Snailio flipbook

1_1Say what!?
2_1But… I…
3_4Eeeehn!
4_1Eeeeeeeeeehn!
5_16Ehn.
7Dah doo doo doo doo whee, whee, whee [more scatting]

A thousand thanks to Sean Bires (were you like, making out behind the High School bleachers when you noticed this?)

Comments

1. Very nice photos and very cute!

2. Great shots

3. YOU DA SNAIL!

Amazing.

4. Holy crap. It’s almost as cute as kittens.

Snails are my new number 2.

5. I see nothing cute about this snail. i think it’s gross!

6. You gotta love that look around, as if he’s thinking “Any other options around here? Nope. Ok, eeeeearrrgh!”

7. Espilonarge says:

Its like the little train that could do it.. and it did well. ;)

8. I love snails. Especially sauted in garlic. Mmmm.

9. I didn’t know snails could scat!

Just shows you gotta stretch before exerting yourself. He coulda pulled a snail muscle.

10. i love snail. SNAIL!!!!!!!!yay!YAY, SNAIL!!!

11. i love it!! :) snails are usually the forgotten cuties of the insect world.

12. oh! Snailio.. so small.. so brave

13. Ingenius! Gotta love snails…have home will travel an’ all that!

14. great photographs — too cool.

15. I’m usually phobic about snails (and their homeless cousins, slugs), but this was safely confined to the internets so I could appreciate the snaily tenacity.

16. there is a bridge a few inches over… duh! oh well, it is cute

17. Exquisite!

18. Amiee: Snails aren’t bugs!

19. Snails aren’t bugs? I know they aren’t insects,but I think most people consider them bugs. Bugs isn’t exactly a scientific species, just layperson’s term.

Anyway, this little guy makes me admire snails’ determination. Now I feel even guiltier about accidentally stepping on a few snails in my life.

20. I keep coming back to this one. This little guy(?) isn’t just cute, he also speaks to us about the little snail-sized dramas that go on around us all the time, and about the courage of all the little snail-sized creatures who live those dramas. He(?) speaks to us about how we’re all one big family of living creatures, an’ stuff.

…Or then again, maybe it’s just a cute snail. Either way, thanks.

21. A snail is a gastropod. His stomach is his foot. Just like me!
    Also, they are icky, not cute in any way.

22. Go Go Gadget Gastropod!

Snails are brave and strong, but have an unfortunate weakness for beer.

23. Actual dictionary definitions of bug:
    1 (the one in more common usage): an insect or other creeping or crawling invertebrate animal (as a spider) —not used technically
    2: any of the order Hemiptera and especially of its suborder Heteroptera of insects that have sucking mouthparts, forewings thickened at the base, and that lack a pupal stage between the immature stages and the adult called also TRUE BUG

So “bug” is actually MORE specific than “insect.”

Also: snails are TOO cute! *hugs the snail, then washes her hands*

24. YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU REALLY WANT…

25. EWWWWWW snails~ gross u people are freaks gawd

26. I never thought snails could be cute. I may have to think twice before crushing them.

Nah

27. I was actually making out behind this place when I noticed two snails getting it on. It was at night and I didnt have a camera.

28. Snails are so cute, with their little eye stalks and all! I’m glad you include them on the site.

29. Interesting comments about cute or ?. I think there must be some category of “little ones acting courageously” that could be tapped here.

30. He snailed that one.

*dies

31. sümüklüböcekte yerim sümükte yerim bana karışanıda yerim her boku yerim çene çalmayın ebenizi ………

32. How long did it take the snail to do that? I’m picturing you sitting there for quite a while, lol. I confess: they are cute, and I didn’t really know until your pics.

33. k8ydidn't says:

thank you for pointing out the cuteness of snails. I have always had a fondness for them, and certainly nudibranchs are among the most beautiful of creatures.

34. k8ydidn't says:

35. k8ydidn't says:

36. k8ydidn't says:

37. k8ydidn't says:

38. k8ydidn't says:

39. way to go snail!

40. adorable!!! I never knew snails could be so adorable. I love these pics!

41. snails are slimey. Slimey is a violation of the rules of cutness (unless you are a frog)

42. Love these photos. The snail is way cute and the colors are great. this could be a great series of framed photos on a wall.

43. _@_v – yeee! snail power!

