The Crack of Noon Refusal

Look, it’s a Saturday morning, and there is simply NO REASON to get out of bed yet. It’s warm and comfterbuls in here, and grey outside, and you can bring me coffee right here. I don’t need to get out if you’re already out. Nyerhe! [pulls covers over head with paws] Nyerhe, nyerhe, nyerrrrrrrzzz.

Refusal

Super paws up action submitted by Karleen P.

Comments

1. A Disapproving Cattage!

2. TEH PAWZZZZZ.

3. AuntieMame says:

Just try and make me get up!

(I feel that way most mornings…)

4. SilvorMoon says:

Aww, what a cutie! I wish I could stay in bed like that today. Especially if I could have one of those to cuddle up with.

5. Dear Gawd. What a wonderful picture. There’s something BUNNISH about this kitten. Maybe the long ears + paws + eyes. A new rule? A cute animal mimicking another cute animal?

[stares at picture again]

I’m in love.

So in love.

6. Ponygirl says:

Purrfect pussage! Think there is room for two in that bed?

7. Best captions ever! I love the sound effects and the pulling covers over head! I love to do that Saturday morns!

8. I love it when cats assume attitudes all disporportionate to their size. Look at how small this dude is! And yet, his wishes will be obeyed.

9. Holy cow, look at those ears…

10. little miao says:

What fluffy paws and big whiskers!!

Time to go back to sleep now. (or, in my case, back to studying…)

11. Plunkatone says:

How do you pronounce “nyerhe”? This is the second time, and I’m still hooked on the original Nyerrrrhe! picture from March.

12. Oy. That’s how I felt this morning. Heck, it’s 2 in the afternoon here and I still feel that way. Stupid final papers making me get out of bed. Kitty, you enjoy, and take a nap for me.

13. Kitten looks a little surprised to be awakened. :o)

ElfOwl–me too!! I’ve promised myself that I will finish this *&%# paper by the end of the day. sigh….

14. Help… oh help…
    The cozy cozy bed is sucking me in, never to escape its terrible sleepy warmth and its vicious bitey flannel…

15. “nyerrrrrrrzzz” – ultra-funny! (And realistic, too.)

16. now thats me on a rainy day, i just want to curl up and have a hot chocolate…hhhmmmm…

17. He looks soooo very comfy under the flannel. I want to join him (YAWN)

18. zippergirl says:

I know the feeling. And the consequences are the same for anybody who tries to wake me up – they usually get savagely bitten/scratched.

19. If s/he were on her/his side with eyes closed, s/he would look just like Chessie, the mascot kitten of the C&O Railroad. Some of you remember railroads, surely…?

20. gosh Susan, I luvs Chessie… not a collector, by any means, but I’ve picked up several Chessie items (postcards, coffe cups, magnets) in train shops.
    I never got to ride the C&O, but I’ve always wondered if they provided a Chessie to sleep with on request.

21. Kittens acting like humans, another rule of cuteness.

22. Tweedle Dee says:

Soooo comfterbles !! I just want to curl up under the blankies too!

23. My kitty!!!!!!

24. Best let kitty sleep, or else…

25. Theo:

I thought that the kitty in your link was going to go all crazy on my screen, but the lighter thing, that was great!

And the kitteh expresion says to me:

whaaaa you want?

26. Rafael — that was Mint Imperial. It’s animations by the same dude who made http://kittenwar.com/ .

27. Woods walker says:

I am in admiration of any one who can sleep in on any day of the week. Sleep well little kitty.-Woods Walker

28. Oh, how cute…just adorable! Makes me want to purrrr!!!!!!!

29. I AGREE COMPLETELY, KITTEH!

30. Sleeeeepy, soooooo tired! Bored, ahhhhhh.

31. Sleeeeepy, soooooo tired! Bored, ahhhhhh.

32. Whoops. I didn’t noticeed that I double posted, sorry.

33. Whats wrong with me? Maybe too much cute-ness, I meant in my last post “notice”.

34. dixieanne says:

this picture embodies all that is beatrix potter.

35. Anyone there? Hello?

36. RavishingRoberta says:

What’s Chessies?

37. Chessies? Whaa?

38. RavishingRoberta says:

OK I Think Kitty Has A Fever. There Is A Lamp Next To The Bed; And A Thermometer On The Blanket.The Test On Stalking Will Have To Wait.

