Please don’t ask me how this happened

I mean, the staging, People—check it out! Hello Kitty shizzle everywhere, the delightful colors, the ribbon and —IS THAT JUST A HEAD!?

Dog5_1

If it is, it’s perfectly packaged. On towels for comfort. Will someone please heyx-plain this to me!?

Comments

1. Eyes?? Where are my EYES??!?

2. pardon my ignorance, but what exactly are we looking at here? puppy? baby harp seal?

3. Yeah, what is that, a Hello Puppy?

4. pardon my ignorance, but what exactly are we looking at here? puppy? baby harp seal?

5. sorry…double post…computer being wonky….

6. It’s DogTop, part of the new Hello Kitty Collectibles 3I series(TM): Interspecies Interchange IxTREME!!! Multi-Mammalian Body sold separately.

7. Perhaps it’s the Cuteness Morph:

Clever genetic engineers conducted an exhaustive study to document the cutest features of several different species, then morphed them together to create the Ultimate Cute Thing.

And here we have it. . .

8. you guys r silly says:

oh my god…it’s a gift-wrapped HEAD…I really want to believe that there’s a living BODY attached to it somewhere…
    ???????

9. i don’t care *what* it is. as long as it’s warm, it’s the perfect snorgle.

10. meeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh! giant ratio of cheek to nose/mouth… must… touch… S.P.S.S (special petting snuggle spot)

oooooooooooooooooooo

11. I miss Theo’s links

12. MaggieBelle says:

Do we get a prize if we guess it correctly? Because my money says it’s a pup. Or maybe a bun. Aw, heck. I give up!

13. I don’t care…whatever it is, I hope Japan starts marketing them soon. Maybe you’ll be able to buy them out of those toy vending machines.

*eep*

14. Okay, I now know I am completely off my rocker, that is the cutest little head ever, but what I am astounded by is the perfection of the bow tying…

15. AuntieMame says:

The bow is the same color as the patches of skin around his nose!

I usually hate pastels (especially pink!) but that is aDORable.

16. I think that post of the pomlet with cutest puppy ever all over it has started a puppy war (I am still thinking of how to package my pup for optimal cuteness)
    Dagnab it I’ll show you cutest puppy ever.

17. i feel all easter-y now.

let’s color eggs and hide them. (AuntieMame, u can make your eggs black if u want.)

18. i love puppies and kitties and duckies and all that other stuff. but 1. i have no idea what this is and 2. am i the only one who thinks this is creepy?

19. MJ – as quoth napoleon, “there is but one step from the cute to the creepy.” or something like that.

20. Norty — an old-style namelink for you.

21. E. Collison says:

Well… it’s an “interesting” photo. (Sorry, I’m not down with Hello Kitty – or pastels.)

WanRoom stuff is an altogether different matter, though!

22. . . .this photo ties in very nicely with the colour scheme of the site, though. anyone else notice that?

23. Its like its part of the hello kitty stuff behind it but much NICER

24. I think this head looks dead! And so does the hamster in the habitrail cup. Creepy!

25. I definately think this belongs in “cute or sad”. i would go with sad.

26. Amanda Lou Snow says:

All bundled up and ready to go!

27. E. Collison says:

OK, I’ll be honest – this is downright creepy.

28. Awww It’s Sooo Sweet!
    Lol

29. to mee it looks like a hamster or guine pig they must have zoomed in on the head and thats why the head looks so big and why it dosent seem like it has a body

30. It’s a PUPPY, people! Yes, it’s posed, and yes, it’s in pastels… but it’s damned cute! I don’t see how it’s creepy or sad. It’s a newborn, for heaven’s sake.

31. beauregard says:

You know what I love? The word puppy. Even the word describing these things is freaking ADORABLES!

32. Ah! Wait! I spy a tail! Off to the left!

33. sunnykat says:

newborns (no matter what species), i think, are not as cute as when they are a few weeks old and able to play a little. plus their cloudy eyes are a bit creepy. but they do smell nice. creamy and sweet.

34. sunnykat says:

MJ–i think that’s her left ear! *^^*

35. Ah, I think you are correct. Still no signs of a body…

36. It’s a newborn puppy girl! Very cute, but kind of sad, she should be with her litter mates, resting and getting some of Momma’s milk.

“Momma? Momma?”

