Move over, Romeo + Juliet

What’s in a name? that which we call t3h cute
By any other name would be as cute;
So fl00fy would, were it not fl00fy call’d,
Retain that dear perfection which it owes
Without the title…

Merlin_cocolovebirds_lg1

This reenactment of Shakespeare was brought to you by Lafeber Company baby bird contest winners.

Comments

1. Michele says:

omg i’m going to get super sweet love birds one day so I can get oooomigawsh sewwwww cyottte moments like this all thetime. And name the birds after me and my man ^_^
    i think im the first comment!

2. “Dahlink, I lofs you.”

3. maymee says:

Aaawww looky the purdy birdies they lubs each other!

4. Dustbuffalo says:

It’s the meeting of black/white and technicolor!

5. adorababy says:

i love the pink blush on the male’s capulet

6. pheral says:

Oh my goodninks! They’re gorgeous. Reminds me of my Dutch friends bird Ricki, i’d lay my head on the arm of the sofa and he’d hop up and preen all over my face and make little chuttling noises. Adorkable.

7. adorababy says:

“no other luvberd would thmell as tweet, fl00f”

8. The Guy Over There says:

Picture-wise, it’s interesting seeing the monochrome bird next to the color one. It’s like that noir effect.

“The dame reached over and painted me one against the cheek before she sang like a canary. That’s just one of the stories in the big apartment. I’m a bird, and this is one of them.”

9. So cute I have to go home now!

10. LOVEBIRDS!! Lovebirds! lovebirds!

“A bird and his birdette
    shall not be parted by
    colour, or lack thereof
    for in the blush of one’s
    cheek shines the blush
    of the other’s love.”

11. couch-cross’d feathers

12. so shows a snowy dove trooping with crows

13. adorababy says:

Butt-soft! What light through yonder window beaks?

14. adorababy says:

a pair of love-crossed starlings?

15. “With love’s light wings did I o’er-perch this couch”

16. A Fine Morsel says:

O the roundness of the heads!!!

17. OMG, youse guys are cracking me up with these Bard-ish comments.

“See how she leans her cheek upon her hand…O that I were a glove upon that hand,
    That I might touch that cheek.”

18. Svenster says:

Pear/graphite!
    Excellent combo of flavours.

19. skwerly, please to be substituting “beak” for “cheek”, “wing” for “hand” and “feather” for “glove”.
    sank’oo.

20. RavishingRoberta says:

:::Whispering To Lover::: Can You Hear All This Mushy Stuff These People Are Saying? Let’s Go Find A Place A Little More Private…..Yes; I’ve Got The Chamboird & Berries. You Just Slip Into Something A Little More Comfortable……….

21. you guys r silly says:

I’m confused…Why is the whole picture in color except the one widdle love-bird is NOT??? Part of me wonders if it’s a NEW color??? (gray???)(his beak IS in color…)
    We had lovebirds years ago — precious little guys, but lovebirds *are very naughty* little things!!! &:o)

22. The gray one is probably a female – they tend to have less color than males. Her beak *is* in color, and her cheeks have a faint pink tinge to them.

Keep up the birdie pictures! :)

23. More Bard –

“My lord, ’tis but a base ignoble mind
    That mounts no higher than a bird can soar.”

2 Henry VI, II, i

24. Mercutio, in Romeo and Juliet:

“Appear thou in the likeness of sigh;
    Speak but one rhyme, and I am satisfied!
    Cry but ‘Ay me! pronounce but ‘love’ and ‘dove':
    Speak to my gossip Venus one fair word…”

25. And last – but absolutely *not* least, The Reflections:

“Our love’s gonna be written down in history
    A-Just like Romeo and Juliet

(Ooh-ooh-oop)
    (Dooo, doot, doot, doot, doot, doot, doot, doo-doop)…”

26. adorababy says:

Boyluvberd – I’ll look to like, if looking liking move; But no more deep will I endart mine eye than your consent gives strength to make it fly.

Gurlluvberd – The hook of your beak is sharp! I think it’s getting stuck…

“Pointy birds,
    oh pointy pointy.
    Anoint my head
    anointy ‘nointy… “
    Steve Martin

27. “Well I dreamed your dream for you,
    “And now your dream is real
    “Now how can you look at me
    “As if I was just another one of your deals?”

(I’m pretty surprised nobody’s done that one yet)

28. Theo–Dylan?

29. Such war of white and red within her cheeks!
    What stars do spangle heaven with such beauty,
    As those two eyes become that heavenly face?