39. Chessies???????? What were ya talkin’ about RR?

40. Brak_Silverbone says:

He’s so tie-tie, his ears are all askew! I also love his “eyebrow” markings.

41. One of my relatives dogs has brown eye brow markings, and he is sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

42. Kind of a random comment here.

My kitty Pascal looks like he’s wearing black eyeliner. lol. He’s a very girly boy kitty. Or maybe he’s goth.

43. Emo boys!!!!!!! I love emo, or goth boys!!!!!!! They are hot!!!!!!!

44. Teehee!!!!!! Emo was me!!!!!!!!! Me loves emo!!!!!!

45. For all you youngsters out there, Chessie was the kitten mascot of the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad– a sleeping kitten in a bed, to show how comfy their sleeping cars were, I presume. See her picture at http://www.chessieshop.com/cgi-bin/csostore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=PS-05-135.

46. Ohhhhhhhhh!! So thats what “Chessie” is!!!!!!!!!

47. If that link to Chessie doesn’t work, just got to chessieshop.com and click on the little calendar picture of her on the left.

48. Susan- Great timing, I couldn’t get to the site, thanks, I’ll go to:

chessieshop.com

Now, ok!!!!!!

49. RavishingRoberta says:

50. awwwww, I love the kitty!!

51. Just a formatting note in passing, here…

Susan, your link works fine if you take the period off the end. If you want to share a URL in these comments, you just need to make sure it’s got least one space at each end, even if it makes the punctuation weird. Like this:
    http://www.chessieshop.com/cgi-bin/csostore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=PS-05-135 .

52. chet's momma says:

oh oh oh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to pack and move, and all I want to do is cuddle cuddle with kitty! I HATE MOVING!!!! But soon, I hope to be comfterbuls, which is my favorite word EVER!!

purrs,
    chet’s mom

53. Finally you guys come back! I was missing you!

54. RavishingRoberta says:

OMG Chets Mom…..Packing And Moving Is The Worst. Especially When You Have To Do It All Alone After 30+ Years Of Marriage And Collecting.

55. Must snorgle Mr. FuzzyPaws…can’t resist…
    *snorglesnorglesnorgle*

56. PAWS UP KITTEH!!!

57. When I was a kid, watching those rail cars go by with Chessie the sleeping kitten outline on them, I thought for sure only I was seeing it as a kitten. It seemed too cute an image for something as macho as a railroad company. For years I thought it was meant to be something else and I was just getting it wrong.

58. Wow, preternaturally cute. Painful, almost.

59. absolutely cute and purrrfect!

60. A way cute kitty!

61. What a boo boo kitty!!

62. Mucho cutelicious. My grandma what big ears you have…

63. Kitty seems to be beckoning you to join her in the bed for some quality snuggle time. *shifty eyes* …. *dives in with her*

64. ka9q's wife says:

I woke up this morning late. Then, around 11 a, I looked at this and died. I just looked again and died again. I swear that kitten has teeny eyebrows.
    oh god
    i am so dead now from it’s little stubborn gaze.

65. Aubrey says:

MERCY.

Stated as both an exclamation of delight and joy as well as a plea to Meg.

66. Aubrey says:

Something else: that kitten has mittens.

67. i spent the whole weekend like this. with jack k. siiiiiiigh.

68. ha! “crack of noon”

69. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

A new rule? A cute animal mimicking another cute animal?
    hell yeah that should be a new rule! [but i think they already have it]

70. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

if u stare at it long enough it looks like he’s raising one eyebrow *whisker* and rolling over towars the camera more

71. AWWWWWWWWWW uber UBER CUTE KITTY :D! <3

72. ♥♥♥ l.c.d.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

yes ubber cute!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    i must save his picture!

73. ♥'s G.D. & animals ☺ says:

like WHYYYYYYYYY does everbody like stop posting in semi-old pics?

74. I LOVE the way his “eyebrows” add to his facial expression, as if to say “I’m NOT getting out of bed yet. And YOU can’t MAKE me! HRMPH!”

75. Faerydreamer says:

AWWWW!!!!!!!! i want a cute kitty like that! my cat is loony :b