Awfully Fawn’d of You

So a baby fawn is found on the front doorstep and brought inside to rest up, with a cuddly Ridgeback. You’re welcome, Merry Christmas.
545556

Comments

1. This is so adorable! :) The dog has a new friend.

2. omg omg omg. i could cry:(:(:(

3. Wgatever you do DO NOT try to find out what happened to this fawn. Trust me.

4. wait! what happened to the fawn now?!

5. I think that person was just being mean.

6. Not to buzz-kill (It is cute) but if you find a Fawn NEVER EVER disturb it. Mothers leave their fawns in “safe places” while they search for food. That mother probably came back and couldn’t find her baby!

7. A-freaking-dorable!!!!!!

8. cutest thing ever.

9. This is THE BEST EVER!!!! So my boyfriend has an adorable rhodesian ridgeback named Leeloo. I have always joked (sort of) that Leeloo looks like a lil’ fawn. Now, just a few weeks ago, I found out that Leeloo’s Mom was named White Fawn Mittens Rhodesia. I guess MOMMY looked like a fawn too! Now, I see this! A rhodie with an actual fawn! it is too much! i can’t take it!!!

10. These are two diff’t pics, the lower belongs to a vet assistant in Santa Barbara, CA (a friend). We can all guess that it doesn’t snow in SB… Thanks for the pic though

11. Jeremy is right. Never touch a wild deer or rabbit, if you can possibly avoid it. You also leave your scent on it when you do, and its mother will reject it even if it does find it shortly after.

Look, but don’t touch.

12. this photo was actually taken by my philosophy professor, what a treat to see it here!
    he told us the fawn was abandoned by his brother’s doorstep, and they took it in to take care of it. the ridgeback decided to take it upon himself to look after the baby animal. some sore of parental instinct. its adorable. the fawn is fine and everyone is still happy. lucked out i guess!

13. hahaha, this is such a cute photo.

the fawn thinks it’s a dog!

14. This pictures could not be cutter!!!! Im gonna die of “Cute-itis”.

Nice Job with the blog, Its nice to see a cute blog instead of all those “im gonna kill my self” or rotten like sites.

15. I actually saw the first photo and the other two on two different articles. The first one was on an article encouraging people to leave baby deer alone… it was taken to demonstrate how a mommy deer puts her baby in a “camouflaged” place while she goes off for a while. See how the baby matches the deck with flower petals strewn across it? The article said that the mom of that little one came back and retrieved her baby later. The second and third pics were from a different story.
    They’re all adorable, though!!

16. Cassidy Boland says:

Oh, my god! The dog and the fawn are together! I went speechless on how cute they both were!

17. Yes, but what does this have to do with the biased liberal media?

18. Maddy, Jordan and holly says:

Its really sad…Deer shouldn’t be without thier mommys

19. Rebecca, I’m relieved to hear that! I was worried a kid had been unecesairly seperated from it’s mommy.

So now I can “Aww” in peace :3

20. I’ll hope my dog wil do the same,
    fantastic.

(the Netherlands)

21. How can people eat deer when the see the love between animals, even of different species!

What a wonderful dog to share its bed and home.

22. larry woosley says:

If the deer is turned loose now it will die. The People should raise it till it goes to the forest on it’s own

23. larry woosley says:

24. OMG the photo was soOoOoO friggen cute all 3 of them AWWWWWWWWWW!!! how cute is that?!?!?!?!

25. monica lopez says:

i think that this is the cuties thing that i have ever seen i love deers and i hate when people kill them

26. hey be free to write to me

27. Kekendra Adreniline Rush says:

Wow! This picture is awesome! The first second I glanced at it, tears came to my eyes and i started to cry a heartwarming cry! Your picture has touched my heart and most likely many others!
    P.S I lost my voice yesterday, so I am expressing my feelings through e-mail and posting thoughtful comments! Please think of me on holidays when you have the gift to talk and I do not
    happy holidays to all,
    Kekendra
    p.s. I know Mothra and Karathma and Karathma and Mothra know me

28. I’m glad that animals in U.S.A are protected and loved by men. However, there’s not so strong feeling for people to do it in China.:( Merry Christmas for all you here.

29. Bambi Borkowski says:

This is really sweet!
    From one Bambi to another!

