We’re getting our asses handed to us by the Japanese again

We must face the simple fact that the Japanese know cute better than anyone else. "Heaven@Air" posted these photos of "fukusuke-pon" bunny enjoying a day out at Osaka Castle Park. He’s wearing a lovely sleeveless, turtleneck sweater, made from winter socks to keep flu bugs away.

Heavenair68581804

Heaven_at_air_flickr_2

Head bows to Yasuko ^—^ and Gordon B.

Comments

1. *giggles*

2. twentythreecakes says:

What a lovely bun bun. He’s (she’s) so pretty in the silly sweater sock.

3. kagomechan21 says:

and this bun bun is modeling the latest in spring fashion..a daring purple sweater and bare arms! (and does anyone notice those eyelashes??)

4. As the kids say, redonkulously cute!

l_l
    *¡*
    ( )
    ” “

5. Lick My Pickles says:

Awww its so Peter Rabbit-esk

6. BunnyHunny says:

That’s so cute! I wonder how they keep him from running away?
    (Hi everybody, I’m new here!)

7. That sweater has a little pink bow in the back:

8. Don’t miss the bunny in the coffee – http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavenair/116678465/in/photostream/

9. The pictures of that bunny are just precious! And i don’t use that term lightly! *warm smile*

10. It’s like Peter Rabbit! So cute!!

11. And here we have a tres chic bun bun wearing a classic sleeveless mock turtleneck in the New colors of the season, garnet and deep lavender. Abfab, bun bun: abfab!

12. 11th post!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, that is one of the fluffiest, cutest bunnys I have ever seen! I have to go buy that sweater for myself!

13. The funniest thing about that post BY FAR is the title.

14. Can we get this bunny on a tshirt?
    (on a sweater vest would be even better)

15. I second the t-shirt notion, but only if we get to put the title on it, too.

16. oh, OH!! Wow. A bunny in a purple sweater–I don’t know if I’m hallucinating or if the Cute has just reached epic and mind-blowing proportions AGAIN. . .

17. Pupsters with LV bags, bunnles with delightful sleeveless turtlenecks … all we need now is a pony wearing blahniks, and Vogue is officially out of business!

18. lauowolf says:

Not to mention the color composition, with the yellow leaves/purple sweater.
    This is just too much.

19. KMann—best comment evar!

20. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner! says:

Oh look! A Niponese Bunny & gold leaves…I think the Japanese word for Japan is Nipon…just to pre explain…Anticipating the huhnn?

21. Thank you so much Meg! I try.

Also, I did not get the 11th spot thanks to Aubrey. Geeeeez!. How dare you post before me! Just kidding. No bad feelings.

and I would like to give the picture what it very well deserves… a big awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

22. I love this picture. The bunny sweater is very cute.

23. Oh!
    My!!
    God!!
    Insanely cute!
    (am only just now conscious after first viewing pictures a full TEN MINUTES! AGO!!)
    …gasp…gasp..!
    Yay, Japan!

24. Peacebunnie says:

So we’re being pwned. I say, who cares? IT’S CUTE!

25. JessJess says:

AHHHHHHH! Fluffy tail!!!!
    (\ /)
    (o.o)
    (> < )

26. WAY cute! Oh it’s a honky tonk, bun-donk-a-bun.

27. Very seldom does a picture literally knock the wind out of me. The cuteness of that last one did the trick.

28. KMann:

For the next cute attack, the 11th spot is all yours. Enjoy it, because it’s definately worth it!

29. bunny! in a sweater! **dies**

30. a conscientious objector says:

animals are supposed to be naked, it’s even a part of what makes them cute in human eyes. that bunny just looks dumb.

31. AuntieMame says:

Is it just me, or does that bunny have slanted, Oriental eyes?

(\__/)
    (=`.´=)
    (“)_(“)

32. Subhangi says:

LOL! Hilariously cute! But isnt he uncomfortable?

33. I think bunny is thinking of composing an “ode to autumn”! he looks very philosophic.

34. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner! says:

Auntie Mame I love your punctuation bun bun! E.C.’s & Jess Jess’s too but have already seen & said so about their’s prior. A M yours is very elaborate…Nnniiiicce!

35. This is sooo Beatrix Potter. Next challenge would be to get a mouse to wear an apron. And a bonnet.

36. haha! I’ve never seen a rabbit in a sweater before. I’m surprised it doesn’t chew it off.

