Rule #7 IN FULL EFFECT

Das Amazin’ Cat Collection features an amazing example of Rule of Cuteness  #7: A thing, accompanied by a smaller version of that thing, is always cute. Embroider THAT on a pillow, People. A double scoop of DELICIOUSNESS.

Piggyback

Comments

1. I love the two-headed cat from whatever planet she comes from! :D

2. Does the big one look angry to you?

3. Yeah, the big kitty does not look particularly happy with the situation…

4. The big kitty says: “I had *better* not find this picture on the internet when I get home. *Last* time a agree to give junior a pony ride. . .”

5. No, you guys have it all wrong…its like this… “Big kitty is telling camera person to lay off taking any more pictures…” See, the picture taker is the puparrazzi (get it? PUP aratzi!) and the big kitty is saying ‘leave my little one alone’…because big kitty is MISS KITTY, the international star of cinema and television, and this is her little one, and doesn’t want her child in the public eye.

See? Big kitty protecting little kitty.

It’s all how you look at it… :)

OK, off to watch more of my rag-mag entertainment tonight crap shows.

6. This is the kitty version of the Britney Spears car seat thing. LOL OK, I’m gonna stop now… really.

(btw…did I mention how CUTE this is?)

7. Baby is begging to be removed… She’s gonna blow, captain, she’s gonna blow!

8. NEKOKONEKO <3

9. My cat gave me that look once when I took one too many pictures.

10. moptopmouse says:

Wow! Dovima AND China Mikado!!

11. Good god, the big cat looks like the spawn of Satan itself. EEEEEeeevil glare.

12. Two scoops of vanilla fluffiness in a waffle cone, please.

13. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

14. I have had that very same look on MY face after my kids had done something VERY bad and try to make up. Bad BAD little kitty!

15. Double ahn.

16. OH, this is wonderful!! What a nice patient mama kitty (I’m assuming. . .) and wee little cutiekins.

17. It’s a double-stuff fluffy puff.

18. OOOHHH, I have GOT to get a little white fluffball kitten to complete my monochromatic set.

19. Jes— (hope this is the right person!) How did your kitty make out today with the vet visit? I might have the wrong person but I know someone had mentioned having to take their baby in to the vet for some problem in the chest. If it’s you, let me know :o)—can email

20. Flewellyn says:

“I shall call him…Mini-Squee…”

21. Motherhood, the things you have to put with!

Tres cuuute!

22. Mommy cat is thinking—“Thank God that’s NOT 18 in CAT years!”

23. kagomechan21 says:

the big kitty is ticked cause owner person has taken waaaay too many pictures of him in the kitty bonnet…hes tired of having the cuteness documented

24. kendosan says:

Sasaki-san! look! Nekokoneko!

awwwwwwwwwwwww…

25. Terpsichore says:

AAAAAGH NEKOKONEKO!!

26. what is this “nekokoneko”?

i am confused.

27. Another different Meg says:

It’s also a Stuff on My Cat™ picture! Except I don’t think I’ve ever seen one where the Stuff was a kitty, too.

28. Okay that would be cute on a t-shirt too!

29. OK — I wondered about “nekokoneko” too so I started Googling… here’s what I come up with: It’s a stuffed animal from an anime series.

30. SilvorMoon says:

*is late but joins in the Nekokoneko love anyway*

Nekokoneko!

31. mejezabel says:

koala cat

~ jez

32. hmm…7 years since I took Japanese…neko means cat and nekoko would come in roughly (maybe exactly, can’t remember) as child of the cat. Between the utter cuteness and trying to remember what I thought I forgot…head explodes. :)

33. Hehe.. I thought of Azumanga too! Like this wall: http://www.pixelgirlpresents.com/images/desktops/mindy/neko_1280.gif

Big kitty looks pissed off. /me backs away from kitty

34. Ahhh! Finally someone who watches Azumanga Daioh!!! :D

35. Azumanga is <3.

36. Kitten: “Momma, who’s that with the blinky thing?”

Momma Cat:” Well junior, if that blinky thing doesn’t stop in about five seconds, a very dead human.”

Waay tooo cuuuute!

37. AuntieMame says:

Yikes. The big kitty looks like it’s about to start speaking in tongues and doing 180s with its neck…

And the little one is saying “Come on, dad! Just one more horsey-ride. Pleeeeeeease!?!”

38. “Kid? You are seriously getting on my last nerve here.”
    “But I’m boooooored…”

39. Subhangi says:

“Watch it, varmints. No one comes near Ma Baker when she’s protecting her boy.”

40. CreepyGroovy says:

This is so cute, I just crapped my pants. Great.

41. My kitty update: We went to the vet today & find a very small hole (bite?) in his black fur, which is why I didn’t see any blood on him. His belly fur is white, which is where the lump is. So it’s not a tumor!! I was so worried. It’s probably just an abscess, so we get to have yummy canned food for a couple of weeks to hide the antibiotics in. :oD

42. Anne Packrat says:

This is literally a live action version of the “Nekokoneko” mascot from Azumanga Daioh. It showed up on the Japanese site 2chan first I believe.

43. Perhaps I’m going mad, but the bottom cat reminded me a lot of SHODAN from System Shock. Odd resemblance?

44. JessJess says:

“It’s a double-stuff fluffy puff.”

LOL, oh Theo you kill me XD

Big Mamma looks like she’s about to eat the camera. And little one is just anerable!

