gentlemen, too, they always let the pregnant/nursing moms and kittens eat first.

30. tnchickadee says:

That’s adorable!

Also, emails are bouncing. :(

31. Sweet Jebus! What a darling kitten, I loves it! That second picture? Almost makes me tear up, no kidding.

32. Why that lil kitty look so sad? He not getting enough shnorgling!!!!
    yup he is ridicurously cute!!!

33. chelsea says:

Is it just me or are there troll-like people invading CO? Such as “Tanya”, multiple-y posting her cute website stuff? I noticed that a couple times with some others. What’s up with that Meg/Theo?

34. Caroline says:

Pinky noses! So Cute!

35. “Fourth” more or less rhymes with ” ‘morph,” so bring on the holiday-making lagomorphs. (Please!)

Don’t get me wrong, the kitten is cute, just not *my* kinda cute…. (eep!)

l_l
    *¡*
    ( )
    ” “

36. “T.G.I.H. (that’s ‘h’ for holiday)” O-kay. But what is T, G and I for?

Happy national day! (Or whatever you call it.)

In Norway we call our national day “syttende mai”, which means “May 17th”. Stands to reason.

37. warrior rabbit says:

Nickole,

We call it Independence Day, the 4th of July, or just the 4th. They all work.

The TGI* came from TGIF, as in Thank God It’s Friday. :)

And happy belated Canada Day (July 1?) to the Canucks.

38. this is SANGAT COMEL! ( a malay word for too cute!) comel comel comel comel comel!!

39. Cutest kitten ever.

40. the little polkadot on his nose is socute.

very patriotic kitty, i’ve gotta say…

41. Ha. Theo. I know you well enough you would go for THAT punchline. LOL Why, you have another? I’m game! :)

I had to send the link to my friend in Edmonton, Alberta Canada so she could see the nose on this precious little kitten.

42. Hamburglers! Hee hee hee. Meg, you’re a genius! And kitties, get ready for some rootin’ tootin’ snorglin’! If I were there, that is!

43. Chelsea — we search & destroy as appropriate (and as a total of 4 eyes are able). As far as Tanya’s links, though, did you *see* that second pic? The word “troll” doesn’t apply here…

Jan — aHEM… a shortage of punchlines is not the sort of ailment I tend to be susceptible to. Thbppp.

44. This little one can probably get away with just about anything looking like that!

We had a beagle who knew how to make us forget we were mad at her. She’d do something she knew was wrong, then turn and look up at us with those big brown beagle eyes. It worked 99% of the time.

I bet this kitty could use the same trick… But for its owner’s sake, hopefully he or she is less devious than my beagle was!

45. Thanks warrior rabbit! Independence Day. That’s a bit more informative the name we use for our celebration. “May 17th” – you just have to be Norwegian to get what that’s supposed to mean.

It’s pretty funny, though, that you love your Fridays so much you can just write T.G.I.F. and get understood.

PS: I used to think the words “warrior” and “rabbit” were incompatible, until I saw some of the pictures posted on this site…

46. Oh. Now I see that “4th” also works, and that’s even less informative than “May 17th”.

I guess you just have to be a citizen to get it, in Norway and the USA alike.

47. Laurie C says:

Same up here, Nickole. Canada Day/July 1st. It’s all just an excuse to have a day off work and barbecue.

If the cat in the photo is indeed drinking a “berr”, he deserves a medal from Stephen Colbert, just like Jack the Cat.

48. Michele says:

omg poor kitty on the bottom looks like he has much stress. Him needs a vacation. In other news, this will also be my last 4th in the under-21 category

49. those are seriously beetiful pawpads. burnished copper-coloured. I had never seen such a color. I’ve only seen pink, or black/dark-gray, or (only once) multiple-colored/patchy pads (Hank, one of our roommates. see: http://64.253.97.239/scanner_art/scanner_art.html

50. chelsea says:

Theo,
    Yeah,ok, you’re right. I guess I’m wary of the “OMG CLICK ON MY SITE NOW” sort of thing with 3 repeated htmls. But damn I do love giraffes.
    And fluffy kittens stretching out their lil bodies.
    aw.

51. cuteness lover says:

These kind of pics make me want to be a cat.

52. hrh.squeak says:

Heeheehee! Mariser, “scanner art”, Love It!! Most beautimus paw pads, indeed.

53. That’s some freaky, Mariser. It’s like photos of Shrödinger’s Cat.

54. YES, TOP AND BOTTOM ARE THE SAME CAT, THE TOP ONE IS JUST HIM WHEN HE WAS 2 MONTHS, THE TOP IS MORE RECENT, LIKE 4 MONTHS. THANKS FOR ALL THE SWEET COMENTS!!! I AM VERY PROUD OF MY LITTLE LION, LOL.

55. That “paws up” pic just caused a triple squeeeeeel followed by head explosions at my house. My family will never be the same!

56. Eeeeeeeeeee! Can’t take those iddle paw pads! Or those deep blue eyes!

57. mkferg: just be sure you don’t feed him after midnight or get him wet!

58. warrior rabbit says:

Nickole,

Yup, TGI and BYO are linguistic staples. You can now TGI and BYO whatever you want, and people will at least get the first three letters. Both are abbreviations that came from flyers.

Also, to use just “the 4th,” it’d at least have to be May or June for it to make any sense. If it was November and I asked what you were doing for the 4th, I think it might be a little confusing.

I’m going to assume you kicked out the Swedes on May 17.

59. This post has dropped off the most current list… but I thought this kitters (from More More More site http://www.dailykitten.com/ ) was an adorable parallel. Erm… or possibly, perpendicular.

60. warrior rabbit says:

That’s one groovy kitteh, with his soul patch and all.