30. I wish I could have a picture like this on my blog. We would look so cute together.

31. Too cute! My dogs would have eaten the poor lil’ cute deer. This doggie is too sweet! :)

32. In the first picture the “snow” appears fake…and a white fake Christmas tree just happens to be there? It is still a cute picture, however, I wonder if the people understand just what problems they will have when that “cute fawn” grows up….

33. I love this picture, its beautiful to see love like this.

34. That Is so0o0o0o0o CUTE!!!
    ahhhh cute overload!!!

35. Animale love!
    (ooooooooooooooo)!

36. According, at least to these folks (http://members.aol.com/runnen4jesus3/Page33.html), the fawn in the first picture is 1. a different animal from the one in the other two and 2. waiting for its mother, who retrieved it later in the day.
    And those’re apple blossoms falling onto the porch step – which would make for good camoflage.

37. that is so damn cute

38. c0mplicat3d says:

haiis.. it l0oks s0 cute.. but.. at the same time.. l0oks s0 sad..

39. captain obvious says:

For the record, some of you people have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and it’s quite entertaining. Referring to the first picture, it was taken in my hometown of Bend, OR, which can be validated by doing a simple search online. Secondly, it’s NOT SNOW but rather crabapple blossom petals on the deck. The “fake Christmas tree” claimed by Dorothy on Dec. 27 is actually a blue spruce, and is quite real. Good work there Sherlock. For the rest of you, enjoy your comments, but try not to look like a complete dumbass.

40. OMG, I think I just teared up a bit :’)

41. Christiane says:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!! That’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!!

42. Christiane says:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!! That’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!!

43. Christiane says:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!! That’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!!

44. ahhh I hope they don’t eat the poor thing.

45. Stephanie says:

Too cute! What kind of dog is that? He is just adorable!!

46. Last weekend with my buddies, i bagged a similar deer with my 9mm

47. I loved!
    So cute!
    So beautiful!
    smackkkks

48. Thisisgoodinawhitewinesauce says:

Can i get it with a red whine sauce, with extra peppers and mushrooms….no fur this time!
    Ladies and gents, we, Americans, have a serious Bambi problem that is costing lives every day. Venicin stew is good!

49. Thisisgoodinawhitewinesauce says:

If you find a fawn, if you dont want to butcher it, LEAVE IT ALONE. The mother will often leave them in *safe* places to go for food. Bambi’s mom could come back and not find her kid. (some loss)

50. Thisisgoodinawhitewinesauce says:

Guys, deers run in the roads, and their kin could kill drivers. Bambis USED to be useful, but now we have ground beef and supermarkets. Sure, he looks harmless now, but wait until he’s older and he causes a death. will you think he’s so cute and innocent THEN?!

51. this is one of those photos that you think were manipulated with photoshop because it’s so unreal! I love it, and I love that a dog can form a bond with little bambi. this site is so cute to me, but also makes me more certain that creation is just amazing in general and designed so well.

holly

52. Oh! now thats just cute overload thats too cute!

53. julie ware says:

what state was this taken in?
    SOmeone had it posted at work and said it was their pictures!!!!!

54. OMG that’s my music teachers dog!!!!

That picture is on his computer, and he showed it to me after band. I forgot the dog’s name, though…

55. Anybody's says:

Dear Aldana,

No you ain’t gonna die of “cute-itis” that doggie is gonna die of that, and so is the deer, your gonna die of “old-ass-itis”
    I’m a younger girl than you,

64. Anybody's says:

Sorry Aldana!!!!

65. Anybody's says:

Sorry Aldana!!!!

66. Anybody's says:

Sorry Aldana!!!!

67. fawn hidden among apple blossoms…
    that’s such a brilliant camouflage!

68. the last picture nearly made me cry on site. Too adorable.

69. Peaches says:

So beautiful and heart warming! Thanks for the “don’t touch deer” info from many of you. I had no idea and now I know not to touch! Thanks:)

70. This is terrible and cruel.Fawns are usally NOT abandon, don’t take them in your house, the mothers are hiding them and will come back to feed them. DON’T tuch wild animals, the human scent will probably scare the morter and the poor cute baby animal will strv to death.
    Do you not read about animals, wild life, etc in the US?

71. [rolleyes]

Cis — it doesn’t sound like you’ve read about “animals, wild life, etc” in any depth, either.

