And, we’re Baaaaaack!

PaulabeardSomething went wrong with Typepad yesterday where they suffered a "Denial of Service" attack! The downtime meant you haven’t gotten your fix in a while, our apologies. Who would dare attack Typepad!? SAVE US, WONDER WOMAN!

Comments

1. This is finals week…I need my cute fix now more than ever!

2. Wonder whaaaa…?

3. Laurie says:

Yay, Meg’s back! Our own Wonder Woman!

4. Yay, glad the cuteness is back. I’ve become addicted to at least 3 hits of cuteness a day.

5. Krista — and now you’re a commenter.
    TEH QT PNZ J00.

6. Oh how I’ve missed the cuuuute updates!

7. BTW, FYI, ETC –
    Status updates for TypePad (and other Six Apart services like LiveJournal) can be read here:

8. MaggieBelle says:

Sigh. I just don’t get the new language the kids are using these days.

What I do get, however, is how cute that lil wonder pup is. Lasso and all.

9. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

it looks like Wonde Wuppy forgot to wax an area

10. Laurie says:

I think s/he is even sitting in the invisible plane.

11. why the peach hands?

12. Constance says:

Oh my God. That picture just made my birthday SO much better. My day is complete!

…well add that to the “SQUEEE!!!” shirt my parents gave me (yeah, what of it? so I’m 23…)

haha! THanks for the chuckle meg!

13. Wow…. Wonder Woman is looking a little …. woof…

14. pheral says:

lmfao! wonder woman has a third leg. it’s hairy. i’m scared…

15. adorababy says:

wonderpup’s shorts look a bit lumpy… a wonderlump… hmm

16. moptopmouse says:

Not so fast! This is not so cute.. reminds me of those National Enquirer photos of the southern hemisphere people with that so-called ‘werewolf condition’.. hmmm..

17. The legs and hands look to be part of the costume – the parts that would normally be the skin that is showing. Someone at the costume factory must have got hold of the now-verboten “skin tone” crayon – can it be that cute is racist? (insert sarcastic tone here – no flaming please) ;-)

18. adorababy says:

wonderpup has brought me much much much closer to Jesus

19. Umm, yeah, so, ahhhhhh, my comment should have mentioned that it was in response to ariel’s question about the peach hands…… Thank goodness it’s time to go home now.

20. adorababy says:

no don’t thank goodness. thank wonderpup. *thank you, wonderpup*

21. pheral says:

no, don’t thank goodness, thank gun!

(i hope to god someone gets that, or i’ll be harranged for the ‘arming bears’ argument. is harraging anything like meranguing? i wish i could spell that.)

22. pheral, i will merangue you thoroughly.

23. Please Hammer, don’t hurt ‘em!

Does the pup do the twirly-around-thing like Lynda Carter did?

24. btw, i guess i knew what was up w/the peach hands REALLY, i just found them unpleasant.

25. pheral says:

WHEE! Sledge love.

Hofficer, hi was proceeding in a southerly direction, when hi was thoroughly merangued. :O

26. pheral says:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa strange things are happening! the walls are closing in!!

27. Poor puppy….

28. I’m speechless.

29. Beauregard says:

But what’s up the layout?

30. Oh that’s even cooler than my Wonder Woman Underoos…

31. whoooooaaaaa, i have just returned from a very strange place. i was perusing the glASSary, & found myself sucked into that age-old heated, circular debate about the cats n’ racks photo/category. phew!
    glad to be back.

32. The layout’s freaking out for me too, both in FireFox and IE, but in *different* ways for each one… er, Megs? You experimenting?

33. Dustbunny says:

I suspect the Flying Teddies of Doom had something to do with the attack on Typepad.

P.S. Ariel & Pheral — are you talking about lemon merangue??

34. Dustbunny says:

I just noticed “Caption Me” is now back on the main page, where it belongs. Yay!

35. well ariel, I’m home now and I guess I have to take back both comments….. lol

Wonderpuppy, activate!

36. pheral says:

i dunno, i was too busy scraping it off so i could report to the hofficer. what falvour was it ariel? Dr Pepper? I’d like some Dr Pepper flavoured merangue right about now.

