Another Cuteologist profile

Brillo Cuteologist Darrelyn of Georgia attached this photo to the Cuteologist map the other day. What is she trying to do? KILL US!?

Wrinkle_pups

Comments

1. YAY FIRST POST! Awwwwww so adorable!

2. Little wrinkly baby faces! Their snouts looks so smoooth… snuzzle.

3. Aha, dogpile! ANOTHER PHOTO BONUS!

4. AAh look at the eyes of the rigth dog!! sooo adorable

5. Gosh Theo!!! Do you have that site memorized???!!!

6. Um… actually, just about.
    I did have to rummage around a little.

7. :-D you are funny.

(in a very good way!)

8. MaggieBelle says:

AWWWW! Bulldogs are my favorite! They’re so cuddly and wrinkly and anerable!

9. Bulldogs, shar peis, pugs — they’re like their own doggy bags.

10. if you blow up their nostrils (lightly, folks — it doesn’t hurt them, so don’t phone me in to animal control OK?), their little lips go flappity-flappity. TOO cute!!!

and then they give you this look like “WHAT the….”

and then they shower you with kisses, yessss the precious….they do….

11. The big fuzzy dog lips own me.

12. OMG. I want to kiss their wee little noses.

I can smell the puppy breath from here.

13. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW such cuties!!!!!!! :) awwwwwww i just wanna…. ^.^ *SMOOCH* em! :3

14. E. Collison says:

And the difference between these pups and the kitten in the last post is: ???

15. AWWWWW!!!! Too cute!!! I MUST SNUGGLE WITH THEM!!!!

16. E. Collison said:
    “And the difference between these pups and the kitten in the last post is: ???

(Sorry, I’m feeling a little irked due to lack of love for said kitten – and it’s not even my pic.)”

It’s not that no one loves the kitten (lots of people, in fact, wanted to give the kitten love), but that it’s not cute to lots of people, particularly those who recognise the mismanagement of animal breeding its mutated little head represents.

Really, though, it’s a silly thing to worry yourself over *^_^* After all, “de gustibus non est disputandum”*, as they used to say in Rome!

*”In matters of taste there can be no dispute.”

17. E. Collison says:

snorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorgle

18. Maybe you’re projecting?

19. snorglesnorglesnorglesnorglesnorgle[echphbbftt... wha??]
    …where am I?

20. FUZZY!FLUFF :o

21. So sweet and cute. I want to give them all hugs! :)

22. Darrellyn says:

Those are my mom’s dogs. She breeds them. She has a website for them. It’s http://www.selectbulldogs.com

23. Darrellyn says:

Oh, and when I took that picture, they were too young to walk. They would drag their tiny wrinkly bodies across the carpet and fall asleep in balls on top of each other.
    :D

24. twentythreecakes says:

Awww!!!! fwoppie cheek doggies! How I want to go jiggle their widdle fwoppie cheeks!

25. Hehehe I scrolled down quickly and just glancing at the photo, I thought I was looking at 4 smooshy little butts.

26. CreepyGroovy says:

Grace said:
    “It’s…not cute to…those who recognise the mismanagement of animal breeding its mutated little head represents. These puppies look exactly the way they’re meant to, which is freaking adorable.”

Actually, not true. As recently as a few hundred years ago, dogs displayed less genetic diversity – they all looked much like their wolf relatives. Long rostrums (snouts) were the norm. Then along came people – especially those crazy Victorians – who decided they wanted to tinker with the mutations they were seeing in their domestic pets, and voila, dog breeding became a fancy.

So those adorable puppy faces with their short stubby snouts were just as “engineered” by human breeders as the Persian cat was. It’s done to enhance the pedomorphic (baby-like) features of the animal’s head. And you gotta admit, it certainly does up the cute quotient.

27. haha i think her main goal is to kill people with total overloads of cuteness. i heard her discussing it with the imaginary people in her closet! so be careful of future pictures they may be harmful

28. They look like soft, furry, wringly pig-dogs. Actually, they look incredibly soft!

29. Awwwwwww, wrinkly fuzzy babies. *snuggles up next to them and falls asleep*

30. CreepyGroovy: yes, if you want to be semantic about it.

Me, I’m just here for the cute. Seeing folks freaking out and getting weirdly defensive over other people’s taste in critters prompted me to try and explain the perspective of those who had a similar response about that kitten in the previous post. That’s all.

:D