Also, it’s usually a good idea to know at least *some* of the story behind these pictures, before attempting to pass judgement.

72. So Theo, what did I miss?

I don’t know ther story behind this pictures, but it can be tempting for some people with little, or non knowledge to take care of “abandon” animals when they see this “cute” pictures. Just read the most of the comments above.

73. ok..first of all, who cares if they are from different pix, cuz theyre cute anyways….SOOO CUUTEEE!!!!

and what are these URLs above???????

74. Danielle says:

Awwww.. thats the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!

75. aww.
    i’m a sucker for animals

76. Cute but what happened after these picts were taken?

77. jim-bob says:

this is off topic, but does anyone else using internet explorer 7 to view this page get told its a suspected ‘phishing’ website? I do,no idea why

78. Mysterium says:

How is it possible that about 3 or 4 of you if not more have claimed this photo for your own. I say we pull you guys together adn figure out what’s what. The photo is so popular it even made it onto Snopes.com! http://snopes.com/photos/animals/fawn.asp

It’s still undeterminded.

79. emily-jade says:

omg dont judge the person who took the fawn in just because they touched it… than the person it cood have been really sick…really the person saved the animal

80. definetly sad

81. The Ridgeback looks like a sweetheart.

82. Brendan "Pimp-Daddy" says:

The best part about this picture is that when the fawn grows to adulthood, you can have deer sausage for the year!

83. Brendan "Pimp-Daddy" says:

84. Brendan "Pimp-Daddy" says:

85. Brendan "Pimp-Daddy" says:

86. Brendan "Pimp-Daddy" says:

87. Brendan "Pimp-Daddy" says:

88. Aww thats so cute of what the dog was doin but umm wait what happened to the fawn?…

89. Aww thats so cute of what the dog was doin but umm wait what happened to the fawn?…

90. My rhodesian rideback would have eaten the fawn in about ten minutes flat. Little fawnee wouldn’t have stood a chance!!! awww cute!!!

91. first off, touching a wild animal does not scare the mother off because of your scent — that’s an old wive’s tale that children are told so they don’t mess with wild animals. i’ve bred a number of animals and always handled them from birth and there wasn’t a single litter that died because of it.

secondly, the two photos are from different sources. if you’re in doubt of this, try http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/fawn.asp

snopes.com will help you avoid looking stupid. use it.

92. Cookie AKA Zoe says:

THE DEER PLENDS IN WITH THE PORCH!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!

93. MissMichelle says:

Oh my gah… the first picture makes you all sad because the fawn is all alone in the cold weather- but the second and third pictures make you feel like everything is right in the world. :)

94. In that first pic it’s cool how the fawn is perfectly camoflauged against the stairs!

95. unreachable says:

I can’t beleive someone just said something about the deer being cold after the bunch of posts above saying its petals and not snow on the porch

96. err… its kind of obvious the first scenario is different than the other two — look at the markings above the fawn’s head!

97. What worries me is that now the fawn will think that humans are it’s friends – which means, it’ll be a sitting duck next hunting season! :-(

98. aww….cute..? sad..?Can’t decide! aah

99. that is so sweet i wonder if the mommy ever came back for her baby

100. It’s really touching to see pictures especially like these three in a world like the one we are presently living in. It’s nice to take a break from watching the body count of the War for Oil… oh, crap, I mean War on Terrorism constantly rising and seeing a picture as heartwarming as this one. To whoever took these three photos and posted them: You have my eternal thanks and gratitude.

(In case there are any people reading my message saying, “Oh man, that guy is totally gay,” I’m not. Yes, I’m a male, I’m 23, but I’m 100% straight. I just happen to have a major, major soft spot for animals. I always have, and I always will.)

101. oh god, idiots! never ever touch a baby fawn
    the mother was obviously hiding it
    the mother will reject it once human scent is on it

102. Aww. It looks like the doggy is protecting the deer.

103. WOW!That’s just one of the cutest things ever!I’d love to be you when I look at this cute little baby deer.The dog also looks at the deer like it’s her puppy.That’s just one of the cutest things ever.AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

104. aww, how cute! i want a fawn!

105. We should learn to let nature do its thing and not encourage people to interfere with it for the sake of cuteness. Selfish. Clearly whoever did this did not know what was best for the fawn.

106. Because you so clearly DO know what was best, since you’re a doe? (…a deer. A female deer.)