We Are Your Couchmasters

Willow_bounce

Well met and well come to the court of Blue Couch, capital and seat of power for all of Living Room.  The protocols are as they have always been, fair pilgrim:  There will be no sipping of precarious liquids.  There will be no hogging of blankets.  There will be no licking of hineys.  And above all, this court will brook no blasphemy.  We need hardly mention that transgressions will be swiftly dealt with.  We’ve got eyebeams and by golly we’ll use them if we have to.

Offerings of the chewy fish and crunchy peanut variety will, of course, be graciously accepted.

You may now rise.

(NOTE — that’s Willow "the Pillow" Wabbit and Aslan P. Lion, aka "Mr. Bounce" up there.  We wuvs dem.)

Comments

1. Joanna says:

Do the kitty and bunny get along or just barely tolerate each other?

2. lauren says:

priceless caption :)

3. THEO, rokkin’ cap-shons!

4. What Meg said!

5. maymee says:

I fear the eyebeams. *trembles*

6. Aubrey says:

And there will be no saying “ni!”

7. mummy,*sobs* the mean kitty is scarings me *bursts into tears*

8. AuntieMame says:

Hmm…I suddenly have a powerful urge to buy lots of carrots and kitty kibble…

9. sweet jane says:

Caption perfection.

10. The bunny looks hypnotized! or maybe bunny can hypnotize whoever misbehaves on the couch! “you wiiill behaave….you wiiiill not lick hineys…”

11. RavishingRoberta says:

OK…..I Personally Think That Has Been Shopped. But; As Computer Challenged I Could Be Dead Wrong.

12. ka9q's wife says:

Um do i kiss Mr Bounce’s paw and kneel?
    God i would faint if he made me an offer i couldn’t refuse.

13. Aubrey says:

Every Pilgrim’s Progress should stop at this court.

14. I’m doing jury service in two weeks, really hope the judge isn’t as scary as this one!

15. the bunnys eyes look evil!

16. edizquierdo says:

I have to agree with RavishingRoberta, this picture looks rather digitally-altered, particularly the cat’s eyes.

17. I love that the name of the “eyebeam” picture is “yeemyeemyeem.jpg.” Awesome.

18. New catagory, anyone– “Scary or Cute”?

19. Michelle says:

Splendid chainmail greaves, Aslan.

20. pistache268 says:

Bajee! Those eyebeams are hella scary to me!

21. Theo, LOVE the storyline!! Cats and wabbits–great combo, speaking from experience. My bunny *adored* my cat, who really deigned only to glance in her direction once in a while then step over her and keep going! Ah, but the bunbuns are very persistent li’l fellars. Yrs. is adorable.

22. The Guy Over There says:

Willow “The Pillow” Wabbit. Now THAT’S a name.

Personally, I’d like to know if Aslan over there is ruling under the great Morris the Cat.

23. Whaddya think – friends or foes?

24. OMG….this is the ultimate in cuteness!!!! Methinks, tho, that Asian is merely tolerating this arrangment. I suspect this photo was shot right after a dissenting opinion was written on a very serious social matter.

25. Laurie says:

Theo, the eybeams shot is the Best Picture Ever.

And people, Theo would not post a ‘shopped photo.

26. i fear you, O willow and aslan of the Great Couch. i come in supplication, and i bring TREATS!

27. punkpie says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Meg, I love how you put “eyebeams” in aqua like bunny’s eyes… that did it for me. Great touch!

28. Hidy ho people!

RavR, Ediz, Laurie — in fact, there *has* been some photo-retouching done to this shot, but ONLY to the eyes. The flash imparted some SERIOUS redeye to Bounce & Willow. You think the bluish cast looks evil?? Here’s the source image…

BTW — yes, they were getting along just fine here, which was weird.

29. “Splendid chainmail greaves, Aslan.” — LOL!!! My mom knitted that! (er… those?)

30. Beauregard says:

Bravo Theo! That was excellent!

31. Theo, the pre-shops–Draculike. Verrry scary..

32. This picture also belongs on http://www.mycathatesyou.com

33. Greg — yeah, I thought of that. I do like MCHY, and they’ve definitely got the redeye-glare theme… but my loyalties lie with Cute O.
    ;)
    Plus, y’know, BUNNY!

34. Would pillow bunneh happen to be a minirex?

35. J’payo — he’s a Norwegian Dwarf. Not familiar with mini-rexes; they sound kinda intimidating & reptilian.

36. Teughcats says:

Theo, we wuvs you too! (That’s why we always tease you about “first post”!)

Meg, you are as always the queen! but thank you for temporarily sharing the throne with Theo.

37. Looks like Leia with Jabba the Hut to me…..

38. Kris, in New England says:

Rex’s are the definition of the Velveteen Rabbit – all fur is one length; they are so PLUSH it’s almost unreal. They do have short squiggly whiskers though. Very beautiful bunns.

Speaking of which – when are we going to have All Bunn Monday (or Tuesday or Wednesday….)?? I see the hammies gettin’ their props. What about bunnies?

39. Tony James says:

“You’re asking about the bunny? What bunny? Oh, *this* bunny? Who wants to know? Well, sunshine, if you want to talk to the bunny you have to come through me, and no-one talks to the bunny unless I say so. So if you do want to talk to the bunny, I suggest you hustle some ‘nip or treats or something, otherwise you’re in for a long wait.”

