Oh, fer cryin’ out—gad dernit

Ehn, ehn, ehn! [Scratch scratch srcatch] leeeeeeeeean Ehn!

Hollyharper

To my brilliant grandfather, Papa Frost, for sending this one in. XOXOXXOXO! Love, Grand Dot

Comments

1. comment!

2. Foist? Yay!

3. Second? Boo!

4. Knock knock.
    Who’s there?
    Ivan.
    Ivan who?
    Ivan itch where I can’t scratch!

5. I can’t tell if he’s scratchin’ his bum with his foreleg or scratchin’ his chest with his back leg. Regardless, scritchy-scratch, lil’ fella!

6. OMG, best evar!

7. Is that a groundhog? I love how his entire body is one big rump!

8. cute! well of course, all the shots are cute!

9. ShelleyTambo says:

I was talking to a coworker when I saw this and literally started laughing in the middle of my sentence. She’s addicted to CO, too, so at least she understood!

10. LMAO! Oh my GOD!

11. So the comments here don’t start until the knock-knock joke. I have to ask… are all you firsters the same folks who still think “SLUG BUG NO BACKS!” is a good way to pass the time?

Anyway. Great pic (I mean, this could be a Looney Toon), with great captions (I can *hear* this little feller speaking).

12. chelsea says:

aw his lil face is so determined! get that itch fella! get it!
    [and his tail!!]

13. Laurie C says:

How perfect — this is totally a grandad kind of picture. It just wouldn’t be as right for grandad to forward Meg a photo of fuzzy kitties.

14. TheLuna says:

He’s so *round*! I hope there’s not a croquet mallet headed for him! :0

15. t-o, this guy just *begs* for animatin’.

16. Critter with serious bootay.

17. Finn — hmmm.

18. he not a groundhog, he a grandhog, by cracky! What a stitch this feller is. SO full of personality!

19. you all think he’s scratching, when it is OBVIOUS the poor little fellah just threw his back:
    “aahh, my back!! sonny, come over and help me up!!”

20. brownamazon says:

Is this a prairie doggle, or a regular marmot of the suburban groundhog variety?

21. Aaargh.

re:Animation… the way I really want to do it is complicated, fiddly & time-consuming. Aaaaargh!!

22. what ELSE were you going to do today, whinerboy.

23. T.,
    lemme guess: you want him to roll backwards, right?

24. Looks like someone’s got what MY grandpa called “a hitch in his get-along.”

25. greg's_wifey says:

This little guy needs to strike a “You scratch my back I’ll scratch yours” deal with a buddy….

26. greg's_wifey says:

27. greg's_wifey says:

28. greg's_wifey says:

29. greg's_wifey says:

30. greg's_wifey says:

31. Precious!!

32. Too perfect for a Friday – gad dernit LMAO!! (whinerboy – hahahahaha)

33. Hee – made me laugh out loud!

34. Maybe Meg can do what Fark does–anytime someone types in “First post,” the Fark filter changes it to “Boobies.” Also, chronic first-posters get banninated.

35. “hitch in his get-along.” that’s awesome, JBo.

(but hushhhhhhhh. the master’s working.)

36. Too funny… we all have that moment… “can’t….. quite…. REACH!!!!” then when you do it’s all…. “awwwwwwww” with relief… *l*

37. English Chick says:

This lil guy needs a back scratcher

38. He reminds me of the little groundhog contractor in the Pooh/Blustery Day movie…the one with the “serpentine s’s” trying to get Pooh un-stuck!

39. AuntieMame says:

“Durn kids! Get offa my lawn!”

*scratch, scratch*

40. Laurie C says:

BEST words today: “grandhog” and “whinerboy”. Who needs the cute when you’ve got the comments?

41. oh, goodie!! t-o’s gonna surprise us~!

42. Li — why ban when you can belittle?
    ;)

[ducks back into teh GIMP shop...]

43. O H M Y G O O D N E S S!!!!

ROFLMAO!

What a little pudgy, wudgy little cuteness pie! I wanna bite him/her!

44. ohmygod… meggles, I’m crying because I’m laughing so hard. From Papa Frost eh?! so great!

45. victoria says:

Awesome choice!

46. Brown furry animal-thingy: “Doc, it hurts when I do this.” (BFA-T hoists one leg up toward his chin while twisting to one side and reaching for his tail with one arm and balancing himself on the ground with the other)

Doc: “Well, sonny, stop doing it then.”

(Hey, it’s a grandfather-y kinda comment and I’m tired, okay?)

47. hrh.squeak says:

I love the perfect silhouette of one tiny claw, poised to Strike and Scratch. I love the “grandhog”. Yay for Papa Frost!

48. Itch it! Itch it good

It’s not too late. To itch it. Itch it good!

Teddy

49. This is truly a LOL picture…I feel your pain little fuzzy love…

50. *L* How many times to I have to tell you? People are going to stop first-posting when you stop making a thing over them. You making a thing over them is tempting me to do it.

51. Genevieve says:

Ooouuu, let me get that…..right there……oh….there….almost got it….

52. This prairie dog looks as if he’s hit his own “kick spot” – you know how if you scratch your dog in juuuuuust the right place, that back leg starts kickin’?
    Love that li’l black-tipped tail.

53. CreepyGroovy says:

48th comment! Boobies!