BunnyHunny—-HI! Welcome & enjoy!

AuntieMame —-Love your bunny pic—very creative

37. Jess Jess—I also like your bunny pic–cool

38. E.C —–didn’t see yours! sorry! also nice :o) I’m gonna have to give that a try

39. he is quite the dapper gent. i feel like he looks so regal in his sweater… like he is ready to assume his bunny throne…

beyond that, everytime i get on this site, and i think the last pictures cant be bested, meg goes and BLOWS MY MIND (jack black voice a la school of rock)

40. chunkstyle says:

I’ve never seen a sweater vest look better on a human…obviously the Gap has been advertising to the wrong market. SO CUTE!!!!!!

41. Kawaii!

42. I love the headline on this blog post as much as I love the cutey little bunny in a sweater!

43. a conscientious objector: I tend to agree that beasties look best as nature intended…this bunny would more adorable in his own natural “fur coat”

44. Ok, people, A Rabbit (close to Hare) wearing a Turtleneck (close to Tortoise)?!!! I seeeee a minnnnni series!!! This is too cute.

45. Bunny = Cute.
    Bunny in lil’ Bunny sweater?

Priceless.

46. Michelle says:

I think people look dumb in clothes too. Let’s all strip down and get way cuter! wooohooo!

47. “In a perfect world people wouldn’t have to wear clothes”- Unknown

48. bunny lover says:

the picture of the bunny in the sweater should so be the next cute overload t-shirt.

49. haha, that thing is funny… maybe i am just being insanely immature and middle-schoolish, but it looks kinda bad…

fukusuke?

i mean, come on.

50. fawn lust says:

oh good heavens. this is just perfect.

51. Michelle says:

Fukusuke is just a little dwarf with a big head. He’s a symbol that brings luck and good fortune.

52. “We’re getting our asses handed to us by the Japanese again” Man, that is the FUNNIEST caption I’ve seen so far. Honest. I found myself thinking about it in the car on the way to work today laughing to myself. The pic is funny too. A bunny in a sweater? The work of a sick genius! Ooooo! Someone should write a caption for what the bunny is saying in the first picture! I cant think of it, but I know its something funny! Someone help me out! Beautiful fall colors, I might add. Great job Meg!

53. I came by after a couple weeks hiatus because I saw this bun on flikr and was going to post it. Im obviously not the fastest cutewatcher. heres what Yasuko wrote about PON.

My name is PON. Since winter came, the sweater was worn.
    Osaka Castle Park

僕の名前はぽん。寒くなったのでセーターを着ました。
    大阪城公園

Since he caught a cold last year, I made the sweater to him.
    It was my socks without necessity. It is a recycling.:P
    He is pleased very much in this sweater.
    I show him a sweater. Then, he expects to go to take a walk!!
    Jump! Runs!
    * yasuko * (heaven@air)

54. Ohmylord…I want that bunny on a T-shirt.

55. I am FLABBERGASTED that the rabbit actually kept the sweater on instead of nibbling it off!

56. little miao says:

Awwww, that’s so sweet of Yasuko-chan to knit a sweater for her sick bunny, and environmentally friendly, too!

57. “He is pleased very much in this sweater.
    I show him a sweater. Then, he expects to go to take a walk!!
    Jump! Runs!
    * yasuko * (heaven@air)”

I would *love* to see his reaction when she gets the sweater out for him – on video.

58. Teehee. His bum says “So” ^~^ Kawaii!!

59. Yes! Go Japanese ppl! We ROCK!!! *smashes soda can on forehead*
    this lil bun bun wouldn’t need a sock-vest to keep flu bugs away. its heaven air! THERE ARE NO FLU BUGS IN HEAVEN AIR!

60. I know for a fact the chinease does not know cute better than anyone else..they fricken cut the skin off LIVING bunnies to make dumb little trinkets.

61. Way to go Sara. Really international of you.

62. Oh, Sara…

The confusion of two distinct Asian cultures is painfully obvious stupidity; the racism is almost too easy; BUT… “Chinease”? Now, THAT’S a real winner in the Idiot Sweepstakes! Congratulations, honey! You’ve outdone yourself in JUST ONE SENTENCE!

(Gee, illiterate much?)

63. So cute and park is so beautiful…but, caution…dogs may be around, so please be aware when taking buns outside!!!

64. Oh I just adore the “kid” ..you sre so right all the Japanese pattern books have a big cuteness factor and that is a lovely thing and this World needs it.