40. LOL, TJ.
    “If you’ll be my bunnyguard,
    “I can be your long-lost pal…”

41. Tony James says:

“I can call me Bunny,
    and Bunny when you call me you can call me Mr. Bounce – it’s a sucky name, I know, blame the bald pink bipeds. I was hoping for Arthuron, Devourer of Mice, Destroyer of Voles, Master of the Nip, and Caliph of the Cat-Tree, but that doesn’t really scan….”

42. ♥♥♥ lufs da cute animowls ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

MY BUNNY! GIMME GIMME GIMME! ITS MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE! I WANT DAT BUNYAY!

43. Teho and TJ–cwackin’ me up here!! :-p

44. ♥♥♥ lufs da cute animowls ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

the cat looks deliciously evil and it looks like teh bunyay ees his pet, [no the blue looks a little less scary than the red,the red made it look like any second the bunyay would POUNCE *snarls* right out at you!]

45. Yep, it’s definitely the RABBIT you need to watch out for, especially right now, as it’s spring and he’s in maximum SHEDDING TORNADO mode.

46. mariser says:

must say, besides the BUNNEH!! and KITTEH!! anerableness, I luvs the couch (court, whatever). gorgeous shades of blue-on-blue, and what is that pattern? fleur -de-lis?

/my inner decorator is showing…

47. mariser, your INTERIOR decorator? heh

48. Theo, nice babies!!

and you really *have* been promoted, haven’t you.

49. Mariser — fleurs-de-futon. ;)

50. That bun bun looks terrified!!!

51. Hammy — nah. Sometimes Willow will actually chase the cats around, when he’s out of his cage. I think he gets curious about those other oddly-shaped “rabbits” we’ve got.

We’ve got a bunch of pix of these two lounging on the couch; this one was my favorite.

52. mariser says:

fleurs-de-futon. heh. veddy nice.

you wouldn’t have a ‘movie’ of Willow chasing the weirdo rabbits around, would you?

I can see it now:
    “ring around the futon, pocket full of rabbits, kittens, kittens,
    we all fall down”

/inner musician now?

53. BUN MUN!! I vote for and all monday BUN MUN extraviganza

54. I love the pose of Mr. Bounce, so very Very, y’know?! And, since I’m too lazy to scroll up and read all the comments today, I take it these are Theo’s personal pets?
    Fantastic work! I wish I had eyebeams as deadly as that Bun!

55. Thats what I need… I have a black cat and a white cat… I just need to get a gray bunny and I will have a monochromatic menagerie! Now to convince the husband of the validity of this idea! You have inspired me Theo… thanks!

56. I hear and obey Oh Wise Couchmasters.

57. Don’t be fooled – the bunny is actually in charge. The cat is his mouthpiece.

58. Oh, no BIAS there, or anything, E.C…
    ;)

59. Oh, no, not really. The cat talks the talk, but the bunny walks the walk, yo!

60. E.Collison: CuteOverload’s resident hip(pity)-hop griot.

61. ;)

[Bows to loyal “subjects.”]

62. Correction: Willow is a Netherlands Dwarf, not Norwegian.

We used to have a Holland Lop also, Tidbit, who was SERIOUSLY confused about the nature of his relationship with the cats. Willow keeps things more platonic.

-Jaye
    a.k.a., Theo’s schmoop and Willow’s adoptive mom

63. Jaye, I was wondering if it was some European breed not recognized by rabbit people in the US…!

64. With the background and drapery, that picture looks very still-lifey (or at least like something my artist Mom would paint). And Mr. Bounce’s oh-so-sexy pose kinda reminds me of Manet’s Olympia.

Guess I’m saying that photo’s a work of art!

65. Thalia – mos’ def’! Check the look (Mr. Bounce’s, that is).

66. Aubrey says:

The rich fabrics, the luxurious fur, the jewel-like eyes; this is a very decadent court. I’m thinking: Mozart’s “The Abduction From The Seraglio”.

67. Aubrey – with afghans? (Not “Afghans.”)

68. Just remember the Blue Couch of Fabulousness…

69. Aubrey says:

You couch your arguments most convincingly, E.C.

70. Jaye — yeah… I was probably confusing the “Netherlands Dwarf” with the “Norwegian Blue” of Monty Python fame. Poor bunny’s pining for the fjords.

71. “You couch your arguments most convincingly, E.C.”

Indeed – I minored in “couching,” y’know. ;)

72. Aubrey says:

Bunny’s got BEAUTIFUL plumage!

73. Your comment is apt– there is no mistaking that these are the real rulers here. Look at the way the cat is both looking at you and luxuriously sprawling; she’s so confident in her power that she can afford to sprawl like that! This is priceless.

74. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

boonay moonday, too cute tuesday, wee kitten wednesday, teeny bun bun thursday and fooflicious friday!

75. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

and then for no reason HAMSTOW HOWDOWN!

76. “Indeed – I minored in ‘couching,’ y’know. ;)”

Oh my. And *now* I have the Moulin Rouge “Lady Marmalade” theme in my head.
    Kitchee kit chihuahua bun bun…

77. HA

78. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

who didn’t minor in couching? i flunked it ;) lol

79. You have no chance to recline make your time.

80. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

heres a link for a bunny/kitty musicvid

81. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

what how come it doesn’t work? oh well you could copy/paste it to your browser

82. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:
  83. ♥'s G.D. & animals ☺ says:

hmm how come no one responed? or even watched the video and mentioned it?

84. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

its a cute little video

85. This pic has added “yeem yeem yeem” to our everyday vocabulary around here.