30. Jaypo — errm… hop the pond & try again.

31. RavishingRoberta says:

OK Now I Am Gonna Be Singin That Frieken Song All Day Long…..Just Like A Romeo And Juliet…..Mmmmmm Mmmmmm Mmmmmm (Humming Cuz I Don’t Know The Words)

32. “‘Tis not through envy of your happy lot, /But being too happy in thine happiness, /That thou, light-wingèd Dryad of the trees, /In some melodious plot /Of beechen green, and shadows numberless, /Singest of summer in full-throated ease. . . . /Thou wast not born for death, immortal Bird!”

33. ElfOwl, could this be by John ParaKeats? (Sorry, I could not resist!)

34. EC–you are TOO good!! LOL!!

35. Heee… you set yourself up for that one, you know!

36. Oops, sorry jaypo – I thought you were ElfOwl, though the statement’s still true. ;)

37. Aubrey says:

I always preferred Cyrano myself:

“A kiss is a message too intimate for the ear, infinity captured in the bird’s brief visit to a feeder, secular communication with an aftertaste of heaven, the wings rising in the air to flutter its name on a lover’s beak: ‘Forever'”

38. I have lovebirds..Im glad others appreciate the cute

39. Dangit, E.C.! I *knew* I was missing *something* good. Mainly I dropped those lines cuz Ode to a Nightingale is one of my favoritist po-ems EVAR. EXCELLENT pun. I’m only disappointed I didn’t think of it. I am, after all, the girl who named her car Otto. :-P

40. Just so’s y’all don’t think I’ve completely flipped out, that quote up there was a couple of lines from “Romeo & Juliet” by Dire Straits, from the Making Movies album. And by “hop the pond,” I meant, wrong continent, try the other side of the ocean.

Not feeling terribly well understood today.

41. “I am, after all, the girl who named her car Otto.”

Argh!!! Actually, I’m kinda surprised the parakeats thing occurred to me, since I’m really *not* all that punny.

Theo, I knew you were talking about England… ‘Fraid the Dire Straits ref was lost on me, thouugh.

42. Aubrey says:

“I am, after all, the girl who named her car Otto.”

I wouldn’t expect anything less from a ‘Lady Writer’.

43. Freya Lorelei says:

The “grey” lovebird is a colour variety called Dutch Blue. Lovebirds are not sexually dymorphic; males and females are identical and it’s virtually impossible to tell them apart without having them professionally sexed. My lovebird is twelve years old, and I STILL don’t know if it’s a male or female! It doesn’t matter unless you plan to breed, though; the personalities aren’t gender-based.

44. Grasshopper says:

The birds are anerable and the comments are great.
    Theo for quoting from one of my favorite Dire Straits songs I send you this,

45. Aubrey – AHEM! (Caps for emphasis, not shouting.)

“Lady writer” indeed! ;)

46. Displayname says:

“Hey Baby. Can I have your phone number? I’ve seem to have lost mine. Aw, just kiddin’ Baby. Seriously, is your Dad a mechanic? ’cause you got all the right parts. No seriously, seriously. I may not be Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make your Bed Rock! [Beak chompage]

Borrowed from Megarama

47. Aubrey says:

Grasshopper:

I believe that Truffle, from The Daily Kitten, achieves at least one rule of cuteness – i.e. wee teeny tail. Now, Truffle also features Front Paws Close Together, which I thought was another Rule of Cuteness (ROC). However, I did not see it featured.

48. Widdle cute birdies snuggles up on the lounge.

Da..Da.Da DAAAAAAAA
    Da..Da.Da DAAAAAAAA

Here comes the bride bursting with pride.
    Here comes the groom
    entering the room.

birds snuggling should be a rule of cuteness does any body second the notion

49. Widdle cute birdies snuggles up on the lounge.

Da..Da.Da DAAAAAAAA
    Da..Da.Da DAAAAAAAA

Here comes the bride bursting with pride.
    Here comes the groom
    entering the room.

birds snuggling should be a rule of cuteness does any body second the notion

50. Awww….reminds me of my late lovebird, Hoku. He loved to snuggle with his parakeet friend Tiki, and they learned how to make each other’s little chirpy noises!

Every once in a while, even though Tiki now has a new parakeet girlfriend, he’ll still jump up and down on his perch and make lovebird noises.

51. “He loved to snuggle with his parakeet friend Tiki, and they learned how to make each other’s little chirpy noises!”

I just hit the deck.

52. “Cheer up, emobird!”

53. Cassidy says:

can we make a birdie thursday please?because tomorrow is my birthday and i love the birdies and you hardly ever post birdies

54. omg!! those birdies r sooo cute!! :):D i want em!! luv mikki!!