Weekend of Excess

I’m gonna totally go nuts this weekend! I’m gonna eat as many carrots as possible and PASS OUT!!!

Hungry_hungry_hamster

Hamsters Anonymous sent in by Bill M.

Comments

1. “It won’t…quite…fit…”

2. JessJess says:

Not cute not cute not cute, quite creepy though >.<

3. “GAAALGH”

4. Deep throat!

5. Hee! The eye bulge!

It almost looks like he’s gonna sling shot that carrot out of there.

6. Sort of cute, but yeah, creepy too. This is why I cut up carrots for my hammy!

7. Michelle says:

I’m using Safari and it still doesn’t work right on my computer either. Still get about 1/3 to 1/2 of the images chopped off. Even with Shift-refresh. :\

8. Michelle says:

Arrrgh. Meant to post that on the “Safari” thread.

9. Boy, what a big mouth you have!

10. chelsea says:

If he keeps going at that rate, his eyes are going to pop out! Hammies are so determined!

11. i think this picture is SO cute. and not creepy at all. I LOVE IT!

12. I don’t think it’s creepy. It’s adorable that he’s trying so hard to get as much carrot as possible!

13. ah ah he is very cute

14. MO0PTO0PMO0USE says:

looks like that kid from those 1970’s hamburger commercials..

15. MMOPPTTOPPMMOUSSE says:

p.s. little arm and hand.. VERY MON- CHICHI.. love

16. moooptpppmoouuse says:

..cute hams..yerpal mtm

17. omgosh no way that is too cute. gahhhh

18. ROFL!

19. Theo, my thoughts exactly. GULP.

20. aboyandhisdog says:

Roflcopters!

21. Could it be that the chemicals in carrots are actually making him high? ;)

Meg, great pic and captions!

22. ehehehehe cannot stop giggling! Makes me think of the mouse in Cinderella with too many kernals of corn!

23. and I cannot spell – kernel, I meant.

24. Join the club, Alice. :)

25. I can’t stop looking! It’s so damn cute!

26. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

Awww me likey this pic very much!
    1 carat/carrot worth of cuteness!

27. Awwwwww.
    *looks again* Yup, still cute.

I love the hamster pics, and the ones lately are so cute. Great captions too.

28. That’s the human equivalent of eating a 3 pound sausage!

29. Lillith says:

I love the little “What?” look on his face.

30. Lookit the little hungry hammie. Too precious.

31. Oh, that’s HILARIOUS!

32. It’s the wee fist trying to jam it in here that gets me. That and the BEF.

33. Michelle says:

haha greenighs, my thoughts zackly! That wee fist!

34. Not to mention: HAMSTER LIPS.

35. AH GOOGLE SEARCH INSTEAD OF ROLLYO!!!!

Meg, you rock. Sorry, caps are excitement, not anger. w00t!!

36. Mr Fluffy says:

… and the Hamster World Record For Most Carrots Eaten stands at… ONE.

37. AWW! Eating baby carrots will never be the same for me AGAIN.

38. I THINK I can, I THINK I can…

39. OMG…the little hamster fist is adorable…you can tell he’s working really hard to get the rest of that carrot in his tiny hamster mouth…too cute

40. Oh, and it’s not just any search – it’s a “SiZZearch”! w00t indeed!!!

41. Displayname says:

Alice – Gus-Gus? That’s a perfect name for him.

42. The Guy Over There says:

That hamster’s going to be a frat mascot, not only for attempting to perform a world record with his mouth, but for having the right attitude!

You, hammy, deserve a Black Flag tribute:

We’ve got nothing better to do,
    Then watch CO and have something to chew!

Don’t feed me with anything else, it will make me mean!
    I’m going to eat all my favorite greens!

Haygrass sprigs!
    Alfalfa sprouts!
    Carrots!
    Lettuce!!

43. Laurie C says:

I’m afraid he *will* fit it all in and then it’ll get stuck in there.

44. Kristen says:

It’s like when you stick an orange peel in your mouth and smile… or like Shaggy from Scooby Doo!

45. AhHahahahaha!! That’s great!

46. ah ha thank you! – Gus Gus was the mouse’s name. hehe it would definitely be an orange peel moment for hammy there, Kristin!

