Do not look DIRECTLY AT HIM!

…Or he will completely own you—WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU!? OMG, Paws up, too.

Pwn_mouse_1

Upside-down props to SJ H., owner/butler of ‘Stuart’ the deermouse.

Comments

1. What a handsome lil creature!

2. Ah, deermice. One of the least-known but CUTEST creatures. This one looks in the lap of luxury!

3. OMG *faints* that’s just too cute!

4. And the subtle ear-fold is worth a few points, as well…. Somebody tickle that belly, already!

5. :thud:

6. Courtney says:

What a sweet white belly!

What a nice little mousie. :)

7. That nose! Those ears!

8. OMG! I looked! Jesus, he’s adorable! Lots of exclaimation points required!!!

9. RavishingRoberta says:

How Can People Be Affraid Of Something That Cute?

10. Kris, in New England says:

OMG, that little curled back paw….making me melt from the inside out.

11. you guys r silly says:

*yes*master*I*hear*you*and*I*obey*…*what*is*your*command*
    8o\

12. And what a dear mouse!

13. Is it just me? I don’t find rodents cute at all. In fact, this site has increasingly gone downhill in terms of cute postings…

14. aww, so cute. Nice fingernails also, that makes for a good photo. We have seen many of not-so -pretty fingernails. Nice job!

15. irrational fears are so tedious – i mean, come ON, exactly how is something soooo tiny going to hurt anyone?? rodents are adorable!

16. hey lazyj-ever heard of the bubonic plague? :P

i do think this animal is prosh, anerable and all kinds of other made-up words.

17. Michelle says:

hee. kewt.

18. tiny mouse thinks: do not look directly into their eyes…they will smother me with stinky kisses…do.not.look…

[bweeek!]

19. Aww, I just love deermouse bellies. Sadly, mine do not like to be on their backs unless another is sleeping on top of them.

20. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Yep, I think my brain is frozen due to too much CUTE! :D

21. Whoa, he melted. Look, he’s dribbling off the back. Zounds.

22. oh, Theo– That’s the bell pull!

23. Aww geez, who could NOT like rodents? Hmmm? Look at those big eyes, those teeny weeny paws, that white belly! Saweeeeet.

24. you guys r silly says:

ZELDA!!!
    I think we need to knit a wee tiny sweater and cap with a pompom on the point for THIS little guy too!!!
    Whatcha think?????
    &;o)
    P.S. And the microscopic booties and teensy mittens…

25. That mouse has a look in its eyes – it *knows* that it pwns us all.

26. a wee relax-a-body. :)

27. the caption is hilarious.

28. The feets!

29. I agree with Heather says:

I totally agree with Heather- where have all the cute images gone?

30. Dustbunny says:

Is deermice the plural of dormouse? ‘Cause I’ve always wondered what the heck a dormouse is and if they exist only in England.

31. the dizzy kids says:

hello tnair, thee lttiule beyb it is kyoot and MINUTE….,

32. the dizzy kids says:

its tiny hands looks like our Mother’s but she desnt look like thdeermouse, broth mice as they are cawled up nort

33. **dont look into the light!**
    **I can’t help it! It’s so beautiful!** ~gets zapped and dies~ lol bugs life

34. otherwise I'd have one says:

it is truly prosh, but hantavirus is not prosh at all :(

35. BLIND…. blind from the cuteness…. *g*

And on that pesky old plague thing… it was actually… the bugs in the bugs on the rats who over populated because people killed the cats thinking they were evil story… deadly bacteria x fleas + rats – cats = plague …. bad bug joojoo and cool micobe math… don’t blame the door mouse or he will melt your brain with cuteness!!!

36. Oh my God belly. Looks sooo soft.

37. Brak_Silverbone says:

My tuxedo cat gets this exact same facial expression when he’s lying on his back sometimes. “Wouldn’t you like to pet my belly? It’s very, very soft and warm…” I think this wee mousie knows how cute he is!

38. The Guy Over There says:

If I was the size of a mouse to that mouse, I’d be tempted to jump right into that soft white belly and lie there all happy and warm.

39. anon e mouse says:

love to eat them mousies, mousies what i love to eat, bite they little heads off nibble on they tiny feet ;)

40. Adooooorable mousie.

And his owner has very pretty hands, too. No wonder he looks so comfy.

41. Kudos to Anon E Mouse for the silly screen name & Kliban reference. Whee!

42. I looked! And now I have to try to type without seeing my keyboard, since I’ve been BLINDED by the cuteness! Talk about overload!!

43. so trusting…it seems to be adoring its person while it’s being adorable! and the tiny feets…this could be the favorite

44. Subhangi says:

[robotic voice] Yes …. Master.

45. moptopmouse says:

Yes they are called ‘broth mice’ up north.. yer pal mtm

46. Thanks for the nice comments – I’ll pass ‘em on to Stu…
    Quick facts:
    Stu was found by my cats at 10 days old (before he could see/hear) so he grew up in my hand and- obviously – thinks that’s the safest place he could be since I was the first thing he ever saw
    – He gets a cuddle / belly rub for at least an hour a day and if you tickle his back leg he’ll stretch them waaaay up in the air – also likes his chin and teeth rubbed
    – Deermice are not dormice / doormice (all v. cute though)
    – By the time we found out what he was it was too late to worry about Hantavirus (which obviously he doesn’t carry). Not really around here anyway – but always make sure to spray water on any droppings in shed from his extended family to keep dust down in case. No probs.
    Thanks for the nice comments about my hands!

47. You guys R silly — YESH, definitely a wee little cap and mitts for this mousie. Can you knit?

48. CanadianSnowPrincess says:

Don’t Deermice carry really nasty diseases? Like the Hanta Virus or something?

49. CanadianSnowPrincess says:

Apparently I”m a bad reader that doesn’t finish reading things before wanting to post…

50. It’s yet another example of what I humbly suggest otter be a rule of cute – if you have a white tummy you must show it! All of my cats with white tummies displayed them proudly, the bigger the better.

51. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a mouse.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy had a well-manicured house…

52. I looked!!!! noooooo!! I’m rendered utterly helpless. (happy 420)

53. love it’s liddle feetses,
    gentle liddle meeses
    gorgie-us sweetnes
    ratziez are sweetieses
    too

54. luva da rodents says:

MINE! MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!!! MY CUTE GR-BIL!

55. luva da wodents says:

nooooooooooo they carry the “im so cute, you are now my human slav of cuteness” virus

(\__/)
    ->( ^.^)< - tehe mouse-y face

56. Heather- Sorry, but I totally disagree with you, rats,mice,hamsters, guinea pigs, you name any kind of rodent, I think it will be cute!

Anyone agree with me?

57. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

tewtolly and for truley!rodents rock! they are so sweet!!!

58. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

justnot when they nip/bite dat howts

59. ♥♥♥ l.d.c.h. ☺ ♥♥♥ says:

I, WAN’T DAT MOUSEY GIMME! HE TO TINEE!! MINE MINE MNE! I COULD MAKEE HEEM A SWEATER LIKE THE ONE I MADE FOR MY LATE GIRBIL OREO! OREO I MISS YOU! [gir-bill]

60. Megan V says:

I don’t know about you guys, but I know that I’M owned now!

61. ♥'s G.D. & animals says:

megan v, you, are not alone