A little help around the horse

Meet "Koby" the baby horse who appears to be just another red-blooded American, enjoying his oscillating fan on a Sunday afternoon. Below, he’s all "Let’s play Shadow of the Collossus, Uncle Frank!"…

Koby24

and then his Momma yells "Koooooby! wash your hooves for supper!

Koby26

"Oh and Hon, take your clean clothes into the bedroom. I warshed ‘em today."

Koby30

This magical, floral-printed home brought to you by Koby’s Mom.

Comments

1. mommy can i have a pony – pppplllleeeaaassseee!

2. OH. MY. GOSH!!!

FOAL!!!!!!!!!!

they are so cute when they are that age (although I would *not* risk bringing one into my house, let me tell you that. . .)

3. In the history of bad ideas, this lines up somewhere after letting Manson date your teenage daughter.

little horses grow up to be big horses. Don’t try this at home folks.

4. So cute, but I agree, not inside!

5. That is rediculously cute!!

6. weeeelll, it’s not *that* bad, folks. . .ya just gotta be prepared for any associated damage if the little guy panics/takes a romp/kicks something or someone. . .

but he’s pretty little yet. and some people allow their mini horses in the house all the time.

7. awwwwwwwwwwww, such a cute little horsie! i would **SO** have a horsie in my home!!!!!!

8. Yay! horses!! we need more little ones.

I love how they are just alll legs at that age….

9. LeAnn McRoberts says:

This is something only a horse lover would understand.

10. I’m just wondering where they keep the heavy-doody litter box!

11. I’m just wondering where they keep the heavy-doody litter box!

12. Err…this seems actually a li’l creepy to me…..

Maybe it’s just me?

13. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cutie horsie. I want a mini horse.

14. Look at it giving kisses!!!! That is so sweet:o) Would hate to have to change that litter box, though! I think I’d go out to the barn with “kitty in the toilet” and sleep there :o)—-NOT in the TOILET!—-in the BARN!!!

15. that’s some cute foal, but in the house?!?

16. What the???

17. Horsey goodness! Reminds me of my grad school days when I shared a studio apartment with a Clydesdale … damn if that horse didn’t always try to pay the rent in oats!

18. //}*&GT)&H(*U_I+JINM{{m!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

(That was the sound of me hitting the floor….)

LOVE it!

19. Where does it go to the bathroom? In my (adbeit limited) experience with horses, they go to the bathroom wherever and whenever they feel like it. That house must be a MESS.

20. Fruitloup says:

I think any animal will go wherever it wants if it’s not trained. I’ve heard of horses being potty trained. In fact, the appaloosa pony I used to have would always hold it in till she got back into her stall at night – VERY rarely actually went in the pasture.

21. Mini-horses are house-trainable, so I’m assuming this one might be amenable, too…

And hey, it’s their furniture, their dishes, their carpet – not mine!

22. We used to bring our baby goats in the house! I doubt this person has the horse inside at all times. If they do, that’s their perogative. It’s CUTE! I love it.

23. Dustbunny says:

24. Awwww… widdle horth. Mom, can I have one?

25. Actually…..check out how clean her home is. That horse is probably no bigger than a Great Dane and the throws she’s put on the floor are most likely to protect from muddy hoof marks. She has a light color carpet, too, so you KNOW she’s not going to be scooping poo! As long as they’re BOTH happy I give it a Yeighhhhh!:O)))))))))Remember what pets are for!

26. The laundry pic is great all by itself, but with the caption – whoa!!! (Pun fully intended this time.)

27. Koby’s full story can be found here:

28. Thanks!

I’m surprised nobody from the UK has commented on the “towel horse” pic. Must say that Koby’s *much* Quter than the average:

29. Gotta add a quick shout-out to Heidi the “house horse” – pics and story here:

30. sweet horse– his being in the house makes a little more sense if you read the whole story:

31. Really! I’d rather kiss a horses face rather than….oh…never mind…. ***silence***

32. motherbrother says:

I want one too! or a fawn in the house would be great :D
    Actually, what I really want to know is WHY it’s in the house. There must be a reason, and I must know it now! tell me!

33. motherbrother says:

OOOHHH, hehe
    thanks ‘Nova’!
    Now I understand

34. OMG, how very cute.

35. OK, photos make a LOT more sense with backstory.

Horse’s dam gets kicked while pregnant, has to be euthanized, foal saved. Hand-reared in house.

Poor (but very lucky) baby.

36. eerrrm….Is that an onion I see there on the kitchen counter?

37. Jeez people…Just allow yourself to enjoy the {{LOVE}} here. Why do your minds have to go to issues like bathroom, etc. Yes, yes, I know horses have uncontrollable waste systems, but is it really our problem? Whatever they have worked out, it works for them. Everyone looks pleased as punch with the situation. Chill and soak up the freakin’ cuteness. It’s so, so good!