45. Amanda Lou Snow says:

Two heads are better than one!

46. Fygee, LoL! You’re ri-ight! I can see some resemblence. (sp?????????)

47. Jes—- That’s great “meeeewwwws”! I’m sure your “baby” will check out fine. ;X3 Keep us posted!

48. Lynne and Nellie says:

What would I do without Cute Overload? How did I ever start my day without you? I can now start my day because these two are just TOO CUTE? Thanks

49. Azumanga Daioh! Yes, my kids live for the Anime Network and anything Japanese! I’m familiar with the characters of that anime.
    As for Mama cat — Geeze, kids will do that to you sometimes! It’s cute when they’re little, but harder to take when they’re teens (“no, don’t slam into me! Arggh!”)
    Sweet kitten! ;)

50. oh my doodness they are just tooo toot!

51. Jan Spencer says:

Jes…I am glad it wasn’t anything terrible! Good for you for your fur baby!

52. First post ever!

Junior: She’ll NEVER find me here!

Mom: My looks, dad’s brains…

53. BenPanced says:

Kitten imitates car noises.

54. luva da rodents says:

wel if YOUR kid was sitting on YOUR head wouldn’t you be miffed?

55. i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this pic!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve had it on my msn avi for a long time..SO CUTE!! I WANT IT ;D!! <3

56. violingirl says:

“It’s not a tooomer”

57. Cute!!!!!!!!! But were does one start and one end?
    A new mystery unfolds….

58. Cute!!!!!!!!! But were does one start and one end?
    A new mystery unfolds….

59. Cute!!!!!!!!! But were does one start and one end?
    A new mystery unfolds….

60. Sorry, for the double, er, triple take on my last comments, my computers acting weird today!

61. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Remember that character “Kuato” from the movie “Total Recall”?

This is his cat.

62. Awwww! They’re so cute! They’re so white and floofy and they gots the wittle bitty eyes…*dies*

63. Catman Dude =^-.-^= says:

Momma cat says: “Down from there, Junior! I don’t have a milky thingy up there! Now git down!!”

64. AuntieMame says:
  65. THIS should be the new tshirt!!!

66. THIS should be the new tshirt!!!

67. I think it’s dady cat, not momy!

Cat:”The wife leaves for a moment and this kid is all over me!”

Kitten:”Daddy, daddy, let’s go for another ride! Weeeeee!!!!”

68. Ah, the lessons of life, never leave your spouse home alone with the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69. ***Snow balls***

70. I think Rafael’s right – this looks like a *very* tired dad who’s been carrying someone piggyback for too long..

71. Caroline says:

“This is my youngest, he’s a pain in the ass.”

72. Actually I believe the phrase “Nekokoneko” is neko (cat) and koneko (kitten) ran together. Now for another Japanese term for this picture: Kawaii! (Cute!)

73. raspbryHazlnut says:

i second josh. this should be the next t-shirt!

74. Carlisa says:

That is the look of toe2tail aggravation! Do you suppose she had to go for her driver’s license pic at the DMV? ….and we wonder “why?” are pics look so bad?!!!

75. gillian says:

Yay! Stackable Pets!

76. shrinkwrap says:
  77. It’s necoconeco in real life… GIVE ME YOUR CATS!!!

78. Yeah… if you people would read the manga it spells Necoconeco with C’s, not K’s.

79. o_O Real life neco coneco! (I swear I remember it was written with Cs instead of Ks in a catalog in Azumanga). That’s a dream come true.

80. elisesylvielucy says:

the bottom one looks as if it has an evil scheme……as if to take over the world. but not while it is being attacked by a cute kitten!

81. moptopmouse says:

That should be ‘Wow! CHINA MACHADO & DOVIMA!!

82. Personally I don’t remember ever seeing ‘Necoconeco’ spelt with K’s except by people online… I don’t know. CUUUUTE kitties anyway!!

83. Neko is romanized with a ‘k’ not a ‘c’. There is no ‘c’ romanization in Japanese, it’s all ‘k’.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roomaji

“Neco” may be vocally correct, but that’s not a correct romanization.

84. Neko is romanized with a ‘k’ not a ‘c’. There is no ‘c’ romanization in Japanese, it’s all ‘k’.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roomaji

“Neco” may be vocally correct, but that’s not a correct romanization.

85. Neko is romanized with a ‘k’ not a ‘c’. There is no ‘c’ romanization in Japanese, it’s all ‘k’.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roomaji

“Neco” may be vocally correct, but that’s not a correct romanization.

86. Neko is romanized with a ‘k’ not a ‘c’. There is no ‘c’ romanization in Japanese, it’s all ‘k’.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roomaji

“Neco” may be vocally correct, but that’s not a correct romanization.

87. Neko is romanized with a ‘k’ not a ‘c’. There is no ‘c’ romanization in Japanese, it’s all ‘k’.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roomaji

“Neco” may be vocally correct, but that’s not a correct romanization.

88. Neko is romanized with a ‘k’ not a ‘c’. There is no ‘c’ romanization in Japanese, it’s all ‘k’.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roomaji

“Neco” may be vocally correct, but that’s not a correct romanization.

89. Kimura-sensei says:

My friend referred to this page… I thought he was kidding…

It’s Neko-koneko. F*cking stuffed sh*it… it’s too cute for me… Need to hug it!

90. neko koneko!!! kawaaiii ;_;