Mia’s hamsters have names!

A huge THANKS to all who participated over the weekend on naming Mia M.’s hamstows. She would like y’all to know that she has chosen two sweet names and submitted the photo below for you to see.

Meiandsuki

"Mei" and "Suki" are great choices, Mia. Congratulations, Marianna, Peg F. for the great suggestions. I still like ‘Mani" and "Pedi" but those aren’t very Chinese, now are they?

Comments

1. cutesy towel babies!
    cute nickel!

2. Wook… dey are soo kwoot. (Second?)

3. Heh! I know two sister kitties whose names are Mei and Yuki! Mei’s gray, Yuki’s gray & white, and they’ve got VERY soft (and long) fur.

4. sigh…i was wishing for vera and wang…

5. Ashley says:

I like the choice. However, I like Yoko instead of Mei but that is Japanese. I think it is so cute that they have the slanted eyes!!!

6. thats great you know but ben and jerry would of been cuter

7. Michelle says:

Tee hee. Mei and Yuki. I’d snorgle them but then I’d have a hamsker stuck in each nostril.

8. Argh, beaten to the pedantic punch by silverwing. Whatever — hamsters all look alike to me.

9. Michelle says:

Er. Ignore those typos.

10. > I still like ‘Mani” and “Pedi” but those aren’t very Chinese, now are they?

Mei and (Sat)suki are from a *Japanese* movie.

11. ♥♥♥ lufs da cute hamstows ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

it looks like Mei, is trying to pay the person that suggested her name lol! ♥♥♥♥♥ they’re sooooooooooo cute, im glad that they’re nam-ed, i just wish she would’vechosen my names though, but she liked what she liked

12. ♥♥♥ lufs da cute hamstows ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

if anybody has been here longer than me, could u let me know if they’ve used the word “hamstows” b4? because if they didn’t, THEY STOLE THAT OFFA ME!!!!

13. Erm… Lufs, you’re not the first to use the onomatopoetic baby talk, if that’s what you’re claiming. But you’re welcome to “hamstows” as far as I’m concerned.

14. Hamster up a nostril… *l* THAT some serious snorgles! Maybe we should issue warning lables …

“Caution, excessive snorgles may lead to inhalation of fur and small rodents and may be hazerdous to your health.”

15. Annalisa says:

well, “mei” could be chinese or japanese, but “suki” is definitely only a japanese name.

16. yea i know i know…they are japanese. but hey my name is korean, italian, american….ect. so i think Mei and Suki work well too. :)

17. yay for marianna! cute names!

18. No!!!! I liked “Dude” and “Sweet”! Oh well. Anyway, I like the new names! But I liked mine, damn!

19. Mia, I like your taste!

20. I per-son-a-ly liked Coco and Chanel, but I LOVE the movie My Neighbor Totoro, so this is also awesome.

21. Maniping & Pedipong!

22. A Fine Morsel says:

“What can I get with this nickel?”
    “Nothing. Go back to sleep.”

23. ottersmoo says:

I am a long time lurker and I sure wish I’d seen this earlier! I have two great names that I’ve always wanted to name a pair of pets. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern!! And their perfect for hamsters because they’re characters from HAMlet!

24. Otters — but… but they got HANGED… yeep!

25. Damn! The person who got their name suggestions chosen is toooooo lucky, damn, lucky bastards!!!!!! (Kidding!!!!!!! People!!! I kid a- LOT!)

26. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

But you’re welcome to “hamstows” as far as I’m concerned. thanx theo [and that *hamstows* WAS what i was talking about]

27. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

P.S.im sorry if i made anybody at C.O.H.Q. upset about my rage, i sooo easily fly off the handle about stuff like that cuz its happened b4

28. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥: No hard feelings, from anyone, anyway, I asked, how do you make those heart thingys, tell me please!!!

29. ♥♥♥ l.c.d.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

well okay its simple alt then whileu r holding alt, press 3

30. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

i hope u read this post hammy well not this one the one i posted b4 this

31. ottersmoo says:

Theo- Yeah, I know they got hanged…actually beheaded. But that must mean you know the movie?? In the movie they got hanged….

I named my car Horatio once. Because he’s the only one left alive at the end.

32. OtterSmoo — yep, that’s the first thing I saw Gary Oldman in.
    Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads.

33. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

eeeeeeeeeeeewa! this was a post meant for cuteness people! not beheading!

34. Cute hamsters, but I really have an issue with the whole “chinese” thing.

At least say its an Asian name rather than being specific with “Chinese”. Mei is Chinese, yes, but Suki… is very Japanese. This is akin to saying “Pedro” is an Irish name, or saying that Yousaf is a Greek name. It just doesn’t work. Iunno, maybe I’m just a bit too sensitive to this issue.

Super cute hamsters though ^_^;

35. Suki's Mom (human!) says:

Suki (Suky, Sukey, Sukie) is also the traditional English nickname for Suzanna.

Do you remember the nursery rhyme, “Polly put the kettle on, we’ll all have tea”? The second verse is “Sukey take it off again, they’ve all gone away.”

My Suki is even cuter than a hamster, but not so furry.

36. Barbra Pascoe says:

my suki is a big fat gorgeous orange mouse . From Alistair

37. Minerva says:

I’m a party pooper. X3 Suki is Japanese. Mei is Chinese. Mei is not Japanese as said.

But that said! …Damn they’re cute. :x