38. Come on you serious folks. Have a little fun. I’m sure that foal doesn’t STAY in the house!!

39. ADORABLE!! If I could bring my quarter horse Sammy into the house I so would… This little guy is a doll!!

40. My horse phobia.. slowly shrinking away.. for the cuteness. T_T Then they get big and scary. Argh.

41. michimachoo says:

yeah im a bit creeped out by the owner. Is it a woman, a man or a poltergiest?

42. How sweet–I love the kiss pic!

43. The first thing I thought of when I saw this was – “My, what a messy house.”

44. Ok, that first picture looks really photoshopped. I’m not accusing, it could be the light, but there are no shadows where they should be and look at the neck? I don’t know about the rest of them.

45. Grrr…..

46. HOW RANDOM IS THAT?! HAHAHAHAH! AWESOME!

47. Janet plus Angus and Misha says:

Gosh, I love horses wildly, love to kiss their noses and lean on them, but even a little horse in the house seems sort of weird. At some point the cute horsie will have to go out to sleep in a stall and not on the sofa. I’ve known kids who slept with their ponies out in the stables, but a horse on the sofa is new. We’ll think about that. The cats say ABSOLUTELY not.

48. Amazing!

49. >>sweet horse– his being in the house makes a little more sense if you read the whole story:

Posted by: Nova | Mar 28, 2006 at 04:25 PM< <

For you, Janet plus Angus and Misha. And for whoever thought these pics were Photoshopped, too.

50. Subhangi says:

Great. Now I want my very own Quickdraw McGraw Jr.

51. poop is not the issue.

the issue is that when this horse weighs 1100 lbs it will be upset that it has to be outside, and it will be dangerous, not cute, when she tries to crawl into your lap.

If the woman moved into the barn, then, hey, no problem.

52. How come there’s milk in the bathroom in the second pic?

53. haha this is great! (I was wondering if that was milk, too. heh heh)

54. omiGAW!

Was that a pony!?

55. I think it’s a kitchen, not a bathroom :) Totally adorable horse. I always wanted one!

56. you guys r silly says:

Go to the link above and check out the whole story — it’s VERY COOL. It’s a horse rescue organization — you really have to *ADMIRE* people who unselfishly give of their time and themselves to help animals (and other people) who wouldn’t be able to survive without the help. *CUDOS* to you guys — and *smooches* to all the beautiful horses that you are helping. (Especially Koby! &:o)

57. you guys r silly says:

P*GO THERE – READ IT*) — the horse was only in the house 2 or 3 days until they could revive it and start keeping it alive (so of course they were taking pictures and documenting it all…) — He was adopted then and lives on a “ranch” with his adopted family and other horses…(in a barn and everything!) *SHEESH!!! Read the story! Appreciate the fact that these people are HELPING THIS ORPHAN STAY ALIVE!!!
    (yikes!)

58. I read the story this morning and it’s so nice to have people like this lady! She’s just as sweet as the little horse she nursed back to health. Can you imagine how tough it had to been to “let go” of it? Unless you’ve ever devoted time to saving an animal it might be hard to understand, but we need more devoted rescuers like her. Awwwwwww! What a wonderful story :o))))) Jaypo is still my kitties” godmother but this women is right in line behind her!

59. sally cannioto says:

If thats a kitchen, why is there a medicine cabinet on the wall ?

60. I think it’s the makeshift Horse Rescue Kitchen.

61. should she maybe feed that horse?? his ribs are sticking out a lot.

62. Yay, yay, yayyyyy for wee Koby and his lovely rescuers!!!

What an awesome story, and amazing photos. He’s such an adorable lil’ guy, and his “mamas” are wonderful for helping save him.

And to Dustbunny, who wrote, “Hey, people, don’t be such neigh-sayers. The mane thing is that the horsie is happy!” LMAO You rawk. Great comment.

63. oh, nevermind, that’s the point. she rescued it. *forgive me*

64. um… horses dont belong in a house. that house looks like a train wreck. not cute. hoarder style.

65. Every year, I ask for a pony for my birthday, and this is exactly how I imagine I’d spend the first few weeks with it! Sitting in front of the fan watching “the simpsons,” then doing chores with My Little Pony’s help, and getting kisses in exchange for baby carrots.
    Le Sigh…
    Ok, for reals though, Mommy would say “Get that g.d. horse outta my f’ing house RIGHT THIS MINUTE or you both will get the switch!!”

66. I printed this out and showed it to my parents and told them I didn’t want to hear them complain about the dog on the couch ever again :)

67. why is somebody getting all upset that other readers didn’t know that this was a rescue horse situation? where, exactly, in the original post was such information (or linkage) provided? eesh.