37. Ponygirl says:

This is obviously the little brother puppy of a teenage girl puppy who dressed him up all nice so she could take photos of him to use as blackmail fodder.
    “Oh…Don’t want to share that bone? Maybe I will post your “baby” pictures on the St Cynthia of Perpetual Obedience School website. What do you think of that? Yeah, sharing that bone soulds pretty sweet now, huh?”

Older sisters are mean.

38. The puppy (or what we assume is a puppy), wouldn’t need that silly hello kitty bottle if it could just be with it’s mommy.

(Help! I can’t stop commenting on this one today! I’m just…well, I don’t get this photo!!!)

39. E. Collison says:

Look, I think “Hello Kitty” is much more creepy than “cute.” It’s not a dis of the site or the pic, not by a long shot – just sayin’…

Link to this site’s page featuring pics of Wanroom stuff (which kills me with its kuteness): http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/product_cuteness/index.html

40. It DOES look rather creepy… Like something the Grim Reaper might do, cut off a puppy’s head, decorate it, and take a picture before posting it all over the internet. o0

Sorry, weird imagination at work here.

41. Ya know, I hate cutesy baby looking stuff like pastels and Hello Kitty, but my god, that is one adorable little, uhhh puppy- whatever it is it has fuzz and a cute nose so it’s just too damned cute.
    This should be top 10 Cuteness of all time!

~anony

42. Could this be a kitten? Compare to “Nice Rack” under the Cats ‘n’ Racks category…

43. i think it’s a wee (VERY wee) shar pei (or sharpieX) pup. before all the wrinkles set in.

44. JessJess says:

*dies*

45. oh, didn’t look closely enough at the hair.

scratch that sharpie guess; now, i’m thinking blonde chow (or chowX) pup. it’s the width of the snout and the prosh lips that are getting me!

46. Oh please tell me the owner has a baby and that’s what all the Hello Kitty paraphernalia is about. 8-\

47. Kimberley says:

Soooooooooooooo Cute!!!!!! :-)

48. No insulting the Reaper people even death has the good taste to not decapitate and decorate… decapitate, sure, an ends to a means but to decorate it like this… what would be the point? *g* Besides I imagine death is more a Bad Batz kind of entity, maybe a little Emily Strange, but Hello Kitty?!

Okay, I have just walked past the point of weird and directly to the freak catagory…

49. E. Collison says:

How about a newborn Akita pup?!

50. Ok, has anyone else noticed the name of this image is “Dog_5″? IT’S A DOG! Phew, now I can sleep tonight…

51. You know, come to think of it, this might be where the litter is, perhaps a converted crib. Breeders sometimes bootlefeed pups, especially the runt of the litter, the bow might be way to tell which pup which (boy or girl).

That might explain the bottle although it’s a tad big for this cuty.

52. E. Collison says:

Must say that the little nose, upper lip and soft, soft fur are extremely kawai.

53. christina says:

so cute just wanna kiss that wittle nosey and get close enough to smell the puppy breath

54. Isn’t it just possible that this picture is “staged” (using quote fingers) rather than a candid, people? No one accidentally takes a picture like this. I think too much is being read into the paraphernalia surrounding this pup-pup. Girls wear pink, babies use bottles, dogs and Hello Kitty lying together…

55. Wha?? Staged? You mean puppies aren’t born with pink satin bows? Smelling like baby powder and cotton candy? Piled on top of a mountain of Herro Kiddy goodies? Bahh. You just burst my bubble. ::sniffle::

56. lol

57. You’re right, I guess that was a little kill-joyish of me.

58. It’s definitely staged. The only question is whether or not the puppy’s momma already had the baby goods on hand or bought them especially *for the puppy* (which would be creepy).

59. sock monster says:

THIS IS SOOO CUTE!

60. im pretty sure thats a baby bunny rabbit thing….hmmmmm….. or maybe its some kind of mutant hamster…no im sure now, its definatly a bunny

61. no….. i change my mind, its definatly a dog, look at the nose… and the ears are partly acceptable as dogs… well maybe not the ears….hmmmm….yah its a dog

62. the ears are too cat like…. dang it! every time i make a choice i look at the picture and change my mind! its a mutant bunny-cat-dog-hamster-thing There!
    so hah indecision!
    well maybe theres some kind of guinea pig in the mix, well no…..ARG!!!

63. E. Collison says:

It’s a DOG. Check the title of the jpg – “Dog 5_1.”