47. whah?!

umm hmmfrrumm eeerrree unnnree

(translation: I’m hungry, reeeeeally hungry)

48. “Not to mention: HAMSTER LIPS.”

Yes – like bunny lips! ;)
    Я Л
    (*ο*)

49. “mmmmrmph…baroo?”

50. How much carrot can this little dude fit in his mouth, what’s he trying to do, break a hammy record?

51. A thinker!

I’m so psyched you’re happy with Google search… As you can see, I try like every widget out there. I think Google is better in this case…

52. Hamsters have lips? no….

53. Constance says:

This is a stupid question, but when I first looked at that picture, it occured to me that it looks like someone put that in the hamsters mouth and he was trying to get it out. Just the way he’s being held, the position of his paw, plus I’m not sure how he woulda gotten it in there, etc etc etc.

Anyone else see that? or am I just being weird?

54. Michelle says:

It’s most likely the ham is putting the carrot in his mouth himself. Hammies collect and transport their food supply in their cheek pouches. They often cram as much as their pouch will hold to take back to their larder. Sometimes stuff gets stuck, but not too often. When emptying their pouches, their paws are usually shoving the bulge from behind the cheek.

55. displayname says:

Hammy: Ehn!

From the CO Glossary
    Ehn!: The sound every living creature makes when it can’t… quite…

56. Yes, Google search is def. better. Good move!

57. Hammy cramming–ALWAYS anerable!!

58. Constance says:

Thanks Michelle, I feel better now, and I can fully enjoy the awesomeness that is this image.

OMG SO CUTE!

squee!!!!!!

59. Plus those pouches go back further than that carrot has so far.
    It’s amazing how much they can actually fit in ‘em and very funny to see too!

Go hammie, you can do it!!!

60. BenPanced says:

As cartoonist B. Kliban once wrote, “Never eat anything bigger than your head.”

“I DON’T CARE! I’LL MAKE IT FIT, GOD*murfleurk*!”

61. Hilariously cute!

62. Bioflux says:

Now THAT is honest to God cute! He’s like a little cartoon charater! Awwwwww. Except for the SQEEEZING FINGERS!!! Ouch, man! Let a Hammie BREATHE!

63. “Goldfish swallowing. Substance abuse. Students sqeezing into VW’s, and similarly abusing phone booths. Trends like these have long been witnessed on our campuses from coast to coast. Now, via people who are trying to make a change – Hamsters Anonymous – new examples have come to light: ‘Mother’s Little Helpers’ cleverly disguised as massive corn kernels and now, the more alarming trend…CARROT CRAMMING. A recent member of HA is seen here undergoing the only known therapy: allowing a large human hand to sqeeze his abdomen until he is forced to remove the carrots one by one.”

64. Christabean says:

Look at him compared to the hands! That is like the biggest, fattest hamster in the world! And now we know why!

65. LOL – love how his eyes bulge a bit. He is one focused Hammie — “gotta..get..this..IN!!”

66. Natalia says:

my favorite photo EVER!

67. Christabean, I think he might be a Syrian hamster – they’re on the biggish side.

68. lauowolf says:

To me it looks as if he’s got a harmonica.
    Just needs a tiny mike in front of him.

69. “Waddya mean I should learn to eat with my mouth closed?”

70. My husband had this comment: “I like the combination of greed and panic in his eyes.”

71. Ha, “weekend of excess.” I also like the “greed and panic” comment. I lol’ed.

Constance, I don’t think anyone put the carrot in his mouth. It’s hard to hold hamsters a certain way, much less jam giant carrots into their cheeks. They can get some pretty impressive cheek fillage.

Go to http://www.hamsterific.com/CHEEZ.html and type the number 195 in the little box to see a little ham ham named Oreo Cookie demonstrate.

72. HA so funny. His eyes are kinda crazed. Great caption!

73. Have I seen WHAT carrot?

74. Hey, this hamster’s name is Petunia :) My brother-in-law took this photo, and I posted it on some other forum…funny to see how far little Petunia has gone on the Internets :)

75. Also, no the hamster was not abused! Unless you count spoiling as abuse ;0