Catacle

It’s really annoying when a barnacle-like kitten sticks to your back. It’s hard to get a good nap in.

P4280189

P4280188_1

Teeny tail thanks to Mario the kitten and sender-inner Luigi Schiavo, Ph.D., D.Sc.
CEO/CIO/CTO.

Comments

1. momma cat is certainly trying to get that nap in, though.

2. which reminds me:

Happy Mother’s Day to all mommas of all species out there. we at the COHQ virtual offices all over the world, salute you!

3. Definitely rule 7, with just a touch of rule 17.

4. and btw,

First! er, look, MARMALADE KITTEH!!

5. Sorry, I meant rule 19. Look at that wee little paw pad! You know you just want to squoosh it.

6. tiny bum-hug!
    what a baby!

7. Aaaaaand, the obvious: They’re Siamese twins! (har)

8. Bubbles says:

Oh man, if that isn’t the bestest nap EVAR!

9. BAH! Bum hug!

10. Laurie C says:

I should think the presence of a kitten bum-hug would *improve* the taking of a nap. That comforting little bulk all snuggled up? Better than counting sheep.

11. OMGosh! Take a look at that ear crinkle (kitten, first pic)… I’m swooning… !!

12. Wouldn’t it be super if Mario had a brother?

13. Aubrey,

it’d be “shtuper”.

14. Ah, the young people today, with their hula hoops, milk shakes and rock ‘n roll, spinning donuts on my front lawn…

15. awww – I love how the kitty’s face is all smooshed against the mommy’s bum!

16. The teeny-tiny kitteh smile in pic#2! Too much!

17. Talk about comfterbuls! And those kitteh’s feetsies are mighty large – must be a boy kitteh!

18. rule #7 — hands down my favorite rule :)

19. ahhh
    kind of reminds me of cat love!

20. McKimchi says:

These are definetly 8th degree sleepers. I’m currently training under a 7th degree cat sensei, who’s teaching me some advanced sleeping forms starting next week.

Someday my sleeping skills will be on par with cats like these.

21. IT’S M.C. ESCHER COME TO LIFE!

22. It’s a Siamese bun warmer, is what it is. Prrrrow.

23. jenni joon says:

Kitty Velcro! Who knew?! That is So Freakin’ Cute (SFC)!

24. Once again, mother/kitten love just makes me melt into a puddlicious pool of appreciation.

25. A Fine Morsel says:

Momma! Don’t dream without me! I’ll come with you…

26. are you kidding me? this is so sweet, i may get diabetes and vommit.

27. The Guy Over There says:

It’s like they’re siamese even if they don’t please (but they DO)!

28. Leilani says:

It’s not a catacle–it’s a bun-warmer!

29. jenni joon says:

Gus, I simply had to say: I am *still* laughing out loud over your comment. I just love it! Yet another reason I visit C.O. at least a gazillion times a day: the commentary is total comic relief.

30. Siamese kitties, two for the price of one! Yay, my day got a whole lot better!

31. Those barnacle-like kittens are impossible to get rid of, but who would want to? Mario looks just like – well, much like, anyway – my baby Kaylee, who is big on the clinging herself.

32. My two kitties have pink toes and black toes (respectively) but these little chocolate Siamese toes are killing me!

33. Sigh-amese.

34. I couldn’t stop smiling. My insides feel funny because I can not handle the cuteness, and now my cuteness threshold is so high that I’ll never find anything cute ever again.

35. jennifuh says:

NEW CATEGORY NEEDED!

Mamas -n- Bebes!

36. Beauregard says:

Oh this is redonkulous! This might be the cutest kitten photo CO has ever seen. Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms!

37. AuntieMame says:

Say, Doc, I’ve got this hairy growth on my bum. Do you think it’s something serious?

(Wow, the submitter has some impressive credentials!)

38. Choco-siams!

Delish!

39. so cute!

40. KITTEH!

When is there gonna be a “mom & kitteh” category…?

Get it? CATegory? ROFL

PS KITTEH!

41. the mamma kitty looks exactly like my siamese mix Maia! she was a little white ball of fluff when she was a kitten. i just loooooovvvvveeeee siamese kitties!!!!!!

42. “We are Siamese if you please. We are Siamese if you don’t please.” etc
    Compliments of Disney’s The Aristocats!

43. ottersmoo says:

Ok…2 things
    1. Does that kitten have Yoda’s head?

2. I think the kitteh fell asleep while crawling on momma trying to get her to play.

Thoughts?

44. karen, I think it’s Lsdy and the Tramp… and Peggy Lee.

45. omg I want to grab the teeny tailed baby and stick it right on my shoulder and curl up in bed and go right to sleep. The kitten would stay alseep, emiting the teensiest, softest little ‘honk-shuuuu”s one could imagine.

46. Heh, my first thought on reading Catacle was a play on canticle, which would make this pair the Cat of Cats, or something truly sublime.

Happy Mom’s Day indeed. I love my mommy and my grandma’s all.

And if you want something Aristocatic:

“Everybody wants to be a cat (yeah) because a cat’s the only cat who knows where it’s at. Everybody’s pickin’ up on that feline beat, cuz everything else is . . . obsolete.”

47. ElfOwl, did you just get that M.A.?

48. Is there any super glue there, or just totally super cute? My kitten does this to me while she sleeps, and it’s REALLY annoying if you want to roll over…

49. Collison, oh my, i believe you are correct! How could I mix up my Disney movies like that!

50. E.C. – Yup, walked yesterday morning. Now all my friends must call me MASTER! (:-P yeah right).

51. CONGRATS ELFOWL!!!

52. Yes, congrats!!!! Nice feeling, isn’t it? (Being *finished* with the degree, that is…)

Better not let that hood get too big for your shoulders, or something like that…!

53. This looks kind of like when they used to launch the space shuttle from the back of a 747

54. Heh, thanks everyone! E. C., yes, it feels AWESOME. Now I just need to find a job :-P. Theo, thanks for the link! I hadn’t seen that one.

55. ElfOwl, SWEEET! What kind of job do you need then?

Congratul-owl-shuns!

56. AuntieMame says:

On the theme of hairy growths, check out this photo:

57. Yay for ElfOwl! I wish I were you – still working on mine!

58. Luigi Schiavo, Ph.D., D.Sc. says:

I submitted these two photos and the bigger cat is Vincenzo (Vinnie 4.5 years old) He is a male who is breast feeding little Mario but not so much now cause Mario is now 11 weeks old. He was 7 weeks old in those photos.

59. Mario looks like Skippyjon Jones to me. (check out the books on Amazon … super cute if you have a young reader in your house!)
    Uh, Luigi, how could Vincenzo be breast-feeding??