44. Snails rule! :)

45. shesnailie_@_v says:

_@_v – snailies in the night…. eyestalks a glancin’… snailies in the night…. what were the chances… we would find a trail… for two…

46. mooo snail!! when i was a little kid i named snails chewy. dont ask why kos i dont know. ^_^ so cuuuute

47. Thats pretty sweet.

48. snail lover!! says:

i love snails so seeing this pic makes me so happy!! when i read this i thought “go snail go!!” lol!! i printed it out!! to all the people who said somethin nice a bout this snail then:”yay 4 u!” p.s. i didnt no snails could scat!! lol :)

49. snail lover!! says:

p.p.s thanx 4 remembering the little guys of the earth!!

50. omg that is SO funny written..i laughed so hard..thank you for that one.. really cute shots too =)

51. Well, I still don’t know how cute this snail is, though the dictionary definition seems to think so. Mostly.

Cute or not, this has to be one of the coolest photo sequences on the web, especially with Meg’s captions. Go go gastropod!

52. How did he manage to do this…surprisingly cute for something I am usually trying to get out of my garden. Maybe I will have to let them eat my basil now…

53. This is hilarious, one of my favorites : )

54. Ugh. Meg, WTF are you thinking?! this is not cute- its disgusting!

55. pistache268 says:

Aw such a cute snaily. Tiny tiny snail. Small.

56. Snails are cute! When they’re far far away from me…Eeeergh.

57. RavishingRoberta says:

O M G Thanks To Your Patience That Was Great. Have A Great Day.

58. First time I saw it I thought, dang, that snail is smart! So it doesn’t matter if it’s cute or not, its his will for survival that wins. Go snail! Go!

59. He’s like one big muscular snail muscle man. Snail superhero. Love love love it.

60. My mom has a pet snail, Snidely, he’s a lil darker than this fellah, but much lazier, LOL

61. that’s amazing like you don’t even know… actually, you probably do.. anyway, nice job!

62. Haha. I made an animation out of it.

LOOOOK:

63. Tomi Hayashi says:

the photos are all right—the captions are amazing.

meg—write a book.

64. Platypus says:

O M G! THAT ISNT CUTE, ONLY LITTLE PUPPIES AND KITTIES AND THEIR INBRED JOY ARE CUTE ANDD THEY HAVE TO BE BALL OF FLUFF THAT FIT INTO TEACUPS AND HAVE BIG GOOGLY EYES AND SNAILS ARE SLIMY AND ICKY AND GROSS!!!
    Seriously, grow up. This is cute. Are you girly little babies who are used to tiny little FURRY things? Grow up.

65. Seriously, this? Is one of the cutest friggin’ things I’ve ever seen in my life. And the captions just make it better.

66. Tryna Merriman says:

WOW! I never knew snails could do such a thing. WOW!

67. WOW! I mean Wow! Just Wow!
    These pics actually made me see “the cute” in the snails.

The series is funny, cute and clever.

Thank you, Meg & Staff!

68. One Skunk Todd says:

Possibly the site is slow because there is a greater for cute today. :(

69. One Skunk Todd says:

Greater “need” that is. :(

70. Yes, this snail has got me thinking that they lead more interesting lives than I ever thought. However, if this snail was in any of my gardens, it would be a goner between two bricks.

71. chimera17 says:

I agree with platypus. What’s with all this discrimination against invertebrates?

I think snails are cute. Cuter than some breeds of dogs, in fact. Yeah, I said it.

72. cfhistorian says:

I adore snails.

73. snails are gross and ugly,i saw nothing cute in any of those pics.

74. People who think these pictures are “gross” just because it’s a snail don’t seem to understand the concept of cute.

75. “Leaving a trail of slime wherever they pass…”
    ;)

76. Lex - Be says:

Ho my god it’s so cute!!!!!

Never seen this before, now I get the concept of the Eeeeeeeeehn sticker (Wich I am the PROUD owner of – Thanks Mariser!!! Am not forgetting you!)

Hats off to that snail!! I love them, they’re so cute. Some get scared and some are curious of you when you handle them, ^^ hiiiii!

77. All of these nuffs need to go away for a while and come back when they learn to appreciate all of nature’s little miracles. I mean, who would ever think that little squshiy snails are this strong?

78. spikedcolor says:

Nature is amazing, and too cute, also :)

Kelly is my new hero- love the animation