Japanese anime secrets—REVEALED!

Hold on to your raccoon-furred, tail-swingin’ caps, People, the Cuteness meter just blew up!

Courtesy of Ms. Stephanie R., we present "Ezo Momonga", the flying Japanese squirrel. Apparently every single anime artist in Japan has seen this site, since this little guy is obviously the epitome of all Japanese varmint-esque characters. I mean, look at him!!! And listen to what he’s saying!

[rustling] "I shall swoop into your lives—and CHANGE THEM FOREVER!" [say in Japanese accent]

P7_1

"Watch as I effortlessly GLIDE INTO YOUR MIND, ERASING ALL THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY CONSIDERED CUTE!"

[jumps off branch] "Ehnn!"

P17

"I shall now BURROW MYSELF INTO YOUR BRAIN and you shall COME VISIT ME DAILY ON THIS SITE!" [cracks a small snack on the tree trunk]

"Oh, yeah."

P28

Photographed by Seiichi Meguro.

Comments

1. Hehehe that is a very very cute squirrel right there. It really reminds me of Momochan from the hit Adult Swim anime series Samurai Champloo. Still don’t know who I’m talkin’ about? Take a look at these pictures from a site I found: http://www.animegalleries.net/album/5077

2. ooh, my head just exploded. so early in the morning!

3. eeeep! if you go to the site linked in the blurb, scroll to the bottom and look to the left for their cartoon version of the little guy, complete with japanese flag! so cute!

and the champloo gallery linked above has an excellent entry for the new “critters n bosoms” section. or are we not allowed to talk about that anymore? ;)

4. you seriously should have a warning before you post something that cute.

that’s it. i’m in a good mood for the rest of the day!

5. That is too cute to be real!!

They look good enough to eat, those tiny-sweet-smoochie-fluffy-fuzzy… *melts*

6. Meg!! D=

I needed my head today, thanks for completely blowing off the left side of it with the cuteness.

7. I just love the write-ups that accompany these cute pics, especially the ones that include sound-effects, e.g.:
    [jumps off branch] “Ehnnn!”

LOL!!! (oD

8. Look at those precious eyes. Soooooo big. Kawaii
    …………That means cute in japanese.

9. Good lord. I found a close up of the little critter. http://www.town.kumakogen.ehime.jp/culture/museum/img/goods_card_momonga3.jpg

10. That’s kawaii enough to be in violation of the Geneva Conventions. That’s weapons-grade cuteness!

–TwoDragons

11. omg… that is the cutest squirrel ever! Much cuter than the squirrels that live around my house (shh.. i won’t tell them if you don’t!)

The day can’t be bad with something that cute! ^_^

12. *FWOOMP*

My brain just imploded from the cuteness.

13. Can I send you my hospital bill from having my spleen reinserted?

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

14. Oh no oh no — it’s the BEE EE EFF!!!

15. OMG. even better than a hamster.

thank u meg!!!

16. OMG!!! CUTE OVERDOSE!!!

17. Marco – you are so right! The resemblence there is simply uncanny. Thanks for posting the link. :)

18. so precious!!!

19. Awwwwwwwwww <3 :D:D ^_^

20. i want one!!!!!! <33333

21. It reminds me of the thing in My Neighbor Totoro!

22. You people are pathetic.

23. KAWAII!!!!
    CHIBI!!!!!

Omg it’s so cute I went bilingual!

24. Anime has nothing to do with this! And the cuteness meter blew up ages ago! All the same, i started to laugh at the obssession of flying squirrels…..but it is cute

Not REALLY!

25. Oh my Jude you are totally right it does look like that creature.

I just squealed in the middle of my office. Good thing I’m on break!

CUTE!!

26. LL Cool F says:

The big-eyed anime look is actually based on Betty Boop, believe it or not. I think you owe her an apology.

27. E. Collison says:

From the site:

“…he wants to say something.
    But he has no way to express himself.

If they could talk, we would have another wonderful world.”

