The Roving Cuteporter™ checks in

Roving Cuteportress Amy F. bravely sent the following shoes in for your viewing pleasure. The following shoes were spotted at Macy’s just moments ago. She reports Marc Jacobs is apparently on the C.B. (Cute Bandwagon) just like the rest of us (Yeah, I’m looking at you, New York Times!) Check it!

As Amy says: "What’s hard to see are the whiskers—for reals!!!"

Image

-and- I like dee black one:

Image_2

Comments

1. Pugs n Kisses says:

Ooohh mousieshoes, wish I could find a pair!!

2. You’re never fully dressed without a pair of patent leather mouse face shoes.

3. But do they have the matching handbag??

4. OMG I WANT THOSE. :D

5. Those would go great with my Kitty Shoes from Anarchic!

6. …do you think someone who suffers from musophobia would buy the above shoes?

7. omg ugliest shoes ever!

8. E. Collison says:

Now all you need is a little black mouse-face dress to go with them… Oh, and pearls, of course!

9. AuntieMame says:

And the sad part is that they probably cost hundreds of dollars…

Cute, but kinda juvenile.

10. If anyone finds a link or a store in the Pacific NW that carries them, please post it. Just curious how much I can’t afford those shoes.

11. I just saw these last night at Neiman Marcus. They’re adorable! I think they were slingbacks. Very cute.

12. If they come in a ferret-faced model….I might have to sell off an ovary to get some. *grin*

–TwoDragons

13. I can see myself being followed down the street by a herd of cats!

14. Wow.

Elegant! I’m starting to like Marc Jacobs less and less…?

15. I found the shoes on Zappos. Marc Jacobs site—worst navigation everrrrr! [singsong]

There’s a hint of metallic on the nose—so summer 2005, but whatevs.

16. I always feel silly wearing dress shoes and pumps, but I would *love* to have a pair of rodent shoes that conformed to dress code. Oddly, I wouldn’t feel as silly wearing these as ordinary pumps. It makes the same “don’t take everything so seriously” statement as wearing a pair of big fluffy bunny slippers to a meeting, but without the fashion faux pas.

17. Not cute…barfugly!

Altho I imagine they’ll be all the rage with girls in Japan. They like that weird crap.

18. hey, this site was featured in the UK times newspaper’s style section today! It came second in a list of things that were “going up” in the world of style! congratulations!

19. I saw the exact same magazine! go cute overload.

20. I prefer flip-flops myself…

21. Christina — I think I’ve found your matching handbag. “Offhand Designs” is a pretty good name for this outfit, too.

(link, as usual)

22. Absolutely toooooooooooo
    much cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. I love that the name of the shoe is “Mouse Ballerina”. Love it!

24. E. Collison says:

#300.00 for those??! C’mon, give over. MUCH too pricey, which is *trés* uncute.

25. That NYT article you link to is stunningly well-written…I quote:

“Cuteness is distinct from beauty…emphasizing rounded over sculptured, soft over refined, clumsy over quick. Beauty attracts admiration and demands a pedestal; cuteness attracts affection and demands a lap.

“Beauty is rare and brutal, despoiled by a single pimple. Cuteness is commonplace and generous, content on occasion to cosegregate with homeliness.”

Sigh. Thanks Meg.

26. cool dude dog lover says:

I don’t really like shoes, but MAN!!!

27. sure, it’s cute to look at, but anyone in their right mind actually wear them? As in, without a strong sense of irony and theatrics? A little too faux hipster cuteness for me.

28. shit those are ugly shoes. i don’t care if they have mice on em. the black ones aren’t as bad. but yeah.

29. I would wear them. Hell yes. I wouldn’t pay $300 for them, though. I wear shoes with bugs, why not wear shoes with mice?!

30. ehh those shoes are so ugly

31. The Manolo, he says, AIYEEE!

32. lillyadilly says:

I would wear them and even be tempted to pay the $300 – IF they weren’t made from baby cows….

33. If I wore leather and spent hundreds of dollars on shoes, I would totally buy the black ones. A door and a ball