All-Bunny Tuesday: Ears mid-lop

This BUNNEH must be a ‘tween’—his voice is obviously changing, and his ears are mid-flop. He’s tryin’ to hang with chicks after school, too. I think I see a Nintendo DS in the bedding back there…

Bunneh2

()_() Thanks for sending in, E to the C, and Rabbits-online ;)
(* * )
0 0
(    )>
——

Comments

1. AuntieMame says:

Looks like he’s ready for a good gossip over the back fence.

“So, didja hear about Mabel and the mailman?”

2. I will scoop him up and put him in my pocket and wub him forever.

3. I think this is evidence that the news is spreading rapidly. Those giant ears are like microwave communications towers. “Station DS reporting: It has begun! The Revoqution is now!”

4. Kris, in New England says:

“Yo dude, where’s the party at? I’m, like, ready to break out anytime you can spring me.”

The half-mast ears MUST be a new rule of cuteness…

Our New Zealand White – Blossom – used to look at us with one ear up and one ear half down – we were always thankful we really didn’t know what she was thinking…

5. constance says:

Bunny:”Yes, bar tender, I’ll have a root beer, on the rocks,light on the foam please, it tickles my cute little nose!”

6. He’s also got the requisite adolescent scowl…

7. Jennie says:

My god, those tiny paws…I think my brain just melted.

8. SnorglerExtrordinare says:

I want to snorgle all these prosh BUNNEHS! Luv the all bun Tuesday, this tewtally phenominal site, and just wanted to say – Meg, you make my mornings! This site is a MUST daily – yes I’m happily addicted. Your gang of commenters are a hoot!!!11!!

9. AHHH! His wi’uhl stain’d feets remind me of this guy in middle school–fingers always stain’d with Spicy Cheeto dust.

Clearly this bun is frequenting the snack machine in the cafeteria.

10. zoozoo says:

He’s having his mid-lop crisis. So cutes!

11. oliver says:

oh… my… god.

words cannot describe the cuteness of that picture

12. Aurhora says:

Haha, he seems just as socially awkward as a bunch of the ‘tweens’ at the middle school. XD

13. deltabob says:

Yep – I recognize that look of discontenment around the mouth as the same one my niece has *grin*.

14. Aubrey says:

I think bunny is signaling to the Germans…

15. Yep, he’s got plenty of Bunnitude, alright!

l_l
    *¡*
    ( )
    ” “

16. bunnies says:

i am undone.

17. Sprout says:

look at those little paws. so adorable. i think he’s trying to catch a signal with those ears.

18. The not-so-cute side of the animal kingdom (from today’s New York Times):

“Rabbits live together in complex burrows, where an expecting female will build a little nest and line it with grass and fur that she plucks from her flank. When she is ready to give birth, she enters the chamber and in less than eight minutes plops out 10 pups, ‘like peas in a pod,’ Dr. Hudson said.

“Without bestowing on the litter so much as a single welcoming lick, the mother hops back out, closes up the entrance and leaves the helpless, furless newborns to huddle among themselves in the dark. Over the next 25 days, the mother will return to the nest for a mere two minutes a day, during which she crouches over the pups and they frantically nurse.

“‘Her milk is under high pressure, and it’s almost squirted into their mouths,’ Dr. Hudson said. ‘You can see them visibly expand, like little grapes.’

“Two minutes are up, and she’s out of there. On Day 26, she abandons them completely, and the bunnies must crawl from the nest and make their way in the world on their own.

“The mother rabbit may seem awfully cold for a warmblood, but her aloofness makes sense. Rabbits are a highly popular prey, and many predators will pursue them into their burrows. To keep the fox from the nursery door, the mother rabbit shuns the room. Her absence may not make her pups’ hearts grow fonder, but it may keep those hearts thumping a little longer.”

YEESH! Happy Mother’s Day?!?

19. He’s saying, “Dude, don’t tell my friends that you sent my picture in to that cute website….you’ll embarrass meeee!!!”

20. you guys r silly says:

Does THIS count as a
    *Baroo*???
    &:o?

21. awwwwww, it DUZ!!

22. btw, E.C., I think this is probably a Disapproving Rabbit, as well.

23. Aubrey says:

J.Bo: Maybe not cute, but definitely brave and marvelous.

24. DavidBoBavid says:

look at those little hands!! that’s awesome.. and he looks like he’s got a fair bit of attitude as well.

25. “btw, E.C., I think this is probably a Disapproving Rabbit, as well.”

Me, too. But – since he’s all slouchy, my guess is that he’s got the equivalent of baggy jeans hanging off his hind end, biiig Converses on his thumpers, and a dusty bunny knapsack slung low on one shoulder…

26. “The not-so-cute side of the animal kingdom (from today’s New York Times)…”

Well, yes – they’re potential dinner for every passing predator, so they’re great at hiding.

27. E.C., I like the picture. We had ASBO otters the other day (courtesy Tony James); maybe this is an ASBO bunny?!

28. Maybe – which means he should have some sweet bunny ninja skilss!

29. Err, “skills.”

30. Can I just have the little caramel spotted one on his right… talk about adorable!

31. A thinker, he must be a young relative of James “Hopper” Dean – a Rebel With Paws.

32. Didja notice that he has freckles on one side of his face? Hee hee!

33. maymee says:

*gasp*
    SQUEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!