(also, I’m with those who think it’s a bathroom. you keep a mirrored cabinet in your kitchen?!)

68. Netherland Dwarf rabbit, owner! says:

Oh how cute! Especially the kiss in the kitchen one and the sitting on the chair one!

69. This is really cute, but that foal could grow up to be quite a dangerous horse if he’s not around other foals and his owners are training him to be so chummy with humans. Just an observation–no, I’m not a cold-hearted person who doesn’t appreciate these people saving his life, but they could get a nasty surprise down the road when someone gets hurt because this now-cute, then-1000-pound creature doesn’t respect humans.

70. Janet, plus Misha and Angus says:

Both Misha and Angus are rescue animals, and none of us would have batted a large eye if we’d known about the poor little horsie’s plight. We just wish we had enough room to give a home to an old retired horse, so it could eat peacefully in a pasture instead of …. instead of what we don’t even want to mention.

71. Have you even bothered to look at the whole story of his rescue? he’s an OUTSIDE horse now.

Thank you.

72. as you guys r silly said above,

“the horse was only in the house 2 or 3 days until they could revive it and start keeping it alive (so of course they were taking pictures and documenting it all…) — He was adopted then and lives on a “ranch” with his adopted family and other horses…(in a barn and everything!) *SHEESH!!!”

73. Janet, plus Misha and Angus says:

You know, we was just worried about the little horsie, and yes we did then read the whole story. So why’s everyone so upset. We think rescue is really important, but we think trying to understand each other isn’t a bad goal either.

74. Oops.

My bad.

75. Oops.

My bad.

I guess I got a bit tired of all the people carrying on about the horse being in the house…

76. hehe, cute likkle horsey.

*giggles* because Koby has a foals funny coloured tail…. in the top photo it looks like he is sat on a long haired kitty! (tail sticking out from underneath his bum!)

77. What a great horse! Sitting on the chair–I’ve never imagined such a thing! Hope it is housebroken!

78. Becky B. says:

The horse is cute, too bad the apartment is such a complete MESS. I feel bad for the mini horse having to live in such a stye.

79. Why is it that I TOTALLY expect to see this house on an episode of “Animal Cops” sometime soon. “The horse collector house”…lol

80. Animal Cops! LOL!!
    Can you imagine a house full of little ponies?! and the little old lady crying, “…but these are my baaaaaaaaabeeeeeeeeees! They neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed me! Ouch, Li’l Biscuit, don’t kick mama like that…leave my ponies alooooooooooooooooooone!”

81. Anyone who’s raised babe’s knows this is a possibility…cute, cute and more cute and think how friendly he’ll be as an adult. Perfect house manners! lol…We do this with lambs all the time and pray we don’t have to with our foals. Good Parenting folks!

82. As far as horse training goes, this is really good imprinting. This baby is going to grow up to be a trusting, confident horse. Not too mention he is adorable! Look at those big eyes! That’s the kind of face horse people look for!
    And I wouldn’t worry that he’s being spoiled…it’s not like te lady is carrying him around or having him sit in her lap. Trust me, even that young, those babies are heavy and their feet tend to HURT. Thanks for the foal pic!

83. There is a song here in the Netherlands about a hores in the house I qoute:

Er staat een paard in de gang, ja ja een paard in de gang
    O o een paard in gang bij buurvrouw Jansen

Translation is,

There is a horse in the corridor, o o a horse in the corridor at neighbour Jansen.

Oke, the lyric sucks, but It is about a horse in the house :) And keep up the good work! ***huggs and kisses for Koby****

84. I like the song, Daja!

85. i thnk this foal is so sweet!!!!!!!! BTW im from UK so maybi im the first person to comment..hmm..
    Daddy..I want a pony!

86. moonstar_elf...(raven) says:

omg! i love it!! but this is MY senario..(um didnt spell that right did i?… well here goes..husband is coolin’ off by the fan, naggin’ ole’ wife wants him *grudgingly comes* gives her a kiss as she hands out work..then *tromps* off to do it………….didnt ya love it???!!!! well that was my brain power for today! yay…*pat myself on back*…

87. Charisse says:

This horse looks so smart. I have horeses but I wish that we could have the babys in our house. We have 8 horse!!!!! I LUV HORSES

88. Oh how CUTE!!!!!
    Id looooooove to have a horse like that so nice and polite!!!
    i love the first pic!
    Its just like->
    Horse:”AAAAAAAHH time to sit back an denjoy the fan and the chair ofcourse!”

89. Oh how CUTE!!!!!
    Id looooooove to have a horse like that so nice and polite!!!
    i love the first pic!
    Its just like->
    Horse:”AAAAAAAHH time to sit back an denjoy the fan and the chair ofcourse!”

90. opps sorry commented two times!
    Hey but look!