Indeed! Kawaaaaiiiii!!!

28. Worker Bee says:

Hey! A colleague of mine brought the book that all those pictures come from into work a few months back. Funny to see it posted here, but fitting. I had forgtten about it. Ohmigosh, and the book is about 75 pictures thick of the little momonga. They just swoop from tree to tree and find little holes to burrow themselves into. I want one!

29. E. Collision — yikes, OK, that particular pic you’ve linked to reminds me of a little something I saw once on Weebl’s Stuff… (PG-13 link)

30. MORE HAMSTER. YAY.

nature of theo: 1 person or borg?
    discuss.

31. Ah, momo-san!

32. Oh no! Mixed up my Japanese honourifics!

33. heck yeah the cute meter just blew up
    [ BOOM] aaaaahhhhhhhhh *thump*

34. OHHHHMYYYYYYGOOOODDDDDD.That is totally the cutest thing ever to walk the entire face of the EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!eeeeeeek!!!!!!!

35. “nature of theo: 1 person or borg?”

Heh. We’ll have to get back to you on that one.

36. *Stares at screen blankly*

OMFG…too freaking cute.

37. OMG.. it’s Momo-san! *kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!*

38. Biters!

CU readers, switch to Justalittleguy for the freshest cuteness (and profanity)…

39. Biters!

CU readers, switch to Justalittleguy for the freshest cuteness (and profanity)…

40. CreepyGroovy says:

Aw, geez. So damn cute I just crapped my pants. Thanks a load.

41. OMG that thing is SOOOO FRICKIN CUUUUUTEEEEE

42. Jan Spencer says:

OH he is just way too cute, you just wanna scratch behind his ears!!

43. I go away for 4 days and look what happens…imagine if I left for a month or something, I don’t think the world could handle it for I am completely under this little guys power now.
    Oh, and that heading couldn’t be more accurate. Sooooooooooooo cute thitchubai

44. This shoots right up to the top of cutest critters I’ve ever witnessed. Thanks for posting that link Jalg Soldja, some excellent pictures on that website as well. I was in such a crappy mood till i logged on here; this site always cheers me up. :P

45. Woods walker says:

Just when I recovered from one cute meltdown this happens-another cute meltdown.

46. omg… that has to be the cutest little thing ever!! (excluding boxes of kittens) it’s so cute it’s painful- awwwwwwwwwwwww-ow!awwwwwwwwwwwww-ow!

47. I CAN ONLY BE KILLED SO MANY TIMES BY THE UTTER CUTENESS OF THE STUFF ON THIS WEBSITE. I’M GOING TO CHOKE TO DEATH ONE OF THESE DAYS JUST LOOKING AT THESE THINGS.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

48. How the heck is this even real???

We should all go to Japan.

49. SOCthulhu says:

Is it just me, or does that squirrel look like he’s gonna kick someone’s butt?

I guess I’ve seen too much anime :P

50. Very cute, the eyes… oh my…

51. Whoa! Nice blog, Gazard. I’ve seen it from your comments before (maybe under a different name?) but the iMac kitty bed is new to me.

Linkity link.

52. i think the japanese are hogging all the cute

53. Evert van Rossum says:

Cuteoverload is the shit :)

54. This thing could kick Godzilla’s ass with its cuteness!!!

55. My boss is sending me home coz i just melted into a gooey pool of mushy cuteness-loving. Suggestion for further rule of cuteness: if your eyes are bigger than your head, you’re cute!!

56. fuck a cute overload—
    its only http://justalittleguy.blogspot.com for ‘nimal pics and camron rhymes

57. “hello how can i help you to day” in a somewhat meek cartoonish voice

58. I could have a heart attack it’s so cute!!

59. pistache268 says:

That is very squee. And the first picture is a very happy flying squirrel. Look at its smile!

60. Too cute. *dies*

61. Those Japanese flying squirrels sure are cutesy-wootsy!!!

62. how tiny …keep an eye out so you wont loose the cute little animal!!! i wish you good luck/and tiny.