34. (On second thought, if he’s a gawky teenager, maybe they’re zits.)

35. (On second thought, if he’s a gawky teenager, maybe they’re zits.)

36. I love the dirty lil paws. He obviously just enjoyed a fresh hop around his pen. :D

37. LOL @ E.C.–“Rebel With Paws”. Think I’m going to print that out as a sign and stick it on his cage! Hee!

38. Diane N says:

Huh, except for the ears, he even looks like the character “Tweener” on Prison Break! Good call, Meg.

39. fuzzy….

must

snorgle

deeply

between

ears.

40. A thinker, I wish I could claim Rebel with Paws as mine, but I’ve seen it elsewhere…

41. Aubrey says:

Such a paws-ture of modesty is only to be envied, EC. Bravo.

42. Tony James says:

Mr. Collison, sir – shouldn’t that be “skillz”, as I understand it’s written in sk8r-spk?
    And interestingly enough, naughty bunnies don’t get ASBOs – they get a spoonful of chamomile tea to be taken at bedtime, this usually straightens them out quite nicely.

43. “Mister” Collison? “Sir?”

44. Tony James says:

Ms. Collison, ma’am – better?

45. unka-ffeeo,
    is auntie C a man?
    why did that other man call her a man?

46. why are manz and womanz diffrunt?

47. Ah. Chamomile tea. Does the same for me, actually…

48. Ariel, sweetie, AuntieM is not a man, no. AuntieM is a massive artificial intelligence that lives in your cell phone, and in mine. AuntieM is all cell phones everywhere. AuntieM can in fact be quite rude in movies and restaurants.

As for your other question re:differences, as a matter of fact, I’ve made it my life’s mission to scour the internet diligently for clues. I’m compiling an answer (and categorizing, and cross-referencing, and practicing) which I should have ready for publication before I pass away from sheer exhaustion. One hopes.

49. Um.
    OK, yes, you asked about Auntie *C.* and not Auntie *M.* at all. Never could keep track of your side of the family…

50. The bun on the right is totally sayin’ “WTF?”

51. “Ms. Collison, ma’am – better?”

As they say in Brazil – muito obrigada [note feminine form, 'cause a woman's sayin' it], Senhor James. (“James” should be pronounced in 2 syllables, sounding somewhat similar to “jammies,” but with a softer “a.”)

Silss/skillz: well, I was sorta quoting Napoleon Dynamite. I don’t think anyone up in Idaho is fer-real urrrban, dude.

52. That was meant to be “skills” – argh!!!

Nice bunz make it all better, tho.’

53. C. Chesney-Thompson says:

looks like a cute furry gremlin

54. Tony James says:

Senor Jammies?
    “Do you expect me to talk?”
    “No, Senor Jammies Bond – I expect you to DIE! Bwa haha aha ha ha aha!”

55. Tony James says:

Senor Jammies sounds like a cute name for a kitten or something. Like Mr. Fuzzyboots, or Miss Kittenbritches.

56. xiaolongnu says:

You know, with the readership of this blog sending in as many pictures as they do, you’d think there’d be an image of a bunny *actually* hanging with chicks, but there isn’t, as far as I can tell.

Any offers?

57. JessJess says:

OH NO! Not the floppy ears anything but the floppy ears!!! *explodes from the insane cuteness*

(\ /)
    (o.o)
    (> < )

58. Such a longing look – I think we’ve come in at the end of another fruitless conversation between James Bun and Miss MoneyBunny.

59. Right, that’s the end of that..head has exploded due to excess of cuteness. Thanks a lot!

60. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

OH MY GAWD! i love dat dustbunny! he looks like a wee mini scotty dog!

61. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

OH MY GAWD! i love dat dustbunny! he looks like a wee mini scotty dog!

62. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

OH MY GAWD! i love dat dustbunny! he looks like a wee mini scotty dog!

63. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

OH MY GAWD! i love dat dustbunny! he looks like a wee mini scotty dog!

64. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

OH MY GAWD! i love dat dustbunny! he looks like a wee mini scotty dog!

65. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

OH MY GAWD! i love dat dustbunny! he looks like a wee mini scotty dog!

66. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

what? howd i get in this one?

67. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

what? howd i get in this one?

68. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

what? howd i get in this one?

69. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

what? howd i get in this one?

70. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

what? howd i get in this one?

71. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

what? howd i get in this one?

72. ok, now i underthtand.

73. oTAY!

74. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

To: E. Collison
    Congrats on getting a bun bun!
    What kind?
    What color?
    What name?

Dying for the details! LOL!

75. All will be revealed in due course, owner of Netherland Dwarf bun (and everyone else)… And thanks for asking!

76. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner!!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

Aaahhh…Me thinks maybe a C O post some time, E. C.
    ??? :)Just me, guessing…

77. my bunnies live in my apartment with me, use a litter box like cats, are never locked in a cage. Hint for clean, happy bunny- don’t use bedding!! and have your bun spayed or nuetered: http://www.rabbit.org