64. cute but weird

65. Michelle says:

Yeah. Bun bun noses look like: Y

66. Subhangi says:

I don’t know what animal that is, but I LOVE IT! *squeergles*

67. Subhangi says:

I don’t know what animal that is, but I LOVE IT! *squeergles*

68. Subhangi says:

I don’t know what animal that is, but I LOVE IT! *squeergles*

69. Stephanie says:

I can see the body!

If you look closely, at the top of the head there is a little part that is out of focus. This must mean it is farther away, therefore the body.

I think it’s cute by the way!

70. I wasn’t sure if it was a puppy or a kitten, but it’s cute. As to the Grim Reaper, he wouldn’t decapitate a puppy for kicks, that’s not his style. He would have skeleton puppies for pets!
    This in keeping with the Weird Theme that was started a few posts back, and my somewhat morbid sense of humor.

71. I wasn’t sure if it was a puppy or a kitten, but it’s cute. As to the Grim Reaper, he wouldn’t decapitate a puppy for kicks, that’s not his style. He would have skeleton puppies for pets!

72. I wasn’t sure if it was a puppy or a kitten, but it’s cute. As to the Grim Reaper, he wouldn’t decapitate a puppy for kicks, that’s not his style. He would have skeleton puppies for pets!

73. I wasn’t sure if it was a puppy or a kitten, but it’s cute. As to the Grim Reaper, he wouldn’t decapitate a puppy for kicks, that’s not his style. He would have skeleton puppies for pets!

74. I wasn’t sure if it was a puppy or a kitten, but it’s cute. As to the Grim Reaper, he wouldn’t decapitate a puppy for kicks, that’s not his style. He would have skeleton puppies for pets!

75. I wasn’t sure if it was a puppy or a kitten, but it’s cute. As to the Grim Reaper, he wouldn’t decapitate a puppy for kicks, that’s not his style. He would have skeleton puppies for pets!

76. Awwww! I love the composition of this picture. The colours are so relaxing. I think I’m going to save this and stare at it in times of stress. :D

77. I find it a bit sinister tbh. Imagine it bouncing around, blindly.

78. Maybe it is one of those “stress balls” that you squeeze for relaxation?

79. All I have to go on is fiction, but:

Discworld’s Death has cats. Living ones.

Sandman’s Death, who would indeed be all about Emily the Strange, has two goldfish called Slim and Wandsworth (Slim is the big orange one, Wandsworth the little yellow one).

And I think this is just a case of baby animal + fisheye lens. I’m sure there is a body lurking back there somewhere.

80. Directions: Go north at “Wet Nose St” until you come to “Bristle Hair Rd”, there will be an intersection–“Eastbound Ear”, “Westbound Ear”, and “North Softfur Ave”—Stay north where it will turn in to “Fuzzy-top St”—-about 4 inches you should reach “Fuzzy-Bottom” which will take you to a one lane, dead-end street “My Tail Blvd” is approx 2 inches away—can’t miss it! Have a safe, fuzzy, and comfortable trip!

81. NinjaPussycat says:

yeah theo, i miss your links too. :(

82. Jan Spencer says:

I think he/she is just absolutely “prosh”. What a sweetie.

83. There is definately no fisheye lens involved here. This is one of those rare cases where the close up is not projecting the cuteness. I think if this were taken farther away this would be way cuter! But hey, let’s not be picky…

84. dressin up is exhausting…

85. NinjaPussycat says:

Lol! Theo, thank you so much! That rocked! I couldn’t see the 1st one though, but I actually used the second pic for my friendster account once upon a time. :)

86. Ninja — OK, I did test it before I posted, but now it doesn’t work for me either.

It will still work, though, if you copy-and-paste it into the address bar of a clean browser window, rather than simply clicking on it. Tripod is one of those places that gets cranky about deep links.

87. AuntieMame says:

It works fine for me.

“C’mon, punk! You want a piece of me?!? Hwooaaaw!”

88. yeah, I can’t quite tell what this is either. Very cute, but it could be a puppy, a rat, or a bunny. I’m hoping it’s a puppy!

89. im bored

90. She’s so cute. She looks like a ferret, posed like that. I actually was going to suggest it was one, but since the picture has “dog” in it…

91. E. Collison says:

The Tripod link worked for me – could this be a browser issue? (I’m using the current build of Firefox.)

92. lol u know this almost looks like a paraody of that old timey method of tieng a string round ur head when ur tooth hurts…ahh so cute tho.. and extra kudos to the meticulous hands that tied the tiny lil ribbon on her teeny head!

93. NinjaPussycat says:

Hey thanks theo. Now that is an awesome ninja kitty picture. :)