Also, re: teddies, i suspect you’re right.

37. AuntieMame says:

It just looks like it’s spread out a little more on the page.

And for the record, it’s merIngue. :)

38. AuntieMame says:

Well, damn this sans serif font anyway.

m-e-r-i-n-g-u-e

39. auntiem, LOL!!

meringue spread out all over the page!

40. shanchan says:

The new layout makes me sad- all the cute pictures are chopped up! No kitten for the rottweiler! No neck for orange kitty! And…and…eeek, no head for the horsie! Totally harshing my cute mellow, dude.

41. pheral says:

>meringue spread out all over the page!

lofl!

42. Not to be confused with *merEngue,* tho’…

43. hey, great, i’ll just get my saxophone, let’s make merengue people!

(that’s not “let’s make Merengue People”. That’s another thing altogether)

44. “No one can resist the golden lasso. It binds all who are encircled and compels them to tell… the truth!”

ariel–please don’t use the glASSary without ASSistance or that can happen again…

45. oh man

::whispers:: the puns have followed us here. just don’t make any sudden movements, and let’s hope they’re a bit like T Rex’s.

46. Ponygirl says:

whats going on with the text at the top of front page?

“…At Cute Overloadâ„¢, we scour the Web for only the finest in Cute Imagery…”

It looks fine on this page, but everytime I refresh the front page it dones’t fix itself. Curious.. and not cute.

47. Ponygirl says:

Oh, and I missed the cuteness!

48. Ponygirl says:

Oh, and I missed the cuteness!

49. [whispers to pheral] yes, I think they’ve leapt across pages but T Rex doesn’t quite fit the profile. I think they’re…velASSoraptors!!!

Okay that’s the *LASST* time I’m punning!! I couldn’t help it.

50. what kind of dog is that? Does anyone know??

51. anmlvr21 says:

Oh No!!! Where did the Rottie’s kitty go??? He must have eaten her! Come back kitty, come back!

52. mopTOPmouse says:

Give me a break! WonderWoman’s hands were ALWAYS ‘peach’ and this sweet little dog wouldn’t KNOW THE DIFFERENCE ANYWAY..

53. >>I think they’re…velASSoraptors!!!
    >>Okay that’s the *LASST* time I’m punning!!

aahahaha! aaahaha. hilariASS.

dude. i’m going to bed before it gets any worse. :P

54. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

i thought somethind wASS fishy the other day when only one, of my cute fixes, was on the main page! [i know horrible joke] Constance congrats and happy b-day! lucky! and youu’re nine years older than me!

55. why don’t you move away from typepad and the such? host your own blog! :)

56. Is this one of the Power Pup Girls?

57. major silliness today! Meringue, merengue, harangue … they all look more ridiculous the longer you look at them. Just like that dog.

58. There have been a lot of DDOS attacks going around lately. Sorry y’all got caught in the same mess, Meg!

–TwoDragons

59. I was wondering why the pics weren’t showing up yesterday; I thought it was just my computer, but I missed them! Glad that Wonder Woman saved us!

60. makiono says:

Hey, does this pic remind anyone else of the Namennayo cats?
    soo cute ^.^

61. Cute pup. Layout is killing me. Less cute and more advertising. Ick. X_X

62. The dog is probably a Keeshond, maybe a Norwegian Elkhound.

63. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

Less cute and more advertising. Ick. X_X
    i totally second that Dixie!

64. The dog is definitely a Keeshond – I’d know one anywhere.

65. KEESHOND! Wow, I never see my favorite breed in anything! Now, I need to get one of those costumes for my dog…

66. ♥'s G.D. & animals ☺ says:

oh and the lady who said her “neice” was tramatized, she admited in a laster thread that her niece was imaginary and i was brave for her to admit it

67. THAT is one of the cutest and funniest pictures I have ever seen! Where in the world did that costume come from? :-) And how did someone get their pet to sit still long enough to take that picture, as well as put on the clothes? :-)

68. Can you please tell me where I can find this costume??? I am a wonder woman fanatic, & I have a cute little doggie that would look great in this costume!! Thank you!

69. guy off camera: yes, we need wonder woman’s stand in.

dog: I am ready for my close up.