54. Holly Harper?

55. [chuckles at Teddy's Devo reference]
    [being as I am from the same state as those dudes]

Okey dokes, peeps… can’t help but think someone else could do it better, tho *cough*MICHELLE*cough*…

(patience, let it load)

56. I love the extra floof at the bottom of his sleeve. And his expression. And the kicking footsie. And…

He’s looking a bit off balance tho. I betcha next thing he’ll tip over… :P

57. Awwwww, he is wonderful!

58. Oh YEAH, Theo! Perfect!! It feels better already!

59. Laurie C says:

Theo! Dude! You even got the shadow moving right. Well done.

60. teeheeheeho!! LMAO!

61. The wince-y eyed satisfaction!! OMG, I can’t stop laughing. UR an artiste, Teheo. (that wasn’t intentional…)

Meg, Hollyharper?

62. Yay!!!

63. aaaaahhhh!
    nice work ffeeoo!
    scritch scritch
    kick kick
    squint
    smile

64. Danielle says:

Ain’t it just like a man to be scratching his butt crack in public?

65. I can just hear his little “ehhnnnn”s. Prosh. I was just at the zoo yesterday watchin’ the prairie dogs and wondering why they didn’t get more CO Love.

The squidgy eyes! The full-body-bum! I wanna hug him! And then catch him cuz he’s about to fall over from the itchies.

66. *In a campy New York Jewish accent*
    Oye! I tell you this lower back pain is a killer. But of course you wouldn’t know because you never call anymore. God forbid you should pick up a phone. You with your fancy schmancy e-mail and your high speed connections.
    Never mind me. I’ll just sit here alone… in the dark.

67. Haha! Good one, EricaE!

This guy reminds me of Wilford Brimley for some reason. Cantankerous and itchy?

68. Just noticed Julie’s “his entire body is one big rump” comment, heh… except now I’ve been transported into the courtroom scene at the end of The Wall. With groundhogs. Trippy, animated groundhogs.

“Since, my friend, you have revealed your deepest feeeah…
    “I sentence you to have an awkward ITCH upon yo’ reaaah!”

[am now wondering what the dudes at Jimmy John's slipped into my sub]

69. Egads, EricaE and Theo…I will now spend the evening switching from “Oy” to …the “itch upon yo’ reaaah!”
    Lol….well, it’s a change from having the term “moist nosicles” running thru my head. :)

70. The Guy Over There says:

The plumber of groundhogs. Someone give that guy a Mario hat!

71. LOL!!!

72. Michelle says:

A hat and some britches.

“All this scratchin’s givin’ me a cramp in my finger. C’mere and pull my finger, wouldja?”

73. Brak_Silverbone says:

He needs a pair of overalls and a Caterpillar baseball cap. Or a can of beer within easy reach and a TV remote.

74. love the animation! it needs to be an icon!!! <3

75. cuteness lover says:

Ok,that is just freakin’ cute. How do they find this??

76. I would like to bite it’s rump.

77. Rodolfo Telles says:

Groundhogs are one of my least favorite animals. In the midwest farmers almost pay people to hunt them. A wildlife biologist in training said they are so nasty that they should be made extinct. Another person who has eaten them says they taste like beef.-Woods Walker.

78. Imagine him doing that while playing “Baby Got Back” LOL

79. Imagine him doing that while playing “Baby Got Back” LOL

80. This doesn’t look like a groundhog to me. At least it isn’t the same color as all the groundhogs I’ve seen.

81. Oooooooooooooooooh…
    That’s so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute…

82. Jean Lewis says:

Oh crap-the dreaded double itch and can’t quite reach either one!

83. Michelle says:

Not a groundhog but a prairie dog, I think. But they’re all in the marmot family.

84. Punk Penguin says:

i’ve been wondering if this pic would show up here. have had it on my blog forever. this sweetheart is a Black Tailed Prairie Dog, a threatened species that lives out in the prairies. billions used to live in a swath from mexico through the west into canada. now there are hundreds of thousands, dying off rapidly. my prairie dog’s name was Queequeg. they are the most loving animals, with so much smarts and personality. i did get him from a pet store but i am now against pet stores selling PD’s. the next one i get will be adopted.

85. Punk Penguin says:

PD’s are not in the Marmot family. their closest cousin is the ground squirrel. Queequeg hated to be called a squirrel. he didn’t mind being called a rodent but he drew the line at squirrel…probably because he watched them running around like nuts in the yard and felt they were undignified.

86. Thanks for the interesting info, PP!

And I couldn’t help giggling at the thought of squirrels “running around like nuts”…..lol

87. cuteness lover says:

Rodolfo Telles- What a Killjoy…..Where’s THEO? I thought THEO gaurded this sight from mean people like that.

88. Woods Walker isn’t a “meany,” Hammybodys.

89. OK, normally I wouldn’t comment on a picture so long gone, but this honestly takes the cake for the most redonkulously cute/silly/hilarious thing ever posted on CO. The round rolly body! The funny expression! The silly scratching!

Me loves him.

90. that’s way too cute.

91. Punk Penguin, I’m with you– this critter is lovely, and squirrels are evil… EVIL, I TELL YOU!

92. tap that ass!

93. Wow! This is SOOOO cute. Great action shot with lots of personality.